- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes.
-- Tuesday: Yes.
-- Wednesday: Yes.
-- Thursday: Yes.
-- Friday (optional): Yes.
-- Saturday (optional): Yes.
-- Sunday: Yes.
- Do any others have access to your account? Nope. Only me, myself, and I.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes, the keychain.
- How long have you played WoW: 2 years now, a month after Wotlk released.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Current Raid Progression and Experience:
Icecrown Citadel 10/25
10M
12/12 Cleared Regular with 11 Hardmodes. (LK Heroic but I do have excellent experience with it Phase 3 Wipe.)
25M
12/12 Cleared Regular with 9 Hardmodes. (Not PP [Wiped 3%], Sindragosa [Wiped on Phase 3], LK [Never Attempted cause we never cleared Sindragosa but have great LK 10M Heroic experience]).
Ruby Sanctum 10/25
10M
4/4 (Attempted Heroic but wiped phase 3 with 13% left a few times and called it here).
25M
4/4 Cleared 25 Man Reg Halion. Never attempted heroic, although I know the fight with an extra cutter and elemental fire adds that spawn have pretty good heroic 10 Man experience.
Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Dyvìne
- Race & why did you choose it: Blood-Elf, because they’re not green and I like the arcane torrent that for in which it brings me back mana.
- Link to Armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... yv%C3%ACne
- Can you describe the ruckus?
Really not sure what ruckus means but I can assume it means controversy or altercation?
- Professions and why did you choose them:
The reason I have Alchemy and Engineering as professions is because I gain more time on my flasks as Alchemy and increasing the amount of mana or health gained from pots. I choose engineering because I love having rocket boots for tight situations when you need to move quickly and having the glove enchant that gives me 340 haste every minute. This is to reduce my GCD. Plus, the crit I gain from Rocket Boots enchant gives me a slight increase in my critical heal chance.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Very often I usually heal 10 mans as Discipline.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
All the gear and gems I choose benefit both of my specs and I will explain why. As holy I stack pure spellpower and haste. The reason I do this is because I want faster GCD's to cast my renew on the raid as quickly as I can with the addition of spellpower making my heals bigger. The things I love about my Priest is the fact that I have so much to give to the raid, I heal based upon a Tree-Holy build which means that I use Renew as my priority heal and keeping PoM and CoH on CD whenever they are up while casting Flash Heals ONLY when the instant FH proc occurs. Body and Soul is very situational when it comes to Gas Clouds on heroic Putricide, Heroic RS, or just need to move quickly out of the way, which is why I do not do the Tuskar Enchant for my boots. Body and Soul + Rocket Boots is better overall. Can you say mitigation? I have a good time bubbling the raid 1-25 to reduce the damage the raid is taking. On average I reduce roughly 3-4 Million Damage the raid takes per fight in addition to topping heal + absorb meters. I stack spellpower as disc because SP makes my PW:S absorb more and my Heals to crit a higher number thus making my Divine Aegis absorb more as well. All the enchants I have are to benefit my healing numbers.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
The glyphs I have are for these reasons. Glyph of Holy Nova. When this is Glyphed it's actually very Over Powered and useful in fights such as Marrowgar and Heroic Lich King if for an instant heal that heals each person for 8,000 as a critical heal. The time on Infest is pretty short and a Disc priest doesn't have the time to Bubble everyone from 1-25 to take care of infest. I do not glyph renew because AS a Tree-Holy priest we want our Renew spell to have an extra tick instead of having it be 1 tick less and over heal a lot more. Overall the increase the spell gets from Glyph of Renew would be the same with the extra tick without the Glyph. For example, with my raid healing spec, I would want people benefitting with an extra tick heal instead of having 1 less tick. Some holy priests glyph, Flash heal AND Prayer of Healing but that's probably the most retarded glyphs to EVER get. This is the reason. You never use Flash heal as a priority heal as Holy, you will only use it when you get an instant heal proc