- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): I get home from class around 7
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account?

Nope, trust issues[/i[\]

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?

[i]Yes

- How long have you played WoW:
Since Vanilla, mostly on the same character aside from a few short tanking stints

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

In Vanilla I cleared all content short of Naxx 40, at first with my guild then as a freelance rogue who ran with some of the better guilds on Graymane Horde. (Cue transfer to Ravencrest)

In Burning Crusade I ran my own guild on Ravencrest Horde clearing Kara and Seperpentshrine Cavern and majority of Tempest Keep, then the guild blew up because of people thinking that content was too difficult. Bounced around guilds clearing the rest of the content short of Sunwell. (Cue transfer to Shadowmoon)

In Wrath I ended up becoming a Tank for a short time (Mainly Naxx) Got Glory of the Raider on 10 and 25 man. Got my 2 drakes, Ulduar came out Cleared that in 10 and 25 up to 3 Light. Trial of the Crusader, Tribute to Insanity 10 man, got all the hardmodes up to Valks being one of the first people on server to kill them on hardmode. Sucked at Anub due to Penetrating Cold being too difficult for healers to grasp. ICC, got Bane in 10 man, 25 man hardmodes cleared up to and including Sindragosa. Failed at 25 man HM Lich King due to many factors including the loss of our GM, spotty attendance and healers who underwent lobotomies.

In Cataclysm the guild failed to recover from the mortal blow that it received in Wrath, though a noble effort was had by all. Technically I have cleared Bastion, Up to Nef in Blackwing (was having technical issues the night we got our kill, I fixed it but a little too late) and Council in the Throne. I know all the fight including the strategies for hardmodes.

Character Information:

- Name, & Class:
Katanasteel - Rogue

- Race & why did you choose it:
Undead, to be honest I chose the race for this toon ages ago and not much though was put in it at the time aside from him looking cool. SINCE THEN I've found Will of the Forsaken to be fairly useful from time to time if the fight gimmick allows it or someone get's MC'd using a fight and chooses to fear you into some assorted type of fire. Also I'm sure holding my breath underwater will come in real handy in raids, right?

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/S ... eel/simple

- Can you describe the ruckus?
Its most likely some arms warrior trying to prove he can compete with Fury DPS just ignore him, he will go away.

- Professions and why did you choose them:
Leatherworking, cheap leg enchants, Best in Slot wrist enchants, Armor kits for the guild, crafted epics on new tiers of content. Engineering, mainly for raid utility (Jeeves), Parachute cloak, Glove and belt tinker.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

Main Spec - Assassination
Off Spec - PvP tweaked Assassination (It is my spec for doing dailies and harassing warlocks)

I've played Combat for most of my raiding career, but since Blizzard decided to make Combat lit like a wet noodle at the beginning of Cataclysm I switched to Assassination. I have no issue trading in my PvP spec for a combat spec to give the raid the 4% otherwise provided by Frost DK's or Ravager pets (keep in mind i unfortunately do not have weapons to support combat at this time.)

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

The term gear choice implies i had a choice haha. I Am working on getting my 4 piece for my rogue as I am currently without any tier, the aim is for legs, gloves, chest and help, keeping my shoulders (ideally grabbing the heroic version of my Poison Protocol Shoulders). As Mutilate I look for gear with mastery and hit, or less preferably anything that will yeald higher stats and simple reforge the expertise and the crit to something more useful. You'll notice a ton of hit due to the need for us to hit spell hit cap. My offhand is bad due to Cho'gall being a huge douche and not giving me my dagger.

My offspec is PvP so I wont bore you with Resilience.

If you would like me to offspec combat, I would have to do heavy reforging due to the stat weight of mastery and expertise and how they differ in the two specs, but the gear itself is fairly interchangeable due to reforging and the death of Armor Pen.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

Assassination

Prime

Glyph of Mutilate - Less energy to cost your main CP builder
Glyph of Backstab - Reducing the energy cost of backstab when it crits comes in handy when spamming it sub 35%
Glyph of Rupture - More Leeway to lay on another envenom before your rupture falls off or simple buying you more time on a high movement fight before your rotation goes to shit.

Major

Glyph of Feint - Less energy to cast feint is a life saver on crackle or feud, heck any AoE damage really. Taking unnecessary stress off healers.
Glyph of Fan of Knives - Larger radius for AoE damage but mostly to assure spread of crippling poison on fights that demand control and lack proper trapping from hunters or earthbind totems
Glyph of Sap - A 3 minute sap, pretty self explanatory. i do a lot of CC in my current raids

Minor

Glyph of Blurred Speed - Running on water weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Glyph of Safe Fall - Sometimes I fall off things, this helps.
Glyph of Poisons - I'm not perfect so if from some reason my poisons fall off mid encounter or i need to put crippling on my thrown cause all the hunters love hugging adds, I can apply poisons in double time and hopefully save the day.

PvP Glyphs I'll skip

Combat

Prime

Glyph of Adrenaline Rush - More energy = More DPS
Glyph of Sinister Strike - More combo points = More DPS
Glyph of Slice and Dice - Due to the lack of mindless self application Assassination provides the extra time comes in handy

Major

Glyph of Feint - Less energy to cast feint is a life saver on crackle or feud, heck any AoE damage really. Taking unnecessary stress off healers.
Glyph of Fan of Knives - Larger radius for AoE damage but mostly to assure spread of crippling poison on fights that demand control and lack proper trapping from hunters or earthbind totems
Glyph of Blade Flurry - Reduced penalty while cleaving =)

Minor

Same as above.

