Naturalist

Even Baddier Baddies
Naturalist
User

Naturalist

Postby Naturalist » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 20, Kansas (I dodge tornadoes irl)
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): noonish when I get up to 2-3 am, though a lot of that time recently is spent on LoL/SC2
- Number of Testicles: 6. I think.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yus
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yep
-- Thursday: Yar
-- Friday (optional): Indeed
-- Saturday (optional): Only 100% of the time.
-- Sunday: Obviously
- Do any others have access to your account? Nope.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I do.
- How long have you played WoW: Since late BC, about 2ish months before sunwell dropped.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Currently, 9/13 10m, Al'akir as the endwing. Did 12/12 Heroic ICC with a #99 US HLK kill, cleared ToGC and Ulduar (though Ulduar HM's were during ToC times)

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Naturalist, resto druid
- Race & why did you choose it: Cow, because it's fucking amazing. I've been considering going troll for zerking but I can't get myself to do it.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... t/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? there was no ruckus.
- Professions and why did you choose them: Alch because it's just convenient, being able to make my own flasks and shit, + 2/4 hour flasks is very nice. Engi was a fun prof + gives nice bonuses. The engi gloves being used on CD and with my Innervate gives me 2k extra mana on my innervate and extra mana from revitalize ticks during the use.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Resto, and moonkin offspec. Don't play moonkin that often anymore but I'm good at it.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Resto: Gearing/gemming/enchanting for resto is pretty simple atm. Getting the 4 piece is pretty much mandatory because it has amazing up time unless you suck, and is amazing overall. As far as stats, it's Int > Haste=Spirit > Mastery > Crit, and I gear/gem as such. Keeping that in mind, come 4.2 the odds of Haste>Mastery=Crit is very likely, with haste possibly only being just a bit better than mastery, even in 25 mans.

Moonkin: Currently I use a lot of my resto gear for boomkin, which isn't too big of a deal because the stat priorities are pretty much identical. Int > Spirit/Hit (to cap, derp) > Haste > Mastery > Crit. Some of that can change depending on gear but overall it's pretty standard.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Resto: Prime glyphs are pretty standard, Rejuv is amazing, 10% increase to it, not much to say other than there is no reason to not have it. Swiftmend again, is pretty like, lol wtf are you doing without it, it'd be just retarded. It's way too good to not have. Derp derp without, I lose GCD's recasting rejuv! YAY! My third prime glyph is the Lifebloom glyph, 10% crit on a hot that I have near 100% uptime on is obviously pretty amazing. I do alternate this glyph with the glyph of Regrowth on fights like Chimaeron because it's good for a few things, 1, currently it helps me have my mastery bonus on more cuastic slime targets, and 2, it's lolmeterpadding.
Major glyphs are also pretty simple. Rebirth because it's standard as fuck, no reason to not use it 99% of the time. Wild growth is yet again a very standard glyph, it's simple, but very good. A 20% increase to a spell that I use every 8 seconds is something a brain dead retard can figure out is a good thing. My last major slot I swap out depending on the fight. Currently since I do 10s, I don't use the innervate glyph, though I would in 25s until 4.2 when it's not viable to innervate swap anymore. That said, I mostly use the Healing Touch glyph atm because in 10s any sort of tank CD's aren't very common, so having my NS CD drop to an average of around a 2:00-2:30ish CD if not lower is really nice. Don't think you care about minors, so I won't bother with those.

