Moosenucklez - Death Knight - Blood / Unholy

Even Baddier Baddies
Moosenucklez
User

Moosenucklez - Death Knight - Blood / Unholy

Postby Moosenucklez » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 26 South Carolina EST
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Weekdays randomly throughout the day, very little on fri sat bc of work
- Number of Testicles: 2, big ones at that
- Can you attend raids on these days: Yes
-- Monday:
-- Tuesday:
-- Wednesday:
-- Thursday:
-- Friday (optional): Work nights
-- Saturday (optional): Work Nights
-- Sunday:
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: 68 days /played
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 11/12 H ICC farmed for aa long time now as both tank and DPS, 12/12 H ICC 10 man clear as tank and dps. H RS ~10% many attempts as 3rd tank (Add Tank)

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Moosenucklez Death Knight
- Race & why did you choose it: Tauren
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/search.xml?sea ... chType=all
- Can you describe the ruckus? huh?
- Professions and why did you choose them: 450 JC/ Alch Bonus from bold gems, AP bonus from alch
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Blood, Unholy play each spec equally well
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Main (tank)- All Bis gear, need 3 H tokens and wep From H LK Offspec (unholy) Mostly 277 gear w a few 264 pieces, Still need DBW, H RS trink, tokens.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Tank, I use rune strike DnD, and DRW all for threat as primes Unholy glyphs are set in stone pretty much Via Considers post on EJ
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Dont pvp much
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Exiled from Hell, Daytime raiding guild, great group of guys couldnt make raid times anymore due to RL issues
Fallout- Spoke w Nisay about this can go over again in an interview if needed.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:Image
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: Me tanking H LK, can see that CDs were used often and at the right times, attempt was a kill dont know why it saying we wiped.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t31u7x5qcy61nzy2/
- Alts & their name/level: Camelnuckle 80 - Boomkin
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] email goes to my phone
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Nisay response to my forum post.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? LF a good group of organized players that will be ready when cata comes out. Wanna see some World/ Realm/Server Firsts!!
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Gaming PC 12gb ram, 1gb Video card, Max FPS in raid at ultra setting, I turn down for H LK so i can see shadow traps spawn points better.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below. Image
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional. LOL

phazon
User

Postby phazon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:31 pm

well a few things i can point out with just a quick overview.

1. when exactly did you start playing the game?
2. what is your past raiding history and heroic boss kill history?
3.a. need more logs, all you gave us was a single attempt on 10 man heroic LK, im pretty sure no one would feel safe to even consider you without more logs.
3.b. you used bone shield 3 times in a 10 min attempt, why?, its a 1 min cooldown.
4. your app looks very half assed and you didnt go into detail on anything about tanking or encounters, and as a tank people would like to know what your doing rather than just saying "i follow EJ". such as how you prioitize spells now due to runic empowerment that was introduced and what you do to generate maximum threat.
5. as a offspec DPS i personally would like to know what you do when you dps, logs would help as well.
6. you have an alch profession, yet in the logs you dont use a single pot, why?
Stormingire: What do you think she is doing Carbon?
Carbonlight: Fondling her pink socket?

merk
User

Postby merk » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Your app is rather ... short.

What is your intended spec / role come cat?
What do you do such that you work nights ... but only on Friday & Saturday. Would you ever need to change that?
What is your analysis regarding gearing? Would this change at all in cat?
You are missing a lot of stuff earlier then about ToGC. Expand more on your experience section.
How open are you to renaming ... suggestions?

My primary concern however is that since the app is so thin there is very little to determine if you would need hand-holding or would be able to make your own decisions (on the fly as necessary) as conditions change. Even more especially from a tank I need to know that you are able to evaluate things and fix them as needed. Which could be anything from changing the tanking spot, to determining (based on seeing it for the first time in progression) that a certain boss ability requires a cooldown cycle on you, to knowing to tell dps that threat will be particularly slow and they need to watch it.

Moosenucklez
User

Postby Moosenucklez » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:04 pm

1. when exactly did you start playing the game?
2. what is your past raiding history and heroic boss kill history?
3.a. need more logs, all you gave us was a single attempt on 10 man heroic LK, im pretty sure no one would feel safe to even consider you without more logs.
3.b. you used bone shield 3 times in a 10 min attempt, why?, its a 1 min cooldown.
4. your app looks very half assed and you didnt go into detail on anything about tanking or encounters, and as a tank people would like to know what your doing rather than just saying "i follow EJ". such as how you prioitize spells now due to runic empowerment that was introduced and what you do to generate maximum threat.
5. as a offspec DPS i personally would like to know what you do when you dps, logs would help as well.
6. you have an alch profession, yet in the logs you dont use a single pot, why?

