Even Baddier Baddies
Statillius
User

Statillius - Holy Paladin

Postby Statillius » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Player information
- Age & Location: 18. Houston, Texas
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): If friends aren't around, 4:00-12:30
- Number of Testicles: Too many to count.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Affirmative
-- Wednesday: Correct
-- Thursday: Roger
-- Friday (optional): Indeed
-- Saturday (optional): Yee
-- Sunday: Of course

- Do any others have access to your account? Negative

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I just recently started using one. Got hacked for the FIRST time a couple weeks ago.

- How long have you played WoW: I've watched my friends raid AQ40 in vanilla and after a long time i began to start playing a few months before BC launched, been playing ever since :]

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
*H ICC 25- 11/12 (Best attempt on H LK: 30%-35%)
*H ICC 10 - .... "TECHNICALLY" 11/12 as well, but i mean, we wiped at 11%. so that counts...sorta >.>
*I've cleared everything else out entirely except for TOGC 25, but my previous guilds never attempted Anub for some non-existant reason.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Statillius, Holy Paladin

- Race & why did you choose it: Blood Elf. it was the only one available lol xD But i love the arcane torrent mana return based on the ammount of mana you have. aka I dont intend to go Tauren when Cataclysm launches.

- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... tatillius-

Can you describe the ruckus? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RZ5A7pJ ... _embedded#! words cannot describe it.

- Professions and why did you choose them: I'm currently using JC and Engineering. Recently i switched to engineering from enchanting because i felt that the rocket boot mechanic (and a few others) really help for current end game WOTLK content. Seeing as H Halion and H Lich King are fights based on how fast you can move out of circles, or how far you can carry the circle before it is dropped. There isn't too much thought involved with choosing JC really. I just like having the 3 OP gem slots and making small profit cutting gems.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? 54/17/0, i have a ret offspec but this is for soloing mediocre things ONLY. My ret set is far from reaching the potential to even set foot into ICC. :p

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: When choosing gear for my main spec (Holy), I aim for gear that is leaned more to Haste/Mp5/SP. At this current time I'm missing alot of the gear that actually has the stats that I'm currently looking for, but thats basically due to the fact that it just hasn't/never will drop for me :p I'm sure down the road a main paladin may look at my current haste and claim that I'm a little low. This reason is really because of gear not being available/dropping, I also did some super extreme math (adding and subtracting..sometimes division) and realized that it would take almost 500-600 more haste to even move the current cast time of my current FoL & HL. I can almost safely say that my current cast time is maybe a .1 second, if not the same, as the other paladins currently. I'm not trying to be lazy in anyway, but i really dont think you want to hear how i obtain ret gear, since none of it is really enchanted, nor gemmed. I'm not a ret fan at all if you couldn't tell. ;p

- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Glyph of Seal of Wisdom - Extremely benifical in terms of mana conservation.
Glyph of Beacon of Light - The extra 30 seconds helps alot in the long run in terms of mana as well, It also saves that GCD and extends it for anoter 30 seconds so i can heal that much longer before re-applying things like this.
Glyph of Holy Light - This glyph is EXTREMELY helpful in fights like Heroic Lich King and Heroic Halion, the splash heals from it are almost like single tick druid hots, which really help when the raid as a whole is taking damage. (Infest,Fire elemental spawn, Twilight Realm)

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Consecrate 6 times, followed with a quick holy shock.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? For most endgame fights, like any other paladin, I will most likely be spamming Holy Light because my role in a raid is usually to solely monitor the two-three tanks health. When transitions come into play (remorsless winter, phase change) I will pop diving favor, holy shock and then FoL for the HoT. Speaking of that HoT, i like to keep up Sacred Shield and the HoT that FoL places on that target up 100% of the time, of course there is the occasion that the tick may fall off for a quick 1-2 seconds, but thats usually because the raid is taking some pretty heavy damage. I use Aura Mastery according to how the raid is setup, if a disc priest shields the first infest, and for some reason It's not up by then, I will pop Aura Mastery to reduce the first and second initial tick. Bubble is used according to how the raid is setup as well. If I'm assigned to use bubble to absorb a wave of vile spirits, then that's what i will do. If that is not the case and their is already plent of absrobtion available for that task, I will most likely use it during the frostmourne room, which saves lives, and everybody loves life savers. :] (these are theoritical situations btw, I'm just trying to give examples of when i would use these CD's)

