Fairladyz - Disc/Holy Priest

Even Baddier Baddies
Fairladyz
User

Fairladyz - Disc/Holy Priest

Postby Fairladyz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:58 am

- Age & Location: 24, EST

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): I usually play depending on things that I am doing in game, but I tend to play from around in the afternoon to pretty late.

- Number of Testicles: 0

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: YES
-- Tuesday: YES
-- Wednesday: YES
-- Thursday: YES
-- Friday (optional): YES
-- Saturday (optional): YES
-- Sunday: YES

- Do any others have access to your account? Nope

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes

- How long have you played WoW: Since Vanilla beta

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla: During Vanilla I raided with an alliance guild called Aegis Requiem. I started as a raider and when the old Lock officer left, I took over. We quickly cleared everything as second best guild on the server.

BC: I transferred to a new server and joined a guild called Blacklist. I raided with them for a while as their Recruitment officer/Warlock officer but after SSC/TK, things got rather sloppy in the guild, and I chose to finish out Hyjal and BT with Death & Taxes. It was great to finally raid with people who took the game seriously again. When DnT started slowing down, I rerolled Horde and took a chance on trying a priest. I joined Gentlemens Club and began raiding Hyjal/BT/Sunwell. I finished out BC with them.

Wrath: I did all wrath content with GC. The best thing about Wrath (While it lasted) was being able to raid instances on both 10/25 locks each week, which we did until they merged the locks. Between the mechanics of the raids and the competitiveness of both my guild and the others on our server, this Xpac was one of the best.

Cata: I started the xpac out with GC, and this is where I started raiding with my IRL friend Rawker. We ended up leaving (For personal reasons & because GC was dying) right before Firelands to start our own guild with some friends and I have been in that guild ever since. Rawker and I lead that guild together and got a few Server Firsts, but the players cycled through because we were “too hardcore.” It was unbelievably irritating just how many players didn’t understand the need for epic gems/proper enchants/pots. I am 8/8 hm DS. I decided to stop raiding with my guild because I want to go into MoP with players who care about the game the way I do. Players who always seek to improve themselves and achieve top kills.

I have played every WoW beta.

- Name, & Class: Fairladyz, Priest.

- Race & why did you choose it: I chose Blood Elf because originally it was a character meant for PvP with the silence. The extra mana from it also is nice to have in tight situations. I most likely will reroll Panda because honestly the racial food buff seems a little too good to pass up.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... dyz/simple

- Can you describe the ruckus? Nice Breakfast Club reference!

- Professions and why did you choose them: I chose JC/Tailoring because to me they are arguably the best professions for a priest. The +stats on JC were the best profession until the DS gems came out, but I’m expecting that come MoP that JC will go back up to being a more potent profession. Also the tailoring buff on my cloak is something that really helps with throughput healing, and ends up being the same +stat bonus as the other top professions.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Disc/Holy. Being in a 10man guild I was usually always Disc, occasionally I would go holy for Hagara during progression just because we did the stand in the center strat. I am extremely competent in both specs as I was Holy for all of early Cata, and then was Disc for most of Firelands and DS. I have also been known to play shadow for when we had extra healers on fights such as Ultraxion, but healing is my real passion.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: I have most of my BiS gear for Disc. I constantly go over my gear to make sure that I am properly gemmed, enchanted, and reforged into the correct stat priorities. For disc, I focus on Int, Mastery, and Spirit as my most important stats, and then I always go to haste over crit. I don’t go Holy very much anymore but when I do, I switch my mastery with haste. Once again, I always place crit last on the list based on importance.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Disc: Prime: Power Word: Shield (Shield heals for 20% of absorb), Power Word: Barrier (10% increased healing received), and Prayer of Healing (20% of initial heal Hot) are my top choices for glyphs but sometimes I use Penance (2 sec CD reduction) too. IE: Solo healing my side of Morchok -- Different raid comps and different encounters call for adaptation, so I’m always prepared/aware if I need to switch. Majors: Prayer of Mending is obviously the most important here. Since I am NOT AA/A, I use Inner Fire which really reduces damage taken, especially on fights such as Morchok, and Dispel Magic, since I am usually on Dispel Duty the 3% heal is extremely beneficial.

