Dropndestroy

Even Baddier Baddies
Drop
User

Dropndestroy

Postby Drop » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:04 am

Player information:

- Age & Location: 19

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 3:00PM - 8:00PM EST unless raid day or other things planned

- Number of Testicles: 2

- Can you attend raids on these days: I can attend raid days, but small difficulties on Sunday because I work at home and have to drive back to my college dorm Sunday nights.

-- Monday: Can attend.
-- Tuesday: Can attend.
-- Wednesday: Can attend
-- Thursday: Can attend.
-- Friday (optional): Yup, if needed
-- Saturday (optional): If needed.
-- Sunday: See above.

- Do any others have access to your account? No.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes, iPhone auth.

- How long have you played WoW: Played for about 2 months right after release, then started back up at the end of BC.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
ICC: Full clear
T11 : 8/13HM (Played casually through T11, elected to just take a break)
T12: 6/7HM (Guild never killed Ragnaros)
T13: 8/8HM
Before ICC, I was a serious casual.

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Dropndestroy, Rogue

- Race & why did you choose it: Goblin, Time is Money, would change to Troll since it is technically better, but can't stand the crouch and I'm switching to Panda soon :D

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... y/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus? fufufuuufufufuu ruckus?!

- Professions and why did you choose them: JC was the go to raiding profession until dragonsaoeprofit, and LW for the wrist enchant for two raiding professions.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I play all rogue specs proficiently, enjoy Sub a lot more than the other specs. I play combat when I feel lazy, and Mut whenever it calls for it.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Pretty simple when it comes to gear choices for rogues, however the only choice that makes a difference is when to use No'Kaled/Electro over p2 daggers. With legendaries that point becomes moot.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Primes are cookie cutter for Combat(SS/AR/SND) and Mut(Rup/Mut/BS), for Sub I change up depending on the fight. For Zon and Spine I use SD, otherwise I roll with Evis. I also switch out Tricks glyph for Spine for some random one.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
I am a casual pvp'er if anything on this toon. I heal on my Disc Priest.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Magtheridon : disbanded
Laughing Skull : Difficulty making raid times
Laughing Skull: Switched to 10m
Laughing Skull : Switched to 10m
Boulderfist : disbanded/stopped raiding

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/Y016x.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
Guiild logs are pretty old http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/72264/
Recent LFR logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/19977 ... dar/03-12/

- Alts & their name/level: Devoids/85 Priest Healer, Rhyken/85 DK Tank

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] MSN and AIM XD

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: There was a post in my LFG post on the WoW forums.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I have been looking for a new guild ever since my guild stopped raiding after our first DW kill 2-3 weeks ago. It's been pretty hard to be honest to find a good guild to join as I was really set on heading into MoP with an active and strong guild/raiding group. I am currently a college student working on my Bachelor's in CS. Outside of WoW, I enjoy LoL and playing XBL with my buds. I am really friendly (go figure internetz) and like helping out where I can. My substantial bank has a tendency to leak and give friends things :D

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I use a desktop at home/work and use a Macbook in my dorm.

Home comp: 2.8ghz i7 NVIDIA GTS 250 8gb, 45down/40up, 65fps
Macbook: 2.6ghz i7 NVIDIA GT 330M 4gb, 15down/15up, 40fps

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1872042037.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
Well I personally use a small upgrade to MS Paint called PS :D

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297 ... _final.png

grouch
Admin

Re: Dropndestroy

Postby grouch » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:20 am

Drop wrote:- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 3:00PM - 8:00PM EST

can you make 7-12 est? that's when we raid.

Drop wrote:- Race & why did you choose it: Goblin, Time is Money, would change to Troll since it is technically better, but can't stand the crouch and I'm switching to Panda soon :D

panda just for looks or do you see it being more useful in a raid than goblin?

Drop wrote:- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Pretty simple when it comes to gear choices for rogues, however the only choice that makes a difference is when to use No'Kaled/Electro over p2 daggers. With legendaries that point becomes moot.

you said you're 58/60 for legendaries, right?

Drop wrote:- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

you missed this.

Drop wrote:I am a casual pvp'er if anything on this toon. I heal on my Disc Priest.

how well in arena/rbgs have you done on your priest if you don't mind me asking?