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Challenger..thats right../flex

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Evolution (Bonechewer) - I was in this guild about 5-6 months ago. This is the very first guild i joined that actually took raiding a little more seriously then what i was used too. During this guild i basically learned how to play, it was like tee-ball for me, just learning the basics, etc. I was in this guild for 4 years until we unfortunately collapsed due to retards who thought foodbuffs dont help and people thinking that the green clouds from Yogg-Saron were phoenix vendors..the clouds are not phoenix mount vendors for people who are questioning this.
Civilian (Bonechewer) - This is when things began to get alot more serious for me. After being in a guild like Evolution, a guild that managed to deprogress rather than progress for such a long time, I felt that my potential and talent/skill were being wasted. So upon the guild breaking up i applied to Civilian. I greatly appreciate Civilian for teaching me how to play at a end game pace, showing me vital addons that GREATLY increased my healing my so much. Civilian is the guild that I got Heroic Lich King to 30% in. Unfortunately, upon app'ing and getting accepted after saying they had 1 holy paladin, it turned out they LOVE to substitute people in on a hourly basis, which isn't a problem, but to do it at that rate is just a little crazy. But in the long run i really do thank these guys for teaching me so much and showing me the amazing Horde life <3
Endeavour (Andorhal) - Unfortunately, I HATE to "bash" a guild but basically I was lied to into joining this guild. A few of my friends had joined this guild (left Bonechewer). My friends joined on a Friday and were already locked to ICC 25 so they didn't get to raid. However, they had told me that the GM of this guild (I'm not sure of the person who told them this information) had told them that they had Heroic Lich King to 20%-30%. I was alone in Civilian and nobody really talked so i said my goodbyes and left without any drama. Upon joining Endeabour I realized that 20%-30% turned out to be 70%... a real slap in the face.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: I really do hope you understand that currently I am unable to take a screenshot at the moment. If any of you guys have any suggestions at all I would be very much appreciative. I just dont want this application going to waste over something like thise. :[
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/92svz5xh ... alingDone/ (other pally kept picking which tank was next to all the other melee dps and always told me to heal OT >:[ )

- Alts & their name/level:
Bawheed - 80 Troll Hunter - Bonechewer
Severence - 80 Draeni Shaman - Bonechewer

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): I can give you my number if you'd like :]]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: When I joined this server, I couldn't really help but "find you" lol. everywhere i went their was at least one of your raid members. When i read your "About Us" I really liked the atmosphere you guys have and the way you talk to each other (I watched your H LK kill w/ vent included). You guys are pretty funny and I feel that I would be a great asset in helping the guild as a whole progress through Cataclysm content. When it comes to my class and role I do my absolute best in trying to outdo myself. I'm constantly trying to improve my performance on how I heal and I think you guys will be impressed with my performance if given the chance. :]

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I sort of answered this question without knowing it in the above question lol xD If you'd like to know some interesting facts about me I like to drive in reverse through drive-thru's and I'm really good at making hot pockets >:D

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHZ. ATI Radeon 5800. My FPS during a 25-man is anywhere between 40-60.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/983432587.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.

Image[/img]

Statillius
User

Postby Statillius » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:12 pm

My Bad..

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:27 pm

so not really looking at anything other than your gear, just gonna say I'm not fond of the following things:

You're lacking a ring enchant
Use of Sp and crit to shoulders
Libram? gearscore set?
Spec - For general use on heroic lk
General gearing choices?
Given the following stats on gear, what would you prioritize them as? ~~int spellpower haste crit mp5
Are you familiar with 4.0?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

pelinel
User

Postby pelinel » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Here are some questions i have, and some things i noticed from your app/armory link.

