Sneekyhealz Balance/Resto

Even Baddier Baddies
Sneekyhelz
User

Sneekyhealz Balance/Resto

Postby Sneekyhelz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 22 State College, PA
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 4 pm EST - 2 AM EST but usually on whenever I am able to be
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since 2007
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
I have killed all end game bosses that are available currently.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Sneekyhealz - Balance Druid
- Race & why did you choose it: Worgen - It is the only viable DPS race on alliance side
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... alz/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? Frantic, Noisy Commotion
- Professions and why did you choose them:
Jewelcrafting and Alchemy, this use to be my alt until Firelands and I would use him as a gold making toon haven't upgraded him to engineering/tailoring but I am waiting to see what the mop professions are going to do before making the switch.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Resto, I play my offspec alot but currently we have a full healing roster so me switching isn't called for as much but I am a viable raider in either spec.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
In balancespec you are basically looking to go for as much haste as possible I am sitting a little bit over the 3101 haste break point for DI at 3155 but the shadow priests in our guild always get DI so its not a huge deal that I am right at 3101. Then after haste the main focus for moonkin is to go for mastery. So as you can see I have stuck with this gear plan by picking up the resto chest for the most haste out of my gear I have not been able to pick up the heroic neck yet so the next BIS is the heroic domo neck as you can tell. Furthermore, in resto I go for 2005 haste rating and then go for a mastery build after that its hard to pick up a full bis gear set of offspec gear so I do with what I can by using reforge lite to quickly and efficiently reforge my gear for optimization.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Moonkin:
Prime - Wrath IS and Moonfire
Major - Starfall, Rebirth, Focus ( I swap this with monsoon for heroic madness for increased spellweave)

Resto:
Prime - Lifebloom (with 200% healing crit chance this is pretty good) , Rejuv, Swiftmend(Stupid Not to take)
Major - Barksin, Rebirth, and Healing Touch

Druids really don't have too many viable options for glyphs

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Start off the fight Precast Starsurge, IS then MF and proceed to push Solar reapply IS and SF when dots fall push lunar reapply dots when they fall and just push eclipses back and forth.
Make sure to keep up as much uptime on NG as possible
AOE- shrooms on CD and multi dot almost never use hurricane on encounters

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
2350 on my paladin Knaeron on KT last season

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I am looking to get back into top end raiding again and want a solid group to play the next expansion with. Also, to find a guild that is able to facilitate my abilities and knowledge as a player to progress their guild.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80 ... 53500.jpg/

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hp7rju9nfvsxiugh/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/16fmwq1tu0qrdeqo/

- Alts & their name/level:
Troymclure - 85 DK
Bubblês - 85 Priest
Knaeron - 85 Paladin
Patamon - 85 Hunter
Ashlander - 85 Mage
Shadynasty - 85 Shaman
Rodflanders - 85 Warrior
Sneekyfeat - 65 Rogue

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
[email protected] (email) Battlenet too
717-377-7287 Phone

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
I heard zoomkins talking about your guild and I have watched your progression over the years.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
I know that some of my parses are not you know 100k on deathwing but I know myself as a player and a raider there is no one more capable of playing at top end raiding or takes it as seriously as I do. I personally believe that to be the best you have to play with the best and I think I have found that with your guild.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Sandy Bridge i7-2600k 4.5 ghz OC
16 gb of ram
2 gtx 590's
I run with v-sync enabled on a u2711 Dell Monitor so 60 FPS solid the whole raid

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net
Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Mist
User

Re: Sneekyhealz Balance/Resto

Postby Mist » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:01 pm

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Sneekyhelz
User

Postby Sneekyhelz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:11 pm

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/12707142.png/

Sorry about that

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Hey Sneekyhealz, thanks for your app!

How do you approach dot refreshing when not in Eclipse?

Can you briefly go over your cooldown usage?

If accepted, what race would you change to?

How willing are you to switch to Resto for the occasional fight?

Demise
User

Postby Demise » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:16 pm

How do you like Penn State?

I assume do to the location.

Sneekyhelz
User

Postby Sneekyhelz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Nachthymnen wrote:Hey Sneekyhealz, thanks for your app!

How do you approach dot refreshing when not in Eclipse?

Can you briefly go over your cooldown usage?

If accepted, what race would you change to?

How willing are you to switch to Resto for the occasional fight?

