Mateba- Rogue

Even Baddier Baddies
Metz
User

Mateba- Rogue

Postby Metz » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 20, Connecticut

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): I'm usually on an hour before raids, here and there during the week and Sundays

- Number of Testicles: Enough to get the job done

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Si
-- Wednesday: Ja
-- Thursday: Oui
-- Friday (optional): NEIN!
-- Saturday (optional): NICHT!
-- Sunday: Sure

- Do any others have access to your account? Nope

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? No, I find as long as I'm the only one who can access my account it's pretty secure considering even auth's were hacked. When I had an interest in getting one they were back-ordered anyway.

- How long have you played WoW: Since Nov 2005

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Vanilla: I cleared all content during Vanilla and saw some of Naxx as a Holy Paladin

BC: A few months before BC I rerolled Rogue and cleared all raid content except for KJ pre-nerf. M'uru was killed after his first small nerf to his adds.

Wrath: Cleared all content up to Ulduar HM's when it was relevant. Took a break and ended up clearing ToGC 10 and didn't really see LK until Cata.

Cata: Cleared Normal BWD, TotFW, and BoT. 6/7 H Firelands on a Warrior and 8/8 H DS on my Rogue

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Mateba Rogue

- Race & why did you choose it: I rolled Orc because next to Troll who may be slightly ahead they have very good racials for the Rogue Class. BF/Axe Specialization are what I'm talking about specifically, when I am able to get my hand on an axe/fist it gives me a bit more play with my stats due to having the extra expertise and BF acts as pretty much a 2min on use trinket. To be honest though before I really even thought about that I just thought Orcs were baddass.

- Link to Battle.net Armory:

Rogue: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... a/advanced
Link to said Warrior: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... y/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus?
Uh what ruckus?

- Professions and why did you choose them:
Leatherworking was an obvious raid profession choice for the emboss and the cheapo leg enchant. Herbalism on the other hand was picked up to help fund Leatherworking, and I took it because as opposed to skinning I felt the on use haste would be better until I completely drop it for what I hope should be Engineering but I've heard horror stories when it came to leveling it.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
With 5.0.4 I've dropped combat for Assassination as at level 90 it's simming pretty well along with Subtlety so I figured I might as well learn to play it while I have the chance before MoP.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
Currently I'm working towards BiS for the character. I've talked to Grouch already about how I kinda started working on this guy pretty late in the game which explains my lack of sparkling orange daggers as well as my full BiS gear. For the most part I'm getting close, I was able to pick up a Heroic Vial which is BiS for Assassination, but for the most part BiS lists have been up for some time now and it would probably be better if I explained my gem/enchanting/reforge choices than to ramble on about gear.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
With the new patch I'm currently looking to get my hands on glyph of Cloak of Shadows/Glyph of Evasion for sheer survivability in raids cause what good is a dead Rogue. The final primary glyph is the only assassination specific glyph being glyph of vendetta.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Assassination rotation isn't too hard it's pretty much a 4-5e/5r rotation once SnD is up and the only thing you really need to make sure of is to not clip your envenom buff and do not let rupture drop and you're pretty much golden.
As for Sub I'm still unsure if it's changed at all since last patch, but my usual rotation for spine was a 5s/5recup/5r then Evis when I can.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I had the Rival title on this Rogue, but it seems to not be in my title pane anymore.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: My current guild is a bunch of great people, and I get along with them all very well. However with them being a weekend guild and with football games taking place on weekends it's been a challenge for me to make raids.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://i.imgur.com/hPF7b.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
Here's logs from what's supposed to be a H25 DS, but WoL is being funky and isn't showing as such. I had to leave before Ultrax (yeah the best fight for logs) because I an emergency.

- Alts & their name/level:
Level 85 Warrior Jinglebelly armory posted

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
Just an email or a PM on these forums, Grouch has my real id

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
Grouch posted in my recruitment thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490559677#11

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
A lot of why this is the guild I choose to apply to is due to my conversation with Grouch last night. The guild has been around since Vanilla and being a Vanilla player it's nice being with people who have shared those same experiences whether it be raiding back then or PvP. It also shows that this is a guild that has had some sort of strong lasting leadership that has held it together for so long. After my experience with a re-roll guild on my warrior I'm certainly not looking for another guild to fall through on me. Finally you seem to have the competitive edge that I'm looking for since I took my break back in wrath when I was raiding in a top US 150 guild.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Operating System:
Windows 2.5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3)

CPU Type:
AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 440 Processor

CPU Speed:
3.02 GHz

System Memory:
2 GB (More is on the way!)

