- Usual Play Times (Server Time): anytime after 3 server
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days: ----
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes.

- How long have you played WoW: Way too long, Since 08/31/2005 on this account, which is not my first

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Current? Everything on normal, 6/6 mogu, 4/6 HoF, 0/4 terrace. heroic.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Yapix Paladin

- Race & why did you choose it: Draenei, for the hit bonus and because they look cool. (Will be belf, becuase 8 str is not worth looking tauren for)

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... pix/simple

- Can you describe the ruckus? Nope, but a quick google search brings up a band of some type.

- Professions and why did you choose them: Tailoring/Engineering, Best for Ret ATM due to cd's lining up etc.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Prot is dual spec, and i never play it.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: STR > Haste > Crit=mastery. Haste is usually at a ~0.5 or more value, meaning if i gain double the haste over str, the piece is a dps boost. (why you gem haste over str)

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: For ret, Glyphs are situational, and can be changed on a fight per fight basis.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Inq > TV (5point) > HoW > Exo > Judge > CS > TV (3 point)

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): 2200 last season is the best i've done on this toon, and only really did it for the T-Mog.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Long list, so bear with me, will be short forming stuff at the start, and explaining in more detail for more recent guilds.

BC/Vanilla - Only raided casually, or not at all, never really got into the scene of anything near competitive.
Wrath - AoA (greymane) - First true raiding guild, left because i felt i could do better

Divide (greymane) - Good guild, only stayed for a short stay, did not like the people i was raiding with and so moved on.

RI (Maelstrom) - Stayed for half a year or so, got 2 realm firsts, then decided i would take a break and missed most of ICC.

Cata - Havoc (Aggramar) - Started off kinda meh with a guild called Havoc, raided untill they died late T11.
Blood Legion - Joined at the end of T11 (March), stayed with them for the remainder of Cata.

MoP - Blood Legion, Cleared all of Mogu heroic with them, but soon realised with my new schooling (i started attending classes at MuN (Memorial University of Newfound Land) i could not make their later raids, which pused 6 am my time)

Fallen II - Tichcondrious - After a 4 or so month break, i decided to try and raid with a new guild along with my Girlfriend. However the people in this guild are kind of.... how do i say it... ass holes. I think the thing that put me over the edge of not wanting to be here was their pure dkp system (if you bid on a item you can win it) which results in me getting 0 loot because a warrior with more dkp then me does not want me to get loot. Kind if stupid right?

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Uh, i'm at home right now (parents) so i don't have my true computer, This is the current UI on my laptop, it is very similar to my normal ui, just more cluttered (smaller resolution makes certain settings un-usable. http://i.imgur.com/T5gHZ.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7xl2sbaqvnjl7i6n/ My damage is lower then i would like, but i'm attributing that to my lack of will to actually raid with this guild, and my lack of gear. I know i can do better, i just don't feel the want to in my current situation. You can see mechanical my play is very good( inq uptime, cd's lining up, etc etc)

- Alts & their name/level: None of them have any gear atm, but

Yapchi - 90 monk
Yapi - 90 shaman
Yapix - 90 rogue
NotYapix - 90 Shadow priest
Yapiex - 90 mage.
(85 of every other class - a hunter, because fuck hunters (its 83))

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] <- my real ID, can also email it if you need,

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I know some of you, just nhe tiot well, played league with a few of you. Ninecats/nykas/sam/arkeria or w/e his name is told me to apply here when i left bl, but at the time i had no interest in raiding. Zoomkins/Dan also talks highly of you guys.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Because i'm looking for a fun, yet serious guild. i don't have the time i wish i had to play this game anymore, and i'm looking for something that can keep me intrested in the game while not having to play it as much as i did.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Typical fps around 30-60, Can't give you specifics as i am at home on a backup laptop playin atm.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. Can't link results, again, home, laptop, not at school, etc etc. Usually around 90-100 MS to Chicago from ST Johns. 5 MB down, 0.5 MB up

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). http://i.imgur.com/AL5WD.png

I would like to add if you have any other questions (that don't really pertain to my playing, or this app), feel free to ask.

Nordiah
User

Re: Sadistic - Ret Paladin

Postby Nordiah » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Why no strength to bracer enchant?

Why do you have an expertise gem in your belt?

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: For ret, Glyphs are situational, and can be changed on a fight per fight basis.

Can you give a few examples of when you would change talents/glyphs? Under what specific circumstances would you switch to lights hammer or holy prism?

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Inq > TV (5point) > HoW > Exo > Judge > CS > TV (3 point)

Is this really your normal dps rotation? Can you go into more detail? What abilities do you use to start a fight step by step?

Also like you said, your logs leave a lot to be desired.

Yapi
User

Postby Yapi » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:50 pm

There have been literally 0 on the ah for weeks, I'll start spamming trade again and hopefully i can find someone with the pattern that does not charge too much =/

I have an expertise gem because using the gem puts me .1% over cap and allows for me to have more haste than having to reforge out of something into expertise.

