Anesthetic - Arms/Prot Warrior

Even Baddier Baddies
Anesthetic
User

Anesthetic - Arms/Prot Warrior

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 24 Windsor, Va. A charming piece of nowhere, someone kill me.
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Usually as many as I can cram in when I don't feel like playing xbox or busying myself on my pair of Rx7s. Usually at least on to do the Daily Heroic and as many more as I can do before getting bored.
- Number of Testicles: 2, but I wanna get the Lance Armstrong treatment so I can sleep with washed up singers.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Si
-- Wednesday: Da
-- Thursday: Oui
-- Friday (optional): Hai
-- Saturday (optional): Ja
-- Sunday: Igen
- Do any others have access to your account? Nope
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes, I've had one since the original blizzard store opened.
- How long have you played WoW: Too long, as in my first character was a Dwarf Mage long.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Full Disclosure! Alright, here goes.

Lucifron, Magmadar, Gehennas, Garr, Shazzrah, Baron Geddon, Golemagg the Incinerator, Sulfuron Harbinger, Majordomo Executus, Ragnaros, Razorgore the Untamed, Vaelastrasz the Corrupt, Broodlord Lashlayer, Firemaw, Ebonroc, Flamegor, Chromaggus, Nefarian... yada yada. Full cleared everything, including Naxx Pre-BC. Saw all through Black Temple during BC, then Sunwell shortly after 3.0. Have killed everything in the current expansion outside of Zero Light Yogg, and 25Man TotGC and up due to the guilds lack of motivation.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Anesthetic, General Anesthetic. Warrior, I like to hit stuff, and be hit by stuff
- Race & why did you choose it: Orc, with the removal of the self MS from Bloodfury, as well as the nerf to Tauren's HP bonus in top level gear, I chose Orc for the Axe Expertise and the Added AP...and Orcs look sexier than Tauren.
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Anesthetic
- Can you describe the ruckus? The ruckus is what happens when a man loves a woman very very much.
- Professions and why did you choose them: Back on Alliance on Dalaran I had all my alts across all professions to take care of my needs, but now, I'm thinking of dropping mining for JC.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? PvE Arms/Deep Wounds Prot. Depending on gear levels, I can and will change to Fury if NEEDED to. I also occasionally change to Bloodthirst prot to solo farm old raids.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: As you can see, Prot was my main spec before. Most of it is geared for sheer EH, and I do have other sets for Block Value and Hit/Expertise. My DPS spec is the usual, hit cap, exp cap, stack strength, ArPen cap with trinket proc.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Arms: Rend, MS, Execute. Prot: At the moment for tanking heroics, Blocking, Cleave, and Shield Wall. If I need to go back to offspec tanking for raids, back to Devastate, Shield Wall and Last Stand.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Some of it is situational, except for rend, always applied first, and applied AFTER it falls, I'm not an affliction warlock. >20%: Without sudden death procs its a smooth Rend-MS-Slam-OP, continue. When Sudden Death procs, I usually replace slams with Executes, which is the same as what I do sub 20%, replace slam in the rotation with execute. Heroic Strike is over 50 rage.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? Enraged Regeneration. It heals for like 900 a tick.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Marshal!
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: If we are talking recent, I was in Slice of Life on Dalaran. I ended up leaving due to the nature of the players. Gear up, don't log on for anything until the next patch comes out, as well as having to pug people to do 25 man ToTC kinda burned me out. The guild was just too casual for me.

I am currently in Fallout on Black Dragonflight, I was asked to come over and play with a friend(Rapíer), so I did. I'm an FNF/PVP rank and do not raid.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
Thumbnail for larger. DXE and Omen not pictured. Cooldown bar shows up under health bar when a cooldown is active.
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: My last guild was too casual for such things, and I was tanking anyways.
- Alts & their name/level: Oh lord, I used to have alt-itis, so this is going to hurt.
Yeldaheal - 80 Dwarf Priest
Yeldashield - 80 Human Paladin
Aaura - 80 Spaceberry Hunter
Huylekutya - 80 Gnome Warrior
Varju - 80 Undead Mage
Windwall - 80 Spaceberry Shaman
Varju - 80 Gnome Warlock
The rest are sub 80, but over 70. Orc Shaman, Nelf Druid, another Spaceberry Hunter, Undead Rogue, Belf Paladin and a bunch of other crap I don't play, I'm back to one character.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): AIM: ZomgItsPreston, dont use it much. Steam: Uncleshagwar XBL: Lawlercaustic and if I'm REALLY needed, I can PM interviewing parties my cell number, I've been doing that with big guilds since EQ1.
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I've heard of Simple Math before, originally from someone trolling one of my old server's forums, either Dalaran or Shattered Halls. I was actually approached by Grouch in a random LFG group, not knowing it was the GM.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I'm looking for a place to actually RAID again, which I haven't done with much gusto since, oh, vanilla WoW. I had a quite pleasant conversation with Grouch this afternoon which hit me the right way and made me get off my ass, out of LFG queue, and over here to drop an app. After reading the information on the recruitment page, I feel that I would be a good match with the guild.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Its a tier or so behind the curve now, damn electronics moving so fast. E6600, overclocked, 8800GT, 4 Gigs of Ram. Its solid, and usually nets me between 50 and 100 FPS in raids depending on AoE and location.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below. Simple Verizon 3meg, cheap and effective.
45 MS on wireless on my laptop isn't bad at all, my PC is on traditional CAT-5, I rarely ever see ping over 70 in game, ever on the busiest night.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
Inspired by my favorite game of all time, which I played through earlier today. Enjoy. Thumbnailed of course.

blind
User

Postby blind » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:59 pm

I really need to go take a shit and when I come back I hope you will be logged out in your real gear set and find some meters to post. Thanks!

