5/5 ToGC
12/12 HM ICC
Heroic Halion

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Vagatarian; druid
- Race & why did you choose it: Tauren, only option available
- Link to Armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... The+Martyr
- Can you describe the ruckus? Leon brings it to the ladies.
- Professions and why did you choose them: Enchanting for ring enchants, inscription for shoulder enchant

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Restoration, boomkin offspec. I play Boomkin in 10mans from time to time. I've played Boomkin in my main 25mans in the past, though I usually stick to healing. I know how to gem/enchant/my rotation as Boomkin. I have a feral tanking set as well, really only viable for pug 25mans and 10mans at the moment. Used to play kitty as my offspec, I keep up with feral spec changes as well as resto/boomkin.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
I’m going to focus mainly on resto.
Restoration- I am 3 pieces away from full BiS plus one more heroic Vanq token(shoulders).
1) Heroic Bone Sentinel's Amulet - Lord Marrowgar
http://www.wowhead.com/item=50609
I have seen the neck drop 4 times in the past. 3 times in my long-term guild but I had gotten loot recently before the others who needed it as well.
2) Heroic Plague Scientist's Boots - Festergut
http://www.wowhead.com/item=50699
I have seen the boots drop plently of times, but casters/priests/holy pallys have gotten it over any of the resto druids I've played with due to the hit/crit.
3) Heroic Professor's Bloodied Smock - Professor Putricide
http://www.wowhead.com/item=50705
I have never seen the resto belt drop off Professor, bad luck I guess.
I also have a 2nd solace and use it on Heroic Lich King and Heroic Halion if I am healing outside. Both of those encounters require me to tank heal a lot, and I find myself having mana issues unless I switch trinkets.
My gems are the best for the gear I currently have. When I pick up my last few pieces of gear I can change out the two SP/haste gems in my neck and bracers for full SP gems. I currently have those two gems so I will not have to spec into CF, letting me spec into Living Seed instead. The Living Seed talent is much more beneficial to me than the very little spell power I lose with these gemming choices. I primarly stay away from blue sockets and use the SP/%INT meta due to the little mana problems I have.
My boomkin gear is 264+277 ilvl pieces. Full tier 10 until I can use my crafted pants. I do only have one DPS trinket at the moment
My tanking gear is primarily ToGC+264 ilvl pieces.

- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Restoration:
Rapid Rejuv- There is always the debate going on about whether or not the RR glyph is good or not. I read forums often, but I prefer trying out stuff myself. Rapid Rejuv is good depending on the healers you heal with. If you're in a guild with great raid healers (holy priests/resto shaman/other resto druids) I personally would always use RR. Especially the 30freakingpercent buff in ICC right now, damage gets healed up pretty fast on most fights. Also, people who are for this glyph, say not having it for fights such as BQL/Fester/Twins is best. I completely disagree. Any good shaman is going to be chain healing off the tank or tank healing off melee. That plus a holy pallys HL glyph is going to give the melee a lot of healing. On BQL, I seldom heal melee unless they go below 40%. I keep my rejuvs on the ranged+healers which means I don't need a full unglyphed duration of Rejuv on my rejuv healing targets.
Swiftmend- Pretty mandatory glyph for a resto druid
Wild Growth- Wild Growth should be used on cool down on most fights (typically on melee). The only fight I would switch out this glyph on is if I was tank healing Heroic LK on 10MAN. I would switch it out for Glyph of Nourish.
Boomkin: Starfall, Starfire, Moonfire
Bear: Maul, Frenzied Regen, Growl

