Veryclean - SPriest

Even Baddier Baddies
Veryclean
User

Veryclean - SPriest

Postby Veryclean » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Player information: Joshua Jones
- Age & Location: 24 (12/15/87)
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Whenever I'm not at work (During the week at night/weekends)
- Number of Testicles: Dos
- Can you attend raids on these days: Posted on the following.
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I've had it since blizzard offered it.
- How long have you played WoW: Almost 2 years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 5/13 Heroic T11, 6/7 Heroic T12, 3/8 Heroic T13

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Veryclean & Shadow Priest
- Race & why did you choose it: It was my first character that i created in wow and just have stuck with it, i have 18 other 85s that i raid with occasionally. I know how to play almost any spec/class in an end game environment.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... ean/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? Sure
- Professions and why did you choose them: Tailor (Intel to Cloak) & Enchanting for the extra intel on rings.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I know how to play Disc/Holy but do not have any interest in playing a healing spec.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Intel > Haste > Mastery > Crit
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Depending on the fight i have used different glyphs
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Start with mind spike/mind blast with spriest pet, then i roll in my dots keeping mind blast on cd
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Dont PVP on the regular
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Shock- US Icecrown 25man guild, been with them for a year... the leader has stepped down and haven't been raiding due to people leaving because of this.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/104215/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/13631 ... dar/03-12/
- Alts & their name/level:
teeze (rogue)
Idpsuclean (mage)
Veryclêan (druid)
Soclean (paladin)
Cleanaman (shaman)
Cleanhof (warlock)
Cleanarior (warrior)
Silkyjay (hunter)
Kerbb (death knight)
Liêta (death knight)
Veryclean (mage on arygos)
and more all 85..

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] is my email, which are all sent to my iphone.
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: WOW Guild Recruitment Forums
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Did a little research on your guild and it seems like a good fit (raid times and reputation etc..)
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Core i7 Build with 2 260s in a raid with 12 gigs of ram

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1894329017.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

http://tinypic.com/r/fwuf51/5

Velathiana
User

Re: Veryclean - SPriest

Postby Velathiana » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Other Information:

You missed one!

I don't know anything about spriests, so I'll leave it to the knowledgeable people. Best of luck!

"It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die."

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:24 pm

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1894329017.png

I don't mean to be a picky Peggy, but it asks for NY, if you don't mind following the directions, I'm sure your internet is fine, but you know, just being a picky Peggy.

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Velathiana wrote:
Other Information:

You missed one![quote]

Damn you Vel, beating me to the punch!

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Need you to log out in PvE gear so I can take a look.

What is your reasoning behind putting 3/3 in Mental Agility as opposed to putting a point into Inner Sanctum? Not a huge point, I just want to know your reasoning behind it.

Can you explain what you do at the start of a fight exactly with mind spike/mind blast and the shadow fiend? Exact ability usage and when you use them please.

How do you manage your dots/timers? Do you refresh any dots before they are about to end, and if so what dots/when?

Can you explain what haste rating your going for on your gear, as well as any thresholds that should be obtained/aimed for when gearing?

Why do you go for Haste > Mastery > Crit?

Are there any points where crit or mastery are better then haste, and how would you find out those points?

Can you explain a situation to me where mastery would be better then haste, and in said situation what ratings would you be aiming for at a minimum for haste?

What other glyphs do you use and when do you use them?

I'll post more if I can think of anything relevant.

Veryclean
User

Postby Veryclean » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Zerizzi wrote:Need you to log out in PvE gear so I can take a look.

--My fault, WSG weekend

What is your reasoning behind putting 3/3 in Mental Agility as opposed to putting a point into Inner Sanctum? Not a huge point, I just want to know your reasoning behind it.

--Depending on fight i have changed it i've just gotten lazy. Some of the fights that are not "tank and spank" i use DP spam / SW: Death while moving

Can you explain what you do at the start of a fight exactly with mind spike/mind blast and the shadow fiend? Exact ability usage and when you use them please.

