iDrunkenheal - Mistweaver Monk

Even Baddier Baddies
iholycow
User

iDrunkenheal - Mistweaver Monk

Postby iholycow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 23 Virginia
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Most of the time I'm not at work (normal work hours).
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days: Yes
-- Monday:
-- Tuesday:
-- Wednesday:
-- Thursday:
-- Sunday:
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Of course
- How long have you played WoW: 2 years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
T11 - I came back to wow at the end of t11 so I ended up joining a really crappy raiding guild that barely cleared t11 normal.

T12 - I have cleared 7/7hc. Unfortunately the guilds I were in were unable to kill Rag before nerfs.

T13 - Cleared 8/8hc during the 15% nerf

T14 - 3/6Hc MSV and 6/6N Hof

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: iDrunkenHeal - Monk
- Race & why did you choose it: Panda - 1. Because its awesome. 2. Because of the racial.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... l/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? The Ruckus is what I do in 5 mans on my DK. I don't think I've ever made it through a dungeon without a healer leaving. I don't get it cause I don't die. :)
- Professions and why did you choose them: Enchanting and Alchemy. I chose them for the stats and to help the guild make enchants and flasks.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I play my windwalker for questing, but could quickly learn how to play it for an actual off spec.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I haven't PVPed in MOP yet. I reached Legionaire on my paladin in season 11.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Wrath - The Establishment on Dunemaul. We cleared TOGC pre ICC.

Cata - I honestly can't remember the first guild I joined. It was really terrible.

Fortes en Unitate - was a step up from the previous guild. We ended up clearing 6/7hc post nerf.

SnD - Killed Heroic rag after the final nerf and killed Heroic madness at the 15% nerf.

I am not being pushed to my full potential in the guild I am currently in. I miss the feeling one gets after hard work and lots of wipes and finally killing a boss.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://imgur.com/RpjB6
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/165731/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/238005/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/11108/

- Alts & their name/level: Rafformonk - 90 iRageFace - 90
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] skype - Zosden
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: wowprogress
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? If you are going to look at my logs and ask why the other monk is out healing me. Then just decline this app. He is a meter padder and has no idea how to actually heal. While HPS is important - so is using your cds at an appropriate time and sticking to your assignments.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I have an intel i7 and Nvidia 280 with 6GBs of Ram. I never go below 45fps in a raid.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2311829389.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://imgur.com/0AyxZ

grouch
Admin

Re: iDrunkenheal - Mistweaver Monk

Postby grouch » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 pm

relink your armory? you should learn how to use the preview button.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

iholycow
User

Postby iholycow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:36 pm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... l/advanced

I'm really sorry about that. It looked fine before the preview. I then looked to make sure everything I said made sense. Sorry for the overlook.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Why did you choose to ignore the questions about what spells you use to heal?

Can you explain why you gear the way you do?

Also.

Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? If you are going to look at my logs and ask why the other monk is out healing me. Then just decline this app. He is a meter padder and has no idea how to actually heal. While HPS is important - so is using your cds at an appropriate time and sticking to your assignments.

This is absolutely absurd. Not only are you constantly getting trained by the other monk in a lot of the logs I looked at, you're getting trained by OTHER healers. You are doing entirely too little healing as a mistweaver.

"While HPS is important - so is using your CD's at an appropriate time and sticking to your assignments."

What CD's? Revival? ZM (protip, ZM is worthless). Revival shouldn't change ANYTHING.

What makes monk good is the fact that we can double the HPS of other classes and do it sustained for a really long time. It has nothing to do with "meter padding." It has everything to do with just playing well. You can do insane AOE healing while still "sticking to your assignment." - There isn't "do one or the other." with monk. I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

If you're a mistweaver and not putting out as much healing as possible, you pretty much could be replaced by any other class with actual utility.

iholycow
User

Postby iholycow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:16 pm

I'm not sure what happened I definitely filled those out and were there when I hit preview.