Video Card Model:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

My FPS in raids usually dips as low as 25 on really spell intensive fights. If it gets really bad I'll just turn other settings down.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint.

Ninetales
User

Re: Mateba- Rogue

Postby Ninetales » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:17 pm

You never told us your stat priorities, that's what we're looking for in the 'gear choice' question. How does football affect your raiding?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Metz
User

Postby Metz » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Sorry I thought it would be asked later in the app and then just forgot about it. But as assassination it goes Agility>Yellow Hit>Mastery>Haste>Crit

In regards to football I'm looking for a new guild solely because the on I'm in is a weekend guild that raids Fri/Sat and I just can't do that atm. I need a weekday schedule and so if I were accepted football would not hinder my attendance

Darenia
User

Postby Darenia » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Meatwad get the money see
Meatwad get the honeys g

Sorry I had too. :p ATHF.
Eon: well... I was insinuating your other bunny >.> you know... sexual innuendo?
Darenia: OHH...i got a Hitachi. DONT NEED THE RABBIT ANYMORE.
Eon: arent those the really old virtual pets from the 90s?

Nine
User

Postby Nine » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:55 pm

I don't know much about rogues but you said your stat priority was Agi>hit to cap>mastery>haste>crit but then you gem haste and crit in your yellow sockets. Is there a reason behind this? Also your missing a chest enchant.

Metz
User

Postby Metz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Gems are from when I was combat, being 5.0.4 there's a myriad of reasons as to why I haven't swapped them such as I'm not longer prog raiding, I could potentially go back to combat I'm only testing assassination at the time. I know it looks bad and I'm aware of this, but as of right now the cons of doing it outweigh the pros.

As for the chest I was hoping for a quick swap to heroic chest but it never happened. Once again it does look sloppy and something I should have fixed before I apped, if anything I'll put 15 stats on it.

I'm not trying to use the end of content as an excuse for being bad and not min/maxing, but I will say in a perfect world where I am currently in progression everything would be where it needs to be. I guess I've just gotten lazy in this lull of content and I understand how that might look to prospective guilds.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Metz wrote:Gems are from when I was combat, being 5.0.4 there's a myriad of reasons as to why I haven't swapped them such as I'm not longer prog raiding, I could potentially go back to combat I'm only testing assassination at the time. I know it looks bad and I'm aware of this, but as of right now the cons of doing it outweigh the pros.

maybe i'm looking at it wrong but once you pick a main spec why would you not gem and enchant for it regardless of your guild's current raiding status?

Metz wrote:As for the chest I was hoping for a quick swap to heroic chest but it never happened. Once again it does look sloppy and something I should have fixed before I apped, if anything I'll put 15 stats on it.

i also don't understand this - why would you not enchant and gem all of your items as soon as you get them? is the 100g savings really that important to you?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Metz
User

Postby Metz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:11 am

There was a point where I was getting gear so quickly I was spending a lot of gold to gem and enchant it at the time I was and still am saving up to drop herbalism and pick up engineering so I was trying to cut as many corners as possible.

As for the spec, I said before, I'm really not sure what I'm going to be using as my main spec. I was really just trying to learn how to play assassination in case is does become the top raiding spec come MoP. I honestly didn't feel the need to replace a gem or two just because I was learning to play a new spec as much as I love min/maxing it seemed pretty pointless at the time.

I understand the nit picking but it's the end of the expansion my logs are good I've been raiding for a long time and I know that when progression raids start rolling around I'll be sure that everything from spec/reforges/professions/gems and enchants will all be in order.

Nine
User

Postby Nine » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:13 pm

Metz wrote:I understand the nit picking but it's the end of the expansion my logs are good I've been raiding for a long time and I know that when progression raids start rolling around I'll be sure that everything from spec/reforges/professions/gems and enchants will all be in order.

The point is everything should be in order when applying regardless if it's the end of an expansion or not.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:07 am

so no logs still?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:10 pm

we're not interested at this time, best of luck elsewhere.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”