Tyrindor - Marksman Hunter Transfer

Even Baddier Baddies
Tyrindor
User

Tyrindor - Marksman Hunter Transfer

Postby Tyrindor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: I'm 23 years old and live in Iowa.
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 4PM to 2AM, everyday. I can be on other times if requested.
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes, if known in advance.
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes I do.

- How long have you played WoW:
Since launch with a few small breaks here and there. I took a large break during Burning Crusade for real life. I will be able to play for all of Cataclysm.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Pre-BC: Cleared Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, AQ20, AQ40 (Up to Huhuran), and Onyxia.
BC: Cleared Karazhan. Didn't play much for this expansion.
WoTLK: Cleared Naxx 10/25, Sarth 3D 10/25, Malygos 10/25, Ulduar 10/25 (Including all hard modes, Algalon, and server first Yogg 0 Keeper), TOC10/25, TOGC 10/25 (A Tribute to Insanity for 25 man), ICC10 (12/12HM), ICC25 (11/12HM), Halion 10/25 (Normal), HM Lich King (25) to ~56%, and HM Halion (25) to ~47%.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Tyrindor, Hunter

- Race & why did you choose it:
Orc, I mainly choose it for Blood Fury.

- Link to Armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Tyrindor

- Can you describe the ruckus?
"A few years ago, along with an agent I had at the time, I was supposed to write a high concept comedy. The agent was a pretty slick dude, more slick than I probably deserved, he even had an umlaut in his name, which I've always wanted, but he knew his shit and was ready to lob me into the Hollywood scene like a grenade. I had plenty of ideas/barely started screenplays to pick from, and he had his umlaut. We settled on The Stand-In, a high concept comedy."
Source: http://pjrodio.blogspot.com/

- Professions and why did you choose them:
Jewelcrafting and Enchanting. I choose these because they benefit raiding, and also help out the guild. Being able to enchant rings and get +34 ArP gems is great for increasing my DPS.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

Primary: Marksman 7/57/7
Secondary: Marksman 0/55/16
I usually raid as Marksman, however i've been known to go Survival if the raid is lacking replenishment. I currently have my secondary spec as PVP since I haven't needed to go Survival for some time now.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
Main Spec: I tend to go for gear that has ArP, Crit, and AP. I try to avoid gear that has Haste. I gem for ArP, assuming i'm hit capped and haven't reached ArP cap. I use femaledwarf as a spreadsheet, but I also use common sense if I think it is incorrect. I feel that having Greatness is the largest problem with my current gear, and it is greatly hindering my DPS. I've been very unlucky with trinkets and hope I can get it replaced soon. I'm also aware that the T10 pants are not that good, the only reason I have them is because they dropped in VOA, and I was wearing Ulduar pants. Overall, i've been extremely unlucky with drops.
Secondary Spec: I don't PVP much, so I only have 4 pieces of wrathful for when I do.

- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Main Spec: Serpent Sting (Increases Chimera Shot damage), Glyph of Steady Shot (You use this skill 3 to 4 times in every rotation, depending on Rapid Fire, Blood Lust, etc), Kill Shot (I use this over Chimera Shot and Aimed Shot glyphs because both glyphs cause your rotation to mess up. You want Chimera Shot and Aimed Shot to be on the same CD, so you can use Steady Shot properly.)
Secondary Spec: Exact same but I use Disengage instead of Steady Shot. You are normally on the move in PVP, so Steady Shot isn't worth it.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
After Serpent Sting is applied, Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot, Steady Shot x3. During Bloodlust or Rapid Fire you can fit 4 Steady Shots in. I only use Call of the Wild when I can stack it with Rapid Fire or Bloodlust. I pop Readiness whenever Rapid Fire, Chimera Shot, and Aimed Shot is on CD. I never use Rapid Fire during a Bloodlust because it lowers Steady Shot below GCD, causing a DPS loss.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
None. I don't PVP much.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Limited Edition on Dragonmaw - Early WoTLK Content. I left this guild because I felt they were not up to par for harder and upcoming raids.
Farm Status on Rexxar - Ulduar/TOGC Content. The guild broke up during TOGC progression (Anub'arak). Took a break from the game at this point.
V I P on Executus. This guild was not up to par, and they soon broke up after not being to down HM Putricide.
Iniquity on Cho'gall. After joining I found out that they had a few of their main raiders leave the guild recently because they weren't happy with the guild's performance. It seems we are doing the opposite of progression, and LK gets worse and worse. The GM threatened to disband the guild and our raid leaders barely talk on Ventrilo anymore. None of the officers want to be there. I want to progress, and this is not something I would like to be a part of.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://img180.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnsh ... 01121.jpg/

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4qml8fckvpkrkifi/ (I'd just like to note that I am far from BiS in all slots, while most of these people i'm raiding with almost all BiS. My DPS is lacking due to my gear. I hope that this will not be a problem since I plan to play for the long-term.)