I see you are useing that Libram right now, is that in anticipation for the next patch? Or do you use it as of pre-cata? if so, why?

Why are you useing the crit shoulder/helm enchant?

Why aren't you useing your hyperspeed acceleraters from engineering?

Do you have plate bracers for the cata patch?

Come Cata what gems are you planning on useing?

Any reason your meta gem is not active?

Why did you choose toughness over Improved Righteous Fury in the prot tree?

As of pre-cata patch it wont matter, but why did you not pick up Improved Hammer of Justice aswell? It is immensely helpful for stunning valks on Lich King

Why do you have so few Regular Lich King kills?

Why did you wait untill you got hacked to get an authenticator?

If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? for my own curiosity could you answer this question assumeing the pre-cata patch seeing as how Healing for paladins is going to be completly new?

Your reasoning for leaving endeavour seems quite illogical to me, i just want to make sure i understand. They said they could get H LK to 20-30% you joined and found out its 70% and left? have you been in the guild long enough to discover if it is just a few raid nights or weeks that they are having trouble?

Why can you not take a screenshot of your UI? The UI of a healer is in my opinion one of the largest factor's of how well you can and cant perform.

Do you try to keep Judgement of Light up at all times in fights as of right now? ( as of pre-cata patch this wont matter once more ) but is it a priority fo yours to try and keep it up 100%?

I also see you died in your parses to alot of avoidable things cleave on sindragosa frost bomb on sindragosa a shadow trap on lich king shockwave on a shambler the aoe cleave from a raging spirit aswell. Do you feel your situational awareness is lacking?

I also see in 4 mins of heroic lich king you used Divine Plea twice, do you find yourself useing Divine Plea often? OR having mana troubles as of right now? Because i personally can get by Heroic Lioch king with only 2 Divine Pleas ( both during transition phases ) I also see you use two healing output trinkets in todays gear the regen is well enough this is often doable, but if your useing Divine Plea alot ( whitch it looks like you are from theese parses ) woulden't switching to some regen trinkets be better?

I see you did not BoP anyone on Sarufang either why didnt you? it does help quite a bit to reduce the next mark from coming out.

pelinel
User

Postby pelinel » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:30 pm

bleh looks like ninetales beat me to some things but yeah haha

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm number 1.

Statillius
User

Postby Statillius » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:21 am

Ninetales wrote:so not really looking at anything other than your gear, just gonna say I'm not fond of the following things:

You're lacking a ring enchant
Use of Sp and crit to shoulders
Libram? gearscore set?
Spec - For general use on heroic lk
General gearing choices?
Given the following stats on gear, what would you prioritize them as? ~~int spellpower haste crit mp5
Are you familiar with 4.0?

1. I'm not an enchanter.
2. If you'd like me to switch the enchant, i will asap, I was thinking about switching it in the future. I just wasn't 100% sure it would be better.
3. The armory should show what I'm wearing now. Yes, that is my nooby GS set.
4. I'm not too familiar with a different spec for H LK, I looked at other specs and they seemed relatively the same. None the less if you would like me to spec differently for a specific fight I most certainly will.
5. MP5,Haste,int/sp,Crit I've never been asked to prioritize int and spell power along with a list like this so I'm not too certain if thats correct or not :L
6. I am indded familiar with 4.0

Statillius
User

Postby Statillius » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:12 am

Here are some questions i have, and some things i noticed from your app/armory link.

I see you are useing that Libram right now, is that in anticipation for the next patch? Or do you use it as of pre-cata? if so, why?
A: I plan on using this libram in cataclysm, that was just my terrible gs set, I sit in Dalaran alot. :p

Why are you useing the crit shoulder/helm enchant?
A: I was using these enchants in ToGC days and early WOTLK, I was considering changing it, but I wasn't too sure about it, I will change it.