Holy: Prime: Lightwell for 5 extra charges is an absolute must have. I use PoH and Guardian Spirit for the CD reduction. 30 seconds makes a HUGE difference, although I preferred the old GS glyph better when it reduced the CD to 1 minute (instead of 2.5 min) if it didn’t go off. For my Majors, I use Circle of Healing for the 1 extra target, PoM, and Dispel Magic (Again because I am the main dispeller in my guild)

The glyphs I use are the best options for me as the disc priest of my current 10m group. These benefit my raid group the most.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? N/A

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? I keep PoM up and keep my bubbles on the tank. Not only for absorbs but so that I can get the most out of my Rapture procs. Penance on CD, when there's damage going out of course. Prayer of Healing for AoE heals. I use Greater heal when I have the adequate time (2 sec VS 1.5 sec) and need for it, as opposed to wasting mana on Flash Heals. Binding heal is another heal that I find invaluable because it allows me to toss a quick heal to both my target and myself when needed. Renew is extremely situational as disc and not a priority, but certain times do call for it, IE: times when damage is going out or people are low and we are moving and cannot cast.

As for CDs, I use Barrier every time we stack for ice phase on Hagara, go in for rolls on spine, and for my designated onslaught to name a few. Pain Sups were given (Pre-nerf) to the tank for Psychic Drains on Zon’ozz or for Focused Assaults on Hagara, etc. Again, every fight calls for different CD usage and these are just examples of what worked best for our specific 10m.

The most important part of being a good healer is understanding that each fight calls for different tactics, and being able to figure out the right heals, CDs, and mana management for each new encounter.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Honestly, PvP has always been something I do for fun with my friends and guildmates, PvE is the aspect in which I devote my time/interest to.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Team Animosity: This is the guild I have been with since April 2011. I am currently guild leader of this guild, but we have decided to stop raiding. This was my call, because I want to get back into a hardcore raiding atmosphere. The members in our guild did not take the game as seriously as I do, and did not play on the same skill level.

Gentlemens Club: Jan 2008 – April 2011 I began raiding with GC during Hyjal/BT as a holy priest. I stayed with them until Cata, when I decided to take a break from hardcore raiding. The reason I took this break was because there was a shift in GC atmosphere, and the guild started falling apart (they are dead now). The guild was completely rebuilt in the beginning of Cata and the new team did not share the same interests.

Death and Taxes: I raided with them for a while but GC started to dominate on Progression causing DnT raiders to quit/not show up so I rerolled Horde. DnT quit altogether soon after.

BlackList: Warlock Class Officer – I was with them all throughout Burning Crusade until BT/Hyjal when the guild leader started sitting raiders for RL friends to gear ALTS.

Aegis Requiem: Warlock Class Officer – All of Vanilla. This guild was ranked 2nd on the server, but they decided that they wanted to go to an RP-PvE server for BC, and I decided not to follow.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://imgur.com/smXgD

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
Wasn’t planning on leaving the guild (at the time when we were still raiding) so I don’t have a million logs but here is what I do have.
Morchok-Ultra: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0dc74ecvlteheddi/
Zon’ozz-Blackhorn http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b746nhv71mp39piy/

LFR – Just for the sake of making more logs.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k03ucsocxzxkb3v8/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a15oevuimuf5s42x/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jt4h0837ejag29n5/

- Alts & their name/level: During Wrath I had almost one of everything at 80. I am not a character hopper, so I really haven’t put too much time into any of my alts, instead I focus on my Priest. It's definitely my favorite class in the game.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Rawker can always get a hold of me or you can email me at [email protected] – lol. Yes that’s the email I set up for my old guild website notifications and all that.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I found out about you guys through my friend Rawker. I have raided with him for a while, since back when we were in Gentlemens Club together. When we left GC we created our own guild with real life friends, and it was a great and positive experience since we share the same PvE mentality.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? To be honest I know that your guild is a solid one with a progression-minded attitude. I do not feel that the top guilds on my current server can provide the atmosphere I am looking for. I have also known a few people who speak highly of Simple Math. I know that you are looking for another healer for MoP and I think I will be a great fit.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I5-2500k 3.60 GHz – 4 gigs ram – nVidia GeForce GTX460 – Windows 7 64bit. My FPS is around 45-70 in 25 man

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://imgur.com/Ui56r

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://imgur.com/C0YVm

------

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Karmaah
User

Re: Fairladyz - Disc/Holy Priest

Postby Karmaah » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:09 am

Easily one of the best healers and players that I've played with. Extremely loyal, dedicated, and a solid player. Fair would be a great asset to the guild moving into MoP.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Nicely filled out app, Just a few questions and concerns I guess:

Fairladyz wrote:Cata: I started the xpac out with GC, and this is where I started raiding with my IRL friend Rawker. We ended up leaving (For personal reasons & because GC was dying)

We've had prior experiences with groups of irl friends, if one quits or something happens that they dislike, we've ended up losing a cluster of players. Do you feel the two of you fall in to this category?

