- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: yes
-- Tuesday: yes
-- Wednesday: yes
-- Thursday: yes
-- Friday (optional): yes
-- Saturday (optional): yes
-- Sunday: yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? No, never felt the need to. Never been hacked.
- How long have you played WoW: 3 and a half years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I was pretty new to the game in TBC. I was able to complete T4. I killed void reaver, alar, and solarian in TK. The Lurker, tide walker, and Leo the blind in SSC. Got 4/5 in MH. Got the first 5 in BT. I never got into Sunwell. As for Wotlk I have killed almost everything. Perfection on H TOC 25 has eluded me as has a heroic lk kill and a h halion kill, although I have slain him in 10 man. I played on a low population server called Uldum during TBC and so there was not very many raiding guilds or people to raid with. All the progress I made was with a group of players from various guilds. We were able to plan raids and assemble using an in-game channel we made.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Restonub, druid
- Race & why did you choose it: tauren, that’s the only choice for a druid
- Link to Armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Restonub
Not sure if this will work. Armory has been buggy lately. Sometimes it up to date and other times its not.
- Can you describe the ruckus? I do not understand this question.
- Professions and why did you choose them: Leatherworking and Enchanting. Enchanting for the ring enchants. Leatherworking because I where leather. Chose these professions in BC.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I was the only resto druid in my current guild up until the last week or two. Because of this I have only been playing resto because this is want my guild wanted throughout Wotlk. If I was to choose an offspec it would probably be boomkin.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: I use the best gear I have. Once I reached 1016 haste for the extra tick of my hots I socketed specifically for intel. I reforged the spirit on my gear for crit since my hots can crit now and spirit is pretty much useless now as a healer.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: innervate, wild growth, rebirth. There are only about 3 for each category that are raid viable so I use those by default.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? I have been the only resto druid in my current guild for almost all of Wotlk and thus that’s the only spec I am fully geared for and extremely good at. I have been changing my spec around a lot after 4.0 patch, because some specs are very good for tank healing and others for raid healing. As resto I either main tank heal or raid heal depending on the way I spec. If I raid heal I cast rejuv on the ranged dps and wild growth on the melee. I will swift mend a melee target so they get the aoe heal eflouressence as well. For main tank healing you just stack up lifebloom and cast nourish. Helps to keep up rejuv and occasionally cast a quick regrowth. Nourish is cheap mana wise and refreshes your lifebloom stacks so its good to spam. The only downside is it’s a long cast so your gear and gems should favor haste.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Didn’t play in vanilla. Best I have done pvp wise is challenger.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: My current guild is falling apart and is likely to be a 10 man guild in cata. We are also only 11/12 heroic mode. I want to join your guild for a few reasons. One I want to be in a 25 guild for cata. Two I want to kill heroic lk. And lastly, my current server is very high populated and there will be 5 hour+ queue times to log in and level for cata. I want to escape that.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz35 ... 202650.jpg

This was before 4.0. I have changed one or two things around since. I use grid, clique and recount.
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: This raid was with 7 healers. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o1ip9ml2fqohp5fj/

This raid was with 6 healers. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-04tr7ek5u6jzmc9x/
- Alts & their name/level: I play on Illidan. I have a 80 rogue named seek destroy.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): email: [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: on the worldofwarcraft.com guild recruitment forums. I don’t know anyone.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I would like to play in a good horde guild.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Gateway. Intel i7. Nvidia GTX 260. 9 GB of memory. 750GB hard drive.
I get 60fps in raids unless I run fraps.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below. I use AT&T DSL. It is very reliable. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1016200423.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz35 ... lemath.jpg

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:24 pm

So you have little to no interest in playing an offspec such as boomkin? What is your experience on H LK 25, and H Halion 25? What were your typical healing assignments on these fights? If I assigned you to raid healing, what do you feel your other responsibilities would be? If you feel spirit is of little value and have reforged some pieces already, why haven't you changed your shoulder and helm enchants? I'm also curious about your 1/2 pts in swift rejuvenation, I was under the impression that it was bugged and works incorrectly when doing so.

Restonub
User

Postby Restonub » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:05 pm

I don't mind playing an offspec, I just don't have as much experience because I have been playing restoration throughout this expansion. Also my resto gear is alot better than my boomkin gear. My boomkin set lacks a few pieces of gear such as trinkets. My guild has struggled on H LK because we only had one discipline priest and one holy pally. Because of this I only really have experience in phases 1-3. For H halion I have killed him on 10 man and 25 man is only a little bit different with the adds spawning in the light realm. As a healer my job is pretty much the same as usual: heal raid and dispell consumption when the time is appropriate. Regardless of what realm I am in I would stay stacked up with the raid. This allows for better aoe healing. Inside - avoid cutter beams. Outside - avoid the fire and meteors. For halion I was raid healer and for lich king I was main tank healer (can only effectively spam heal one tank so a second healer is needed for the other tank).

If I was assigned to raid healing my responsibilities are to heal raid and cleanse. If the raid is taking little damage, then i can hot up the tank. If there is no healing to be done I can cast a few dots on the boss. My only hesitation on changing my shoulder and helm enchants was that I would lose intel which equates to sp, mana, and essentially mana regen. However I did change them because I am not having mana problems and I do gain a little sp and crit, while only losing mana and spirit (which isnt really a loss). As for my spec, i had been testing out whether or not the swift rejuvenation was bugged. It is, so I was forced to put 2 points into it. Without the 2 points my haste only drops my gcd to roughly 1.1. With the 2 points my gcd is 1.0 regardless of my how much haste I do or dont have. Hopefully the armory is up to date now and properly reflects my spec. My main spec would be my raiding healing spec and my offspec would be my tank healing spec.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:41 pm

not really interested - best of luck elsewhere.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”