Why aren't you useing your hyperspeed acceleraters from engineering?
A: I literally JUST got my engineering up on Tuesday or so, so I didn't really see it. A friend asked me this same question earlier today.

Do you have plate bracers for the cata patch?
A: Yes I do. :]

Come Cata what gems are you planning on useing?
A: Depending on what the live servers play out for paladins, I intend to use intellect & MP5, or depending on how mana regen is fixed, etc. I may use SP and Int, but i doubt that'll be viable.

Any reason your meta gem is not active?
A: I want to kill myself right now. I recently received an upgrade and i never re-adjusted my gems. I'm extremely sorry about that, and will be fixed immediatley.

Why did you choose toughness over Improved Righteous Fury in the prot tree?
A: I was using that when I was raiding in Civilian, they asked me to switch however because i would constantly get aggro from ghouls and it was an uneccesary hassle. That is how I had specced, again If you'd like me to re adjust I most certainly will.

As of pre-cata patch it wont matter, but why did you not pick up Improved Hammer of Justice aswell? It is immensely helpful for stunning valks on Lich King
A: I agree with you 100%, again with Civilian i was asked not to spec into this because they had a specific rotation of stuns already configured and they seemed to manage perfectly without my assistance. When the freak accident would occur where a stun would miss I would use my hammer or holy wrath.

Why do you have so few Regular Lich King kills?
A: After killing Lich King on normal a couple of times is when Evolution broke up. When I joined Civilian they would grind on Heroic Lich King and wouldn't bother with normal.

Why did you wait untill you got hacked to get an authenticator?
A: Honestly, after that whole thing that was released on mmo-champion about people getting hacked even with an authenticator ther i felt "theres no reason buying this if it doesn't even help", so I blew it off. After getting hacked it basically opened my eyes so I figured why not and got myself one.

If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? for my own curiosity could you answer this question assumeing the pre-cata patch seeing as how Healing for paladins is going to be completly new?
A: I would most likely be using Divine Light somewhat often, with a few FoL's when neccesary. You most likely know that they dont want paladins to be spamming buttons every second so I dont intend to button mash like we're so used to doing :p I could use Light of Dawn for Infest now instead of relying on a disc priest, I would also use this same ability inside the shadowmourne room. Aura Mastery would still be used the same way as before, maybe using it during transitions as well just to reduce more damage. Bubble would still be used in the same fashion that I previousley stated. And for the fights where I do drop below 20% or so I would use Holy Light for a LITTLE bit just so i can recover 10-15% of my base mana.

Your reasoning for leaving endeavour seems quite illogical to me, i just want to make sure i understand. They said they could get H LK to 20-30% you joined and found out its 70% and left? have you been in the guild long enough to discover if it is just a few raid nights or weeks that they are having trouble?
A: It's not a few nights I'm afraid, I do understand that their are alot of friends between you and this guild, but I do feel that alot of the core classes that are essential for certain fights just do not pull through. I've raided with them I beleive 3, maybe 2 weeks, and I feel that this is not the guild I previously applied too.

Why can you not take a screenshot of your UI? The UI of a healer is in my opinion one of the largest factor's of how well you can and cant perform.
A: I've had multiple discussions with various people trying to help me resolve this issue. Everytime i attempt to print screen it says that the screen has been captured, but there is not a WoW SS folder or any files that have the .jpeg (I'm not sure if this is the right end, but I have searched for the correct one). If you have any idea how to fix this problem, that would be amazing! If it comes to a last resort I could use Xfire to stream myself lol.

Do you try to keep Judgement of Light up at all times in fights as of right now? ( as of pre-cata patch this wont matter once more ) but is it a priority fo yours to try and keep it up 100%?
A: On the boss itself? currently, no. From the parses you can see that Itza basically loves judge the boss whenever available, So i just save my GCD and continue to heal.

