- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Most of the time
-- Saturday (optional): Most of the time
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account?
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since the beginning of Burning Crusade
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Everything in BC except Sunwell. Where we killed the 2 last bosses.
- Cleared firelands 6/7 before the nerfs and Killed Heroic Rag.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Oxmo Death Knight
- Race & why did you choose it: Gnome .... I was dumb and choosed gnome to do some pvp awhile ago. Going Orc if I switch up in the horde.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... o/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? Uhm what, that is probably because im french that i dont understand <.<
- Professions and why did you choose them: 525 Engineering / 525 JC
I choosed Engineering cause of that nice little CD on the glove.

And Jewelcrafting because of the 67 gems, where we were gaining 81 stats in the T12 content. I was thinking about switching to BS.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Unholy, Offspec Frost.
I started playing unholy this tier and I was playing frost before, so I am really comfortable to switch Frost whenever we need me. Note : I have both Hand of Morchok Heroic in Frost.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
In Unholy, Im Haste>Mastery>Crit right now. Im using simulation craft alot to make sure that I have
the right stat weights for my char. I want the less Expertise I can get cause after simming, I get better results
then with Expertise Cap. Cause most of our Damage is not Strikes, like Death Coil, Diseases, Ghoul ETC.

As a Frost, I didnt really play since firelands, I was Haste>Mastery>Crit but I would go Mastery>Haste>Crit.
With our Tier Bonus, mastery is now better by not that much.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Unholy : Prime : Scourge Strike - Raise Dead and Death Coil
Major : Blood Boil - Pestilience - Anti-Magic Shell

I switch my Death Coil glyph for my glyph of Death and Decay on a fight like Yor'sahj,

Frost : Prime : Obliterate - Frost Strike and Howling Blast
Major : Anti-Magic Shell - Pestilience and Dark Succor

Note that presently, my frost spec that I have on the armory is not my real Frost Spec, I just made a Frost Spec really fast for the adds on Magmaw ..

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

Unholy : Outbreak > Festering > Scourge > Festering > DnD > Scourge > Death Coils to get my 5 stacks ASAP.
Keeping my Blood and Frost runes converted in Death Runes with Festering ..

Frost : Outbreak > Pillar of Frost > Obliterate > Obliterate > Blood Tap + Obliterate > Frost Strike when RP is High > Howling Blast with Rimes Proc.

That is actually my rotation in Frost Haste but it would change in Frost Mastery, much more frost strikes and Howling Blasts and Obliterate when Unholy Runes are up only.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://www.imagup.com/data/1145416587.html
Yeah that mushroom is a little big right now, ( for my dark transformation )
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):

When I joined Reckoning, I started raiding and stopped right away because of my exams and that 6 hours / 5 days was too much during this time. I decided to stop WoW for a month during my final exams. Started back 2 weeks ago and yeah ... I was really Late on the Gear compared to the others.... So I only have 1 recent World of Logs the others I got are before Holydays and from Rag Heroic. So heres my last one .... Honestly, im not proud of it but I know I can do better..... It was the gear and the motivation that didnt work.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1nf42qvasgn6jctl/

I was 392 Ilvl during that time without the Madness weapon and some other stuff like that.... Morchok has also been pulled by a random DPS so I was not ready at all.

Ive done better in the past , I cant really show you the logs that are from 2-3 months cause the gear is not the same ETC. I can still send them tho ..

- Alts & their name/level: Jibbin , Feral/Boumkin on Zul'jin lvl 85
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] Email/RealID
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I wanted a top 75 men guild, saw that you guys needed a DK Dps, read about you and decided to Apply!

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Because I love 25 men guilds. You guys are good and im looking good people to progress with on each tier, to do as much dps as I can but also, having a great awareness ..

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
All I know is that I have 4.00 Go of Ram and that im never lagging, usually have 29-40 MS and 50-64 FPS.
The only fight I lagged a little bit was Ultraxion in 25 men but I did put my graphics to low and im not lagging anymore.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1810199169.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Yeah, you can see my skills and creativity over there.

Demise
User

Re: Unholy/Frost DK Oxmo

Postby Demise » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:23 am

What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

fix this.

phazon
User

Postby phazon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:31 am

you have auto gnaw AND auto leap on : \
Stormingire: What do you think she is doing Carbon?
Carbonlight: Fondling her pink socket?

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:58 am

Hi! is there a reason you're using the Crushing Weight (obtained only a couple weeks ago) instead of a Heart of Rage (obtained the same day) or any other trinket that would be better? Also what trinket did your Eye of Unmaking replace?
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

phazon
User

Postby phazon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:28 am

I know I can do better....

What do you feel you could do to "do better" ?

Isen
User

Postby Isen » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:33 am

Do you find your ui to be detrimental to your raid awareness?

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:30 pm

1. Who was your main before your DK?

Answer this.

Answer this.