Examples where i would change glyphs are, glyphing div prot on any fight where high amounts of physical dmg go out (force and verb, empress, blade lord.). Removing exo for any fight w/o AE (allows you to get exo's while moving etc etc). Blinding light on any fight where it may be useful (used it on will, and lei shi.) You can glyph WoG if you know you will be off healing alot (did this on BL's first kill of Garajal.)

I've only ever used holy prism on Elegon, and since i've done the fight a grand total of like 3 times, i don't even know if its worth it. Light hammer you should use on any fight where the majority of the casts will be on 2 or more targets, IE Dogs, Wind lord, and protectors if you wish to pad alot. Any other fight execution sentence is better for the single target dmg it brings.

Start the fight off with an Exo and then a judgement, then CS when boss is in range. get Inq up, from here on in its pretty random. Usually you will use your CD's meaning your next ability should be HoW, followed by a filler (Exo > Judge > Cs, depending on what is up) followed by another HoW, followed by TV, HoW, etc etc.

One of the main reason I enjoy ret is there is no REAL rotation. you have to think on your feet and set up what youa re going to do next biased on what coming off cd when. Then you get the occasional curve ball with and exo proc, which you should use asap due to its damage and wanting to get it on cd so it can proc again.

so i'm sorry for the confusion, what i linked was a priority queue, since we have no real rotation. Each time you go into an encounter, the only part of the fight that will be the same is the first second, after that, anything can happen. (I could get a AoW proc on my first melee swing, meaning my opening would be Exo > Exo > judge...)

And yeah, sorry about the logs, i guess i'm just not in the mood to raid most nights, which makes me struggle to preform as well as I can. Quite frankly i'm hopeing that the change of atmosphere may re-ignite my love of raiding, allowing me to preform as well as i can.

I guess what i'm trying to say is i know i can do better that what i've shown here on these logs, and being an applicant in a guild that actually cares about how you preform may give you the shove i need to stop sucking.

Yapi
User

Postby Yapi » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:52 pm

I'de also like to apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors throughout the app, i'm dyslexic dysgrapic, which essentially means my dyslexia extended to typing as well.

it is not that i am giving these responses so little effort as to not proof read what i say, it is more that even when proof reading i miss mistakes many of you will see.

rahba
User

Postby rahba » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:29 am

Yapi wrote:I'de also like to apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors throughout the app, i'm dyslexic dysgrapic, which essentially means my dyslexia extended to typing as well.

Also a newfie.

Yapi
User

Postby Yapi » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:41 am

rahba wrote:
Yapi wrote:I'de also like to apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors throughout the app, i'm dyslexic dysgrapic, which essentially means my dyslexia extended to typing as well.

Also a newfie.

Actually i was born in Montreal and lived in Ottawa for the majority of my life. I only live in NF for school now. :)

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:17 pm

We gotta talk about this app as a whole but the officers are off doing family things, were you apping alone then? You had talked about doing a group app with a dk to me in game.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Yapi
User

Postby Yapi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:15 pm

I am apping alone, she decided to quit.

i'm going to be away from a computer for the majority of next week as well. Family stuff.

Jason
User

Postby Jason » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:19 am

Since you've raided with Blood Legion (and had some type of streaming agreement with Affinitii at one point), I'm assuming you'd be able to bring adequate performance to the table given the right "motivation." My only concern is whether you're the type of player that is in it for the long haul afterwards.

Zoomkin
User

Postby Zoomkin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Jason wrote:Since you've raided with Blood Legion (and had some type of streaming agreement with Affinitii at one point), I'm assuming you'd be able to bring adequate performance to the table given the right "motivation." My only concern is whether you're the type of player that is in it for the long haul afterwards.

He was with our guild for over a year and a half, so it was a pretty long haul being a veteran of a guild. Solid player just have to hammer out what time he has to play with school or work or what not, which is more on the officers asking availability.
Image Image

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Yapi wrote:- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Prot is dual spec, and i never play it.

by no means is playing a second spec required but it's certainly looked favorably upon if you can fill in for someone in the case of an emergency or raid stacking. do you feel comfortable playing holy or prot in a raid?

Yapi wrote:- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Uh, i'm at home right now (parents) so i don't have my true computer, This is the current UI on my laptop, it is very similar to my normal ui, just more cluttered (smaller resolution makes certain settings un-usable. http://i.imgur.com/T5gHZ.jpg

please post something with you in a 25-man raid (sha or battleground will also work).

Yapi wrote:- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. Can't link results, again, home, laptop, not at school, etc etc. Usually around 90-100 MS to Chicago from ST Johns. 5 MB down, 0.5 MB up

please link this from school when possible.

Zoomkin wrote:Solid player just have to hammer out what time he has to play with school or work or what not, which is more on the officers asking availability.

i'm glad that you have some solid endorsements! i do need to make sure that you're comfortable with our 25-hour raid schedule now and going forward.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:34 am

thanks for your application but we're not interested at this time.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”