Fairladyz wrote:The members in our guild did not take the game as seriously as I do, and did not play on the same skill level.

I don't really want to say this is a bad attitude but going back to the bad prior experiences, we had issues with a tank who had an above the guild mentality where he thought at times that certain factors or people limited his ability to progress. Coincidentally he was an ex-member of GC as well... There are definitely varying degrees of dedication to the game and as important as raiding is here, a sense of community is equally important to us. My question here is, what level are you looking for in players and guilds that you're applying to?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Fairladyz
User

Postby Fairladyz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Ninetales wrote:Nicely filled out app, Just a few questions and concerns I guess:

We've had prior experiences with groups of irl friends, if one quits or something happens that they dislike, we've ended up losing a cluster of players. Do you feel the two of you fall in to this category?

Absolutely not. If that were the case, I would have left my current guild when he did back in March. He was our raid leader too, on top of being an RL friend. As a guild leader (my role in my current guild) I completely understand your reason for concern with this matter. I too have seen that happen, IE: our old main tank, his gf resto sham, and their holy pally friend all quit together. In a 10m that's deadly. I am absolutely no guild hopper. Though it is refreshing to know someone in SM that can tell me the things that went on in some other guilds we've been in don't occur in SM. I have been very... VERY... hesitant to find a new guild for that reason alone.

Ninetales wrote:I don't really want to say this is a bad attitude but going back to the bad prior experiences, we had issues with a tank who had an above the guild mentality where he thought at times that certain factors or people limited his ability to progress. Coincidentally he was an ex-member of GC as well... There are definitely varying degrees of dedication to the game and as important as raiding is here, a sense of community is equally important to us. My question here is, what level are you looking for in players and guilds that you're applying to?

Don't let Enjun make the fact that I am a former GC member scare you. I raided with him, so believe me I know how he is. He did tell me you guys have a good atmosphere, which is important to me. The biggest difference between him and I is he is a ragey guild hopper and I am an extremely loyal person. I don't rage log/g-quit, I'm not a loot whore, and I don't expect anyone to hold my hand/carry me.

I expect a level of players who care about what they are doing and don't suddenly forget. I expect the people in Simple Math to be able to walk into DS post-20% nurf and not wipe for an hour on Yor'Sahj because they don't understand they can't use healing rain+chain heal on purple after at least 20 times killing it before. (like my current guild mates)

I care about raiding, guild unity, and improvement. It's extremely important to me to be with people who love what they do and care that they do it right. You guys wouldn't be ranked the way you are if you didn't care too. That is the most important thing to me about a guild.

merk
User

Postby merk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Explain your spec to me, that and trinkets. What are your glyphs (and rest of spec[?]) currently optimized for?

Do you have mana problems?

Why are you wearing a 5set?

Fairladyz
User

Postby Fairladyz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:55 pm

merk wrote:Explain your spec to me, that and trinkets. What are your glyphs (and rest of spec[?]) currently optimized for?

My spec is tailored to suit the needs of my current 10 man. Since I answered these questions out of order when I started typing this, mana talents are explained below. I can easily switch them if need be, but in my currently 10m it is best to be safe and keep them.

As for my spec, I’ve seen some priests drop inspiration, and have had people tell me I don’t need it. Since I am the most reliable healer in my guild I take the important jobs like healing our tank on Zon’ozz who is out of range of the other healers. Because of this, I think it would be absurd to drop a talent that reduces the damage taken by 10% for 15 seconds when my heal crits on the target.

I am not AA/A because I prefer not to be. I have gone AA/A when needed (IE: Spine and Madness) but with the exception of those two fights we never had a dps issue in our guild.

I would not mind going into strength of soul to reduce weakened soul on my targets, but I have been very afraid to spec out of those mana talents because of my guild’s current situation. Other than that, I have a lot of obvious talents, like all the ones that increase healing or strengthen my shield. There is absolutely no reason for me to take away those talents.

Could you be more specific with your question about my glyphs? I explained above that in my 10m I need them for certain purposes like dispelling and buffing inner fire, but if there is a different question, please let me know and I will answer the best I can.

merk wrote:Do you have mana problems?

No. With Mental Agility, Train of Thought, Inner Focus, and Veiled Shadows, I do not *usually* have a problem with mana. There have been so many off days with our healers, and so many times that we have had to pug healers just to raid, that I have found myself picking up the slack for the others, which occasionally leads to mana issues, which I avoid with those talents. I have no problem switching things if the situation allows for it.