- Alts & their name/level:
I do not have any Alts.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
AIM: Tyrindor

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
I found you using the Guild Recruitment forums. I talked to Nisay for a few minutes before deciding to post my application, but other than that I do not know anyone.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
I want to be a part of a solid guild for Cataclysm and current raids. I don't want to have to worry about my guild not being there when Cataclysm launches. I'm tired of constantly having to deal with people holding raids back and I want to feel like I am equal in skill level with the rest of my guildies. I'm looking for a long-term guild to progress with for the rest of this expansion and all of Catalysm, and this guild seems perfect for that.

I have experience in every fight in the game, and am ready for Catalysm. I will put forth effort to make sure we progress as a top guild, and maintain 100% raid attendance. On top of that, I can guarantee that I will be on early for raids, and waiting outside the instance for my raid invite. I do not like to waste time, and will never stall the raid.

I do understand my gear is slightly lacking, however I feel that given the chance I will be a great addition to Simple Math for the long-term.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
i7 920 @ 4.2GHz, 6GB G.Skill DDR3 2000, ATI Radeon 5970. I sit at a solid 60FPS during 25man raids on Ultra settings.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
Boston:

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/2691/82162973.png

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:25 pm

How do you feel about tater-tots?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:41 pm

On saurfang are you responsible for killing adds or are you solely on the boss? The festergut parse you linked, is that a particularly good festergut for you? For things like H LK 25, do you personally have issues with defile placement? Are you responsible for tranqing the shamblers? Do you have issues with cutters on H Halion? I understand your complaints of not having the gear you desire dropping but looking at the number of kills you have of certain bosses I feel that the effort isn't entirely there. Looking at the parse you gave us, you'd be dead last in our raids for the 3 - 4 bosses that I feel are an equal playing field for most dps classes. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, I don't think your gear is that bad to warrant such a thing.

vix
User

Postby vix » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Whether or not you are killing adds; 11k dps on Saurfang is completely unacceptable. You weren't on adds a lot and had a high active dps time. What did you do wrong?

Tyrindor
User

Postby Tyrindor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Nehraxus wrote:On saurfang are you responsible for killing adds or are you solely on the boss? The festergut parse you linked, is that a particularly good festergut for you? For things like H LK 25, do you personally have issues with defile placement? Are you responsible for tranqing the shamblers? Do you have issues with cutters on H Halion?

My job on Saurfang is to distracting shot the furthest add and keep it on me while the melee DPS it down. I'm also dropping a trap 5 seconds before adds come out. Both of these things are why my DPS is so low on the fight.

As for festergut, my DPS is lacking. I think after I get DBW or a similiar trinket that my DPS will be much higher.

I am responsible for tranqing the 2nd shambler, and i've never had a tank die because of enrage. As for defile, I immediately move away from the group after the valks pick people up. If for some reason I got defile while still in the middle of the room (due to stacking valk/defile timers) I would immediately disengage.

I've never been killed by a cutter on Halion (minus one time when the entire raid was killed due to a bad raid call), but we've only done a few heroic attempts. Normal mode is a joke, and during H Halion attempts I was always one of the last people alive.

I understand your complaints of not having the gear you desire dropping but looking at the number of kills you have of certain bosses I feel that the effort isn't entirely there.

I'm not really sure I get what you mean. Effort as in my DPS is lacking, or effort in getting gear? My guild is ran by a corrupt loot council system and we've had very few hunter drops. Very few drops were ever given to me, and always given to senior raiders and officers. We no longer run TOGC, so my only chance at DC is normal TOC and half of the raid always needs the trinket.

Looking at the parse you gave us, you'd be dead last in our raids for the 3 - 4 bosses that I feel are an equal playing field for most dps classes. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, I don't think your gear is that bad to warrant such a thing.

