Salv - Shadow Priest (Transfer)

Even Baddier Baddies
Salveo
User

Salv - Shadow Priest (Transfer)

Postby Salveo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:21 am

Hey guys. I figured I would just post the template and fill it out down the line. For my own sanity, I spaced things out.

As a foreword to this application, I am not "actively" seeking a transfer. I am contemplating a move to a server that doesn't give me 200-300+ ms ping and am considering a variety of guilds. I'm a young guy, but I'm also a professional guy. WoW is a hobby for all of us, but I consider guild applications to be a lot like job applications, especially considering the amount of time that most serious raiders devote to this game. I take applications pretty seriously, so if this seems a little formal or wordy, I apologize. All that being said, if you're not interested in someone who may be accepted but decide not to transfer, please save yourself the time you would spend reading this. I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful - I'm just trying to explain my situation.

Player information:

- Age & Location: 24, State College, PA (I'm a non-student, don't worry - I just happen to live/work in a college town)

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 8p - 12m EST, give or take a few hours each way for raids; totally random times for doing my own thing outside of raids

- Number of Testicles: 2 (I'd love to see the applications that include odd numbers and/or fractions)

- Can you attend raids on these days: Yes to all required days, "possibly" to optional days. Let's be honest, I'm 24 and I live in a college town....I've gotta GMDW from time to time on the weekends. I'm occasionally out of town conducting training/consulting for work, but these trips are planned well in advance.

- Do any others have access to your account? No.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes - I have the iPhone app.

- How long have you played WoW: I have played off and on since around the time that TBC was released. I have raided seriously since WotLK was released, though not all of that was on the character in this application. Prior to WotLK, I raided 2-3 nights a week with a variety of moderately serious guilds that could never seem to stay together.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): On this character, I have cleared TotC 25 normal and heroic, ICC 10 normal 12/12, ICC 10 heroic 11/12, ICC 25 12/12 normal, ICC 25 11/12 heroic, RS 10/25 normal. My current guild has not put much effort into heroic RS 10/25, and as we are primarily a 25-man guild, we are currently working on LK 25 heroic. On previous characters, I cleared everything from T4-T7 on an affliction warlock and a holy priest (T4-T6).

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Sálveo (alt-0225), shadow priest

- Race & why did you choose it: Blood Elf - I originally chose this for the mana regen talent, as my intent was to play holy. I had played a holy priest before and was comfortable with it. I ended up staying shadow after leveling, so troll would probably be the way to go if I were to transfer and blow another case of beer (that's how I measure things, sorry) on the race change.

- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... %C3%A1lveo

- Can you describe the ruckus? In this day and age, can anyone really describe the ruckus? I would imagine it's a lot like Helen Keller trying to read a basketball.

- Professions and why did you choose them: Jewelcrafting - first talent choice for the obvious bonus of the straight SP gems. Blacksmithing - second talent choice for the extra sockets. Go ahead, make the jokes. I know that Engineering is the better choice, given the various useful perks, but in all honesty, I have enough to juggle with DoTs, "rotations" (more on that later), and raid awareness that I would probably forget to blow the additional CDs. I prefer the constant passive bonus of extra SP (or hit) from the two extra sockets.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? My MS is Shadow. It's pretty much cookie-cutter for someone with 1000+ haste. My OS is Discipline, but I'm not particularly experienced with it. I have healed some ICC 10/25 runs on a mix of normal and heroic. My only "real" experience of note is bubble-spamming on heroic Sindragosa, as our GM would respec holy and I would take his place as the lone Discipline priest in the raid. I'm not uncomfortable playing my OS, but I'm certainly not ready (or willing) to jump in as a full-time healer/bubbler.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

MS: I take what I can get, honestly. We use a loot council and are at the mercy of what drops. As Shadow, I focus on SP, haste, and crit (in that order). Hit is a big concern considering that I have NEVER seen the hit pants drop in normal or heroic, and my gems reflect that sad story. I was fortunate enough to get the trinket from normal Halion, but it put me over the soft haste cap. This is something that I can't fix easily, so I've been rolling with it for the last week or two. If I weren't raiding with 300+ ms ping each night, I would regem and fix this travesty. Unfortunately, Nazgrel's server is located on the west coast, and for the sake of not appearing to be a terrible priest on the meters, I keep the excess haste and spam a "no channeling" MF macro. That at least keeps me a bit more competitive, and since my hasted DoTs still tick while I lag the night away, it's not as awful as it could be.

OS: I think I logged out in MS gear, but my OS gear is 4-piece 264 with the 277 Corprethar Ceremonial Crown (I think there might be an apostrophe in there, but meh). The other pieces are a hodgepodge of mostly 264/277 gear that focuses mainly on SP and crit. I gem mainly for SP and SP/int, as my primary (though limited) OS role is as a bubble-spammer on a select few heroic fights in ICC. I'm sure you understand what I do and why I do it, but to show I'm not clinically retarded, I'll explain things. The SP is for bubblier bubbles, and the int is for more mana. Any crit I have, mostly from gear as opposed to gems, is for more DA procs. As I primarily go Discipline for heroic Sindragosa, all I really do is bubble the raid unless I have the debuff, at which point I twiddle my thumbs and go grab a beer. If I'm unlucky and don't break 3+ bubbles at a time for simultaneous mana returns, the extra int is to ensure that I don't go OOM in P3.

- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: My normal MS glyphs are Shadow, Mind Flay, and Mind Sear. I logged out with the Dispersion glyph because I was soaking Big Bangs for Algalon 10/25 runs. As I don't need the minimal mana regen from the SW:P glyph (I know how to use my Shadowfiend), I opt for padding the meters on trash with the Mind Sear glyph. It's actually not awful for taking out clusters of Bone Spikes and adds on LDW/Dreamwalker. My OS glyphs are PW:S, PoH, and Penance. I chose PoH over FH because of my infrequent role as a healer for heroic Sindragosa. If I have to cast more than a handful of FHs in that fight, it's probably going to be a wipe because a healer died.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? I open with VT, MB, MFx3 for full stacks of my hit/damage talents. I pray to Muqq that none of them miss, as I'm only hit-capped to 289, which assumes full stacks of Misery. If they miss, it's MF until I'm back to full stacks. From there, it's DoT juggling with MF in between. Depending on the group makeup in 10-mans, I throw MB in for replenishment. In 25-mans, I have been playing around with using MB when we have a boomkin and destro lock in the raid, as a high crit chance can actually increase my DPS despite what people say about dropping MB after a certain amount of haste. When everything procs (both trinkets, the ring, and Improved Spirit Tap) and I'm maxed out on buffs, I'm sitting around 6.4-6.6k SP depending on the destro lock, and a MB crit with the 30% ICC buff is too tempting to pass up.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? I'm not applying as a healer, but I'll explain a bit since I'm sure you're not sick of reading this application yet. As an OS healer, I usually end up as the bubble bitch. Spam bubbles, Penance/FH/PoH depending on the situation (single-target OMG TANK IS DYING, single-target top-offs, AoE, respectively), PI the top caster that isn't unchained or dead, rinse and repeat. I save PS for tanks who are low or are about take a huge (Rosie O'Donnell) amount of damage due to debuffs, boss buffs, etc.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I played one skirmish in full PvE DPS gear but forgot to spec back to Shadow after healing heroics. That about sums up my PvP experience. I enjoy the occasional BG in my welfare PvP gear, but that's about it.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I'm currently a member of Chain Pull on Nazgrel. As I mentioned above, Nazgrel is a few thousand miles away, and I don't know if I can keep playing competitively with 200-300+ ms ping. We're 11/12 heroic ICC 25 and are working on LK. I'm happy here, but if I can move somewhere else and have more of an impact, I'm all for it.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: This is more or less what I raid with. No, I don't always keep the character tab open. Image

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/15564/ That's my guild's WoL page. I was out last week, so you may have to go back to late August for anything meaningful. Keep in mind, I play with 300+ ms ping on the average raid night - DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE I'M SLOW!!!

- Alts & their name/level: Nothing significant. I have a ridiculously old 75 warlock that I use to transmute gems. That's about it.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): PM me if this is relevant - I'm not big on giving out my information online. It's nothing personal.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I was browsing the WoW recruitment forums, I read a bit about you, and I thought I'd give it a shot.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Well, as I mentioned above, I'm looking for something similar to Chain Pull but a bit closer to home. You obviously have your poop in a group, and you seem to be focused on progression beyond server firsts - you go for US/World rankings, and that really appeals to me. If nothing else, it gives me bragging rights at work - I work for a software company, and the vast majority of us play WoW.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I build my own machines, and my current desktop is a Core 2 Duo @ 3.00 GHz with 4 GB of RAM. I have an ATI Radeon 4830 and 4850 (crossfired) running in 1920x1080. Depending on the fight, I average between 25-45 FPS when I'm in full 1920x1080 resolution. With a few tweaks, I'm in the mid-60s without any problems.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below. Comcast cable - Image

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional. My vision for Cataclysm: Image

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:26 am

how attached to that á are you

Salveo
User

Postby Salveo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:38 am

Oh noes! You're not one of those guilds that requires real letters, are you?

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:34 am

Do you personally have issues with defile placement on HM LK 25? When you say little work on rs 25 heroic, have you had any attempts that have involved going down below and dodging cutters? If so, do you have issues with those? Do you feel the parse from, August 31st http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/167r ... amageDone/ , is an accurate representation of your dps capabilities? Do you recall that raid being particularly bad in terms of rng for you having to move for boss abilities or just any bad parses / boss fights?

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:34 am

Salveo wrote:Oh noes! You're not one of those guilds that requires real letters, are you?

yes
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Salveo
User

Postby Salveo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:07 pm

At this point, I think I'm going to close my application. Thanks for the consideration.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”