cast from Surge of Light, it's free cost so why glyph the FH one if the spell is already no mana cost? Prayer of healing Glyph is probably the most useless glyph for this expansion. It's very slow and you cannot waste time casting flash heals to gain 3 stacks of serendipity. Your main priority as a raid healer is to cast Renew and your priority as well as CoH and PoM and keep them on CD whenever they are up. This is VERY helpful in heroic RS and 80% of boss encounters in ICC. I have Glyph of Guardian Spirit because, A. the other glyphs are useless (explained above), B. it saves a tank from Dying or anyone else in the raid taking excessive damage. I found it very situational in Fights suck as RS where people can't control their dps and tanks get smashed.
For Discipline:
I do not glyph flash heal because I do not go OOM and I use it occasionally. (Unless needed to, to keep up Divine Aegis on tanks). But I never go oom. My priority spells as discipline are PW:S, PoM, Renew, FH. You should really never go OOM as disc but if you're low, we do have good CD's that bring us back up to 100%.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Not DPS, but I do have a shadow set. (VT, DP, SW:P, MB, MF Spam.)
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
I use Renew as my priority heal following CoH and PoM. More details explained above on Gear and Gem choices. \
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
I never actually PvP’d a lot on this character. Mainly because I don’t care for PvP lol. However, I did PvP on my paladin as holy back in Executus-US and made 2100 rating in 3’s.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Past Guilds: Executus-US
Alliance: The Stoppable Force, Raided with them for about 4 months in Ulduar times. Left because we stopped progression and people stopped being serious about content.
Eye Candy: Raided with them for 8 months. Beginning of ToC and ToGC and Icecrown Citadel Boss encounters. Didn't get to clear ToGC 25M because we could not complete Anub'arak heroic. However we did get him to 10%. (Tanks kept dying). Got 11/12 Icecrown Citadel completed with Eye Candy on Regular mode.
Rocket Surgeons: Raided for about 2 months before I quit WoW for a few weeks. Left my two alts in RS and faction changed horde. During this time we were still 11/12 Reg, and were on Lich King.
Horde:
Ashes to Fire: Completed Icecown Citadel in 25 Man Regular Mode. Also, completed 10/12 Hardmodes. Left because guild disbanded.
Heretic: Raided 10/12 HM's each week but people failed so much on Heroic PP with 3% wipes that after the week we did well on PP we declined and started wiping at P1, 2, and 3 within a few seconds of each attempt.
Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy99 ... 212033.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/s4ksa3k0 ... 546&e=5737
This was my healing when I was not my holy-tree healing spec. My activity period ranges from 100.4-100.5% with my new spec and can prove it.
- Alts & their name/level:
Only alts on Executus that I don’t play often. They are Exedria, Keír, which are both 80 alts in the Guild Rocket Surgeons.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
[email protected] = MSN
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
Looking around in EST servers that are in my battlegroup. I don’t know anyone on Andorhal I just transferred here yesterday.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
I would like to join Simple Math because I would like to further expand my knowledge of the hardest content the game has to bring. I would like to face the challenges that challenge me to pull my fullest potential in raids. I would like to clear this content before this expansion is over. That being said, I would like to join because I can prove I can do my job. I would like to have fun and make lifelong friendships with the new guild members but keeping it serious when it comes to raiding.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Here’s the statistics from http://www.speedtest.net/
Download Speed: 13.97 MBPS. Ping: 97 MS. Roughly 50~85 MS. 65 FPS in 25 Man Raids.
RAM: 8192 Megabytes or 8 Gigabytes
Processor: Dual Quad Core AMD Opteron (Octo Core.)
Harddrive: 1 Terabyte
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 470
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
Haha I did the speedtest before I even looked at this question. Answered above.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7946/45436187.png