Drop wrote:- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Magtheridon : disbanded
Laughing Skull : Difficulty making raid times
Laughing Skull: Switched to 10m
Boulderfist : disbanded/stopped raiding

name of the guilds?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Drop
User

Postby Drop » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:42 am

Combat:
<Opener>Tricks, Pot > Sprint > Sinister to 4cp > Revealing Strike to 5cp > Killing Spree > Adrenaline Rush > Eviscerate > Continue with <Rotation>
<Rotation> Take into account <Priority> > Sinister to 4cp > Revealing Strike to 5cp > (Should take into account Rupture, but I play a ruptureless rotation) > Eviscerate
<Priority> Lust soon? Continue <Rotation> without losing uses of cds > Killing Spree (Deep Insight or close to getting to Deep) > Killing Spree(Close to cooldown and AR is up) > Adrenaline Rush(Killing spree not off cd or not close to off cd) > Tricks of the Trade (Close to 85 energy) > Tricks of the trade (on cd)

Subtlety:
<Opener> HaT to 5cps > SnD > Tricks > Pot > Stealth > Premed > Shadowstep > Ambush > Rupture > (Hemo if no bleed debuff) > Backstab to 4cp > HaT to 5cp > Recuperate > Backstab to 4cp > HaT to 5cp > Eviscerate > Backstab to 4cp > HaT to 5cp > SnD > Shadow Dance > Ambush > Shadowstep > Ambush > Evis (at 5cp during Shadow Dance > Ambush 1 second before Shadow Dance Fades > Continue BS to 4, HaT to 5, Eviscerate until MoS expires > Vanish > Ambush > Eviscerate > Preparation > Backstab 4cp HaT 5cp Eviscerate until MoS expires > Vanish > Ambush > Eviscerate

<Priority> Rupture (buffed) > SnD > Recup > Rupture (unbuffed) > Shadow Dance with Tricks preceding > Vanish > Preparation > Tricks
Subtlety is more of a work in progress for me to get timings correct.

Assassination:
<Opener> Tricks > Pot > Stealth > Garrote > Rupture > Vendetta > **Mut 4+ cp > Cold Blood (use at lowest energy) > Envenom > Continue with Mut 4+ , Envenom until Overkill Expires > Vanish > Garrote > Mut 4+ cp > Envenom
<Priority> Rupture > Vendetta > Envenom > Tricks
**Use Backstab 5cp in place of all Mut 4+cp after 35% hp

<Baddies Only> Magtheridon : disbanded
<Void> Laughing Skull : Difficulty making raid times
<Night Lords> Laughing Skull: Switched to 10m
<Summit> Laughing Skull : Switched to 10m
<Syndicate> Laughing Skull : Switched to 10m
<Foundation> Boulderfist : Numerous issues ranging from incompetence from raiders to attendance issues.

I can definitely make those times listed. Only difficulty would be on Sundays. I usually solo/duo queue on my priest for BG's, nothing too competitive as I just pvp for fun when I have nothing else to do. In Wrath I pvp'ed heavily as I wasn't too into raiding. I was 1.8k-2k'ish. If the food buff racial for Panda's sticks as it is in beta, I would switch for the raid benefit not for cosmetics. Rogues will have BoS and Sprint so rocket jump becomes moot, and the rocket barrage was a waste of a gcd I believe.

Vashtii
User

Postby Vashtii » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:14 am

Drop wrote:Combat:
<Opener>Tricks, Pot > Sprint > Sinister to 4cp > Revealing Strike to 5cp > Killing Spree > Adrenaline Rush > Eviscerate > Continue with <Rotation>
<Rotation> Take into account <Priority> > Sinister to 4cp > Revealing Strike to 5cp > (Should take into account Rupture, but I play a ruptureless rotation) > Eviscerate
<Priority> Lust soon? Continue <Rotation> without losing uses of cds > Killing Spree (Deep Insight or close to getting to Deep) > Killing Spree(Close to cooldown and AR is up) > Adrenaline Rush(Killing spree not off cd or not close to off cd) > Tricks of the Trade (Close to 85 energy) > Tricks of the trade (on cd)

Just curious... Shouldn't it be SS to 3-4 points, SnD then move on.... Slice and Dice should be your number 1 priority. Rogue is not my main class so someone will have to vouch for that, but from what I've read combat rogues should get SnD up ASAP.

Also you said you play a Ruptureless rotation... I think that is a DPS loss. Why do you play without it?

In your Assassination rotation you didn't list SnD as well. Is there a reason for this?
Last edited by Vashtii on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

vix
User

Postby vix » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:58 am

^vashti a rotation with rupture is so little of a dps increase on a patchwerk fight. it's not worth using on any fight in dragon soul.

on a side note the only rotation you listed right is mutilate

Vashtii
User

Postby Vashtii » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:09 am

Vixxx wrote:^vashti a rotation with rupture is so little of a dps increase on a patchwerk fight. it's not worth using on any fight in dragon soul.

on a side note the only rotation you listed right is mutilate

ahh ok, wasn't 100% sure about how much of a dps increase it was or if it really mattered. Thanks for the correction!

Drop
User

Postby Drop » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 pm

I didn't list SnD as it is a given to always have that up, don't feel that something that mandatory should have to be listed. I usually use the least amount of cps for a SnD, so it would be something like:

Pot > Sprint > SS > SnD with however many cps > continue as listed. Rupture for combat is neglible.

For Mut spec, it would look like:

Pot > Stealth > Sprint > Garrote > Rupture > SnD with proc or mutx1 > SnD > contiinue

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Drop wrote:don't feel that something that mandatory should have to be listed

just making sure ;)
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”