Bitrix Enhance shaman

Even Baddier Baddies
bitrix
User

Bitrix Enhance shaman

Postby bitrix » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 25, Wisconsin
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Varies, but usually after around 3-4pm till around 3-4am
- Number of Testicles: 8
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: yes
-- Wednesday: yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): yes
-- Saturday (optional): 3/4 weeks a month
-- Sunday: 3/4 weeks a month
- Do any others have access to your account? no
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? yes
- How long have you played WoW: ive been playing wo since about 6 months after release, this is my second account so my /played wont reflect that, but it is what it is
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): currently i have cleared 11/12 heroic ICC 25, everything excluding heroic Lich King and heroic Halion 25.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Bitrix, Shaman

- Race & why did you choose it: Originally i chose orc because it was the only horde race that had a decent racial dps racial. I knew that i was planning to raid with em and wanted to "min/max" only after i really got into enhance did i learn just how important it was to be an orc.

- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Bitrix

- Can you describe the ruckus? im going to assume this is an inside joke, but ill humor you guys.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ruckus was a free ad-supported online music service available to students at all American colleges.

- Professions and why did you choose them:I am currently a JC/engineer. Jc offers the best stat options with flexibility. Engineer is a bit more complicated. I was an alchemist all the way through WoTLK untill t10. My 2 piece t10 makes shamanistic rage a 1 min dps CD and the 1 min haste glove enchant was just too awesome to pass up. That of course was when haste was the be all end all stat for enhance to be stacking. Also along with the glove enchant you also get rocket boots, which i believe every raider should have for those oh shit moments. They are just way too handy, and are probably the single enchant that can completely change the outcome of an encounter.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I have dual spec, but i use my second spec for mainly a PvP spec, as i really don't enjoy either elemental or resto. And ill be honest im no where near as good as i am with enhancement.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: My gearing for enhance set, is pretty standard with a few slight deviations. Pre patch 4.0.1 The setup i was using included the TAiAJ trinket, a different ring, and a different main hand. With the patch changes to enhancement and haste gearing changed significantly. Agi becoming the be all end all stat and haste dropping towards the bottom of the totem pole. I subbed in H WFS and picked up the expertise ring. I also had to do loads of regemming in order to make it all work they way it needed to. As far as my offspec goes, like i said its just a pvp spec.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: for my prime glyphs i use stormstrike, lava lash, and feral spirit glyphs. These have been theory crafted by the enchancement community to be the highest dps. Major glyphs are pretty boring, the only mandatory glyph is the lightning sheild glyph. I also use the ghost wolf glyph for more mobility in movement fights, and i use the healing stream glyph that gives your healing stream totem a resistance aura for a bit of utility. I'm going to assume that you're not interested in minor glyphs as they are typically unimportant.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Well enhancement doesen't have a "rotation per-se, but rather a priority que. My que looks something like this, SW on boss, MW5, ST if not up, LL, SS, FS, ES, SR on boss.
spirit wolves on boss, maelstrom 5 lightning bolt, searing totem if not up, lava lash, storm strike, flame shock, earth shock, shamanistic rage + gloves + racial when trikets proc.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Nothing to speak of, i dont do alot of serious PvP as until recently enhance has been pretty terrible in pvp. I do very much enjoy premade BG's however.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Methodical on arygos- i left due to not getting along with the "management"
clout mace on kilrogg- my current guild which is planning on disbanding in the near future (days not weeks) due to utter failure /sadface

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
this is my guilds WoL
http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/878/

- Alts & their name/level:
Bìt 80 hunter, izzìe 80 mage, tayber 80 paladin, wrek 80 dk, Blexx 80 warlock, gaile 75 preist,

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
[email protected] school email.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
i found you guys the wowprogress.com. I do not know anyone from Simple math.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Well i like that you guys are on a pvp server. Ive played on PvE servers and i wanna try something new. I think it adds a unique aspect to the game. Simple math is a step up in progression, i don't like to move back wards in progression, as it makes all the work that i have put into the game seem pointless.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
3.0 GHZ quad core, 4GB ram, ati radion 4600, depends on the fight for the most part, but i can expect 60fps and typically and when there is alot of spell detal and stuff going on lowest ill get is maybe 30 fps, i definately dont have a shutter effect when playing the game.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:00 am

I know enhancement is pretty poor dps atm but do you feel the parse on the 11th is a good representation of your dps? What's your experience with H LK 25 and H Halion 25? Do you personally have issues with defile placement or cutters on those fights?

You use totem timers for tracking totems? Did you raid on your shaman during sunwell? I am kind of disappointed that you have little interest in offspecs but it's certainly not the end of the world. How much reforging have you done?

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:08 am

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:54 pm

I know enhancement is pretty poor dps atm but do you feel the parse on the 11th is a good representation of your dps?

im trying to figure out which parse youre looking at. I see a lot of 11's as it is November, but i dont see any parses that take place on the date the 11th. The last two weeks or so, we have been focusing on finishing up mounts for people so take a look back a little earlier. I would say a good parse to look at is 26-10 of last month.

What's your experience with H LK 25 and H Halion 25? Do you personally have issues with defile placement or cutters on those fights?

