Even Baddier Baddies
Subtitles
User

Subtitles, Resto Shammy Xfer

Postby Subtitles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:28 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 19, Canada
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): On and off 6pm -> 2am
- Number of Testicles: 0, but don't tell anyone. I'm very self concious about it.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yess
-- Wednesday: Yesss
-- Thursday: Yessss
-- Friday (optional): seY
-- Saturday (optional): seY
-- Sunday: Yesssss
- Do any others have access to your account? No.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes, I do.
- How long have you played WoW: 4 Years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I only have Wrath experience on this character, and I've killed everything on her but Naxx. She came around to being my main in ICC.
I have cleared 11/12 Heroic ICC 25 and ICC10.
Halion 10/25, no heroic version.
Have ICC25 and 10 drake.
No Ulduar 25 on this toon, that was my Paladin tank. Cleared all on Paladin.
Ulduar 10 up to Yogg, been working on achievements with my friends.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Subtitles, Shaman
- Race & why did you choose it: Troll, I picked it for the OPness of buffed Berserking, and it makes me feel tall.
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&cn=Subtitles
- Can you describe the ruckus? wat ruckus
- Professions and why did you choose them:

Enchanting and Jewelcrafting. I picked enchanting because I like the extra spellpower, and my rings don't look as empty. Jewelcrafting for the bonus haste.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

Restoration, my offspec is Elemental. I usually only played Elemental to make up some dps in raids where we had too many healers.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

For Resto, I'm leaning towards more Haste and Int, while maintaining a respectable amount of crit without sacraficing either of those. I currently reforged some of my crit to mastery to play with it, and it helps when I switch over to Elemental.

For Elemental, I only use my resto gear, but I figured it was Hit cap>Haste around 1.1>Master/Int>Crit. I haven't had much love with elemental gear or trinkets since my guilds would constantly recruit new people, who always liked those sexy H DFOs.

- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

Resto
Primes:
Glyph of Earth Shield - Extra healing to my earth shield, which should be up 100% of the time. Can't say no to that.
Glyph of Riptide - Riptide lasts forever!
Glyph of Earth Living - This tends to proc a decent amount, so it can't hurt to have the bonus to its healing.

My only other option to these is Water Shield, and as it stands now I don't require the mana regen. At 85, this might change.

Majors:
Glyph of Healing Stream - Never drop a resistance totem again.
Glyph of Healing Wave - It's practically like priests Binding Heal.
Glyph of Chain Heal - While I do tend to bounce Chain Heal off the person with the least amount of HP to start, this brings 3 heals after that initial up by 15%, which makes it only a 5% loss each jump.

Again, not many options to choose from.

Minors:
Glyph of Renewed Life - Frees bag space and owns forgetfulness.
Glyph of Water Walking - Bag space!
Glyph of Water Breathing - Bag space.

Elemental
Primes:
Glyph of Lava Burst - Another big chunk of my damage, nice buff to it!
Glyph of Flame Shock - Saves me a lot of time between having to refresh Flame Shock. Usually means an extra Fulmination Earth Shock.
Glyph of Lightning Bolt - The filler ability between Earth Shock/Flame Shock and Lava Burst. Does a massive amount of my overall damage, may aswell buff it!

Majors:
Glyph of Lightning Shield - Keeps Lightning shield up for the full duration, no matter what happens.
Glyph of Chain Lightning - I don't use Chain Lightning in my single target rotation, so it made sense to me to have it as an AoE attack I can use within my rotation.
Glyph of Elemental Mastery - Gives me a defensive cooldown. This really can be changed for anything, it's not necessary. Nothing else is much better, though.

