Sinthraxis, 85 Kitty

Even Baddier Baddies
Sintheros
User

Sinthraxis, 85 Kitty

Postby Sintheros » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:24 pm

The application I never thought I'd write. Here goes nothing.

Player information:
- Age & Location:
19, New York

- Usual Play Times (Server Time):
~6 PM to ~3 AM, on and off.

- Number of Testicles:

- Can you attend raids on these days:
Yes.

- Do any others have access to your account?
No

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?
No. I'm not a baboon who downloads everything on the internet and runs .exes like its my job, so I've never had a problem with keyloggers or anything similar.

- How long have you played WoW:
Since Classic.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Classic: Up to Razuvious
BC: Up to Illidan, quit during the long hole between BT and SWP.
Wrath: 9/12 ICC.
Cata: Nothing but Argaloth.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Sinthraxis, Druid.

- Race & why did you choose it:
Troll, because they're better than cow people.

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... s/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus?
Loud noises?

- Professions and why did you choose them:
Herb/Inscription. Need some money, it's my only character on the server I'm on presently. Haste is better than stam, so Herb > Mining.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Cat main, bear off. I tanked as a DK for Wrath and enjoyed it quite a bit. Bear isn't as much fun (no Death Grip :( ) but it's still tanking.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
I don't have a real offspec set. It's just my DPS gear with tank trinkets (Leaden Despair, Heart of Thunder). My gear for cat follows the following...
Agi > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Hit > Expertise
Hit and expertise are actually a DPS loss for cats at the moment. The math's on EJ, the official forums, and MMO Champion, and I'd rather not copy-paste enormous articles here, but the math's there. Seems broken. Probably is. Probably'll change. In the meantime, hit's not worth it.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Cat: Shred/Rip/Tiger's Fury. TF is the only iffy one, it could be Savage Roar. It would be Savage Roar if hit and expertise (and by extension white hits) mattered more.
Bear: Mangle/Lacerate/Berserk. There aren't other options.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Cat doesn't have a rotation. Keep up the following:
-Faerie Fire
-Mangle
-Rake
-Rip
-Savage Roar
-Tiger's Fury on CD
-Ferocious Bite as an execute
-Berserk for leet deeps.
-Shred shred shred shred shred shred shred.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
Stone Guard, on my Shaman from Vanilla. I haven't PVP'd seriously since cross-server was implemented. It took the fun out of the only good BG, AV.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Classic:
-Unholy Tempest (Horde - Smolderthorn, disbanded)

BC:
-Ninja Pirates from Space (Alliance - Andorhal, better players jumped ship)
-Blacklisted (Alliance - Andorhal, then Korgath, disbanded)

Wrath:
-(random guild with friends) (Alliance - Archimonde, disbanded)
-Invictus (Alliance - Alexstrasza, disbanded)
-Alpha (Alliance - Ysera, burnout)
-Ninja Pirates from Space (again) (Alliance - Andorhal, they went horde and I didn't feel like switching over)

Cata:
-(another random guild with friends) (Horde - Arthas, not going anywhere in terms of raiding)

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
I don't have a good one of my Druid and random BG queues dont like working. Here's one of my DK, the UIs are very similar. If I get a good screenshot I'll switch them.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
I've done no real raiding in cata yet. The best I can give you is this one of Argaloth last week. Keep in mind I was only shredding half as often as I could have, because the pugs were afraid of meteor slash. I don't know why it says it was a wipe, it wasn't.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oogs ... ?s=3&e=288

- Alts & their name/level:
Sintheros, 80 Gnome DK Tank, Kel'thuzad.
Areoth, 70 Gnome Mage, Archimonde.
Areo, 60 Tauren Resto Shaman, Smolderthorn.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
[email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
I know nobody personally. I was in Blacklisted for the entirety of Burning Crusade, hence the irony of this application.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Because I'm horde presently, and if I'm looking for a quality horde guild, why not come here first? I recognize names from BC, and that's a good sign of stability.
If you're looking for any achivements of sorts, try my Death Knight, as I played him for Wrath, not this druid. Though, my only claim to fame is a Black Proto Drake.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I use an Alienware M17 hooked up to a mouse/monitor/keyboard and pretend its a desktop. 4 GB of RAM. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3870 for a video card. I'm not sure what my typical FPS is during raids, but I've never had FPS issues on any boss other than tanking Marrowgar due to the giant blue bloom effects from the icy spire behind him.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
This is my connection at home, rather than at school. My connection at school is superior to this. I could link that one when I return from break.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
I DREW YOU AN INNOCENT FISH. HE IS VERY HAPPY TO BE A FISH.

