Hoernswaggle Level 80 Orc Hunter Surv/MM Transfer

Even Baddier Baddies
Hoernswaggle
User

Hoernswaggle Level 80 Orc Hunter Surv/MM Transfer

Postby Hoernswaggle » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 18 Charlotte NC
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): During the summer most of the day, and after then anywhere from 5-12. One of the major reasons I am applying is because my current server is on west coast time, and the raid times are too late for me.
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: yes
-- Tuesday: yes
-- Wednesday: yes
-- Thursday: yes
-- Friday (optional): yes
-- Saturday (optional): yes
-- Sunday: yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: 3 years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
BC:
Mag, Karazahn, and Gruul, also Sunwell (in WotLK)
WoTLK:
25/10 man Naxx full clear
25/10 Man OS 2/3 25 man 3/3 10 man
10/25 Malygos
14/14 25 Ulduar 10/12 10 Ulduar 10/14 hms
Toc 10/25 Full Clear 4/5 ToGC 25, Never done 10 ToGC
10/12 ICC 10 5/12 hms 12/12 25 man 9/12 (almost 10/12)
RS 25 clear, never done RS 10.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Hoernswaggle Hunter
- Race & why did you choose it: Orc, increased pet damage and blood fury.
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Hoernswaggle
- Can you describe the ruckus? A lot of loud noise and chaos!
- Professions and why did you choose them:
Jewelcrafting - To have prismatic gems for myself, and to cut gems for my alts.
Engineering - Nitroboost, parachute, haste to gloves, as well as repair bots and other fun things
( I also have 450 fishing, cooking and first aid. I have no problems bringing fish feasts to raids if asked.)
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I am currently MM main spec, and have a survival offspec.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: I have all mail gear with arp,ap,crit,haste, and hit for MM. Os gear is the same.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
MM:
Glyph of Chimera Shot - Reduces the CD on chimera shot, my highest dps skill.
Glyph of Steady Shot - Increases my damage of steady shot.
Glyph of Serpent Sting - Increases the duration fo serpent sting.
Glyph of Mend Pet - So I don't have to feed my pet.
Glyph of Feign Death - Reduces the CD of FD.
Glyph of Revive Pet - So i can revive it in battle if needed.
SURV:
Glyph of Hunters Mark- I had this for me and the other hunters of my guild when I was survival.
Glyph of Explosive Shot - Increases the crit chance of my most important spell.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? - I am new to MM, and will start using it in my raid this week, but have practiced a little.
MM: Hunter's Mark, Serpent Sting, Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Steady Shot, Silencing Shot. From there it is a priority rotation, I hit my shots when they are off cooldown and steady shot in between.
SURV: Hunter's Mark, Serpent Sting, Explosive Shot, Black Arrow, Aimed Shot, Steady Shot. I keep Black Arrow and Serpent Sting up on the target, hitting explosive shot and aimed shot when they are off cooldown, and using steady shot in between.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I don't pvp really at all on this characted, though I have a mage for PVP.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I am currently in Club House, I really like the guild and the people in it, but since the server is PST, I just cannot make the raids anymore with my new job's hours.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Image

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:
I found one of my guild members who did put up WMO of our raid this week. I was survival for this last raid week.
This week I will be MM, and can post meters later on in the week if desired.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1838358 -- Tuesday
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1839514 -- Wednesday
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1840963 -- Thursday

- Alts & their name/level:
Talkinnskope/80/Mage
Spetsnazz/80/DK
Healsforuu/80/Priest
Yomamaa/74/Lock
Roflstompz/58/Warrior
Kakapopopipi/31/Druid
Loveshock/23/Shaman

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: On the forums, and I don't know anyone.. yet.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Well your progression is amazing, I really want to try a PVE server, and I need to be on a East Coast server. I am a pretty laid back guy, and I can take criticism well.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I use a dell XPS M1530 with 125 GB, $GB RAM and Nvidia GForce graphics Card. Typical FPS between 30-45

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
I use Roadrunner High Speed Online

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
Yeah, I win awards for my art all the time.

peril
User

Postby peril » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Armory isnt working.

Hoernswaggle
User

Postby Hoernswaggle » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:26 pm

Nisay
User

Re: Hoernswaggle Level 80 Orc Hunter Surv/MM Transfer

Postby Nisay » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Hoernswaggle wrote:WoTLK:
25/10 man Naxx full clear
25/10 Man OS 2/3 25 man 3/3 10 man
10/25 Malygos
14/14 25 Ulduar 10/12 10 Ulduar 10/14 hms
Toc 10/25 Full Clear 4/5 ToGC 25, Never done 10 ToGC
10/12 ICC 10 5/12 hms 12/12 25 man 9/12 (almost 10/12)
RS 25 clear, never done RS 10.
Not a fan of your lack of experience with hard modes.

Hoernswaggle wrote:- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
MM:
Glyph of Chimera Shot - Reduces the CD on chimera shot, my highest dps skill.
Glyph of Steady Shot - Increases my damage of steady shot.
Why would you take Chimera Glyph over Kill Shot?

Hoernswaggle wrote:- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Well your progression is amazing, I really want to try a PVE server, and I need to be on a East Coast server. I am a pretty laid back guy, and I can take criticism well.
Last I checked we were a PvP server. Unless you are talking about a PvE guild maybe?. . .

Why are you using T10 legs?

What made you decided to go MM for your raiding spec?

Why would you get a socket bonus of +8 AP over +6 agility?

Why 24 crit to boots?

Why do you take focused aim when you are already over hit cap with just your gear?

Can you explain your trinkets, please.

