Dreager - DPS Death Knight Transfer

Even Baddier Baddies
Dreager
User

Dreager - DPS Death Knight Transfer

Postby Dreager » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:55 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 20 / Goldsboro, NC (EST)
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): All the time.
- Number of Testicles: 2, oop just grew another testicle, 3 testicles.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday:Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional):Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? Not my Raiding account.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: 4 years and 5-6 months
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla- little bit of MC, ZG
BC - Everything up to Sunwell
WotLK - All content and hard modes on tier level.
Realm First Yogg-0, Grand Crusader, LK, HM LK

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Dreager, Death Knight
- Race & why did you choose it: Worgen, Highest DPS and Flavor of the month. (would go goblin if I went horde.)
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... ger/simple (If Im not in my DPS gear it will be updated shortly)
- Can you describe the ruckus? Uncle Ruckus?
- Professions and why did you choose them: JC and Enchanting (Both for the DPS buffs, Enchanting over Blacksmithing because I abhor blacksmithing)

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Unholy is my main spec, I don't have the weapons to go DW frost but I how to play it. I often go 2-hander frost to kite adds on various hard modes for my current guild, and I have gone Tank in the past for Heroic Halfus although lately I have been DPS'ing that fight.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
For Unholy DPS: Haste > Hit 8% > STR > Mastery > Exp > Crit (I try to keep my mastery as close to the point as possible, like 13.17 rather than 13.97 but other than that I just follow the stat priority)

Dual Wield Frost: Strength > Hit 5% (+ 3% from Talents = 8%) >= Expertise 26 > Mastery > Crit > Haste

Two Hand Frost: Strength > Hit 8% >= Expertise 26 > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Blood Tanking: Mastery > Stam > Avoidance > Exp and Hit

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Unholy: Death Coil, Raise Dead, Scourge Strike (For AoE Icy Touch and DnD)
Frost: Frost Strike, Obliterate, Howling Blast (Icy Touch for AoE) (If I'm kiting, Hungering cold)
Blood: Death Strike, Heart Strike, Rune Strike (DnD for AoE)

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Apply Diseases (Outbreak if available, IT > PS if not) > Dark Transformation > Death Coil (if I don't have double runes off CD) > Death and Decay (yes on a single target) > Scourge Strike > Festering Strike > Death Coil (until out of RP) > Horn of Winter

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Don't have any, don't care about them.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Hallowed of Wildhammer: My internet was out for about a month and when I got back I was kicked out of the guild.
Insomnia of Baelgun: I joined with the understanding that I was going to leave when cata came out, it was a friend's guild and I just wanted to raid with them before going back into hardcore raiding.
Cadia of LightningHoof: I am leaving because I was mislead about their roster and about their guild's rank on the server due to them downing HM LK before the better guild on the server. When cata was released they quickly fell behind the real top guild on the server. While rank didn't bother me too much, lately its been more of a struggle to actually raid with them under those pretenses and I feel like its a very unstable guild right now.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g206/Dreager_Ex/WoWScrnShot_021511_230009.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/16429/calendar/02-11/
Note: I am not in any of the logs last week due to Time Warner working on the internet lines and me being without a connection for the entire week.

- Alts & their name/level:
85 Death Knight / Dreaa on Baelgun
85 Hunter / Unshaved on Baelgun
85 Warrior / Dreager on Baelgun
85 Rogue / Lildreager on Lightninghoof
83 Druid / Dreagerlol on Lightninghoof
80 Paladin / Holydreager on Lightninghoof
72 Warlock / Drealok on Baelgun
70 Mage / Pyrophiliac on Baelgun
Various other random toons below 70

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I wanted to app to the guild a while ago when I kicked out of Hallowed and looking for new guilds. I just didn't feel like doing the picture thing at the end. I am friends with Pelinel though, and before you mention the bad reputation his friends have, I'd like to say that we aren't THAT close of friends.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Its on the same progression as my current guild, I don't like being carried through content so I'm reluctant to app to higher progression guilds. Its horde, and Pel says you need a good Death Knight for your raids.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I use a custom built CPU that my brother made for my 2 years ago, its been upgraded here and there so it runs WoW like a pro.
Typical FPS: 40-60 depending on the fight.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
Time Warner Cable

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g206/Dreager_Ex/realUI.jpg

Velna
User

Postby Velna » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:00 am

Run the speed test with a New York server and what Cata experience do you have? Also how do you feel about Anti-Magic zone? I would also prefer it if you include some links of logs where you're dps so I don't have to go searching for them.