Sintheros
User

Postby Sintheros » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:43 am

Apparently I can't edit my own posts. Here are some UI shots of my druid rather than my DK.

Showing raid/party frames
In cat form with proper bars

Sintheros
User

Postby Sintheros » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:00 am

Another one from today, only the second attempt really went anywhere. Still at 20% wipe though. Terrible groups are terrible.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/shs3 ... =420&e=726

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:17 am

it's fine not to have an authenticator up until the point where people rely on you for something. at that point it's a good idea to take the extra step to protect your account. i don't think anyone intends on having issues and there's a first time for everything. are you against using the iphone authenticator (what i use) or getting a token?

maybe i missed it but you posted an armory link to your dk.. can we see your druid, which is what you're applying as? also why are you switching mains again?

how do you feel about changing professions to benefit the raid? gathering professions are typically not the best for any raider.

do you feel that you're good enough at a second spec to play it as backup in a raid? for example last night we needed an extra healer, so one of our dps respecced.

what boss mod do you use?

i've spoken to an officer in two of your previous guilds. they said that you're a reliable raider who always shows up but you're kind of annoying and have a history of standing in fire. have things changed? how would you compare your performance in vanilla and tbc compared to now? how about your age.. you'd be younger than most of the people in simple math. are you mature for your age? do you see anything coming up (college job etc) that would prevent you from raiding?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Sintheros
User

Postby Sintheros » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:42 pm

Eh? The armory link there is definitely the druid. Are we looking at the same link?

I switched off my DK mostly because I only enjoyed tanking on him, and would rather be benched than sit through the borefest that is DK DPS. A tank who didn't want to DPS ever when called to isn't a desirable tank. Druids can both do more and the playstyles to each are unique from eachother. More fun and more adaptability.

I'm not against using an authenticator, I just have never seen the need. I could get one if it would make people feel better.

I could change herbalism to something more beneficial if the need be.

I could definitely swap to bear if it cam up for a raid, though my gear probably isn't optimal to perform too well in it. I'm not as familiar with bear, but there isn't a whole lot to manage minus popping CDs properly, and that applies to any tank.

DBM.

History of standing in fire eh? I wonder who you spoke to and how long ago it was. There's a nice story about Doom Lord Kazzak that involves blowing people up, but that was a long time ago. BC I was 15-16...I'd like to think I'm better at this now than I was then. As for annoying, that's probably misguided dedication. I've been the youngest or one of the youngest before, and I've never really had any troubles because of it in a guild for quite some time. As for scheduling, I've never got any classes that run past 6 PM any given semester. A job would be something entirely different, but that wouldn't be until the summer at the earliest, and I can't foresee it interfering this late into the evening.

Sintheros
User

Postby Sintheros » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Here's the armory link again if the one at the top isn't working for you, but it's definitely the druid.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:49 pm

I like your paint

Veloxic
User

Re: Sinthraxis, 85 Kitty

Postby Veloxic » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:36 pm

Sintheros wrote:- Race & why did you choose it:
Troll, because they're better than cow people.

I object to this :D.

Sintheros wrote:- Link to Battle.net Armory:

There's a few problems I found via your armory, the biggest being your meta. I can understand ferals choosing different options given the confusing state of meta gems atm, but REALLY, a PvP meta? Thundering or any Relentless cut would be MUCH better. I also question your choice of using 2 talent points to drop the CD on Skull Bash, when there are numerous classes in a raid that bring the interrupts without such sacrifice.

There is also the issue of offspec, and you acknowledged you're not too familiar with bear spec, having only 1/3 Perseverance is a good example of this. I'm making a bit of an assumption here, but given that we have a fair number of offtanks already, Grouch likely wanted to know if you had enough skill as a tree to be a viable healer.

Sintheros wrote:- Professions and why did you choose them:
Herb/Inscription. Need some money, it's my only character on the server I'm on presently. Haste is better than stam, so Herb > Mining.

Grouch has asked this question already, but as a follow up to that, which profession would you swap to if you dropped herbalism?

Sintheros wrote:- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
I don't have a real offspec set. It's just my DPS gear with tank trinkets (Leaden Despair, Heart of Thunder). My gear for cat follows the following...

Your cat stat priority is more or less good, but you'd need to have a real offspec set, no matter what spec that is. You can't expect to be able to do heroic-25 man content without it.

