- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 5PM EST > 4AM EST
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: yes
-- Tuesday: yes
-- Wednesday: yes
-- Thursday: yes
-- Sunday: yes
- Do any others have access to your account? Over my dead body, lol.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yep.
- How long have you played WoW: Early Beta of vanilla
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Currently only including Tort, everything else cleared on normal & 7/16 heroic. Other then those I cleared everything during its prime minus 2 breaks ( 1 in bc & another in Cata )

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Nektol \ Hunter

- Race & why did you choose it: Orc, before ToT it was the highest dps, atm troll might be higher, still running numbers on that but will change if it is even a minor increase.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... tol/simple

- Can you describe the ruckus? You watch your tone young man!

- Professions and why did you choose them: Engi & JC, combination of stable dps increase & small burst.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I have this overwhelming urge to go marks, I suspect with a higher dmg weapon it might outperform survival on certain fights in which case I will play it. Otherwise atm SV is the highest.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Basing on primary stat weights after that crit > haste / mastery, I try to even them out, seems to work better dmg wise, least @ this gear level.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Primary spec SV - Animal bond:10% increased healing, Disengage: travel distance, Deterence: Lower raid dmg taken.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? I always attempt to maximize cooldowns + procs.
Sting > Rapid Fire > Glaive > Personal Offensive CDs > Black Arrow > Explosive > Birds > Stampede > Refresh sting with new snapshot via cobra > explosive when proc

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? First Aid & Healthstones =p

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): None on this character.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Carnage. I have been in that guild for a long time & finally decided to move on along with 12 other people. All of us shared the same concern, it was with the way raids were being led and after years of the same thing happening we just got tired of it. The raid leader is the brother of the GM which kind of created a huge problem. We all attempted to try a 10 man since we were the top dps of the guild but after some guilt tripping we lost a tank & decided to go our separate ways.
Except for Guddz & I, he actually informed me that you had hunter spots open.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ep39wqze ... 352&e=7762
This is one of the most recent ones, I was doing & coordinating the stacks, ended up not getting a heal at a point with about 15 stacks, died & still recovered with the damage. I would have ranked on that one if I didn't die but I wanted to point that one out simply because I think it shows that I can coordinate & perform other duties while keeping my dps high & even through a death and 78% uptime do really well.

- Alts & their name/level: I have 6 lvl 90s but I will only be xfering my hunter for now.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Axon - Nektulos \ Skype - Neriak187

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: At the moment I do not know any of you but I have seen you high up on wowprogress!

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? You guys seem to have quality people & you are interested in progression, we share common interests!
I come from an EQ background, I raided in a world #2 guild on Ec'i for years as a 17 year old kid. Designated the pull team, woke the sleeper, leapfrogged other guilds for bosses. It taught me to play everything to the max. I rarely make mistakes, I can literally count them. Since BC there were three mistakes I have ever made in a raid & I beat myself up over them every time I think of them ... lol.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I7 3 series overclocked with liquid cooling, 32 gb ram, SLI 680s. FPS sits at 150-200. I play on a 120hz monitor so the high FPS is a must for me.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2578244028.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://picturepush.com/public/12428800

Nektol
User

Re: Nektol - Hunter

Postby Nektol » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:53 am

SS of UI
Attachments
GAME SS.jpg

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:55 am

where in nyc?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Nektol
User

Postby Nektol » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:59 am

Brooklyn

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:59 am

Nektol wrote:Brooklyn

i'm in williamsburg :)
if you never tasted joy

Nektol
User

Postby Nektol » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Oh dude! Beers if I get in ? =p

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:01 pm

you buying?
if you never tasted joy

Nektol
User

Postby Nektol » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Yup, Barcade, next Sat!

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:09 pm

hey i go there! anyway, let's see how the application goes first. i think it's a good application and i don't have anything in particular to ask. weekends are typically a bit slow for us but i'm sure our hunters and other officers will be able to add their own comments soon.

what character(s) did you play during vanilla?
if you never tasted joy

Nektol
User

Postby Nektol » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:17 pm

Played my Rogue, was a Rogue in EQ also so went with what I liked the most. My rogue still has the forsaken hearts in the bank from AV! Even my fire resist gear, good times lol.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:21 pm

Nektol wrote:Played my Rogue, was a Rogue in EQ also so went with what I liked the most. My rogue still has the forsaken hearts in the bank from AV! Even my fire resist gear, good times lol.

can you link his armory?
if you never tasted joy

Nektol
User

Postby Nektol » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:25 pm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... los/simple

Have my Centurion title up, was higher but it decayed :( Couldn't keep doing 10 hours of pvp every day, was insane back then.

Pepperonis
User

Postby Pepperonis » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Why do you value haste over mastery, even after you hit haste break points?

Could you elaborate more on your FCFS rotation, why do you have priority on abilities over others?

You say you've only made 3 mistakes since BC, why did you die to furious swipe on Garalon?

Please explain why you use SV versus BM on Lei Shi.

Nektol
User

Postby Nektol » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:22 am

I have tested the haste / mastery issue for weeks on different bosses & encounters. It does provide a higher dps output allowing for more AS. It is possible for mastery to come up higher at heavy aoe fights.

Readines is used in the beginning of the fight at the 32 second mark for double crows & double fervor.
Fervor used on cooldown, if high on focus dump via arcane. Arcane is always the dump when everything else is down unless sting timer is low or focus is needed at which point cobra comes into play.
Priority is Explosive > Glaive > Arcane, all must be used on cooldown for maximum dps.
Since sting snapshots every time you CS I time it with my buffs to maximize its damage.
Also being right under the boss will require 2 arcane weaves in between each explosive shot in order for the last ticks not to overlap / clip, medium (10-15) is 1 weave & anything over 24-27 will allow you to spam 3 back to back.

I believe it was a pheromone rescue issue.

SV was used on Lei Shi as preference & really a tool for comparison, also I think Guddz & I had a bet of some sorts where I would beat him even while managing 3 people for the debuff lol. Unfortunately I died T_T.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:46 pm

are you guys able to hop on mumble with us around 6pm eastern time?
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”