Moonkin: I will admit that my moonkin knowledge is by far less than that of my resto. I haven't actually looked up information on boomkin in a while because I just don't play it much. With that in mind, I'll explain why I've done what I've done. For primes, I use Insect Swarm and Moonfire, currently moonkin's strength lies very heavily in the ability to multi dot 2-3+ targets with ease and do incredible damage while in a Solar Eclipse state. These two obviously have a very big effect on that as they increase those numbers by a lot. My third prime is the one I'm not 100% sure about, I use starsurge here for the reduced CD on starfall after each use. I just seems like a solid glyph to me. The one that I'd consider to be a replacement for this would be the Starfire glyph, and this mostly goes back to my wrath knowledge where it was a huge glyph for boomkin DPS. For majors, I use starfall because a 33% CD reduction on it is pretty amazing. Again, I use rebirth because it's pretty much amazing and brezzing without it sucks fucking ass. My 3rd major again I swap depending on the fight. I have roots in atm because we were doing the V&T achievement, though normally I just keep Solar Beam in because 15 second silence on shit like P3 Cho'gall is really nice.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? derphihealer
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? To start off any fight, I normally start with a 3 stack of LB on the tank, and right before the pull I use a volcanic potion, then rejuv and refresh LB to keep my mastery bonus on both hots. During the fight I keep up LB on the tank, only refreshing it when there is another hot up, so if there isn't, I get one up. Currently since I do 10s, some of my healing styles will change, though most will likely be small fight-to-fight changes that I have to pick up and adapt to, which won't be a problem.
Currently I do a lot of tank healing, which will obviously change in 25s to allow me to do a lot more raid healing. As is, I still use Wild Growth pretty much on CD, and use a lot of swiftmends on the tank to heal. I do try to swiftmend on raid members for Efflo atm, but in 10s it's not as valuable. In 25s this would be one of the few big changes, in that swiftmend would be use as a raid heal though efflo much more than a tank saver. Currently in 10s and 25s, though less so in 10s because WG covers 60% of the raid, I try to prioritize putting rejuv's on people who already have another hot on them, something that will (thank god) change in 4.2.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Duelist multi season on multi characters, though was 2550ish 3s and had a 2700 2s MMR that never got me glad, also had 2 alts that got wrathful tabards + a 3rd that was like 20 rating away. Didn't play in vanilla so I don't have any of those :(
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I'm the GM/raidleader of the guild I'm in currently, after dealing with attendance problems for literally all but 6 weeks this expansion, we've gotten to the point where we simple can't raid anymore at any reasonable level. It is a 10m guild and we decided as a group (-1 person), that it'd be in everyone's best interest if we all started looking elsewhere, which we're all doing now. We did really well for our 6 week period where we didn't have attendance problems, to the point where I believe we'd be at the very least 12/13 right now if not for the bull shit we had to deal with.

Prior to that, I was in the guild <Redux> on spirestone. Joined them when they were 6(I think?) of 12 heroic ICC, and raided with them full time through our us 99th US HLK kill, ended the tier @ US 86th. The guild blew up in ass loads of drama from officers + half the raid members having hidden forums about how they were taking over/changing the guild in ways that I and many others didn't like, so I started the guild I was in on Tanaris with some friends.

The only other relevant guild is the one I was in before that, this guild was also one I joined in wrath, right after ToC came out, my guild before that had been wiping for 3 weeks on Yogg3 to get my Val'anyr and I couldn't stand their shit anymore with lack of caring (they're still 11/12 normal currently to give you an idea). So yeah, I was in this guild, <Business Time> on alliance Tanaris, cleared 4/5 ToGC 25m prior to ICC's release, then 5/5 the week after. This guild also ended up dying due to recruiting on Tanaris being absolutely abysmal.

I can provide wowprogress links for any of the guilds except Business Time if you want to check things, don't know why you would, but just in case.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/3271/uiapp.png
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
- Alts & their name/level: Flop-85 hunter, Thnkibrokeit-85 warrior, those are the only ones I play much, though I also have a shaman/pally @ 85 with all but a rogue @ 80+.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] for email or realID.
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: You're a group of very sexy people with a very sexy guild tag. It just happens. Don't know anyone there.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Horde, top end guild. Gets shit done, 13/13 heroic meaning when firelands hits I won't be sitting around for 6 months trying to finish all HM content, and I'll be able to raid with players who care just as much as I do about raiding.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? DXDiag screenshot: http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/8597/27091568.png
Haven't done a 25m raid in Cata, but in Wrath/ICC I generally ran between around 10-20 depending on the fight.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1329500174.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/6228/alaqaeda.jpg