1. Began playing in BC didnt start raiding hardcore until Wrath.
2. Naxx 25 Very little when it was relevant later cleared, Ulduar 25 Cleared with Alone in Darkness, ToGC 49 attempts I believe was my best run
3. Idk what to do about logs at this point, my current guild isnt raiding until cata and maybe I could wait till next tuesday and run my own but thats a ways away and theres no clue if we will even raid then, We didnt this week.
3b. I have 7-8 Cds used through out that fight Mostly used on boss abilities and situations where the heaLers were burdened
4. Sorry If I was short, Since 4.0 DKs took a big hit on burst threat and they didnt give us our free cast rune strike yet (grr) To remedy that I open up with diseases and a HS and pop DRW as soon as i can, that normally will hold the bosses if its a fight where I have to move him (Ex. H LK) then DS HSx4 etc etc.. Blood tap when I run out of Death and blood runes. ERW I usually save for mid fight if i need DRW again and I use it in mid to end rotation. As far as tanking goes I research fights before I attempt them Mostly Tankspot, My theorycrafting come from pwnwear mostly for DK tanking
5. I have No logs of me DPSing, again idk what u would like me to do about that, seen around 10k on a dummy, I have been tanking for some time now.
6. Had some indestructible pots on me but really didnt feel the need for them.

Moosenucklez
User

Postby Moosenucklez » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:19 pm

[/quote] Your app is rather ... short.

What is your intended spec / role come cat?
What do you do such that you work nights ... but only on Friday & Saturday. Would you ever need to change that?
What is your analysis regarding gearing? Would this change at all in cat?
You are missing a lot of stuff earlier then about ToGC. Expand more on your experience section.
How open are you to renaming ... suggestions?

My primary concern however is that since the app is so thin there is very little to determine if you would need hand-holding or would be able to make your own decisions (on the fly as necessary) as conditions change. Even more especially from a tank I need to know that you are able to evaluate things and fix them as needed. Which could be anything from changing the tanking spot, to determining (based on seeing it for the first time in progression) that a certain boss ability requires a cooldown cycle on you, to knowing to tell dps that threat will be particularly slow and they need to watch it.

1. Blood tanking aswell Prob gonna do 36/0/6 With new points going into BcB and Epidemic
2. I bartend on the weekends and no those are the only days I work.
3. IM assuming Mastery will become more relevant in cata, and also we may see Dks start to gem and reforge away from stam and into something else but theres no way to tell as of now.
4. answered that above.
5. Renaming??? why? I mean I dont really care but whats the problem

Knowing when to use use Cds is part of the Researching/Learning Of which I do A LOT/ Quickly, As a tank my main responsibilities Keep Threat, Position/face the boss correctly, all my Cds are macrod to spam when Used I also am very verbal in vent, As far as threat goes I keep an eye on omen and normally try to up my threat before ill tell a dps to back off or call for a salv on them.
I apologize for being short before in answering these question I see what U were talking about.

phazon
User

Postby phazon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Moosenucklez wrote:
1. Began playing in BC didnt start raiding hardcore until Wrath.
2. Naxx 25 Very little when it was relevant later cleared, Ulduar 25 Cleared with Alone in Darkness, ToGC 49 attempts I believe was my best run
3. Idk what to do about logs at this point, my current guild isnt raiding until cata and maybe I could wait till next tuesday and run my own but thats a ways away and theres no clue if we will even raid then, We didnt this week.
3b. I have 7-8 Cds used through out that fight Mostly used on boss abilities and situations where the heaLers were burdened
4. Sorry If I was short, Since 4.0 DKs took a big hit on burst threat and they didnt give us our free cast rune strike yet (grr) To remedy that I open up with diseases and a HS and pop DRW as soon as i can, that normally will hold the bosses if its a fight where I have to move him (Ex. H LK) then DS HSx4 etc etc.. Blood tap when I run out of Death and blood runes. ERW I usually save for mid fight if i need DRW again and I use it in mid to end rotation. As far as tanking goes I research fights before I attempt them Mostly Tankspot, My theorycrafting come from pwnwear mostly for DK tanking
5. I have No logs of me DPSing, again idk what u would like me to do about that, seen around 10k on a dummy, I have been tanking for some time now.
6. Had some indestructible pots on me but really didnt feel the need for them.