- Race & why did you choose it: Gnome .... I was dumb and choosed gnome to do some pvp awhile ago. Going Orc if I switch up in the horde.
Why did you not change your race afterwards then? If you come over with Orc and its racials become nerfed, will you change your race to a better one?

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

Oxmo
User

Postby Oxmo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Minty wrote:1. Who was your main before your DK?

Answer this.

Answer this.

Why did you not change your race afterwards then? If you come over with Orc and its racials become nerfed, will you change your race to a better one?

1. My main was a Druid Heal, havent played him since Burning Crusade.

2. Ah I dont even know how i skipped this one. The Answer is No.

3. I wrote a reason why I left Reckoning. The reason why Id like to leave my french guild that I have at this moment is that .... they are not the kind of guild im looking for, im looking for an hardcore guild with a good progression.

4. I would have change to worgen, I was actually going to when I was in reckoning, but I left and I didnt see the point of race changing when I was doing PvE just for fun before joining an hardcore guild. If orc get racial nerfs like you said, I wouldnt mind going to Goblin or w/e become the best.

Isen wrote:Do you find your ui to be detrimental to your raid awareness?

I dont think so cause I would have change if i wouldnt like it... you know .. UIs are not the same for everyone, mine may be like ..... not set up well for someone, but for me , I learned to play with it and I like it very much.

phazon wrote:
I know I can do better....

What do you feel you could do to "do better" ?

Before I left for a month ... I was looking at my logs, and comparing them to other peoples, and actually .. they were similiar to other DKs. Madness weapon was a huge upgrade from my shannox heroic weap, and by beiing concentrated and motivated will show also on my result ... cause i was not really when I was just raiding for fun with some friends for the last 2 weeks.

Rude wrote:Hi! is there a reason you're using the Crushing Weight (obtained only a couple weeks ago) instead of a Heart of Rage (obtained the same day) or any other trinket that would be better? Also what trinket did your Eye of Unmaking replace?

Heart of Rage Heroic gives expertise and that is the main reason why im using Crushing Weight over it. That makes like another unholy frenzy. Let's say all of the DS trinkets are at the top of my trinket list. Well unfortunatly .... Ive not been lucky and I just got Eye of Unmaking. So the best trinkets after the DS trinkets are Crushing weight heroic, liscence to slay and maybe heart of rage heroic ...... I did a simulation craft with crushing weight and Liscence to slay and I guess you can see which one won. If I could be lucky, I would change it for Bone-link but because it has so low chances to drop, Id go with the Creche as well.

phazon wrote:Image

you have auto gnaw AND auto leap on : \

Theres no need to put auto leap off auto, but you are right with auto gnaw. Honestly i didnt realise it since I came back, I used to get it off auto before I left, but when I left I just deleted all my wow files etc, so everything did reset.

Oxmo
User

Postby Oxmo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Demise wrote:
What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

fix this.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1811534931.png

There you go, I hope this is was you are actually looking for.

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Your druids armory says otherwise. For example if you completed all the tiers in BC save Sunwell you would have certain reputations above 0/3000 neutral. I could give more examples if you wish, but it's clear the druid you linked is not very experienced through BC.

Isen
User

Postby Isen » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Oxmo wrote:
Isen wrote:Do you find your ui to be detrimental to your raid awareness?

I dont think so cause I would have change if i wouldnt like it... you know .. UIs are not the same for everyone, mine may be like ..... not set up well for someone, but for me , I learned to play with it and I like it very much.

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:32 pm

any particular reason you are missing 5 epic gems between 2 pieces of 410 gear?

Oxmo
User

Postby Oxmo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:21 pm

Minty wrote:

Your druids armory says otherwise. For example if you completed all the tiers in BC save Sunwell you would have certain reputations above 0/3000 neutral. I could give more examples if you wish, but it's clear the druid you linked is not very experienced through BC.

Ah, this is my druid that I made in US as an Alt ... my main druid was in europe, so not the same ..

Tyde wrote:any particular reason you are missing 5 epic gems between 2 pieces of 410 gear?

Yea ... I got 2 epic gems from the raid, otherwise, I bought them, but for now, im broke so ... Trying to do some Firelands paid run to get them as fast as possible

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Oxmo wrote:Ah, this is my druid that I made in US as an Alt ... my main druid was in europe, so not the same ..

Ah, ok, can you please link that druid then please.

phazon
User

Postby phazon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Theres no need to put auto leap off auto, but you are right with auto gnaw. Honestly i didnt realise it since I came back, I used to get it off auto before I left, but when I left I just deleted all my wow files etc, so everything did reset.

Auto leap has been bugged since DKs have come out. When you command the ghoul with auto leap to attack a different target, the ghoul will running half the distance, leap back to the old target and then run the full distance instead of going half the distance and leaping to the new target. Not to mention tons of other bugs with leap with your pet doing it randomly and causing you to lose damage.

Auto leap is very bad. The only way to combat this was with a /cast leap macro or to press it manually.
Last edited by phazon on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”