Minors:
Same as resto.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

I'm not applying specifically as a DPS, but my normal rotation is Flame Shock -> Lava Burst -> Lightning Bolt till Lava Surge procs or Lava Burst comes off CD, Refreshing Flame Shock as needed, and using Earth Shock with 9 stacks of Lightning Shield above everything else.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

I keep Earthshield on a tank. Always on the one I'm assigned to if tank healing. If raid healing, to a tank that needs it.
I make sure to keep Riptide on cooldown to make the most of the buff, and 2 set t10.
Healing Surge when I need to get out some quick, OHSHIT heals.
Healing Wave when I find that much damage isn't going out, just to keep ancestral healing up, as well as be prepared for any damage that might come through. I regen more then it costs, anyways.
Greater Healing Wave when I know someone is going to take a big amount of damage, usually mix this with riptide t10 bonus.
Chain Heal only when it will hit 3 or more targets. I use this to get my Glowing Twilight Scale trinket proc out on the raid in hard aoe damage times.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I don't really PvP.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Fosuc/Phosuc

This is the only guild I have raided with since my shaman hit 80. The strong players have all moved on, and the leftovers just aren't up to par. People don't want to play, or show up to raids. We're not even trying to finish content because the guild master feels it is a waste of time to bang our heads against it.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:

Tues Oct 19th

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s4os ... alingDone/

Just heals that night I believe.

Tues Oct 26

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h869u3w46g1cbe1a/

DPS'd and Healed some fights, we were short.. people brought alts.

- Alts & their name/level:

Beccy - 80
Tehmaeg - 80
Monkeybuff - 80
Hotpants - 73
Emu - 80
Underline - 68
Mê - 80
Yoù - 80

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):

MSN: [email protected]
Gmail: [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:

I found you on the World of Warcraft Guild recruitment forum.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

After looking around for a bit, this guild seemed to be the best match for what I'm looking for in a guild. The mix of the serious and the playful gamer quality is *hearts*.
I take a bit of time to warm up to new folks, but when I do I'm pretty outgoing.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e Processor @ 2.70 GHz
6.00 GB
ATI Radeon HD 4600

My FPS on 1360x768 is 20 - 50 in 25-man raids.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:54 am

What mod do you use to track shields / totem times? Do you feel confident in your ability to reliably play an offspec? I certainly do not mean topping meters but being able to do boss mechanics correctly etc. As far as your typical raid assignments, what was your assignment for H LK 25 and H Halion 25? How far have you gotten on H LK 25, do you personally have issues with defiles? Have you had issues with regen since the patch, have you reforged any spirit?

Let's say there is a fight, and you were assigned to "raid healing". What other responsibilities do you feel you would have as a raid healer? How often do you redrop your totems on a fight like H LK 25 or H Halion 25? Do you countdown your bloodlusts?

Subtitles
User

Postby Subtitles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:14 am

For tracking shields, I use Inline Aura and Raven, as well as a Power Auras setting to tell me when they have been dropped. Totem timers, Inline Aura and the Pitbull default.

I do feel pretty confident in playing offspec, and have no problems with boss mechanics.

Like I said, I haven't had the chance to participate in a Heroic LK 25 or 10 encounter. For our one night of Heroic Halion 25 attempts, I was assigned to raid healing in shadow realm, and dispelling. This was before 4.0.1, and I haven't had the chance to try the encounter since.

I currently have no mana issues, and have not reforged any spirit that I recall.

As a raid healer, I feel I'm responsible for anything that could harm the raid. I take on dispelling, healing specific raid damage, and overall everything. I tend to leave the tanks to the tank healers, but if I have nothing else to heal I won't hesitate to help on tanks. I always will switch to tanks from raid healing under desperate stresses that put tank healers out of commission.

For redropping totems, I always have to drop totems when changing from a phase to a transition on LK reg, my guess is that is the same on heroic. Halion, I redrop whenever the raid is on the opposite side of where the totems were last placed.

I'm unsure of what count downing my bloodlusts mean, so I figure I have never done it.

Veloxic
User

Re: Subtitles, Resto Shammy Xfer

Postby Veloxic » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:11 am

Subtitles wrote:Canada

Uh oh.
Subtitles wrote:- Number of Testicles: 0, but don't tell anyone. I'm very self concious[sic] about it.

Double Uh oh.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
Image[/quote]
Nice recovery with the MS paint.