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
NA

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
I’m a better rounded resto druid than most others due to the fact that I actually use all of my heals, rather than just rejuv+WG and maybe Lifebloom when I *remember* to put it on tanks. I make effective use of all my healing spells on every fight.
On fights like BQL I can do the typical rejuv x5, wild growth rinse & repeat while still paying attention to when I should use swiftmend on a linked raider or when to use nourish during air phases to get a low raider topped off quickly. I know the most effective use of my rejuvs would be on ranged rather than melee, since resto shaman are most effective by chain healing melee plus holy light glyph healing from holy pallys.
On fights like Heroic Lich King I am capable of keeping up with a holy pally on tank healing since resto druids are pretty much unless on infest healing besides possibly spot healing and transition phases + frostmourne room.
I’ve healed Heroic Lich King with the 0%-5% buff as a tank healer as well as infest healer. I can be given any healing job or I can assign myself something to focus more on based on the healers I’m healing with.
My biggest strength with healing is picking out the weak spots in healing and strengthening healing as a whole. I have a healer of every class and have played every healing class in a high end raiding environment.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
I do not PvP

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Eye for an Eye – No longer raiding
Irregulars – No longer raiding
Space People – Lack of motivation of other raiders, drama inside the officer core, not a guild I wanted to continue into the expansion with
Bless The Martyr – Joined this guild recently, I was told this was a new guild formed of very experienced people who were all 11/12 HM… after my first raid with the guild, I realize no one is even close to the skill I was being told they had

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2190/w ... 205353.jpg
Same exact addons I use on my druid.
Keybindings: ` = Wild Growth, 1 = rejuv, 2 = Lifebloom, 3 = Nourish, 4 = Regrowth, q = Swiftmend, e = NS, r = Tranq, z = Cyclone, x = Roots, F = Vate, Shift + `= Brez, V = Warstomp, Strafe with A+D

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/57551/character/
I am Bigblackgurl, Vagetarian, Xxfreakee, & Spankeey (Had to name change a lot ;) )

- Alts & their name/level:
Moistee, Resto/Enh 80 shaman
Kinkynurse, Prot/Fury 80 warrior
Hpoa, Holy/Ret/Prot 80 pally
Freakstitute 75 mage
Getfreaky 61 priest
Ashleysfupa 71 hunter

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
AIM: Freakeebaby

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
Recruitment forums/I’d heard of Simple Math; No

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Mostly raid times and progression. I want a guild I can fully commit myself to. I don’t really want to backtrack on progression and you guys are a 12/12 HM + Heroic Halion guild. Also you seem to be actively recruiting a resto druid. I’m one of the best out there, and I know I can perform at your standards.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Currently applying at work, I don’t know my computers specs right now, but my typical FPS is around 60. I bought a computer last year and it hasn’t given me any problems since.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
Will answer this when I get home from work.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
Will answer this when I get home from work.

vix
User

Postby vix » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:28 pm

so you leave a guild thats 12/12 to join a guild on a different server that hasn't done shit, now you want to xfer off?

sometimes I just don't understand.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Do you personally have issues with defile placement on HLK 25 or with cutters on H Halion 25? What were your typical healing assignments for both fights? What do you feel your other responsibilities are if you're just assigned to "raid healing" ? If you could go over which guilds you got your LK 25 and H Halion 25 kills with I'd appreciate that. Looking at http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wnvfhc5etpfkquwx/ , you were behind xahl healing wise most fights, I know the legendary would have a decent amount to do with this but do you feel there are any other factors with this? I nor any other officers judge a healer strictly on numbers in parses but just curious about to why you feel they outhealed you practically every encounter that I viewed. I also like the curb your enthusiasm reference.

Nisay
User

Re: Vagatarian - Restoration Druid

Postby Nisay » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 pm

I'll start this off with saying I don't know much about druids. But I will say:

Your raid experience is really good. I like to see apps that have killed Heroic LK and Heroic Halion.

You filled out the app completely, except for the last 2 questions which you said you would fill out once you got home. But you didn't just give basic answers which I like to see. You seem very confident which is also great to see in an app.

My question(s) would be this:
Vagetarian wrote:- Number of Testicles: 0
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... The+Martyr
Why a male toon?

I know guys play female toons without anyone really questioning. But we've had some drama in the past where someone was given or bought a toon and then they proceeded to claim it as their own, saw this happen a lot in BC. Not saying you should be female if you are female or the other way around. I know many female raiders that rather be on a male toon to avoid attention and because they like the casting animation better then the female.

