Tyrindor - Marksman Hunter Transfer

Even Baddier Baddies
Tyrindor
User

Postby Tyrindor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:03 pm

Goratha wrote:I was going to wait for Nisay to post (so I could agree with whatever she said!) but I suppose I could post my opinion. Greatness deck is pretty bad but not as bad as you guys are making it out to be, it lasted until ToGC for me.

I actually read this application and it was filled out, so thats a plus. However, I noticed you said you only steady shot x3 unless bloodlusted? Maybe I'm doing it wrong (not likely!) but I can get 4 steady shots in each rotation... and my haste is at 0.

Wierd. If I use 4 steady shots, it clips into my Chimera Shot causing it to be delayed by about .5s every rotation. According to everything i've read about hunter rotations, it's better to use 3 and then wait the .5 seconds to use Chimera Shot as soon as it comes off CD.

Tyrindor
User

Postby Tyrindor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:18 pm

I just got done talking to Goratha and I think he might be right about the 4x Steady Shot thing. I'm going to do some tweaking to my rotation tonight and see if I can't get some better numbers.

Thank you for all the replies and helpful critism, i'm always looking for ways to improve my playstyle.

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Farm Status on Rexxar - Ulduar/TOGC Content. The guild broke up during TOGC progression (Anub'arak). Took a break from the game at this point.

Yo Tyrindor Tunapants here. Sorry to do this but I dont want SM up a creek.

Basically he dipped on FS prior to me joining (it was why I was recruited) and then came back when we started doing well in ulduar and then before we called it quits he dipped again and was gkicked for not logging on for a while. Good hunter but I wouldn't put it past him to dip again when he gets bored or w/e makes him stop playing comes along again. If you dont believe me ask Rinx in Vigil how he feels about him, Rinx was Farm Status GM.
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Tyrindor
User

Postby Tyrindor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:17 pm

holyshoot wrote:
Farm Status on Rexxar - Ulduar/TOGC Content. The guild broke up during TOGC progression (Anub'arak). Took a break from the game at this point.

Basically he dipped on FS prior to me joining (it was why I was recruited) and then came back when we started doing well in ulduar and then before we called it quits he dipped again and was gkicked for not logging on for a while. Good hunter but I wouldn't put it past him to dip again when he gets bored or w/e makes him stop playing comes along again. If you dont believe me ask Rinx in Vigil how he feels about him, Rinx was Farm Status GM.

Seriously?

I stopped playing because the guild died. Constant drama and gquits, everyone constantly complaining about the guild's performance. Half the time we tried to raid we sat around with 23 people. I was insanely nice to you, I even gave you Windows 7 for FREE and you wanna throw that on me?

FYI, Rinx and I have already talked and put the past behind us.

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:01 pm

Tyrindor wrote:
holyshoot wrote:

Seriously?

I stopped playing because the guild died. Constant drama and gquits, everyone constantly complaining about the guild's performance. Half the time we tried to raid we sat around with 23 people. I was insanely nice to you, I even gave you Windows 7 for FREE and you wanna throw that on me?

FYI, Rinx and I have already talked and put the past behind us.

Thats why I pre-stated it with an apology. And that doesnt explain why you left prior to me joining (or just after i joined) and then randomly came back when we killed Algalon.

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Also as far as your gear...

T10 legs suck, you should get Lady D heroic/non heroic ones and use 264 t10 helm, thus giving you more crit and arp. (unless the spread sheet says other wise but I'm pretty sure it will say going the route I said is better). And I assume glyph of dissengage is for pvp purposes or something? Its def not necessary for HM LK.

Tyrindor
User

Postby Tyrindor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:18 pm

holyshoot wrote:Also as far as your gear...

T10 legs suck, you should get Lady D heroic/non heroic ones and use 264 t10 helm, thus giving you more crit and arp. (unless the spread sheet says other wise but I'm pretty sure it will say going the route I said is better). And I assume glyph of dissengage is for pvp purposes or something? Its def not necessary for HM LK.

You are looking at the wrong spec for Glyphs. I use Steady, Kill Shot, and Serpent for PVE.

Also, I know T10 legs are bad, the problem is Lady won't drop the legs, and i'm not next in line to get them. I've never seen them drop.