Here's the key question though, where in Canada? There's only one wrong answer, and it starts with a Q and ends with a C.

Subtitles
User

Postby Subtitles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:20 am

starts with an O and ends with an O?

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:35 am

Subtitles wrote:I'm unsure of what count downing my bloodlusts mean, so I figure I have never done it.

: x

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:52 am

Subtitles wrote:I'm unsure of what count downing my bloodlusts mean, so I figure I have never done it.
He's asking when you pop Bloodlust do you count it down before you Bloodlust (three, two, one, Bloodlust sort of thing) so that dps have time to pop their cooldowns, pets, etc or do you just use it without saying anything.

Not a fan of your lack of experience with hard mode LK and Halion but I guess this late in the game kinda hard for some people. Before patch did you try and get heroic Halion on 10 man at least?

Could we get a link of your old main. And also some of your past raiding experience in BC, if you have any, along with guilds that you've played with.

Why did you switch mains?

Subtitles
User

Postby Subtitles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:09 am

In my current guild we have percentages of when we pop bloodlust on bosses, so we don't count down, and just expect that folks are watching such things.

Pre patch I didn't try Halion 10 hard, just 25. Pugs on my server are a mess, especially Horde side, so I stick with guildies as hard as that can be on non raid days for some.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&cn=Yo%C3%B9&gn=PHOSUC

Was my main for Ulduar content, on the server Maiev in Order of Medivh.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=Beccy&gn=just+lost+the+game

Was my main for vanilla/BC and start of Wrath.

I switched mains between Beccy to Yoù because of the needs of some of my friends that I raid with at that time, then got into an Ulduar progressing guild with my paladin. Order of Medivh over recruited on tanks, so I was sat, and eventually just let go to do something else.

The switch between Yoù and Subtitles happened when a lot of my friends stopped playing, and I decided to change servers and try alliance. I joined Fosuc then, and faction changed with them.

Isen
User

Postby Isen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:09 am

Which of the following scenarios most closely describes your actions?
A) 3...2...(Bloodlust)...1...
B) (Bloodlust)
C) Bloodlust in 3...2...1...(Bloodlust)
D) Bloodlust in 3...2...1..................................(Bloodlust)

Subtitles
User

Postby Subtitles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:27 am

I have no qualms about counting down for Bloodlust if that is what is required. Currently though, I just stick to when my Raid Leader says to use it, and my delays for using are either finishing casting or expecting our enhancement who we assigned to do it, and then finding out he was on the phone. So I'd say C.

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 am

Isen wrote:Which of the following scenarios most closely describes your actions?
A) 3...2...(Bloodlust)...1...
B) (Bloodlust)
C) Bloodlust in 3...2...1...(Bloodlust)
There should be more multiple choices in apps now a days lol.

So even with a set time that your guild has you do call it out on vent with a verbal count down before popping Bloodlust? Just want to make sure. From the way you explained it seems like you just pop it at the right % or when told without a countdown.

Not trying to make a big deal about this just wondering what you do now not what you have no problem doing.

Raiding experience in Vanilla on your priest? (if any)

Going to ask a silly question: Why were you sat over the other tanks in Order of Medivh?

Subtitles
User

Postby Subtitles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:29 am

I don't do a verbal count down for bloodlust.

I was sat over other tanks because there were 3 main tanks within the guild set up when they recruited me. They figured one of their tanks was going to change mains, and he never did, so there was never a use for me. I got to tank some fights, but mostly they just made me go ret for whatever they did bring me in for, just to make me feel not as left out.

Subtitles
User

Postby Subtitles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:32 am

I didn't get to do much with my priest, ended up dpsing some ZG's and MC's on a warrior alt that I've deleted, but nothing very exciting.

Kylae
User

Postby Kylae » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Isen wrote:Which of the following scenarios most closely describes your actions?

Bloodlust in 3..(drop totems) 2..(pop spirit wolves) 1..(pop fire ele) [bloodlust)

blind
User

Postby blind » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:31 pm

Wrong its 3....2...1...WAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”