So I guess I'm just asking for your reasoning.

And to add you said:
Vagetarian wrote:- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
I do not PvP
But you have a lot of the PvP achievements done. So just wondering about that.

Ok last time I swear.
Vagetarian wrote:- How long have you played WoW: 4 years, played casually until Ulduar came out.
How could you play WoW for 4 years without at least doing some pvp or pve? Even if you didn't do either serious/hardcore.

Vagetarian
User

Postby Vagetarian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:06 pm

@Vixxx
I was orginally going to apply at 12/12 HM guilds. Simple Math, Ropetown and Cuties Only were three that I was looking at. Then I talked to the GM of Bless The Martyr and he was a former main tank of Exodus. Basically, I was told everyone in the guild was great, besides a few people. After doing Halion NORMAL last night I realized this was not the case. I seriously thought they were a bunch of legit members and we would kill Heroic Lich King shortly. Now I'm even nervous about doing ANY heroics with the guild. The guild master is a good guy, I just think it's going to take a lot longer to build the guild up than he expects it to.

@Neh
I never have problems with defile. Literally, never. I'm a healer so I'm obviously out of the group in P2 unless I have to be grouped for Valks. I'm very aware of my positioning on all fights. As a resto druid I pretty much have no excuse to ever be in the wrong place. I have plenty of movement heals to cast. I've pretty much learned to always assume Defile is on me. Cutters have never been a problem for me either.

On Heroic Lich King we brought 1 holy pally, 2 resto druids, 2 shaman, 1 disc. Disc was obviously on infest duty. Myself, the holy pally, and other resto druid tank healed. The two shaman were tank healing unless shields broke, disc got picked up, etc. Myself, the pally and other druid spot healed infest when needed. Mainly in phase one I'd keep full HoT's on the tanks and swiftmend/nourish if they dipped and swiftmended when ranged had to move. I used my mana lightly on the first phase. Transition phases I went rejuv crazy (on melee since they constantly take a lot of damage) rejuv+swiftmending low people. Phase 2 I tank healed and spot healed infest if there were 3 or more people with it still ticking. Phase 3 I would heal the main tank while keeping HoTs on the soaker tank as well, making sure he wasn't ever at low health.

On Halion we first tried with both resto druids inside along with a resto shaman and holy priest. Healing was bad outside so I got moved to heal outside. Then inside healing was bad so they moved the disc priest inside. Inside healers were: resto druid, holy priest, disc priest, resto shaman. Outside healers: Myself, holy pally, resto shaman. I stayed on the main tank, shaman stayed on add tank, holy pally healed both. Ten man Halion I would heal inside, we had a shaman and holy pally outside. I can dodge cutters.

Both 25M Heroic LK/Halion kills were with Space People. Effective healing wise, I outhealed Xahl 80% of the time. Val on a decent resto druid does amazing absorbs if you checked out his 30% absorbs on certain fights. Also, I use all of my heals more efficiently than he does. Resto druids aren’t hard to top most fights on healing meters. I was ranked on almost every fight back before the buff. High HPS as a resto druid isn’t hard to achieve. When I’m judging another resto druid I base a lot of healing meters on certain fights (Blood Council, Marrowgar). My overall “Healing” is lower than his, but if you factor out his Val and study his healing VS. mine you’ll see I do beat him in effective healing as well as I tank heal a lot more than him and I use wild growth much more than him. On fights were our healing is extremely close (effective healing wise), his rejuv healing nearly doubles mine, he uses wild growth half as much as I do, and I tank heal + use lifebloom twice as much as he does. Resto druids are “buffer” healers, proactive healers, on not JUST the raid but tanks as well.

@Nisay
Male Tauren are cute.

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Vagetarian wrote:@Nisay
Male Tauren are cute.
I added more questions. :)

Vagetarian
User

Postby Vagetarian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Nisay wrote:And to add you said:
I do not PvP
But you have a lot of the PvP achievements done. So just wondering about that.