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Are you looking to maintain a certain haste cap? Is there a reason you have 2 split gems in your belt? Do you have the tol barad mastery and on use resist trinket? The spot is primarily for a healer but having good offspec helps, i know you went in depth in your app about that, but is that something you're comfortable doing? Going back as far as ulduar and icc, we had about 4-5 healers with offspec dps to just rotate from time to time on farm content. Not every fight can take 8 healers and not every healer can heal on a 4 or 5 heal boss.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Naturalist
User

Postby Naturalist » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm just barely over the 2005 haste/9tick WG/Efflo point currently, that's the reason for the gems, 1 more piece of 372 gear with haste and I'll be able to drop another 20haste/20int gem. Don't have the TB mastery trinket atm but I'm close on the marks and can get it if needed, it something we never need in our 10s though because we had very strong healers. I am comfortable playing boomkin, it's not something I'd want to do all the time, but if it's needed that I consistently go boomkin on 1 specific fight or something, it's not a problem. I did that in my current guild for all Cho'gall/Council because our other 2 healers had shit dps offspecs.

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:32 pm

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/89859/

It won't matter once Firelands hits, but for the time being, on healing sensitive fights, are you willing to give your innervates to healers who can make more out of them (Paladins and Priests)?

Right now, what do you feel about haste rating past the 2005 breakpoint?

In your 4.2 stat priorities, why are you putting haste ahead of mastery, and why do you value crit so highly? Assuming no big changes from the way things are for us now in the patch notes, are you going to aim for a specific haste breakpoint? If so, which one?

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:42 pm

the trinket is not about what we need now, its about its value come firelands. Its going to outlast this tier of trinkets for a long time. I would definitely recommend picking it up.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Naturalist
User

Postby Naturalist » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:47 pm

I see, I'll definitely pick it up then.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Naturalìst wrote:- Usual Play Times (Server Time): noonish when I get up to 2-3 am, though a lot of that time recently is spent on LoL/SC2

do you do anything other than play 14 hours a day? seems unhealthy, no? are you going to school or have a job?

Naturalìst wrote:- Can you describe the ruckus? there was no ruckus.

wrong.

Naturalìst wrote:- Professions and why did you choose them: Alch because it's just convenient, being able to make my own flasks and shit, + 2/4 hour flasks is very nice. Engi was a fun prof + gives nice bonuses. The engi gloves being used on CD and with my Innervate gives me 2k extra mana on my innervate and extra mana from revitalize ticks during the use.

"because it's convenient" is the one of the worst reasons i've ever heard in my life. you should at least pretend to care the next time you answer a question like this.

Naturalìst wrote:- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/3271/uiapp.png

what do you use to show per-fight debuffs? those unit frames don't really have much space to see anything other than a health bar.

Naturalìst wrote:- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: You're a group of very sexy people with a very sexy guild tag. It just happens. Don't know anyone there.

that didn't at all answer the question.

slightly off-topic question - why is your name on the forums "Naturalìst" with an "ì" instead of an "i?" this makes me rage in so many different ways and reminds me of all the kids in trade chat with garbage names.

also, finish answering nachthymnen's questions.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Naturalist
User

Postby Naturalist » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:33 pm

No, I don't have a job, dropped out of college a while back because homework is gay, though I plan on going back before the end of the year. And no I don't sit on the computer for 14 hours a day, though I definitely said it in a way that seems as if that's the case.

Wasn't sure what line you wanted from this frankly, so... :(

You wanted reasons, I gave you one. You don't have to like it just like you don't have to accept my app. The fact of the matter is at this point, pretty much all professions are fairly balanced as far as raiding bonuses, so what kind of response is adequate here? I took alchemy because I like shiny bottles with liquid in them? Or are you looking for me to give the standard bull shit "It gives me +80 int instead of some shit gathering prof"? I say all of that and I know it sounds like I'm being a smart ass, which isn't good on an app, but really, it's just a profession. I'm getting the +80 of my stat from it just like I would with LW/JC/BS, etc.

Debuffs show on the right hand side of the health frame along with an icon, the color of the bar changes (Poisons -Dark Green, Magic - Blue, Curses - Purple/pinkish, and Custom - Brownish).

I found you though wowprogress and I know nobody in the guild.