Thats why I pre-stated it with an apology. And that doesnt explain why you left prior to me joining (or just after i joined) and then randomly came back when we killed Algalon.

I quit for Aion, to play with RL friends. Then I decided to come back. Rinx knew all about it. It had nothing to do with the Algalon kill. After I came back we quickly got Yogg 0 keepers. As for the 2nd time the guild was dead, Rinx and I recently talked about it. I was going to rejoin the remake of Farm Status but they were full on hunters.

I actually was trying to find you few months ago to say Hi.

Anyway, I'm trying to join a new guild for Cataclysm, so there's no way i'm going to be leaving in the near future.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:30 pm

holy god excuses

Tyrindor
User

Postby Tyrindor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:51 pm

then came back when we started doing well in ulduar

Also, I just want to say I was with Farm Status for the first Ulduar raid and everything up to, and including, firefighter with 100% attendance. I quit about a week after we got firefighter, and I was gone for less than a month. Gave them a week notice in advance, and they even replaced me before I left. You can confirm this with Rinx if you want. My replacement was gone by the time I came back, so I think you replaced my replacement. The only "first" kills I missed were 3 trees and Algalon.

Tyrindor
User

Postby Tyrindor » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:05 am

Amye wrote:holy god excuses

Honestly, just pull my App. I'm not going to try to prove myself. If you don't want me, thats fine. I'm just not going to sit here and try to explain something that happened a year ago.

Tunapants, thank for very much for trolling me when you clearly knew very little about what happened. I hope you enjoy that $400 software I gave to you for free. I'm such a bad person. Cya.

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:29 am

Nah I didnt want it to come out this way but you just gave off the impression of a flake leaving like you did (or at least that was the impression I had). Just don't want this guild to gear someone up then have them disappear out of nowhere is all.

blind
User

Postby blind » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:51 am

Damn Holyshoot you're such a bad person

hydra
User

Postby hydra » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:40 am

This app played out too quickly. I demand an extension on the fun.
Minty wrote:FUCK YOU HYDRA TAKE YOUR SIG OFF YOU CRACKA ASS MUTHA FUCKA DATS CARBONS TO USE OR NOT USE.... I'm tellin grouchhhhh.

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:42 am

Goratha wrote:I was going to wait for Nisay to post (so I could agree with whatever she said!) but I suppose I could post my opinion.
This is the first chance I've gotten to read over the app and post. It's about time you say something Goratha. :)

So I know I'm a little slow on this one. You asked if you should put an app up and I said you should be fine if you were only worried about your gear because your gear wasn't all that bad and I can understand having some bad luck on things. We've only seen 1 heroic mail belt as well as just getting our second mail heroic bracers from gunship last week.

It is nice to see that you filled the app out completely. Also that you gem and enchant things. You have 2 raid buffing professions also a plus. So when it comes to these things you are one of the better hunter apps we've seen in a long time.

In my mind gear can always be fixed or worked on (which I hope you are doing). The player on the other hand. . . yes can learn and grow, but at our level I would hope you are already there. When I heard from Goratha that you only used 3 steady shots between shot cooldowns I worried some but talking to Goratha I hope you sorted that out.

Also hearing from Holy I got concerned. I get that everyone gets burned out, needs a break, guild breaks up or real life just kicks them in the ass. But it's a worry when you leave for another game because new games are always coming out. I just wonder how you can guarantee that you'll be playing for Cata from your past record.

I'm sorry if I misguided you into putting up an app. :?

About your gear we were talking about your legs and you explained the reason. I know many that don't have the mail Lady D legs either will wear 2p T9 (helm and legs I think along with being heroic versions I think) or they will make the leatherworking mail legs ([Draconic Bonesplinter Legguards]). Did you think of that? To be honest I hadn't until this morning when I read over your app, which is a miracle cause I'm not very awake in the mornings lol. In doing so you could use T10 helm, which has better stats as was pointed out, as well as the crafted legs. Would keep people from asking why you use T10 legs at least.

Also keep trying for the trinkets. If anything I'd try and set up your own pug(s) and reserve the trinket or buy it off of someone.

Again sorry for the late response.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”