Maverick, shadow priest

Even Baddier Baddies
Dein
User

Maverick, shadow priest

Postby Dein » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 24, Dallas TX

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): I'm mostly around and available in the evenings - making Simple Math's raid times should not be a problem.

- Number of Testicles: 2

- Can you attend raids on these days: I can attend all mandatory raid nights.

- Do any others have access to your account? No

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes

- How long have you played WoW: A little under four years

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I have cleared all content on my holy paladin in the current expansion as well as the previous one. My priest has cleared normal modes in the current tier.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Maverick, priest

- Race & why did you choose it: Troll – the women have sexy feet. Racial provides a decent dps benefit, I guess...

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Maverick/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus? No, but when I woke up this morning I found my car had been driven halfway through the wall separating the garage from the living room. On a completely unrelated note, I think I probably need to dial back my drinking a bit.

- Professions and why did you choose them: Enchanting / tailoring. Picked for stat bonuses and because I did not have either of those professions on an alt already.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Shadow / disc. My offspec is mainly just used for five-mans and raid finder.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Spirit / hit (17%) > Haste > Mastery > Crit

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: My Primes are Glyph of Mind Flay, Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain and Glyph of Shadow Word: Death, as they are the only three that provide any dps benefit. Glyph of Fade is useful on any fight where there are add spawns (Spine, Madness etc). Everything else is pretty much a wash.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Maintain all damage over time effects on the target (VT, SW:P, DP), refreshing before the final tick. Mind Blast on cooldown given at least one Shadow Orb and Mind Flay as a filler.
With the t13 four-piece, spam Mind Spike whenever 'fiend is out, Mind Blast on cooldown.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? .... Holy Radiance?

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): n/a

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
<Warpath> of Nordrassil - I spent about two years raiding with Warpath which encompassed tiers 8 through 11. During my final tier with them I stepped in to fill a void left by retiring officers, leading the healing core as well as the raid. The cause for my leaving were differences I had with another officer that we were unable to resolve, leading to my resignation. With a new, busy semester starting around this time and now no guild to raid with I took this as an opportunity to take a short break from raiding.
<Dis Pater> of Nordrassil - I've been with Dis Pater for a little under a year now and intend to stay with them on my paladin. This will not conflict with Simple Math's raids at this time (see below for an actual explanation).

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Image
Didn't have a screenshot of my priest before getting the app together, so I just popped into a BG and took one - the only really important things you can't see is that I use Power Auras to keep track of my cooldowns, DoTs etc and Quartz for my cast bar.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rmaakbikv1cqowwl/ 10 man alt run
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t41m0nnfs368t1jx/ Raid finder

- Alts & their name/level:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Dein/advanced My main, and where all my achievements reside
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Complicated/advanced Rogue pokes things

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] (also my realID)

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I have known of Simple Math for a couple years now, and am friends with Nachthymnen.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? The reason for my application is that a couple weeks ago Nachthymnen came to me and informed me that you guys have taken a bit of a hit in the caster department recently. At this point in the expansion it would be fairly easy for me to make the raid times for both you guys as well as my main's guild, so I told him I would toss up an application and see what happens. I'd also like to make it clear that while I am doing this as a favor to a long-time friend, I'm also doing this for me - because I've missed raiding in a 25 man environment, because the other week I really enjoyed myself in a Firelands run with your guild. Once progression rears it's ugly head again, at this time I have no idea what I will end up doing with myself (my options being stay with Dis Pater or give myself full-time to Simple Math if I'm accepted), but if there's any way I can help out now I'm happy to do so and maybe a temporary fix turns into a more permanent one.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz, 8 GB RAM
My computer isn't anything I would brag about, but it usually pulls anywhere between 25 and 35 FPS in a 25 man raid, which is enough for me to preform my job.

Honestly had no idea until today that my internet connection was so bad. However, in-game I have had no issues with lag or disconnecting.

Because we used to get bored in our classes, and this is a thousand times more interesting than anything I could come up with on paint.

drane
User

Re: Maverick, shadow priest

Postby drane » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:27 pm

negative ghost rider, the PATTERN IS FULL!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gonkish wrote:God dammit, Blizzard! Can't you just nerf druids?! WHY MUST YOU NERF THE BEST HAT?!

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Dein is fat.

Just sayin'

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Dein wrote:- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? The reason for my application is that a couple weeks ago Nachthymnen came to me and informed me that you guys have taken a bit of a hit in the caster department recently. At this point in the expansion it would be fairly easy for me to make the raid times for both you guys as well as my main's guild, so I told him I would toss up an application and see what happens. I'd also like to make it clear that while I am doing this as a favor to a long-time friend, I'm also doing this for me - because I've missed raiding in a 25 man environment, because the other week I really enjoyed myself in a Firelands run with your guild. Once progression rears it's ugly head again, at this time I have no idea what I will end up doing with myself (my options being stay with Dis Pater or give myself full-time to Simple Math if I'm accepted), but if there's any way I can help out now I'm happy to do so and maybe a temporary fix turns into a more permanent one.

So this isn't really an app it's just a 'oh hey heard you guys have an empty spot I guess I'll hang out and maybe soak up some gears'? And not even your main, just an alt to kill time with. This is like you're a buyer except we're not getting any golds. O.o

I'm not trying to sound mean, it's just weird.

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Amye wrote:
Dein wrote:- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? The reason for my application is that a couple weeks ago Nachthymnen came to me and informed me that you guys have taken a bit of a hit in the caster department recently. At this point in the expansion it would be fairly easy for me to make the raid times for both you guys as well as my main's guild, so I told him I would toss up an application and see what happens. I'd also like to make it clear that while I am doing this as a favor to a long-time friend, I'm also doing this for me - because I've missed raiding in a 25 man environment, because the other week I really enjoyed myself in a Firelands run with your guild. Once progression rears it's ugly head again, at this time I have no idea what I will end up doing with myself (my options being stay with Dis Pater or give myself full-time to Simple Math if I'm accepted), but if there's any way I can help out now I'm happy to do so and maybe a temporary fix turns into a more permanent one.

So this isn't really an app it's just a 'oh hey heard you guys have an empty spot I guess I'll hang out and maybe soak up some gears'? And not even your main, just an alt to kill time with. This is like you're a buyer except we're not getting any golds. O.o

I'm not trying to sound mean, it's just weird.

I agree, I don't speak for everyone, but I don't think we need "favors" from people. We are also looking for people for mop to my knowledge so there is that.

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

Demise
User

Postby Demise » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:43 am

I also agree.

Dein
User

Postby Dein » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 am

While I understand your concerns, I can say emphatically that I was not looking to sit around and soak up loot - it being the last tier of the expansion makes anything I acquire now essentially a vanity item. The same goes for achievements, titles and mounts, as all that stuff will be available account-wide in a patch or two. My reasoning for wanting to come over was to get a chance to experience raids with one of the top-tier 25 man guilds left in the US, as the timing made sense for me and the one time I have run with you guys I had a blast. In addition to that, I was not closed to the idea of making the switch permanent come MoP, assuming all parties involved were interested.

All that being said, I suppose you can consider this application withdrawn - I understand that if at least some raiders have reservations about having me around, it's probably for the best if I don't impose myself... wouldn't want a mutiny! Best of luck in the future.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:24 pm

we're not interested at this time, thanks for your interest and best of luck elsewhere.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”