As for the I, honestly I'm not sure. When I log into the forums I definitely don't use the derp i. I hate it a fucking ass ton as well.

As for nachthymnen's questions, I missed them, I'll answer those now as well.

- Depends on the fights that you consider healing sensitive fights, the only fight right now that I'm ever consistently having mana problems on was V&T. Everything else I'm normally ok with so it wouldn't be a problem, especially getting a mana tide.

- I feel the 2005 haste breakpoint is pretty huge, the 9th tick on efflo/WG are pretty big for a healing increase.

- I put haste over mastery because despite the mastery change I still don't feel it'll be better point for point. Obviously if I'm past the 2005/2042(W/shard of woe) break point then I'd go for mastery instead until I could reach another. Until I see all the gear and what kind of haste values actually seem viable, I'd probably only stick with getting the 2449 point for an extra LB tick during ToL LB spam.

- I value crit the way I do (in 4.2) because of the buff to make crits go for 200% instead of 150%. I don't really think it'll ever be more valuable than mastery at this point, but it certainly will be much closer.

Naturalist
User

Postby Naturalist » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Naturalìst wrote:As for the I, honestly I'm not sure. When I log into the forums I definitely don't use the derp i. I hate it a fucking ass ton as well.

And about this, the only thing that I can think of, though even this seems weird as fuck, as that I'd made an account here during wrath with the intent of apping, never did, then forgot the PW I used. Had a new one made but yeah, when I log in, I definitely put in Naturalist, not Naturalìst.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Naturalist wrote:dropped out of college a while back because homework is gay

i weep for today's youth.

Naturalist wrote:Wasn't sure what line you wanted from this frankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_search_engine

Naturalist wrote:are you looking for me to give the standard bull shit "It gives me +80 int instead of some shit gathering prof"?

i'm looking for you to say "this is what i chose and this is why i know it's best for my class and my role."

Naturalist wrote:And about this, the only thing that I can think of, though even this seems weird as fuck, as that I'd made an account here during wrath with the intent of apping, never did, then forgot the PW I used. Had a new one made but yeah, when I log in, I definitely put in Naturalist, not Naturalìst.

that account did not exist, and even if it did, there's this awesome feature that phpbb has which allows you to reset your password. i've changed your username to naturalist without the dumb i.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Naturalist
User

Postby Naturalist » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Meh, I don't see how my opinion on college/homework really matters here, but whatever.

For the professions, really, I don't see what I'm going to say that's special, to me, what you just said seems so fucking obvious that there's no point in saying it. It's not like I'm rocking Herb/Alch or even Herb/Mining or something. I have a profession that's identical to most other professions as far as a raiding bonus.

And for the last time about the account, I guess it came out wrong, that's what I'm talking about. I did a password reset. I have no clue why the i changed, though thanks for fixing it. Believe me, I can't stand alt code either. It's one of the reasons I hate finding names because they're always taken unless you use bull shit alt code. I know it sounds weird as fuck and I don't understand it either, but I can say with 100% honesty that I absolutely did not make an account on your forums that used an alt code i.

vix
User

Postby vix » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:54 pm

grouch wrote:
Naturalist wrote:dropped out of college a while back because homework is gay

i weep for today's youth.

me too

Visions
User

Postby Visions » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:13 pm

I've seen some sad youngsters in my time, especially in WoW applications but this one proooobably takes the cake.

Well done my good man, well done.

Teach us to give and not to count the cost; To fight and not to heed the wounds; To toil and not to seek for rest...

Naturalist
User

Postby Naturalist » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:17 pm

<3

Bevey
User

Postby Bevey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:25 pm

WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):

I did not see and WWS links correct me if I am wrong but I found some anyways

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/89859/calendar/06-11/

One of my concerns with your ui raid frames is that it does not look like it tracks some essential information for playing a resto druid such as timers on LB/rejuv/regrowth/WG hots so you can activate your mastery. In addition it looks like your ui does not tell you what targets are swiftmendable which in 25 man raiding can be quite informative as it can save you a gcd when trying to bring someone back up who has fallen low and has another druids hots on them; potentially a life and death difference. I was just wondering if you had any way to track the things I mentioned above?

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”