Dreager
User

Postby Dreager » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:18 am

Velna wrote:Run the speed test with a New York server and what Cata experience do you have? Also how do you feel about Anti-Magic zone? I would also prefer it if you include some links of logs where you're dps so I don't have to go searching for them.

Yeah sorry can't believe I forgot the Cata bosses :P

All Regular Bosses
Heroic BWD
Omnitron
Magmaw (I was the Worm Kiter)
Maloriak
Chimaeron
Atramedes

Heroic BoT
Halfus (As a tank mostly, DPS a few times)
Valiona and Theralion

Heroic TotFW
Conclave (Again, the add kiter)

yeah I accidentally clicked the NJ one apparently, here.

pelinel
User

Postby pelinel » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:20 am

I claim no liability for this individual. (Not saying he is bad or good I'm just saying I don't know!)
Last edited by pelinel on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dreager
User

Postby Dreager » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:20 am

Here is a couple logs so you don't have to look.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-legv1o92kntiu8hk/
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wllx386jgkffvyj3/

If there is low DPS on Magmaw its because I'm the kiter for the worms (even on regular =/ )

Dreager
User

Postby Dreager » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:29 am

Velna wrote:Run the speed test with a New York server and what Cata experience do you have? Also how do you feel about Anti-Magic zone? I would also prefer it if you include some links of logs where you're dps so I don't have to go searching for them.

Sorry for multi posting, can't find the damn edit button on these forums.

As for AMS, I use it as often as I can in high damage mitigation scenarios like the crackle phases on Nef for instance. But at the same time when there isn't an opportunity to mitigate a lot of excess magic damage I tend to use to as a simple DPS increase due to the RP generation it provides or simply preventing a debuff from being applied. For instance AMS'ing through the Water Bomb on Council so I don't have to stand in the fire, AMS'ing through the Hit debuff on Chimaeron, or simply soaking up some extra RP on Omnitron to throw out a couple extra death coils. I use it on almost every fight.

Dreager
User

Postby Dreager » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:46 am

Yeah I misread you said AMZ, personally I think its way too underpowered to be useful. It only absorbs a little over 30k damage, which is like a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of damage being tossed out by some of these raid bosses.

If the raid leader would like me to spec into it for any specific reason I'm willing it doesn't nerf my DPS all that much to do so and I'd rather down the boss than up my DPS a few points, but at the same time I'm skeptical of any legitimate uses for the ability that will actually impact the fight overall.

Velna
User

Postby Velna » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:47 am

I'm talking about the Anti-magic zone that you have to spec into. The bubble you can put on the raid that reduces spell damage by 75% up to a certain cap.

Raelorn
User

Postby Raelorn » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:33 pm

a pelinel friend? denied!

in all seriousness though, it worries me that you said you internet went out for a month. we have had people use this excuse before and go lol actually i just wanted to quit the guild. have you switched isp's since then or are very confident that your problems since then have been fixed? not to be rude, but we dont need someone with unstable internet.

Dreager
User

Postby Dreager » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Raelorn wrote:a pelinel friend? denied!

in all seriousness though, it worries me that you said you internet went out for a month. we have had people use this excuse before and go lol actually i just wanted to quit the guild. have you switched isp's since then or are very confident that your problems since then have been fixed? not to be rude, but we dont need someone with unstable internet.

Well I was in my senior year in High school at the time, so I was still living with my parents. I don't remember how it actually went down but it actually was that I couldn't actually connect for a month not a ploy to get out of the guild. I couldn't say if it was my parent just slacking on the bill or if it was just Time Warner gayness. I wouldn't put it passed either of them. I wish I was still in Hallowed, despite them kicking me. I was in a good spot in that guild, and I wasn't having any issues with the guild or the raids.