--The four set bonus makes shadowfiend/ mindspike/mind blast rotation insanely dmg heavy for the 15 secs that its up

How do you manage your dots/timers? Do you refresh any dots before they are about to end, and if so what dots/when?

--I have an internal timer that goes off, i can close my eyes and have 100% uptime with refreshing my VT with 1-3 secs left every time. Jokes aside, i do not use any addons to help manage my dot uptime, i remove all other spriests dots and only manage mine using the default UI. Any fight i can keep a 97-99% uptime.

Can you explain what haste rating your going for on your gear, as well as any thresholds that should be obtained/aimed for when gearing?

-Currently i'm at 3083 haste rating. Shooting for the 3300 numbers, assuming i'd have dark intent.

Why do you go for Haste > Mastery > Crit?

-All of the stats are helpful, but because Spriest are a very strong "dot" class haste is our top secondary stat. There are certain thresholds which cause each dot to acquire another "tick." In addition with that you'll receive more dmg/faster casts with mind flay, mind blast and mind sear

Are there any points where crit or mastery are better then haste, and how would you find out those points?

--Mastery Rating increases the damage dealt by your shadow orbs, for certain fights that are single target stand still, mastery is necessary for harder mind blasts, especially with the 4 set bonus, with your apparitions you'll be at 3 stacks the majority of the time, so mastery will be a huge dmg increase.

Can you explain a situation to me where mastery would be better then haste, and in said situation what ratings would you be aiming for at a minimum for haste?

--Ultra is a great example, no movement, no additional targets, i would want to sit around 2583 (assuming i would not be receiving DI) and boost my mastery.

--Because of our current raid roster, I have found myself replacing SW: Death for Dispersion for certain fights i.e. Heroic Ultra/Warlord

I'll post more if I can think of anything relevant.

--Additionally here is my UI: http://tinypic.com/r/ouwg8l/5

--And a new speedtest http://www.speedtest.net/result/1894893386.png

Veryclean
User

Postby Veryclean » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:52 pm

Also i have "Cunning of the Cruel" that i will swap in and out for AOE fights.

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Do you think your recount is large enough?
Do you use anything to track dots/procs/cd's?

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:00 pm

--The four set bonus makes shadowfiend/ mindspike/mind blast rotation insanely dmg heavy for the 15 secs that its up

Bolded what I was looking for in my question.

--I have an internal timer that goes off, i can close my eyes and have 100% uptime with refreshing my VT with 1-3 secs left every time. Jokes aside, i do not use any addons to help manage my dot uptime, i remove all other spriests dots and only manage mine using the default UI. Any fight i can keep a 97-99% uptime.

See above.

-Currently i'm at 3083 haste rating. Shooting for the 3300 numbers, assuming i'd have dark intent.

What 3300 number? Why is it important?

--Mastery Rating increases the damage dealt by your shadow orbs, for certain fights that are single target stand still, mastery is necessary for harder mind blasts, especially with the 4 set bonus, with your apparitions you'll be at 3 stacks the majority of the time, so mastery will be a huge dmg increase.

See my first 2 points.

--Ultra is a great example, no movement, no additional targets, i would want to sit around 2583 (assuming i would not be receiving DI) and boost my mastery.

This is incorrect.

--Because of our current raid roster, I have found myself replacing SW: Death for Dispersion for certain fights i.e. Heroic Ultra/Warlord

Heroic Ultra puts a debuff on you that lasts longer then the dispersion cd without glyph. Why would you use it on that fight?

If I didn't quote a question, then I found the answer acceptable.

This is another question I am interested in as well, as it ties into another one of my previous questions.

Also, why don't you use Cunning of the Cruel on single target fights? Is there a reason you choose not to?

Veryclean
User

Postby Veryclean » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:46 am

I'm somewhat lost in this rotation, I've heard from both sides whether or not to use Archangel in this rotation.