I'm playing my class correctly and doing my rotation correctly. I come from a 46th world guild during Ulduar (Farm Status) and I was in their top 5 DPS on almost all bosses. Trinkets are a huge source of DPS, and having Greatness is a huge loss of DPS for me. I only have 1 piece of 277 T10 as well. Joining a raid with people in full 277 gear, I would expect to come in last in DPS.

I would not mind talking to some of your hunters to see if they see anything wrong with my playstyle/rotation, but I believe it is strictly gear. My rotation is the same as it was back in Ulduar.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Tyrindor wrote:I only have 1 piece of 277 T10 as well.

Tyrindor
User

Postby Tyrindor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Vixxx wrote:Whether or not you are killing adds; 11k dps on Saurfang is completely unacceptable. You weren't on adds a lot and had a high active dps time. What did you do wrong?

I don't agree with our Saurfang strategy. I have to constantly drop traps, and distracting shot adds. This greatly hurts my DPS. 11k DPS + having to do all that given my current gear is rather acceptable in my eyes. If I could just sit on saurfang like half our raid does my DPS would be greatly higher.

Linalos wasn't dropping traps like he was suppose to be and his DPS isn't much higher than mine, it's a huge dps loss to run up to Saurfang, drop a trap, then disengage back into my spot. Jshepherd just sits on the boss. I am the worse geared person in the raid plus I am almost all utility with our strategy.

vix
User

Postby vix » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:31 pm

make toc 25 pug

ninja DC

leave raid

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:31 pm

I have bad luck with trinkets. You have a greatness.
Isn't there a trinket in a 10 man somewhere? Or an ICC 5 man? or badges? lol

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Amye wrote:I have bad luck with trinkets. You have a greatness.

i got my "epic" achievement in 03/17/09. i believe greatness deck was part of that achievement.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Tyrindor
User

Postby Tyrindor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:42 pm

There's DC (TOC25/TOGC25), WFS (ICC10 Lady), and DBW.

DC is hard to get since my guild doesn't run TOC anymore. I try to pug it every week, and every week it doesn't drop or someone else takes it.

WFS hasn't dropped ever for me.

DBW has dropped twice and both times went to people with normal DBW over me. Who know's maybe it will drop tonight but I doubt they'll give it to me over people that have been in the guild for years.

Tyrindor
User

Postby Tyrindor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:45 pm

grouch wrote:

i got my "epic" achievement in 03/17/09. i believe greatness deck was part of that achievement.

I've had greatness since 12/27/08, earning my "superior" achievement . I've used it since Naxx, and i've yet to get a better trinket. I'm not really sure what I can do about have bad luck. :?

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:50 pm

I was referring to lack of effort when it comes to gear, especially when just about every other post has something along the lines of "my gear is terrible". I don't enjoy doing 10 mans all that much, even if it's an upgrade or a bis piece, but according to your armory you have 2 Lady Deathwhisper kills (Heroic Icecrown 10 player). I don't really think having a piece of gear on a main character for more than a year can be summed up to bad luck.

Goratha
User

Postby Goratha » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:57 pm

I was going to wait for Nisay to post (so I could agree with whatever she said!) but I suppose I could post my opinion. Greatness deck is pretty bad but not as bad as you guys are making it out to be, it lasted until ToGC for me.

I actually read this application and it was filled out, so thats a plus. However, I noticed you said you only steady shot x3 unless bloodlusted? Maybe I'm doing it wrong (not likely!) but I can get 4 steady shots in each rotation... and my haste is at 0.

Tyrindor
User

Postby Tyrindor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:01 pm

Nehraxus wrote:I was referring to lack of effort when it comes to gear, especially when just about every other post has something along the lines of "my gear is terrible". I don't enjoy doing 10 mans all that much, even if it's an upgrade or a bis piece, but according to your armory you have 2 Lady Deathwhisper kills (Heroic Icecrown 10 player). I don't really think having a piece of gear on a main character for more than a year can be summed up to bad luck.

I thought I put on my app that I just came back roughly 2 1/2 months ago? Maybe I didn't. After Farm Status broke up I took a break from the game for 6 months. There is no lack of effort on my part. I've been unable to get locked to a new ICC10 because we were doing Bane of The Fallen King for the last few weeks.

They have alts run 11/12 HMs each week, and then they extend it for next week. So each week we are using a one week old 10man instance with only LK up.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”