Thalden - Dps Deathknight

Even Baddier Baddies
Thalden
User

Thalden - Dps Deathknight

Postby Thalden » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:01 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 17 and currently in Florida.
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 1pm - 2am
- Number of Testicles: 2 Big ones in Phazons mouth (<3 Phazon)
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes.
-- Tuesday: Yes.
-- Wednesday: Yes.
-- Thursday: Yes.
-- Friday (optional): Yes.
-- Saturday (optional): Yes.
-- Sunday: Yes.
- Do any others have access to your account? No, unless I want them to have my account info, I usually change the password though.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?
Yeah I do use I have a corehound to prove it.
- How long have you played WoW:
3 years.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Server first Sinestra
Server first Cho'gall
Server first Al'akir (Sand nigger)
Server first Shannox
Server first Alysrazor
Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Thalden, Deathknight
- Race & why did you choose it:
Worgen, because of there sprint pretty much it.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? N/a
- Professions and why did you choose them:
Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing
Jc because obviously the 3 Bold Chimera's Eye gems also making gems for my alts and myself for free without having to deal with the retards in trade "Jc lfw 50g tip" yeah fuck that.
Bs because of the 2 free sockets 1 in my gloves and the other in my bracers.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Unholy 7/1/33 - Without AMZ in <Ascend> there was no use for it so I spec'd out of it, and if you need in Simple Maths comp and such I'll be willing to respec into it.
Frost 7/31/3 - 2 hander frost.
I played my frost spec pretty often in <Ascend> the reason why its 2 hander is because I never really got the chance to get my 2 cleavers. I'm sure I'll be playing my frost spec decently in <Simple Math> In Spider boss, Alysrazor the fights I went frost, otherwise It was unholy. :)
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
I gear based on Str>Haste>Mastery of course getting hit capped.
My offspec is pretty much the same gear almost the same weights so not much reforging.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Unholy: SS/Ghoul/DC primes
Optimal dps output
Frost: FS/Ob/Hb primes
Optimal dps output
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Diseases > Dark Transformation> Festering Strike> Scourge Strike(Sometimes Death and Decay on certain occasions.)> DC dump if capped on Runic power or Sudden Doom proc.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
None, lol.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
<Ascend> Very good guild the guild ended up dying due to various reasons, all in all it was very good guild lead by a awesome guild master.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
Guilds first Shannox kill - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8izu ... 786&e=3087
- Alts & their name/level:
Verimas- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... s/advanced
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
My number, I'll give it out later on.
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
Mouthwash, Phazon(lol)
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
I feel that you guys are what I'm looking for in another guild besides <Ascend> I believe I'm a good quality player that knows will do good in Simple Math.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I run usually at 30FPS during a raid. HP Pavilion Slimline, 4GB of Ram NVIDIA Graphics Card
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

vix
User

Postby vix » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:09 am

Rtrain

Thalden
User

Postby Thalden » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:10 am

Vixxx wrote:Rtrain

I didnt join Exodus and got kicked. :(

Asminth
User

Postby Asminth » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:52 am

I have a few questions for you.

- 2H frost fell back a bit with the patch, is there a reason you still play it compared to Unholy or DW frost other than not having the cleavers yet?
- Why have you neglected to include any guild history other than your most recent guild off this server? You have a history on this server and a lot of people on Andorhal know you, seems silly not to include this information in an application where a lot of people will recognize your name.
- What race would you go if you were to come back horde and why?
- You mention playing two specs competitively and that you would be playing Frost more in SM yet you didn't list a rotation for Frost - why?
- You had a history in the past of performing well and pulling good DPS on fights where you could just stand and tunnel the boss, however your DPS fell by the wayside significantly on fights that had more things going on that required focus or you paying attention to. What can you do to prove that this has changed?

I look forward to your answers.

Raelorn
User

Re: Thalden - Dps Deathknight

Postby Raelorn » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Thalden wrote:Player information:
- Age & Location: 17

Stopped reading

Thalden
User

Postby Thalden » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Asminth wrote:I have a few questions for you.

- 2H frost fell back a bit with the patch, is there a reason you still play it compared to Unholy or DW frost other than not having the cleavers yet?
- Why have you neglected to include any guild history other than your most recent guild off this server? You have a history on this server and a lot of people on Andorhal know you, seems silly not to include this information in an application where a lot of people will recognize your name.
- What race would you go if you were to come back horde and why?
- You mention playing two specs competitively and that you would be playing Frost more in SM yet you didn't list a rotation for Frost - why?
- You had a history in the past of performing well and pulling good DPS on fights where you could just stand and tunnel the boss, however your DPS fell by the wayside significantly on fights that had more things going on that required focus or you paying attention to. What can you do to prove that this has changed?

I look forward to your answers.

.: Yes 2h Frost did fall back with the patch but it doesn't mean its still competitive, I dont have good weapons to compensate the damage in DW Frost.
.: My apologize
<Brutal Knights> - We got deep into progression 10/12 HM ICC Asminth became the last known GM that ever raided with the guild then he passed down the rank to Striker who then quit I believe I forgot. That lasted a few months of not raiding so the guild eventually died.
<Endeavour> - I've been in this guild since 2 months before Cata and we progressed to 11/12 HM 25man in Icecrown and Killed Heroic Lich King on 10man. Well we progressed into Cataclysm fine to be quite honest killed 12/12 some bosses were killed in 10man some in 25mans, but eventually shit in the fan, the guild ended up dying.
.: Orc because of the increased pet damage increased free attack power and free expertise with axes.
.: I guess you misunderstood me Asminth I only played Frost for Alysrazor and Beth'tilac only bosses where Unholy pet would be virtually useless. Dieases> OB Death/Unholy/Frost runes up or KM proc > FS when RP capped. 2Hander Frost priorities of course.
.: Well if you are looking at Firelands logs which I'm positive that you are I've only been in each boss 1 time so its been my first time on each boss except Majordomo Staghelm, I'm sure that when I get used to the fights, done it more than once or twice I will get comfortable and my dps will obviously improve.