blind
User

Postby blind » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Why do you want to play on a US server and not a EU server?
Also you might want to LINK the actual speedtest so we can see that you did it to Boston and not somewhere in Europe. 97 MS seems a little bit low?

NMaysonet
User

Postby NMaysonet » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:53 pm

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5553 ... 155209.jpg

Screenshot taken today with it showing MS and FPS in Sholazar Basin.

NMaysonet
User

Postby NMaysonet » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Here's the link. I'm not sure I did this right.
But I selected Boston, MA.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/958692838.png

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:14 pm

That parse doesn't really tell me much at all about your healing capabilities, especially if it was of a spec that isn't your normal spec. I would suggest getting another. I can say that we have little need of another priest but we are looking at one more healer, why should we take you over another class? I'm curious as to why you glyph for a spell that's useful one or two fights, one of which you have zero experience on. I honestly feel like it wouldn't help at all on LK 25 with our strat and prayer of healing from our holy priest has worked just fine on that encounter. Why are you currently in tranquility but I do not see them on your list of prior guilds? If you were assigned to "raid healing", what do you feel your other responsibilities would be? It honestly bothers me that you've never attempted heroic LK 25 or H Halion 25 and you're looking to join a guild that's had both on farm for a while now but maybe that's just me.

NMaysonet
User

Postby NMaysonet » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:07 pm

The 10Man Encounter of both fights are the same exact to their 25 Heroic Version. I have experience in both fights and know what to do on each of them. Reason I have tranquility as a guild is because I just server transferred last night and joined this guild. As a holy priest my main role is to raid heal. I wouldn't suggest tank healing as a role for a priest unless something terribly bad happened that I have to jump out of my usual role to heal tanks cause' a paladin healer died. As disc I would rather make tank healing a role because I can always keep Divine Aegis up on both of them and I can bubble the raid while PoM bounces off both of the tanks. The heals in disc are much quicker due to the 6% haste increase. As for the parse, it was the only parse that was updated when I was still on executus. I can't really show you another parse because I do not have any others until I start raiding tomorrow night. Another thing to add. The points in my Holy tree are the latest Tree-Healing holy spec that usually high end raiding guilds require. I've never had a problem keeping my raid alive with this spec. The spec your Holy Priests may use is the Empowered Healing + Serendipity spec. This means they spam FH in order to get 3 stacks of serendipity for a faster GH, or PoH cast. As a raid healer, I would want points in Blessed Resilience to have better CoH, PoM's, and Renews to bring out to the raid.
Holy Nova glyph is glyphed because my spec doesn't require the use of 10% mana cost reduction of FH, nor the 20% HoT from PoH. In my guild over at Executus. (Heretic). I outhealed every healer on every boss except the paladins on Valithria with this spec. I can't really say much by text but take me on a trial run and I will prove it. Doesn't have to be ICC or RS heroic could be anything simple and short.

I know all aspect of the LK fight on heroic. Phase 1. Shadow Trap all ranged stacks and move slightly away from it before it's dropped. Phase 2 Valk'yrs pick up the people and drop the person when they are at 50%. Tanks need to taunt these adds cause they will silence the raid and that's not good. Phase 3. Everyone gets pulled into the Frostmourne and needs to kite around the room on the edge away from exploding bombs that are dropping. I've done this fight on 25Man on my paladin Exedria but my guild back on Executus is still on phase 3. (Exedria is an alt btw.)

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:08 pm

NMaysonet wrote:The 10Man Encounter of both fights are the same exact to their 25 Heroic Version.

This was enough to stop me from reading the rest of what you wrote.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:22 pm

What high end guilds require this spec just curious?

NMaysonet
User

Postby NMaysonet » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Ropetown and Too Soon of Executus. Ropetown being the prime example.
I meant to say 10M Heroic ---> 25M Heroic.
I mean come on now. Look up Joki from Executus. You'll see what I mean.

***Withdrawing my app not interested in joining. Thanks for viewing my app, no further comments nor questions.***

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Point being, the heroic halion 25 encounter is not the same at all compared to the 10 man version.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:01 pm

aw, i'm late to the party :(

note that this thread needs more lightwell.

also: nice trinkets, faglord. even my alt is considerably better geared than you. at this point in the game if you aren't nearly full bis then you haven't been working hard enough. i don't give a fuck what your situation is.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”