-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: since 2005
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
I did not raid in Vanilla, was still in active duty and leveled an Alliance 60 huntard in an EU server.
BC - My initiation to raiding was on a Hunter, did Kara, SSC and Tempest Keep on him, was asked to switch to a Shaman(Resto) and cleared Hyjal, BT and Sunwell (pos Muru Nerf) with him.
WotLK - I started to clear Naxx with the Resto Shaman and then was asked to heal with a Druid(this present toon) finished Naxx (we got server first Immortal, beating Rush to it) and then we proceeded to clear Ulduar, the guild I was in had some issues after Rush beat us by killing Yogg first, and some drama start to occur, at this point I decided to stop raiding (and in the process got married, that's what happens when you don't have a video game to distract you).
during this hiatus I mainly pvp'ed (sold my shaman, and still regret this to the present day), few months later I retired from my Military life, and come back to raiding, joining my current guild we cleared ToC 25m and 4/5 ToGC 25, mainly due to attendance issues we were always unable to kill Anub during current content, ICC come out and it was really easy we are now 11/12 HM's again we have attendance issues and since we reached H LK months ago we have less than 50 solid attempts on him.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Bearlux, Restoration Druid
- Race & why did you choose it: Tauren, well Blizzard made me do it.
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Bearlux
- Can you describe the ruckus? The ruckus I heard from my office?
- Professions and why did you choose them: Regarding my professions, I have to be honest here, If I was min/max'ing Alchemy/Tailoring should have been my professions.
Alchemy gives 1 less SP than JC but give you Crazy Alchemist Potions and double flask durations.
Tailoring would give me an increase of 72 SP give or take, that's 24SP more than JC gives me, I asked the officers if they wanted me to change and they said the gain was irrelevant, so I stuck with JC since I had a lot of cuts (this toon was my alt for TogC and beginning of ICC) and many times is hard to find a cut. I am always available to change my professions according with the raid/class necessities.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Very rarely I have been the only solid healer we had, until we get our current Discp and Resto Shaman, since then I have been able to go moonkin in some fights, the gear is an issue as well, since I can't get DPS trinkets, and we have so much people rotating and we use a DKP system I can never get ger for Off spec.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: I use EJ as my gearing tool, the spreadsheets do not work as well for healers, so I tend to read on it as much as I can and try it out myself, I have chosen to go for throughput since most of the times I haven't had much mana issues, even when progressing (much lesser now with the 30%buff).
For the moonkin I have the 4t10 piece and a Heroic chest as off piece since it was the best I could get at this time, I try and focus on SP>Haste(until soft cap)>Crit.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: For Resto I use glyph of Wild Growth, Swiftmend and Rejuvenation, I do switch my glyphs according to fights, for example I have been using Rapid Rejuv for H LK with good success, since then we have had almost 0 deaths to infest.
For moonkin I use Focus(for Trash pulls) and Starfall,, Starfire and Moonfire for bosses.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? I mainly use Rejuvenation, I try and blanket the raid with it(I have 3/3 on revitalize so more rejuves the better), I personally (since I am 3/3 living seed) try to have a Regrowth and lfieblooms rolling on the tank. I try and keep my Swiftmend available for when I see someone drop below 15% I tend to use it, my Nature swiftness is usually reserved for a "Oh shit the tank is about to die", unfortunately I end a lot of times to have to nourish spam either the raid of the tanks since our raids seem to take a lot of dmg and almost always our fights tend to be a minute longer than what I have seen.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Rival last year about 2300 rating.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Vital in BC and beginning of WotLK, I stop raiding and guild disbanded.
Amon Amarth the current GM announced he is leaving and that the guild is stopping raiding until Cata comes out. So I am competitive and want to keep improving my skills and kill H LK, I hate to give up.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3244/bearluxuim.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lg1kiq40t7xc2fjn/
- Alts & their name/level:
Luxmetus lvl 80 - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Luxmetus
Luxlagsalot lvl 80 - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Luxlagsalot
Doclux lvl 80 - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Doclux
Shadowlux lvl 80 http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Shadowlux
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I found the guild going through the Blizzard Recruitment Forums, and saw you were looking for a Resto Druid, so got to your site, read about it, checked your progression, I only raided on your level once during Ulduar (but it was still on easy mode) I do think I have the skill so I decided to take a chance.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I want to raid with like minded people, people that don't log off when faced it a problem, I want to be able to experience content first hand, learn it a progress through it, and I know I will find this in Simple Math.
I am a easy going person, but do not let my candid personality fool you, I am very competitive, I hate to lose (even if I am a gentleman when I lose, I have a big punching bag that I destroy right after), I hate to give up, I am a fast learner.
To finish I apologize for my limited English, I am self taught so sometimes I end up murdering verbs or grammar.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I have a Intel Quad Speed, 4GiG Ram with a 9600 Nvidia Geforce, I usually am at 30FPS in a 25m.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.

Baowulf
User

Postby Baowulf » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:02 am

I have to call BS on the MS Paint

Veloxic
User

Postby Veloxic » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:10 pm

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.

Incomplete app. Please finish.

Bearlux
User

Postby Bearlux » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:10 pm

You're both right, I applied very late last night and hadn't time to work on a MS drawing, so decided to plagiarize an anonymous work, I failed...
But as requested, a MS drawing by my own hand.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Bearlux wrote:You're both right, I applied very late last night

Bearlux Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 am
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Bearlux
User

Postby Bearlux » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:26 pm

grouch wrote:
Bearlux wrote:You're both right, I applied very late last night

Bearlux Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 am

I am on a nocturnal schedule 07:34am in my time is +5 hours which means 12:34pm my time, I was up since Saturday 10am (15pm my time) until I read the post in AA forums around 4am est (9am my time), I decided to start looking for a guild, went to the Horde recruitment forums and found Simple Math post, looked you up on wowprogress, read your recruitment forum and concluded that I would like to be part of a guild with this philosophy, so I applied, should have most likely went to sleep since I was up for about 46 hours, I guess I did not assume the MS pain drawing wouldn't be so much of importance (at least concede that I chose a very pretty picture) and I was wrong, for that my apologies I hope you consider my late MS Drawing.

Bearlux
User

Postby Bearlux » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:30 am

At this point I wish to retract my application to Simple Math.
Thank you very much for the time you took to read my application, again I apologize for the grammar errors.

I wish Simple Math all the best, in your current and future endeavors.

Cheers.

Baowulf
User

Postby Baowulf » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:29 am

You were right, that is a beautiful painting.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”