Anesthetic
User

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Logging out of my sexy mining suit is an easy task to accomplish, finding some reports is a whole other story as my prior guild started using Worldoflogs AFTER Icecrown dropped, I was a full time tank for them at the time anyways.

blind
User

Postby blind » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:08 pm

You can record your own combatlog in your guild raid or a pug and upload it. It's not hard, anyone can do it. This could be the best application in the world but it can only go so far without meters.

Anesthetic
User

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:17 pm

I'll try to sneak into a pug run for something and get a log.

grouch
Admin

Re: Anesthetic - Arms/Prot Warrior

Postby grouch » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Anesthetic wrote:- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? PvE Arms/Deep Wounds Prot. Depending on gear levels, I can and will change to Fury if NEEDED to.

you prefer arms for raiding then i take it? can you log out in your arms gear and spec?

also, any news on the webstats?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

blind
User

Postby blind » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:55 pm

You still didn't log out in your right gear. Not interested in your offspec gear.

Your rotation seems fine but tell me:
Do you go for expertise cap as Arms? If not, how is your rotation different?

Seems like a good app overall. Plus rogues would like an arms warrior I assume.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:23 pm

mining -.-

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Can you add to the "those looking to apply" thread saying "Don't bother applying with a gathering profession"?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

tibb
User

Postby tibb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Nehraxus wrote:mining -.-

well he IS a prot warrior too ;P

edit for yellow smiley.

vix
User

Postby vix » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:23 pm

i like his name

Anesthetic
User

Postby Anesthetic » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:32 am

I was Mining for the Stamina before the JC gem upgrade. I'm sitting on 10k-ish gold at the moment, if I find myself a spot somewhere as arms, I intend on pumping it into leveling JC.

I'm getting into the guild run tomorrow for AT LEAST Saurfang supposedly.

As far as my gear goes, Prot WAS my main spec, so my gear for that is MUCH MUCH better.

I'll check back in tomorrow night with a WWS report if they let me tag along.

Blind: You don't actively SEEK Expertise as arms, if it comes on gear, that is fine. Getting ArPen softcap with trinket is fine, then STR STR STR. Once in ICC gear though, and using DBW/WFS, I think that'll change quite a bit, such as gemming straight ArPen probably.

The rotation doesn't change any, except for the extra overpower chance from DODGED attacks. It would allow for a handful of extra Overpowers during a fight based on RNG. Given its higher crit rate from talents, its a good choice.

blind
User

Postby blind » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:02 am

Okay, just wanted to make sure you don't actively go for EXP cap as Arms. What I meant about the change in rotation is that if you are EXP capped you would wait to use OverPower right before the next one procs, if you aren't EXP capped (which you shouldn't be as arms) then you use OverPower right away as it procs incase another one will (cause of dodges). Which is what you kind of said so I'm happy you are aware of that.

I'm confused what you meant by getting soft ArP cap with ArP trinket. You shouldn't be using an ArP trinket for arms. People were able to hit ArP HARD cap (without trinket) as Arms since the beginning of TOGC. I hope you aren't using an ArP trinket but I can't tell since you still haven't logged off in the right gear.

Anesthetic
User

Postby Anesthetic » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 am

I am at the moment, because being the raid leader in my old guild, I was more concerned with my raid performing at its max, than me picking up something I would use maybe once a month when someone decided to step in for me. I also need to hit at the moment, I don't have nearly as much gear to pick and mix as I do with prot, so GT filled the hole nicely at the moment.

I could probably PUG an Ulduar and pick up a Wrathstone, Pyrite Infuser, or if I get really desperate, drop the phat badges on a Mirror... which I haven't had to do since 2 weeks after the xpac came out.

The question is though, Even at such a close rating to ArPen Cap(with proc), Landsoul's still rates it as better than 1 point of Strength. Is there a reason I shouldn't be listening to the spreadsheet that I'm missing? It might just be the old EnhSim ways ingrained into my brain, but I'd figured I'd ask the method to your madness.

Every other trinket seems to be a 100dps loss or greater, UNTIL DBW/WFS, and even then, it provides a better DPS increase to replace GT second, as using either DBW or WFS WITH GT provides more DPS than replacing GT first.

Now if I had ever gotten a Death's Verdict, even the nonheroic one, that changes everything. But I lost the last one to a DK in a pug on Dalaran doing less than 2k dps... in 25man.

blind
User

Postby blind » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:13 am

I don't know why the SS tells you it's not a dps upgrade to be ArP Hard Capped. It should be pretty obvious. It is so easy to be hard capped as Arms that there's no reason why you should need to use an ArP trinket. Arms Warriors were ArP Hard Capped (With BiS gear) even in Ulduar, then it got nerfed in ToC but was still duable at beginning of TOGC.

Can please logout in your Arms DPS gear. We're not recruiting a tank, I asked a few times now.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”