As for now, I'm still using Time warner and Its in my name not my parents so I know the bill is getting paid, and periodically they do work on the lines and my net goes out for a couple days. They say its just maintenence, and it does only happen like every 4-6 months so I don't think its that big of a deal. Its only ever like 2-3 days though. Its never been anywhere near a month like what happened when I was in Hallowed.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:02 pm

you've mentioned doing some kiting and tanking on bosses. Do you feel you gear is on par for those, and are you comfortable filling that role from time to time? Are you comfortable handling mechanics like corruption and interrupting at the same time on a fight like heroic chogall for example?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

vix
User

Postby vix » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:05 pm

No disrespect but you didn't ask your parents why your net wasn't working?

You wish you were still in Hallowed - what is stopping you from joining them again? You didn't think to talk to them and explain that your internet was out?

I'm guessing you are deathly afraid of confrontation, which based on posting a public application to a high rated guild that you aren't. Or full of shit. Tell us the real reasons.

Dreager
User

Postby Dreager » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Ninetales wrote:you've mentioned doing some kiting and tanking on bosses. Do you feel you gear is on par for those, and are you comfortable filling that role from time to time? Are you comfortable handling mechanics like corruption and interrupting at the same time on a fight like heroic chogall for example?

I have a bunch of Tanking epics for tanking I just don't know how well I'd actually do tanking anything honestly. I meant Halfus is a joke to tank, I mean I eventually just started tanking him in DPS gear because it didn't matter. But yeah I'm willing to tank I know the spec well enough. I'm sure I'd be fine tanking fights that require it.

Vixxx wrote:No disrespect but you didn't ask your parents why your net wasn't working?

You wish you were still in Hallowed - what is stopping you from joining them again? You didn't think to talk to them and explain that your internet was out?

I'm guessing you are deathly afraid of confrontation, which based on posting a public application to a high rated guild that you aren't. Or full of shit. Tell us the real reasons.

I did ask my parents, they told me that it was time warner working on the lines. If they hadn't told me that I would have thought they just didn't pay the bill. At the same time they like to lie. I'm not the kind of person thats gonna just assume they are lying and call them out on it, even if I did it wouldn't get the internet cut on any faster so I let it go.

I did talk to the guild and they, like you, assumed I was full of shit and they had already replaced me anyway. I'm not gonna lie, I could easily have just left out the whole 1 month disconnect and subsequent gkick out, and just as easily said that I left for my own reasons. I'm sure by now they don't even remember me, or I could have simply left out the whole guild altogether, I mean it has been a while since I was in the guild. I realize the story causes skepticism but frankly its not worth lying on an app.

Dreager
User

Postby Dreager » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Ninetales wrote: Are you comfortable handling mechanics like corruption and interrupting at the same time on a fight like heroic chogall for example?

Forgot to address this in my last post but yeah I could interrupt. I haven't had to a do it for a guild in a long time, cause it seems every guild I've been in already has their "dream team" of interrupters, but I'm sure I can handle it, and balancing interrupts with fight mechanics is nothing new for me.

phazon
User

Postby phazon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:32 am

Unholy DPS: Haste > Hit 8% > STR > Mastery > Exp > Crit

explain please, when STR is so clearly and vastly better. you wear all plate gear regardless so there is no conflicting gear problems but the fact that you state that makes me wonder why you would put haste over STR.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Apply Diseases (Outbreak if available, IT > PS if not) > Dark Transformation > Death Coil (if I don't have double runes off CD) > Death and Decay (yes on a single target) > Scourge Strike > Festering Strike > Death Coil (until out of RP) > Horn of Winter

Few things here-
DnD: I'm aware of the reasoning behind using DnD due to it being only a tiny bit better than scourge strike in damage, but I would like to know when you think its an appropriate time to use DnD. Several fights when used could cause massive problems. Also, do you use DnD on mobs when someone else is kitting them.

HoW: do you bind your horn of winter into any macro of any sort.

I use a custom built CPU that my brother made for my 2 years ago

still curious on computer specs if you could give them.
Stormingire: What do you think she is doing Carbon?
Carbonlight: Fondling her pink socket?

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”