I am quick to learn the proper way to heal a fight and conserve mana. Of course, my raids are 10m so I would have to readjust to 25 but that is quite easy to do. Up until Cata, I’ve always done 25 man raids, and before that 40s. I can’t wait to be in a 25 again. 10 is awful.

merk wrote:Why are you wearing a 5set?

I have the best gear that was available to me. Gloves of the Liquid Smoke dropped once and went to a holy priest alt for “offspec.” It was a guild run of one of the other guilds on my server so I had no control over loot distribution. Other than that, almost all the loot I have seen drop is mail/leather. I have terrible luck with loot seeds. I can however acquire other pieces such as World Mender’s Pants but I really feel that they would be a downgrade with lower stats, minus the fact that they are mastery not haste.

Fairladyz
User

Postby Fairladyz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Oh yes! And my trinkets. I have had both the Windward Heart and Heart of Unliving (both reg) forever. I just recently got that Heroic Seal of the Seven Signs and only did one raid with it so I have been just trying to see which comp works best for me and how much of an impact that extra 135 int has vs. the lack of int with a trade off of spirit.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:15 pm

shadow tier gloves are better than holy tier gloves for healers. the 397 valor wand is also better than the wand you're using for both specs.

how do you feel about the new 90 talents and abilities? are you currently playing on beta?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Fairladyz
User

Postby Fairladyz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:34 pm

grouch wrote:shadow tier gloves are better than holy tier gloves for healers. the 397 valor wand is also better than the wand you're using for both specs.

how do you feel about the new 90 talents and abilities? are you currently playing on beta?

As far as Beta goes, I have been in every friends and family, including MoP and I am absolutely in love with the priest changes and talents. I am so excited for MOP it’s been so enjoyable thus far. I believe you guys are on Lost Isles? I plan to relevel a few times so that I can be one of the first to 90, so if accepted I’d love to relevel on LI with you guys. My guildies and friends leveled on a different server so that’s where I am!

There are so many talent changes that excite me. Halo and Divine Star seem really great, but all of the new talents seem cool too! I can’t wait to see how things play out on Live because we all know Blizzard likes to change things.

As for gear, I just went with Healing Tier to keep my 4 piece because for a very LONG while I was using the Soulgaze Cowl. I could be wrong but I think my helm was one of the latest pieces I got. And as for Wand, well I will fix that ASAP! I held on to this one because I was worried that my haste was too high.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Would you be able to chat with us on mumble tonight around 8 pm?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Fairladyz
User

Postby Fairladyz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:24 pm

8 pm EST shouldn't be a problem, sorry for the late response!

Fairladyz
User

Postby Fairladyz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:37 pm

These are the ideal specs that I would choose if I didn’t have to worry about the factors explained!

Holy:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfubrRkrkcdo0b

Prime: Renew, Lightwell, PoH
Major: PoM & CoH – Depending on my assignment for that fight, I would use Dispel magic if I was dispelling, Innerfire for the armor, or Div Accuracy if I had down time or it was a fight that required healers to toss some DPS.

I’d love to take haste, but Holy is very mana intensive at the moment. If for whatever reason I was tank healing as holy, and/or there were no disc priests/resto sham I’d spec into inspiration.

Disc Tank Healer:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhzrosbfRMochMZb

Prime: PW: Barrier, PW: Shield, and PoH
Major: PoM, Dispel Magic, Inner Fire – Div Accuracy for reasons above/or didn’t need the extra armor. I do prefer the armor just to be safe, especially during progression.

This is the way I prefer to spec, but haven't been able to with the current situation in my guild as I mentioned.

Disc AA/A (Raid heals):
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGorRsbcoMocuZh

Prime: PW: Barrier, PW: Shield, and PoH
Major: PoM, Divine Accuracy (increased hit chance by 18% for Smite/Holy Fire), and Smite (Smite gives additional 20% dmg against targets inflicted by HF)

This is the AA/A spec I would use/have used. This spec is tailored purely towards raid healing, not tank healing. I would perhaps switch desperate prayer with one point in Veiled but honestly, this far into the nurf, with competent raiders I don’t think I’d be going oom. As I stated, I prefer Non-AAA Disc but I am always willing to do what is necessary for the benefit of the guild and progression.

Nine
User

Postby Nine » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:40 am

Your application and responses are very well put together. It's nice to see and applicant like this.

Good luck with your App.

Fairladyz
User

Postby Fairladyz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:18 pm

Nine wrote:Your application and responses are very well put together. It's nice to see and applicant like this.

Good luck with your App.

Thanks!

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:20 am

why spirit of redemption? it's pretty worthless since they removed the spirit component.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”