1. Basically it comes down to a cost benefit scenario in Dot refreshing. You want 1 set of eclipsed dots per eclipse on single target fights outside of Heroic Rag due to him being so far away but that is a different discussion. So basically how I play is that if Im 2 cast outside of lunar or 1 cast outside of solar I wont refresh because im going to end up overlapping dots at the end of my solar/lunar eclipse. Furthermore, I usually don't run into this problem very much due to having such high haste values and especially if I get DI. In conclusion, playing balance and maximizing your DPS is all about prior knowledge of a fight and knowing when to be in what eclipse at the right time like a black phase for Heroic Yorsajh and being caught in Pre - Solar for adds that is really what separates a good Moonkin from a bad one.

2. As far a CD usage,
Wild Mushroom:
You want to pop shrooms off the start to put up Earth and Moon such as, I will put 3 down on the first Tendon on heroic spine and 1 for each tendon after that so that our spell users can maximize their dps on the tendon. Also on Yorsajh I will always place 3 down running in from a ooze and then dot refresh boss then switch to adds from and then make sure I use them on CD during black.

Starfall:
I will use starfall at the beginning of an encounter with pop to optimal dps and then basically use it when there is AOE. For example on Zon'ozz if you use SF at the beginning it will be up for first black phase and all subsequent ones after.

Starsurge:
I will use starsurge as my opener on every boss fight you want to make sure that you are using it on CD but if im 2 casts from Lunar or 1 from solar I wont use it because if you don't get a SS proc you will be sitting there with Starsurge on CD from 3 or more secs in an eclipse and that is a drastic DPS loss because by the time you use 1 it will be off of cd coming out of your eclipse.

3. If I was accepted I would be switching to troll due to Berserking being the best caster racial in the game.

4. I am extremely willing to play resto I play it as well if not better than Balance, and from what I am seeing on the Beta we are going to be most likely the top healer come Mists.

Sneekyhelz
User

Postby Sneekyhelz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Demise wrote:How do you like Penn State?

I assume do to the location.

Words can't describe what this school means to me. If you have gone or will ever go here it is a little college town in the middle of nowhere but there is such a sense of community and such a great atmosphere. It is and forever will be the greatest decision of my life to come here.

GO LIONS

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:59 pm

I like your name.
well.
except the z
:3

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Prior guilds tells me nothing about you really, you have savior of azeroth but no legendary. Could you go into some detail of where you got your experience?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Sneekyhelz
User

Postby Sneekyhelz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Ninetales wrote:Prior guilds tells me nothing about you really, you have savior of azeroth but no legendary. Could you go into some detail of where you got your experience?

I use to be on the server US - Lethon and played in a guild called Gank Bus in Wrath on my Prot Paladin at the time Knaeron, I switched to my mage due to lack of DPS till firelands in Gank Bus then a couple of our players broke off and went to another guild Phenomenon on US - Chromagus. I was asked to go but then I took a break and decided to come back in Cata where I joined some IRL friends in the guild Electric Sheep on US - Kargath. About halfway through firelands I decided I wanted to play my druid because we had 4 mages in the guild at the time and I felt I would be better as a Balance Druid that put me in the back of the line for getting my staff and that is why I am a Moonkin w/o a legendary (but im working on it).

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:35 pm

So what if we were to have more than one chicken or resto or two or three of them would you want to quit or switch mains again?

Sneekyhelz
User

Postby Sneekyhelz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:37 pm

And in response to where I got my experience of how to play Balance I was pretty much self taught any other Balance Druids that I have played with I have been better than or have not stuck around long. A lot of my knowledge comes from talking with other moonkins in game like Crews from Vigil, Zoomkins from Blood Legion, or Nykez from Vodka. I also am a very big advocate of using the Moonkin Repository some of the discussions are beneficial on there, and also just watching videos and other people play I mean I will spend hours trying to find the best way to play my class for a particular encounter.

Sneekyhelz
User

Postby Sneekyhelz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Amye wrote:So what if we were to have more than one chicken or resto or two or three of them would you want to quit or switch mains again?

No it came down to the fact that I just couldn't play my mage on the level that I use to in the past and I felt that my dps was more optimal as a Balance Druid, I am not a main swapper or just stop playing a class at the drop of a hat each of these main switches were justified and discussed openly with officers before they actually occured and I feel from beta testing and just playing right now that I love playing my class and will continue in the future.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:51 pm

you know that zoomkins guy? i hear hes a reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll jerk

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:32 pm

I know some people in Electric Sheep, I used to be on Kargath in The Iron Fist before I came here.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”