Spell usage:

Spread aoe: RM > expel harm > jab for mana spells for chi spells uplift when I have 2 chi.

Stacked aoe RM > expel harm > SCK for mana spells for chi spells uplift when RM is on 16+ targets otherwise chi burst.

Gear:

Spirit > Int > haste (1350) > crit > mastery > haste
I'm going back and forth between crit and mastery. If the fight is spread crit is better but if the fight is stacked then mastery is better.

Depending on how many resto shamans we have I either spirit flask or int flask with spirit or int food.

When everyone is doing 50%+ overhealing then meter padding is a problem. The difference between me being the top healer and the middle of the pack is literally did I line up my thunder focus tea with the damage perfectly. If not. Well I'm fucked. I'm not sure if you have ever healed in an environment like this but it is not fun and is very determinatial to the raids survivability. It's all fine and good to say well you should be doubling the healing of the other healers, but when there is nothing to actually heal what am I suppose to do?

Like I said if you want someone who will just maximizes his hps and be oom when you actually need it. Take someone like joemonkit. If you want someone who actually knows how and who to heal and comes to the raid prepared then take me. If you want an example look at logs for tsulong. He did 0 healing to him. I had to tell him to. Then I had to tell the other healers when to use things like life cocoon + wings + barrier. We hit the enrage be cause our healers didn't know how to dispell or how the actual mechanics of the fight worked.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:27 pm

I am this guild's current Mistweaver and everything you're saying about healing is absolutely wrong. Your logs are incredibly unimpressive.

Ultimately, it's not up to me, but I don't feel like you're performing where you need to be for a mistweaver in this sort of content.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:29 pm

To clarify. Maximizing your HPS =! going oom. It's incredibly hard to oom if you're playing well at all. Mistweavers excel about prepping their heals to be ready for massive bombs when AOE damage goes out.

There is no excuse to be going middle of the pack \ last on any fight in any situation as a mistweaver except for poor play. You're just not casting spells if that's what's happening.

iholycow
User

Postby iholycow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Lets just dive into what your are saying. Lets look at the perfect fight for mistweavers.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k ... 40&e=10127 // yours

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0 ... 838&e=5243 // mine

We brought 7 healers you brought 5.
I did 3k less hps then you on the fight yet we had 30% more healers then you.
I did 60 million raw healing you did 50 million. This is a fight with constant non lethal raid damage doing out. Over healing should be ideally 5-10% due to having to heal tanks and some classes having better defensive cds. Yet you did 23.7% over healing and I did 35.3% over healing. If we ran 5 healers and our raid stacked up like it should have I would have done significantly higher hps. Approximately 20% better maybe higher, which would put me at 115k hps. This over healing issue is a problem on all our fights and is usually made worse on fights that aren't that healing intensive.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:10 pm

You're ignoring the fact that we took something like 34,905,182 less damage than your raid took, even with 5 healers. You wouldn't have done "significantly more HPS." - In fact, looking at your healing breakdown, you would have done less. considering the lack of damage going out.

Additionally, overhealing is absolutely never a problem if nobody is going OOM.

Mistweavers benefit from the fact that we can pre-emptively spread our healing to have uplift ready at any given time for any given AOE moment. Just looking at your breakdowns, you aren't doing that at all.

Also, Garalon isn't at all the perfect fight for Mistweavers.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 pm

And -even if it was-, you're underperforming on bosses that aren't ideal for mistweavers that you should be doing MUCH better on.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:18 pm

drunk guy - your numbers also reflect the fact that your disc priest sucks.
if you never tasted joy

vix
User

Postby vix » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:27 pm

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:33 pm

honestly though, i think you two could learn from eachother (be it good stuff or bad stuff) - you should do lfr together on tuesday!
if you never tasted joy

iholycow
User

Postby iholycow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:20 pm

I would love to do an lfr. My realid is posted in my app and my battletag is iholy1811

iholycow
User

Postby iholycow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:37 pm

iholycow1811* cocaine is a hell of a drug

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”