I also see you died in your parses to alot of avoidable things cleave on sindragosa frost bomb on sindragosa a shadow trap on lich king shockwave on a shambler the aoe cleave from a raging spirit aswell. Do you feel your situational awareness is lacking?
A: Absoluetly not, I would never intentionally run in front of Sindragosa or stand ontop of a shadow trap, as well as the shambling horror. In the parses does it show the entirety of the raid dying? Usually when someone calls out a wipe I like to jump in front of bosses and jump on shadow traps for fun. My awareness is not lacking in the least.

I also see in 4 mins of heroic lich king you used Divine Plea twice, do you find yourself useing Divine Plea often? OR having mana troubles as of right now? Because i personally can get by Heroic Lioch king with only 2 Divine Pleas ( both during transition phases ) I also see you use two healing output trinkets in todays gear the regen is well enough this is often doable, but if your useing Divine Plea alot ( whitch it looks like you are from theese parses ) woulden't switching to some regen trinkets be better?
A: I always seem to get slightly paranoid with this fight in particular, I may be at a reasonable ammount of mana but continue to use Divine Plea just so I dont ever go oom. I need to work on this and It will be resolved extremely soon. I have been trying to get the trinket off of Algalon for quite some time now with no success. My current guild does not do ToGC runs so I don't have any real access to solaces. I plan on using Purified Lunar Dust on the release of 4.0.1 because it's amazing for regen/int.

I see you did not BoP anyone on Sarufang either why didnt you? it does help quite a bit to reduce the next mark from coming out.
A: I typically do BoP someone on this fight, I do not BoP marked targets however when I do, I BoP the players who get targeted with the DmG dot ( I cant remember the name :L).

pelinel
User

Postby pelinel » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:29 am

As for the screen shot, try hitting print screen then going into microsoft paint and hitting CTRL-V and see if that works.

Statillius
User

Postby Statillius » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:44 am

I messed up pretty badly on the gemming choice there. for MP5 I meant Spirit >.> and spell power is being removed in 4.0.1 so that was a pretty stupid comment to make as well. I was not thinking clearly on that question. :L

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:35 am

you really dont know how to access your wow screen shots?!?!?!?!?

1.print screen

2.now go to wow folder > screen shots > volia

3. Be thankful its in jpg it used to be a file format that had to use a special editor to view.
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Statillius
User

Postby Statillius » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:42 am

holyshoot wrote:you really dont know how to access your wow screen shots?!?!?!?!?

1.print screen

2.now go to wow folder > screen shots > volia

3. Be thankful its in jpg it used to be a file format that had to use a special editor to view.

Lol i know how to access my WoW screenshot folder. My problem is that my WoW folder doesn't have this folder in there for some odd reason. If i didnt have the folder there previously, how could i impress the girls when they come over and not see my paladin on my desktop? :]
I'm going to try the paint solution right now :X

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:35 am

Librams are being changed to static stats.

pelinel
User

Postby pelinel » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:37 pm

With your healing plans for 4.0.1 you left out holy shock and word of glory any reason in particular?

Statillius
User

Postby Statillius » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:42 am

pelinel wrote:With your healing plans for 4.0.1 you left out holy shock and word of glory any reason in particular?

Yeah I was actually playing on the PTR earlier today and realized that I had left out these abilities. Word of Glory is extremely viable when 4.0.1 hits due to that 30% chance to not consume energy. I've had this particular spell proc 6 to 7 times in a row which is amazingly..amazing. Holy shock would also be extremely helpful in raid fights, especially mobile ones, seeing as you can use it twice when the ability procs. Sorry I left these out.
On another note about my screenshot issue, my MS Paint ignores my WoW screen and takes a screen shot of whats "behind it". Basically, if you were to alt-tab it would take a picture of whats there instead of my WoW screenshot. I can continue to try to find solutions to this problem, but I can do a Xfire stream alot faster than the time it would take to fix this current situation. Thanks for the questions so far :]

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”