Serenîty - Troll Fire Mage (Possible Transfer)

Even Baddier Baddies
Serenîty
User

Serenîty - Troll Fire Mage (Possible Transfer)

Postby Serenîty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:02 am

Player information:

- Age & Location: 18, New York City

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 4 p.m. (est) to anywhere btwn 3 and 4 am (normaly afk, or working on Loremaster)

- Number of Testicles: ... erm 0!

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes, if needed
-- Saturday (optional): Yes, if needed
-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account? No

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes, I use a authenticator to prevent any chance of being hacked and also because I got a pet in the process!

- How long have you played WoW: I started my 10 day trial on 5/26/08, I officially started playing hardcore 8/29/08

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
10/25 Ulduar - (Full Clear) Drakes in both + Yogg 0 & Mimiron's Head
10/25 ToC Normal - (Full Clear)
10/25 ToGc - Insanity in 10, Mad Skill in 25
10/25 ICC Normal - Full Clear, Drake in 25 -- 2 achieves away from 10 man Drake
12/12 10 HM - Bane
11/12 HM 25 - I can tell you anything you wish to ask about heroic LK ^_^
10/25 Ruby Sanctum - (normal) both clear... numerous attempts to Heroic Halion in 10 and 25. (3rd phase no cigar)

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Serenîty -- Troll

- Race & why did you choose it: I chose Troll simply because Berserking is an amazing racial. Haste is Substantial to a Mage, any caster infact.

- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... en%C3%AEty

- Can you describe the ruckus? Watch your tone young man watch it.

- Professions and why did you choose them: I chose Jewelcrafting and Engineering as my professions. My reason for choosing Jewelcrafting was the Gems. +39 sp > +23 sp. From having 3 jewelcrafting gems I gained 48 extra Spellpower which is also a substantial stat for a mage. I chose engineering for the Haste every 1 minute, and I use that to my advantage. The haste gives me constant uptime and increases my dps.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Arcane 57/3/11. I play this spec whenever there is not a Retribution paladin in the raid group. I do this for the 3% damage. Although this spec cannot compete with Fire, the raids comp and benefits are more important than my personal DPS.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: For my Fire set, I go for gear with Spirit, Hit, Crit before looking at gear with Haste. I try to evenly optimize my gear so that I am above 45% Crit over 800 haste while still over 3100 SP so that my stats even out. I also make sure I am at 14% hit rating so I am capped and I have a few off Hit pieces for Fire incase there is no Shadow Priest or Boomkin in the raid. For my OS which is Arcane I go for gear loaded with hast and SP. Haste along with SP is one of the most substantial stats for arcane. I make sure I have 8% hit rating being that I will be capped with talents. I have gear to give myself 11% hit incase there is no Shadow Priest or Boomkin in raid.

- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: For my main spec (Fire) I use Glyph of Fireball, Glyph of Living Bomb and Glyph of Molten Armor. My reasoning for these glyphs are as followed. The Glyph of Molten Armor grants an additional 20% of my spirit as critical strike rating. Critical strike is a very important stat to a fire mage due to our talent Ignite, with Ignite a mages Critical strikes from Fire damage spells causes the target to burn for an additional 40% of your spells damage. Next I use Glyph of Fireball simply because it reduces the cast time of my Fireball ability giving me more uptime because im able to cast more Fireballs then I would be had I not had that glyph. Lastly, I use Glyph of Living Bomb because the damage from my living bomb can be critical strikes which brings Ignite back into play and Living Bomb is almost ALWAYS up on the boss. For my offspec I use Glyph of Molten Armor almost the same reason as Fire. The critical strike is substantial to a caster DPS. I use Glyph of Arcane Missles and Glyph of Arcane Blast. I use Glyph of Arcane Blast because it increases the damage of the buff by 3% which is effective to my DPS and Lastly I use Glyph of Arcane Missles because it increases the Critical Strike of that ability by 25% which is crucial to an Arcane Mages DPS. While some people find minor glyphs unimportant. I use Glyph of Fire Ward, Glyph of Frost Ward and Glyph of the Penguin. My reason being is I actively use those abilities, (i.e) Frost Ward on Sindragosa, Fire Ward for Halion, Big Bang (Algalon) Polymorph for Lady Deathwisper as well as CC.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Abbreviation Bank: LB = Living Bomb, FB = Fireball, MI = Mirror Images, PB = Pyroblast
I start off the fight with a LB then I pop MI to avoid ripping threat also the increased damage from my 4 piece. I spam FB until PB procs. I try to cast FB with an instant PB. I use Combustion when my Phylactery procs or when ive hit 9 stacks with DFO. All in all I keep LB on the boss at all times spam FB until PB procs. I use Invisibility as soon as MI wares off to avoid any unneeded complications. I make sure to use my Haste enchant on my gloves every minute to have constant uptime.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A (not a healer)

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Unfortunately I do not really enjoy PvP on my mage. I do attend battle grounds every now and then because PvP definitely helps improve raid awareness contrary to what people may think.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Guild Name Optional (Area 52 PvE) – Guild Disbanded after numerous fail attempts at Heroic Halion 25 and no progression on Heroic LK. We and were in the Middle of Ulduar working on a Legendary, was about to do Hodir and GM states in vent.. Im quitting this game, I’m tired of blah blah blah Kicks everyone from guild Ninjas the Guild Bank then gives GM to him RL friend and poofed.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i53.tinypic.com/33x7ymf.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jsdh ... 049&e=5379
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wjln ... 735&e=2888
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wjln ... 444&e=3625
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wjln ... 758&e=3941
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wjln ... 923&e=6191
(these were my decent fights. I will admit I did not try my hardest. After attending raids for 2 months that are nothing but drama filled garbage.. with people who don’t care or properly pull their weight. . raiding becomes boring and effortless) BUT I can promise 100% that I will pull my weight an try to perform to the best of my ability.