3.a. i can say that we can easily analyze logs from a while back to judge skill, but with what you gave us it begs the question of where is the rest of ICC / i feel doubtful you did a singular attempt on heroic 10 LK and than left.
3.b. due to the nature of boneshield being a 1 min cooldown and costing only 1 rune and it increasing your own damage by 2% which means threat and making the next 3 hits against you 20% less damage, i rly dont see why it shouldn't be up more, as well as when in the transition phases because its a 5 min buff why isnt it being popped to prepare of the next target.
4. due to runic empowerment i would like to know how you prioritize spells because in order to maximize your threat it should be taken advantage of rather than sticking to a rotation. that and (correct me if im wrong) but death strike holds more of a priority over heart strike now adays yet the ratio of your heart strikes to death strikes is 3 to 1.
5.if no logs i would like to know how you play it to do maximum damage, because as a tank coming in you may sometimes be asked a lot to be a dps.
6. the log you posted is also from the same night that you actually killed heroic LK on 10 man for the first time, first where is the log of the kill? and second because you havent ever killed him before it seems almost kinda fool-hardy to feel you shouldnt use pots, also because it was a 10 man you were the only supply for your scarlet fever buff, and its uptime is horrid, it is a 10% reduction on the bosses physical damage, this concerns me.

you are apping to a top 50 US guild and the only log you gave us isnt even a kill nor did you care to do some abilities available to you, if you intend to impress us i would suggest giving a log in which you actually tried.

phazon
User

Postby phazon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:43 pm

i stand corrected, you did actually kill him that night and that was the log of the kill. even than where are the attempts of it before the killing attempt, as well as the rest of ICC. and it still concerns me that you didnt feel you should use abilities when you havent actually ever kill him until literally last night.

Moosenucklez
User

Postby Moosenucklez » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:33 pm

there was no attempts before it and we extended the raid lockout from last weeks 25 man that was already 11/12

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:39 pm

On H LK 25, what was your role typically, did you tank or dps? As far as raiding with your guild did you have more of a "main" tank vibe or were you an offtank? How much responsibility as far as getting raids going / starting pulls did you have? Do you have issues with defile placement on HLK 25 or cutters on Halion 25? Do you feel that your shoulder enchant is correct, do you feel that 1/ 3 epidemic is correct? I feel it would be in your best interests to get some of logs of either you dpsing or tanking in a 25 man setting, preferably dpsing. Also do you count down pulls?

Moosenucklez
User

Postby Moosenucklez » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:57 pm

On H LK 25, what was your role typically, did you tank or dps? As far as raiding with your guild did you have more of a "main" tank vibe or were you an offtank? How much responsibility as far as getting raids going / starting pulls did you have? Do you have issues with defile placement on HLK 25 or cutters on Halion 25? Do you feel that your shoulder enchant is correct, do you feel that 1/ 3 epidemic is correct? I feel it would be in your best interests to get some of logs of either you dpsing or tanking in a 25 man setting, preferably dpsing. Also do you count down pulls?

On H LK I tanked LK, only time I wasnt tanking him was we called out for a tank swap bc the OT was out of Cds so he would take the boss and I would go soak vile spirits. I am normally the first tank in trash or other wise, after 4.0 we normally sent the prot in first bc initial threat was better since Dks got nerfed. Shoulder enchant was best before 4.0 now that chill of the throne is removed the old one with dodge might be of better use, never thought of that. The 1/3 in epidemic is a personal pref by me and is def correct, theres no need for the extra disease up time u get from 3/3 also Having points in Vir helps with Spells Missing Esp when obtaining initial aggro. Hate when an IT missing when im pulling.. Yes I always count down pulls normallt down from 5 sec but its more like 8 ( I count slower) sec for Dk to get there AotD out and pre pot etc..

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Does your guys strat involve moving LK quite a bit? In particular I'm meaning during the valk phase and then again during the last phase with the vile spirits. Do you guys use hunter traps during the vile spirit phase? Do you have issue kiting over these when you are tanking LK?

Moosenucklez
User

Postby Moosenucklez » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Does your guys strat involve moving LK quite a bit? In particular I'm meaning during the valk phase and then again during the last phase with the vile spirits. Do you guys use hunter traps during the vile spirit phase? Do you have issue kiting over these when you are tanking LK?

During valk phase I just got him centered facing which ever way was best given our situation. In 25 man most defiles we normally got were placed correctly but in the case one wasn't and was dropped close to or in the center I would have to adjust and move the boss accordingly. Normally didn't matter much bc we would lose to many dps to it anyway, and eventually wipe to enrage. During Vile spirits I drag the boss from ledge to ledge, calling out for a Priest bubble if needed. To be honest about the traps im assuming there going where they need to be for vile spirits to hit them, Ive never had any trouble with it.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:40 pm

not really interested - best of luck elsewhere.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”