Asminth
User

Postby Asminth » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Thalden wrote:.: Yes 2h Frost did fall back with the patch but it doesn't mean its still competitive, I dont have good weapons to compensate the damage in DW Frost.
.: My apologize
<Brutal Knights> - We got deep into progression 10/12 HM ICC Asminth became the last known GM that ever raided with the guild then he passed down the rank to Striker who then quit I believe I forgot. That lasted a few months of not raiding so the guild eventually died.
<Endeavour> - I've been in this guild since 2 months before Cata and we progressed to 11/12 HM 25man in Icecrown and Killed Heroic Lich King on 10man. Well we progressed into Cataclysm fine to be quite honest killed 12/12 some bosses were killed in 10man some in 25mans, but eventually shit in the fan, the guild ended up dying.
.: Orc because of the increased pet damage increased free attack power and free expertise with axes.
.: I guess you misunderstood me Asminth I only played Frost for Alysrazor and Beth'tilac only bosses where Unholy pet would be virtually useless. Dieases> OB Death/Unholy/Frost runes up or KM proc > FS when RP capped. 2Hander Frost priorities of course.
.: Well if you are looking at Firelands logs which I'm positive that you are I've only been in each boss 1 time so its been my first time on each boss except Majordomo Staghelm, I'm sure that when I get used to the fights, done it more than once or twice I will get comfortable and my dps will obviously improve.

- 2H Frost is not competitive currently in comparison to DW Frost. 2H Frost is on par with 2H Unholy with Unholy getting the edge but DW Frost comes out ahead of both specs. 4.2 gave a nerf to 2H Frost dropping the damage increase bonus from Might of the Frozen Wastes by 2% and reduced base weapon damage of Obliterate by 10%. DW Frost received some compensation because KM can proc off the OH now but 2H Frost was flat out nerfed. Would you be comfortable switching to DW Frost if it meant a DPS gain or would you insist upon playing 2H Unholy or 2H Frost if it was a playstyle you enjoyed?
- If you had to pick a spec to gear around and one to commit to 100%, what would it be, Unholy or Frost, and DW Frost or 2H Frost if you pick Frost?
- I was referencing your Firelands logs but as well as my past history raiding with you. When the fight required something more, such as movement, an added mechanic that required you to pay attention and time something correctly or multiple target switches your DPS dropped significantly. Have you improved this and what have you done to improve this if so?
- You have a lot more guild history on this server than you even mentioned in that post. I know it may not be completely relevant any longer but in the future you may want to make a mention that you were in numerous small guilds prior to any serious progression and then elaborate on where your raiding became more dedicated. By holding back information it makes people wonder what else you're holding back.
- You're 17 years old. Do you get parent aggro? If so, how often? Are you planning on playing as consistently come the start of the school year again in less than two months?

Thalden
User

Postby Thalden » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:12 pm

Asminth wrote:- 2H Frost is not competitive currently in comparison to DW Frost. 2H Frost is on par with 2H Unholy with Unholy getting the edge but DW Frost comes out ahead of both specs. 4.2 gave a nerf to 2H Frost dropping the damage increase bonus from Might of the Frozen Wastes by 2% and reduced base weapon damage of Obliterate by 10%. DW Frost received some compensation because KM can proc off the OH now but 2H Frost was flat out nerfed. Would you be comfortable switching to DW Frost if it meant a DPS gain or would you insist upon playing 2H Unholy or 2H Frost if it was a playstyle you enjoyed?
- If you had to pick a spec to gear around and one to commit to 100%, what would it be, Unholy or Frost, and DW Frost or 2H Frost if you pick Frost?
- I was referencing your Firelands logs but as well as my past history raiding with you. When the fight required something more, such as movement, an added mechanic that required you to pay attention and time something correctly or multiple target switches your DPS dropped significantly. Have you improved this and what have you done to improve this if so?
- You have a lot more guild history on this server than you even mentioned in that post. I know it may not be completely relevant any longer but in the future you may want to make a mention that you were in numerous small guilds prior to any serious progression and then elaborate on where your raiding became more dedicated. By holding back information it makes people wonder what else you're holding back.
- You're 17 years old. Do you get parent aggro? If so, how often? Are you planning on playing as consistently come the start of the school year again in less than two months?

.: Yes, I would gladly switch to DW frost if I had the right weapons, otherwise Unholy is fine not much of a difference, of course if your looking at Sims or a "perfect world" where the boss is tunnel visioned and the player has 0% human error the RNG is always right the CDs are lined up right no MS or FPS problem then yes DW frost is obviously the BEST option for a Deathknight.
.: Well Frost Dks are gearing like Unholy Dks so its just a mater of having the reforging addon and 20secs of your life to reforge to Unholy or Dw Frost or a even better option when 2h Frost Dks have the same exact gear as Unholy dks no reforging just switching specs on the go.
.: Yes I have improved my up time on my abilities.
.: Well my raiding became more dedicated in <Brutal Knights>, I'm not holding back on anything, I thought since <Ascend> is a top 50th US guild it be more important to mention it over other guilds who ranking did not matter. If you wish you may ask me several other questions as to my previous guilds and what happened with them I'd gladly tell you.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”