Note: If you guys have cool rogues I can always swap my feint Major Glyphs for Tricks =)

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

Start the fight pre-potting with a Potion of the Tol'Vir and restealthing for Overkill buff. Open with Garrote. Mutilate until 4-5 CP then get SnD up ASAP. Mutilate 4-5 CP then Rupture. Continue mutilating keeping SnD via envenom. Vandetta on CD, Attempt to use Cold Blood on a 5 CP Envenom but don't sit on it for too long cause an unused CD is a wasted CD. Vanish if your group is a bunch of pros for a second overkill (usually with lust) at 35% continue the same rotation replacing mutilate with backstab until either myself or the boss is dead.

I personally prefer a technical play style, such as interrupting and controlling adds. I find it a lot more personally gratifying than just spamming my rotation.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
Does Recoup count?

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
First Srg. in vanilla, Challenger in Wotlk lol.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Vanilla - Greymane - Horde
<Akatsuki> Disbanded
<Twisted Nerve> Disbanded

Burning Crusade - Ravencrest - Horde
<Fight Club> Lack of Raiding

Wrath - Shadowmoon - Horde
<The Horsemen> Creative differences (aka 5th string 10 man)
<Plan B> Merged with Illumina
<Illumina> Currently here

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r ... 761&e=1084

My meters leave a lot to be desired. I have been the only raid leader in my guild for a long time now and due to the state that the guild is in it has turned into me being the John Madden of raiding and having to watch out for everyone and call everyone by name and keep track of every timer for every ability. This hinders my play greatly to the point I get disheartened. Hence i am looking for a place I can just DPS and avoid fire.

- Alts & their name/level:

Satsugai - 85 Blood DK
Francisbacon - 82 Tank Druid
Shinryaku - 82 Surv Hunter
Zankoku - 82 Prot/Holy Pally
Crimsonaegis - 63 Prot Warrior

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
[email protected] - Also my Real ID

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
My gf is apping to your guild, so I figured I'd try my luck.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Personally I've been forced to be in a leadership role in guilds since i started playing this game. I've been looking for a solid guild who has their shit together so i can focus on my job of stabbing things. You guys seem straight forward and to the point, I like that.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I have a custom built rig, its not anything spectacular but she gets the job done.
ASUS M3A78-T Mother Board
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
AMD Phenom 9850 Quad -Core CPU
2 Gig OCZ DDR3 Ram

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Reminiscent of Cata Beta when even looking at him from across the zone would mean death.

Katanasteel
User

Postby Katanasteel » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:58 am

Ignore the random I's everywhere. I was trying to make the app look pretty, 6 pages in I lost my place >.>

Raelorn
User

Postby Raelorn » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:01 am

First of all, very nice application. I wish people would take more time to make them look good.

These parses seem to be missing one thing in particular...you. You are only in the raid for the Halfus kill. Could you explain me your role on this fight? It also worries me you only used cold blood once. Please try to get a parse from like BH 25 so we can get an idea of your optimal DPS.

I understand the need for CC, but thats not really a rogues responsibility since ours generally sucks. What glyph would you replace Sap with?

Katanasteel
User

Postby Katanasteel » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks, making a good first impression is key.

The log situation has been a nightmare within itself. There are several logs we've been using.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/109108/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/53228/

I'll try to get you a BH parse ASAP

My job on Halfus generally consists of being kick bitch, which also means I tell my off-kicker when he is up. Check the raid for any corpses, then assign battle rezzes. Call lust. Running to open up the whelp cage and release other dragons in between kicks. Making sure the mages are ready to silence him after the roars. Also a constant mantra of "Don't stand in fucking fire." Aside from that I attempt to stab the boss from time to time.

In place of Glyph of Sap, I could use Glyph of Tricks of the Trade, thus making it free and viable part of my rotation, and upping someone's dps, another choice would be Glyph of Sprint to move out of fire and to my destination faster.

Thanks for the Feedback

reiza
User

Postby reiza » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:24 pm

I'm going to echo raelorn's concern with the lack of parses. The new ones you provided seem to leave something to be desired to be honest and I understand you're the raid leader, so I'm taking that into account. For instance in your Valiona kill on 2/2, it doesn't seem like you double potted or even single potted like you described in your application. In addition you it doesn't seem like you once utilized the overkill buff and only have 1 cold blood for a ~6 minute fight. Care to explain that and your death, which looks like it was toward to the end of the encounter.

Your gear, gem, enchant, spec, reforging choices are all correct, but anyone can find that information on multiple sites. This theme of not potting, not utilizing cooldowns, low dps is consistent throughout these parses is what concerns me. This there a good reason for this other than being the raid leader? I want to give you the benefit of the doubt that these parses don't necessarily represent what you can do.

Consider using TotT glyph in place of sap, as raelorn mentioned. Also consider macroing this into your envenom - it will use cold blood before envenom, guaranteeing a critical envenom.

#showtooltip Envenom
/cast Envenom
/cast Cold Blood

One more thing, what's your reasoning for being undead? There are four other races that have beneficial racials for rogues.

Katanasteel
User

Postby Katanasteel » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:34 pm

A lot of it is simply a lack of effort on my part. Doing something that your heart is not into anymore. That aside I feel like i should pull my app and stop wasting your time. Thanks for your time and consideration. Good luck.

reiza
User

Postby reiza » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Thanks for taking the time to fill out the application and respond promptly. I liked your MS paint picture btw.

Best of luck elsewhere!

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”