Ok last time I swear.
Vagetarian wrote:- How long have you played WoW: 4 years, played casually until Ulduar came out.
How could you play WoW for 4 years without at least doing some pvp or pve? Even if you didn't do either serious/hardcore.

The PvP achievements are there because I love achievements, pretty sure I have about 0 Arena achievements. I battleground sometimes for achievements. I also had a hunter for a main before my druid, so I did not play it in Vanilla or most of TBC.

I played a few hours a week, mostly because my boyfriend did (who got me interested in wow). I really don't even remember what I did at the time in-game. I probably ran around killing boars.

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Vagetarian wrote:I also had a hunter for a main before my druid, so I did not play it in Vanilla or most of TBC.
This is also good to know. Sort of fills some gaps. Again would have been nice to know before hand.

Vagetarian wrote:The PvP achievements are there because I love achievements, pretty sure I have about 0 Arena achievements.
I figured it was for achievements. Just could say that for the answer instead of you don't pvp. :) I know it's me probably nitpicking. Sorry.

And you actually have 6 arena achievements. One being winning 300 arena matching. I'm pretty sure that would be something you'd remember doing. . .
Last edited by Nisay on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vagetarian
User

Postby Vagetarian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Nisay wrote:
Vagetarian wrote:The PvP achievements are there because I love achievements, pretty sure I have about 0 Arena achievements.
I figured it was for achievements. Just could say that for the answer instead of you don't pvp. :) I know it's me probably nitpicking. Sorry.

And you actually have 6 arena achievements. One being winning 300 arena matching. I'm pretty sure that would be something you'd remember doing. . .

The question was
I answered "I do not pvp" based on THIS question. I do not have a PvP rank. I did not do battlegrounds on this character, I do not arena now on this character, therefore no arena titles.

If the question asked if I did battlegrounds, sure. I do battlegrounds sometimes for fun. Battlegrounds are fun. I like battlegrounds.

Most of those achievements were from a few months after the expansion came out. Over a year ago. I clearly don't arena if I don't even have the 1750 achievement in any arena bracket.

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:35 pm

I answered "I do not pvp" based on THIS question. I do not have a PvP rank. I did not do battlegrounds on this character, I do not arena now on this character, therefore no arena titles.

If the question asked if I did battlegrounds, sure. I do battlegrounds sometimes for fun. Battlegrounds are fun. I like battlegrounds.

Most of those achievements were from a few months after the expansion came out. Over a year ago. I clearly don't arena if I don't even have the 1750 achievement in any arena bracket.
Wow.

Then it must just be me. Seeing as when someone says 'I don't pvp' it means they don't pvp at all. Now if someone says 'I only pvp for achievements' you're still answering the question but also taking out the doubt seeing as we look at your armory and see 'Hey she has a lot of pvp achievements yet she says she doesn't pvp'. . .

Hmmmm makes you think right? How would that look to you coming into a guild that has had past drama about people lying about owning their own toon(s)?

And you don't remember playing 300 arena games? Even if it was year(s) ago, you really don't remember that? Plus the fancy tabard that you got from doing so?'

When you say this:
Vagetarian wrote:I did not do battlegrounds on this character
Does that mean someone else did?

Vagetarian
User

Postby Vagetarian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Sorry, when people ask me If I have “arena ranks” and “pvp ranks” I assume they mean either ARENA or battlegrounds when there were battleground ranks. Therefore, I said no I do not pvp, in response to the question asked, like I already stated.

I didn’t say I don’t remember the 300 arena games I played. I said it was over a year ago so I don’t think it matters because it doesn’t seeing how I don't even arena enough to get over 1750.

When most guilds ask if you PvP, they usually specificy arena. I haven’t seen many guilds that ask “Do you do battlegrounds?”. So I assumed you primarily meant arena, because I realize there’s some sort of skill involved with that. On the other hand, I’m certain 80% of the people who battleground are completely retarded.