But roughly.. I mind flay, mind flay to 5 stacks, archangel, shadow fiend, mind spike x3, mind blast, mind spike x4, mind blast, mind spike x2, vt, dp, sw:p, mind blast

All of my dots i refresh them before falling off, when multidotting i use focus macros to manage other dots

i'm shooting for 3320 (w/ goblin+di) but at the moment it is not obtainable with my current gear, for extra dot tick.

Yes there are different "haste caps" that can be reached for additional dot ticks. Mastery can be used to increase orb damage when the next cap is unreachable.

Mastery is better than haste when you cannot reach your next cap. I use simc to optimize my reforging/dps.

My fault, currently my guild has never attempted/downed heroic ultra. I was speaking for the normal version of Ultra and the heroic fight of Warlord to bounce the orb back to the raid.

No i do not use tidy plates, cast bar, buff tracker or any of those additional addons to manage dot timers, i can manage all of my dots efficiently using the default blizzard ui

Also, why don't you use Cunning of the Cruel on single target fights? Is there a reason you choose not to?

I've ran lots of simc tests between the heroic insignia trinket and normal cunning of the cruel and seen some minor increases so i swapped it out for non aoe fights.. but i did a little research after you questioning me on this and found that its a minor dps loss

Veryclean
User

Postby Veryclean » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:52 am

Tyde wrote:Do you think your recount is large enough?

I like to manage/see over the entire raid.

No, i prefer to use the default UI. I've tried several addons in the past.

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm somewhat lost in this rotation, I've heard from both sides whether or not to use Archangel in this rotation.

But roughly.. I mind flay, mind flay to 5 stacks, archangel, shadow fiend, mind spike x3, mind blast, mind spike x4, mind blast, mind spike x2, vt, dp, sw:p, mind blast

Close enough. You always want to pair it with Arcangel, otherwise you will lose damage over the standard rotation. You can either wait all the time to pair the 2, or you can use your best judgement on how long to wait to use them together. The rotation you stated is close enough, as the amount of spikes you get in depends on your haste, and if your fiend has bloodlust or not to increase the amount of orb procs. You will always pop fiend FIRST however, to let it get to the boss before your first mind blast goes off.

All of my dots i refresh them before falling off, when multidotting i use focus macros to manage other dots

I was more looking for refreshing DP with Power Torrent/other int procs in order to increase duration you receive with those procs. This can also be done with VT but its not as big of an increase, as DP can be refreshed at anytime with a proc and be an increase because of Imp DP.

i'm shooting for 3320 (w/ goblin+di) but at the moment it is not obtainable with my current gear, for extra dot tick.

3320 is not very likely as it would take a lot of sacrifices to hit it. The number I was looking for is 3202, and this number you want to reach with OR without DI, as it increases your Imp DP damage which is WHY you want to reach it. Imp DP takes the haste from your paperdoll ONLY and does not factor in things like DI, which is why 3202 is always the target. After reaching 3202, you want to stack mastery/crit, depending on how SimCraft shows being a better dps boost. Also, you will not have DI in this guild, so I would not plan on gearing around it.

I use simc to optimize my reforging/dps.

This is what I was looking for most answers, as Spriest dps is so variable on all stats.

From what I've seen on your logs, your damage is on the lower side for your gear. I haven't looked through them in depth to see why however. I'm sure since you use the default blizzard UI that you are losing out on dps from not refreshing with Int procs however.

Veryclean
User

Postby Veryclean » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:15 pm

with my current gear i cannot reach 3202, and thats good to know because in my current guild at one time we had 4 - 5 warlocks... and i'm only seeing one in your raiding roster

Veryclean
User

Postby Veryclean » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:16 pm

I do not have any current logs due to the fact that i took some time off (planned vacation from 6 months ago) so i've been gone and recently just got back. I'll provide some newer logs hopefully tonight and tomorrow if needed.

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Veryclean wrote:I do not have any current logs due to the fact that i took some time off (planned vacation from 6 months ago) so i've been gone and recently just got back. I'll provide some newer logs hopefully tonight and tomorrow if needed.

It would be great if you could.

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”