H Lich king 25 I feel fairly confident with, Ive seen up till phase 2.5 on heroic. I haven't had much practice with the "down phases" but the rest of the mechanics im fairly comfortable with. As far as defile goes, you wont see me as the mele that tunnels and drops it right in the path of valks, i tend to move out well before the defile is cast. I find defile placements in p3 to be just as simple.

Halion I feel fairly comfortable with as well. On this fight our cleansers and those with the debuff are usually the ones to fuck it up, this i dont understand as it is super easy to manage. As far as cutters go, i dont have much trouble, though from time to time i can miss judge distances and gt gibbed.

You use totem timers for tracking totems?

yes i use totem timers for my totems, i also use shock and awe which you cant actually see in that SS. Ill post a link to an in combat SS. http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss29 ... 213746.jpg

Did you raid on your shaman during sunwell?

Unfortunately no, i did not play my shaman during sunwell, at the time i played an alliance warlock. I saw a little of sunwell, but never cleared much pre patch. I started this account with WoTLK, and rolled horde to play with a RL friend of mine. This was of course before you could faction change.

I am kind of disappointed that you have little interest in offspecs but it's certainly not the end of the world.

For cataclysm i plan on keeping an ele offspec, as much as i love enhance im very worried of its potential. it needs alot of attention right now, but blizz isnt doing much to handle it. SOOOO to combat poor early performance and therefore stunted for an entire expo im going to have a "back up" spec to play if enhance is complete garbage at 85.

How much reforging have you done?

i have taken full advantage of reforging. ive had to play around alot with hit and exp caps as well as trying to get as much mastery as i can atm.

feel free to post anymore questions for me as well.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:09 pm

That's my mistake, total brainfart on the parse date. The parse on the 9th, the Tuesday of this week. Do you feel that log is a good representation of your dps?

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:19 pm

For some fights its pretty standard, but as a whole no. If you notice we had several wipes (intentional) as we were working on achievements, i dont think that every fight is a good representation of what i can do, but i do think some of the fights are pretty accurate as far as dps goes. Roughly 15k is what ill do on saurfang, 11-13k on a medium movement fight, and on a heavy movement fight with alot of target switching (ldw) ill do anywhere from 7-12k it really depends on how things flow. They arent the best numbers, but thats kinda the state of enhancement right now.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:47 pm

I'll look at the parse of the 26th of October when I get a chance and go by that then. I absolutely do not expect to be seeing enhance anywhere near the top of meters and as you said that has very little to do with the player but more to do with the class itself.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:34 pm

able to get on vent and have a talk with us on sunday night, around 10 1030 est?

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:10 pm

possibly, my wife is dragging me to her mothers this weekend for her mothers birthday, we will be home sunday evening, but i don't know what time. I can try and make the time, but i really cant promise anything.

Autonomy
User

Postby Autonomy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Expertise cap is 23/23 currently, not 26/26.
You'd be better off with 16 agi on your boots, switching the gem in your chest to agi/hit, and reforging for any other hit you need and putting agi gems where you currently have your excess hit gems. Yeah, you lose a bit of mastery, but agility is better than mastery and you'd get more agility by reforging for that hit.
Glyphs are fine, spec is fine.
Why do you have an agi/haste gem in your legs but not your belt or gloves? We get 2 AP from agi now, making those 2 bonuses better than the +12 AP one you're getting in your legs because of the crit we also gain from agi.

Baowulf
User

Postby Baowulf » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:27 pm

You should try 22 expertise I think the blue posts about 23 is wrong. On a heroic dummy 100000 swings later I had zero dodges.

sacira
User

Postby sacira » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Baowulf wrote:You should try 22 expertise I think the blue posts about 23 is wrong. On a heroic dummy 100000 swings later I had zero dodges.

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Autonomy wrote:Expertise cap is 23/23 currently, not 26/26.
You'd be better off with 16 agi on your boots, switching the gem in your chest to agi/hit, and reforging for any other hit you need and putting agi gems where you currently have your excess hit gems. Yeah, you lose a bit of mastery, but agility is better than mastery and you'd get more agility by reforging for that hit.
Glyphs are fine, spec is fine.
Why do you have an agi/haste gem in your legs but not your belt or gloves? We get 2 AP from agi now, making those 2 bonuses better than the +12 AP one you're getting in your legs because of the crit we also gain from agi.

!! alot of information there, AS far as expertise goes, i read the post but haven't gotten around to testing it myself. Like Baowulf said you cant always believe everything you read. I guess you could say i was playing it safe.

As far as hit rating goes, after getting rid of the TaIAJ (264) i really had to scramble to make my hit make caps. I did a lot of reforgeing, as well as playing with gems to make it happen and i was trying to get as much mastery as i could find. I remember at the time i got the enchant i was just a little behind in hit and just found out that engineering enchants stacked with enchanting enchants, so i popped it on there and havent thought of it much since then.

The agi haste gem is simply over sight. The whole reason of the gem is just to meet meta req's. Anyways, yes it probably should migrate to my belt ( im looking at getting the tier gloves for a lil added hit, i loose a socket but gain enough hit to be able to actually gain agi and mastery from the deal, i havent worked out all the numbers yet, but i think it makes sense given the current state of things)

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:35 pm

hey guys, I'm home from my in law's place this weekend so ill be able to make the 10pm interview if you're still planning on it. Ill need the info so ill log onto the server a bit before 10 to get it.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:43 pm

I pmed you the vent info the other day.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”