Even if the question was "Do you Pvp?" I probably still wouldn't even think to mention my 300 achievement arena games. And again, that question to me means, "Do you Arena?"

Vagetarian
User

Postby Vagetarian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:53 pm

ALSO.... my FULL quote was

I did not do battlegrounds on this character
DID = refers to Vanilla wow, obviously. Since the question just asked if I had PvP ranks.

Vagetarian
User

Postby Vagetarian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:59 pm

I'd love to give my knowledge about raiding and healing or boss fights/strats to help ensure you that this is infact my character, rather than argue about something that you misinterpreted.

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:33 pm

I don't mean to make a big deal out of this.

Vagetarian wrote:Sorry, when people ask me If I have “arena ranks” and “pvp ranks” I assume they mean either ARENA or battlegrounds when there were battleground ranks. Therefore, I said no I do not pvp, in response to the question asked, like I already stated.
You're reply to that question still doesn't make sense to me. I'm sorry to reply to a question asking if you have either vanilla or arena titles and you reply 'I do not pvp'. But looking at your toon to see that you do have some pvp achievements just seems like a lie (once again it's probably nitpicking and I apologize). Not a big deal doesn't make or break your app just saying that's how it came off to me.

Vagetarian wrote:I didn’t say I don’t remember the 300 arena games I played. I said it was over a year ago so I don’t think it matters because it doesn’t seeing how I don't even arena enough to get over 1750.
You're right you didn't say you didn't remember but you did allude to the fact that it was over a year ago. This had nothing to do with the opening app question this was more so directed at the fact that you said you were pretty sure you had 0 arena achievements. Here is your full quote so you can see what I saw:
Vagetarian wrote:The PvP achievements are there because I love achievements, pretty sure I have about 0 Arena achievements. I battleground sometimes for achievements. I also had a hunter for a main before my druid, so I did not play it in Vanilla or most of TBC.
That's the only reason I brought up that achievement. Seemed odd someone wouldn't remember getting that achievement if they played well over 300 arena games. /shrug

Vagetarian wrote:When most guilds ask if you PvP, they usually specificy arena. I haven’t seen many guilds that ask “Do you do battlegrounds?”. So I assumed you primarily meant arena, because I realize there’s some sort of skill involved with that. On the other hand, I’m certain 80% of the people who battleground are completely retarded.
the question was:
There was no need to assume it was just arena when they were asking for both past and present rankings.

Vagatarian wrote:Even if the question was "Do you Pvp?" I probably still wouldn't even think to mention my 300 achievement arena games. And again, that question to me means, "Do you Arena?"
lol I never said you had to mention that achievement. I merely brought it up when you stated that you were pretty sure you had 0 arena achievements. That was all. :)

Vagetarian wrote:ALSO.... my FULL quote was

I did not do battlegrounds on this character
DID = refers to Vanilla wow, obviously. Since the question just asked if I had PvP ranks.
You're full quote still shows that you said that you did not battleground on this character (your druid). So my question, I think, still stands as to who did?

Pretty sure there is no misinterpretation there. And I ask all of this just to have a better understanding and because I hate to just assume things. I'm sorry if that upset you in anyway that I would question your ownership of your druid.:)

Also didn't want to start an argument over silly things like pvp.

Vagetarian wrote:I'd love to give my knowledge about raiding and healing or boss fights/strats to help ensure you that this is infact my character, rather than argue about something that you misinterpreted.
And that won't ensure me that this character is yours. Just that you know the current content and know your class. Which I guess in the long run is all we are asking. And again no misinterpretation on my part I can assure you. I was just reading what your wrote. :)

I'm sure the officers can delete the posts because they probably have no effect on your app. Good luck with your app. /cheers

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Vagetarian wrote:I'd love to give my knowledge about raiding and healing or boss fights/strats to help ensure you that this is infact my character, rather than argue about something that you misinterpreted.

Maybe our resident resto druid could make a comment. :?: :?: :?: :?:
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”