- Alts & their name/level:
Shîva – 80 (Demo Warlock)
Misexquisite – 80 (Disc Priest)

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
(AIM) Simplycrystalx3

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I was browing the forums and came across a post from someone in your guild and was very interested. Unfortunately I do not know anyone.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I’m choosing to apply to Simple Math because I am lookin for a dedicated, hardcore raiding guild that is able to stick it out through the summer attendance boss and the omg break before expansion boss. Simple Math has the current progression that I’ve been trying to be apart of for so long, and I feel that this guild can become a permenant home for my character through the rest of WoTLK and Cata.. also more to come. I’d like to add in that I am a Dedicated raider, I will always be prepared! You can expect 100% attendance from me I will never be absent or even late unless it’s the worse possible case and theres a death, power outage, Im really sick or my computer blows up. I have full knowledge of fights ahead I read up on fights and my class. Im always lookin for ways to improve my DPS and be a better addition to any raid. That being said, I look forward to hearing from you guys soon and hopefully being a future raider. Thank you for taking the time to read my app.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
My Video Card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTC 260M
http://i51.tinypic.com/242d0mb.jpg
My typical FPS during a raid is 67 -72

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/956629727.png
Idk which Is better
http://www.speedtest.net/result/956633144.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
http://i54.tinypic.com/65u9gg.jpg

Serenîty
User

Postby Serenîty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:07 am

Sorry for this second post.. but I forgot a viable piece of information.

As you may see in my UI. I do not have the decursive macro keybinded, im not sure how many mages actually use the macro but I do use the decursive addon and that is how I deal with my decursing as well as Polys. I have very fast reaction in using this addon and I am ontop of my game with dispells, CC's and Interrupts.

Thank you and sorry again

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:22 am

shes a troll she knows how to min/max get her!
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:22 am

I remember you from apping to another guild on this server and got denied for lying and not really knowing what you were talking about and I remember seeing another one of your apps from I don't remember where and their mage just destroyed your app and everything you were doing wrong. But I guess that isn't the point.

Serenîty wrote:- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: For my Fire set, I go for gear with Spirit,Hit, Crit before looking at gear with Haste.

well spirit is certainly the first stat the mages here go for.

Also we already have three mages. Three. Who generally show up. And who always showed up for wipe all night progression funs. And a lot of times one of us sits in dalaran all night. Just fyi.

Oh and îîîîîîîîîîîîîîîîîîîî
Last edited by Amye on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serenîty
User

Postby Serenîty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:33 am

Yes sir, I indeed remember you. This was a while ago and the situation was I applied to one guild and then applied to another guild. And a question was if I could wait for a response before applying to another guild or something along those lines. I did indeed look like i retard but since then I have researched alot on my class, fights etc and have became a better player overall. While I see your currently situation with 3 mages I totally udnerstand and want to thank you for your time.

That being said .. first impressions are really bad >< Im sorry lol good luck with your further recruiting and nice running into you again ^_^

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:40 am

I wasn't in any way like denying your app we need range really bad, I was just letting you know we have three already so there'd be a wholeeeeeeeeeee lot of standing around staring at the cake vendor.

Serenîty
User

Postby Serenîty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:13 am

Got cha.. I just kno i made an extremely bad impression applying to 2 guilds at once. I just really wanted to progress. I look foward to hearding from you thanks

blind
User

Postby blind » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:38 am

a barely legal female that lives close to Grouch? Accepted.

Chomb
User

Postby Chomb » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:40 am

blind wrote:a barely legal female that lives close to Grouch? Accepted.

blind
User

Postby blind » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:46 am

Chomb wrote:
blind wrote:a barely legal female that lives close to Grouch? Accepted.

P.S. Please meet Grouch at the Hilton Hotel in Manhattan for your "try-out". Meet him there after Midnight when raids are over. Don't forget to bring some Fire-n-Ice dear mage.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:57 am

If only grouch was around to delete more of kiris' posts.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

blind
User

Postby blind » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Ninetales wrote:If only grouch was around to delete more of kiris' posts.

Oh come on you know those 2 posts were at least remotely funny. It's different when I'm bored and try to instigate fights or drama.<3

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:13 pm

i was just thinking, damn kiris has 780 posts, and at the same time, how come i can only remember 200...
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

blind
User

Postby blind » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:32 pm

This thread is now about me and my forum account

inb4 Grouch delete

merk
User

Postby merk » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Get out of here kiris. It was funny for a while but now you've moved on just annoying.

Amye is right; mage isn't really the prefered way to do it - but some more ranged wouldn't be bad. Having said that do you really want 4th seat? It would pretty much mean needing to be *very* good at your job such that we would bring you in over some other class (or another mage!).

For reference here's our logs from Tuesday (dont focus exclusively on dps - though that is sine qua non):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v ... amageDone/

Do you think you have what it takes to prove yourself as someone who should be brought to raid in more then just the 'nobody else showed up' situation? If you do - I'd certainly love to have you. But just know that you would be in a very risky position to be cut - and would very much need to 'prove' it.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”