Sintheros wrote:- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Cat doesn't have a rotation. Keep up the following:
-Faerie Fire
-Mangle
-Rake
-Rip
-Savage Roar
-Tiger's Fury on CD
-Ferocious Bite as an execute
-Berserk for leet deeps.
-Shred shred shred shred shred shred shred.

While it's true that cat doesn't have a rotation, give me a priority list here. In what order would your use abilities, and at what time/conditions would some of them have.

- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

I looked at your druid's UI and couldn't see it, so what do you use for tracking buffs and debuff on a mob?

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
I've done no real raiding in cata yet. The best I can give you is this one of Argaloth last week. Keep in mind I was only shredding half as often as I could have, because the pugs were afraid of meteor slash. I don't know why it says it was a wipe, it wasn't.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oogs ... ?s=3&e=288

We'll need a better WoL. There's a world of difference between a log with one boss where you can't shred and a log with multiple bosses.

Sintheros
User

Postby Sintheros » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:23 pm

-I'm not sure Thundering is better than Impassive, but I don't really know the numbers. As for Relentless, if I could drop enough reds for blues to make Relentless work, why wouldn't I just use Chaotic? The meta requirements are rather broken.

-A 10 second interrupt definitely has its uses. Where would you see the points instead? There certainly aren't any DPS-increasing talents I'm missing, and if I was getting something like Infected Wounds, you could argue the same exact point (many classes already bring this effect).

-The bear spec I wasn't so sure about. It's only been used to tank 5-mans at this point. I'm guessing you'd throw out Primal Madness for the other two points? I haven't had to use it in any serious scenarios, hence the lack of a 'real' set of gear for the spec.

-Most likely Jewelcrafting. Engineering's always appealing, but those helmets will become outdated as the tiers increase (unless they upgrade the helmets).

-It's pretty much in that order. FF and Mangle come first, then keep Rake up, then Shred a bit until I have 5 CPs. Then you TF the energy back, use the +15% to throw Rip on and cheat the damage. Rip is more important than Savage Roar, particularly with how our stats weigh at the moment. Ferocious Bite isn't used outside of 25% unless I've got 5 CPs from a bunch of crits and Rip/SR aren't about to fall off any time soon. At some point during the fight Rip and SR are going to fall off at the same time. Rip gets back on first.

-Buffs, while important, don't need to be in my face all the time. They stay up in the top right corner. Debuffs appear directly above my portrait right near the center of the screen, as those are much more important to see immediately.

-I'll try to get a better WoL...what boss/bosses would you want to see though? There's no raid bosses I can really access but Argaloth, and his logs aren't so helpful.

Veloxic
User

Postby Veloxic » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:42 pm

Well, as I said I'm not sure we're really looking for you as bear offspec, given we have 2 ferals(including myself) with tank offspecs already. In order to justify other offtanks they'd likely have to be a different class, thus Grouch's question asking if you could heal well.

You're definitely right about IW, since it's provided by tanks and is their duty to put up, but there are better uses for those 2 pts. Somewhat of it is up to personal preference, but SI is very helpful in fights that have predictable damage sources to save your life and make the healers job easier.

As far as bear spec goes, yes Primal Madness is infinitely less useful for bosses than an additional 4% magic damage reduction.

My question about addons was more to make sure that you have something, the form and style are irrelevant so long as they work for you.

Argaloth logs where you shred are fine, because there's a predictable low damage phase we can account for. If you truly can't give us anything else then a few heroic runs would have to suffice.

Sintheros
User

Postby Sintheros » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:29 pm

I haven't been a healer since Classic, and a whole lot has changed since then. I'm not going to lie and say that I'd be competent at it haven't not done it for 4 years.

I've already got Argaloth dead for the week, and it's fairly hard to get a group to let you not stack on your tank when he's going to get meteor slashed, even though 4 people stacked is still enough disperse the damage. Maybe I can find a group doing BWD or BOT pugs, even though they'll likely not get a single boss down.

Veloxic
User

Postby Veloxic » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:11 pm

I understand it's difficult, but where there's a will there's a way. Hell, make your own groups if you can't get a pug to work.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:45 am

You available to chat with us sometime Wednesday night around 11:30 or 12?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Sintheros
User

Postby Sintheros » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:57 am

*Also, if you have flooded different guilds with your application you will most likely be accepted by another guild by the time an officer begins to read over or respond to your app. Simple Math is not desperate for members.

This is fairly true. This app has been withdrawn.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”