Hoernswaggle
User

Postby Hoernswaggle » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Well the only hardmodes 25 man I have not killed are Putricide (got him to 3 pct last week, will hopefully get him this week) I have done attempts on Sindragosa, and watched the videos for H LK.

I went off what the MM hunter in my guild has... I guess i'll go change it.

I must have misread, PVP server is fine with me.

I am using t10 legs because I was recently survival, I know I need to get the Chest, and than Heroic Leggings Of Northern Lights for MM.

I ran my numbers at http://www.femaledwarf.com/ and saw I could do about 500 more dps as MM.
I was in a hurry to replace all my agil gems with arp, and I overlooked it.
Because the nitro boosts help a lot with some fights, such as PP and Sindragosa.
Because the gear I need to get does not have hit on it, so I need to prepare.
DMC: Because I have no luck, HDBW never drops for me, and the only time I saw Heroic Fanged Skull,I rolled a 2 on it.
War Token: I replaced Wrathstone with this, because it was a huge upgrade and good for surv, I know I need to get Sharpened Twilight Scale and DBW.

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Hoernswaggle wrote:I went off what the MM hunter in my guild has... I guess i'll go change it.
What if I'm wrong? I was simply asking your reasoning why you'd use Chimera Glyph over Kill Shot. If all you did was go off of what another hunter has or is doing is that always smart? I'd rather see numbers to back up why you're doing something and not 'Well he's doing it so it must be right'

Hoernswaggle wrote:I am using t10 legs because I was recently survival, I know I need to get the Chest, and than Heroic Leggings Of Northern Lights for MM.

I ran my numbers at http://www.femaledwarf.com/ and saw I could do about 500 more dps as MM.

I was in a hurry to replace all my agil gems with arp, and I overlooked it.
In my opinion: It's best to have everything in line before apping to a top end raiding guild. It's good to see you know what you need. Would have been even better to see that being executed.

Hoernswaggle wrote:Because the nitro boosts help a lot with some fights, such as PP and Sindragosa.
And LK. :) Forgot you were an engineer. Oversight on my part.

Hoernswaggle wrote:Because the gear I need to get does not have hit on it, so I need to prepare.
So you're preparing for gear that you have yet to get? And could take weeks to get? So you are wasting stats in waiting for this gear. There is planning ahead but. . . I honestly don't know lol. This just seems silly. Is it that hard for you to respect when it comes time to needing the hit?

You never got a Death's Choice? Or Mjolnir Runestone? Are you running these instances to get better trinkets each week?

Haste is just not a stat hunters use all that much at the moment. Come Cata yeah but this isn't Cata.

Hoernswaggle
User

Postby Hoernswaggle » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Well I think glyph of chimera shot is better because it is my highest dps shot, and firing it more times is more dps.

I see what you mean, im going to go respec and go out of focused aim.

Ive been running toc every week, and will run it again this week, and hopefully get lucky.
My guild also does HM Saurfang tonight, and I have a lot of dkp :)

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Hoernswaggle wrote:Well I think glyph of chimera shot is better because it is my highest dps shot, and firing it more times is more dps.
Have you tested it? Compared the two? Even read up on EJ and other hunter forums? You said that you just switched to MM right? Just curious once again.

On a side note: Kill Shot is our biggest hitting shot and should be used on cooldown over everything else.

Hoernswaggle
User

Postby Hoernswaggle » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:52 pm

I just looked it up, and all the sites said chimera is only better if you have latency under 100ms. Mine is usually between 150-300, so I just replaced chimera with killshot.

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:34 pm

How do you decide your DPS upgrades? Looks like you would farm content with this guild fine but if cata has anything remotely hard I think you would get left in the dust tbh.
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:38 pm

Also you got hit by a Frost Bomb on NORMAL Sindragosa and your dmg is god awful. Hunters should be #1 if not top 3 on dmg done to her and your 11th.

Also if your coming from a bad guild to a good guild you kind of want to be the best in that bad guild especially if said guild your apping to has everything on farm since they have nothing to really test you on.[/i]

Hoernswaggle
User

Postby Hoernswaggle » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:05 am

Would like to add that I just got Heroic Leggings of Northern Lights, and am a few badges away from the T10 chest, and I already got the mark to make it sanctified.

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Do you have a retort for

Also you got hit by a Frost Bomb on NORMAL Sindragosa and your dmg is god awful. Hunters should be #1 if not top 3 on dmg done to her and your 11th.

And can you answer

How do you decide your DPS upgrades?

Hoernswaggle
User

Postby Hoernswaggle » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:28 pm

For Sindragosa I disconnected during her air phase, and was lucky to only be hit my one bomb. As for my dps, the disconnect hurt it, and I was survival not MM that week.

I decide my dps upgrades a few ways, I look at the stats I will gain/lose, I check to make sure I will stay hit capped, and I know all of the BIS gear for my spec.

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:08 am

Hoernswaggle wrote:I decide my dps upgrades a few ways, I look at the stats I will gain/lose, I check to make sure I will stay hit capped, and I know all of the BIS gear for my spec.
It's good that you know your BIS gear. But do you know some of the in between gear to work your way towards that BIS gear?

For example with your gear what can you see right now that you could improve that wouldn't be BIS?

As MM we try to get as close to ArP cap as we can. With hit for us it's not that hard to gem, enchant, and use talents to stay hit cap.

Why are you still taking a +8 AP socket bonus over at least +6 agility?

Does your guild know that you're looking for a new guild? Cause I think it's pretty low for someone to be doing that and still taking gear from their current guild, even if it is a DKP based loot system. Just my personal opinion.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”