-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Depends
-- Saturday (optional): Depends
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- How long have you played WoW: 3 Years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Pre-BC (Classes:N/A): None, I didn't play Pre-BC

BC (Classes: Warlock/Rogue): Cleared=Kara-Gruul-Mag-SSC-TK-ZA-Hyjal-BT. 0/6 Sunwell, I took a break from the game.

WoTLK (Classes: Death Knight, Rogue) Cleared(DPS/Tanked)=Naxx, Sarth 3D (10/25), Malygos. 14/14 Ulduar, 6/9 Hard Modes, Didn't complete Firefighter (9% Wipe) or I Choose You Steelbreaker. 2/3 Keeper Freya and 1/4 Lights in the Darkness. TOC 10/25-Cleared. TOGC 10-DPS/Tanked-Cleared, TOGC 25-DPS-4/5, I have put in multiple nights of full Anub'arak attempts, I know the fight like the back of my hand.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Dreadend-Death Knight
- Race & why did you choose it: Orc-Best DPS Racials by far
- Link to Armory:

Armory-http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=Dreadend
Tank Set-http://www.chardev.org/?profile=310764

- Can you describe the ruckus?
Ruckus? What ruckus?
- Professions and why did you choose them:
Blacksmithing-Allows me to add extra sockets to my gloves/bracers, this is more beneficial than other professions because I can socket anything I want instead of being forced into strength or attack power such as in alchemy or enchanting.
Jewelcrafting-Allows me to add more powerful gems to my gear and pre-3.2 was arguably the best raiding profession in the game due to the gems being prismatic.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Main Spec-Unholy-16/0/55-http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfmMVZZf0hIxcdg0zx0uIqo:Lsb
Off Spec-Unholy-17/0/54-http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMVZZf0hILcdg0zx0uIqo:Lsb

These specs are relatively the same..... The only is difference is 1 point in necrosis and bladed armor. Basically necrosis is better in a single target, but the extra AP from bladed armor is better for AOE fights such as anub'arak. I respec to tank and PvP a couple times a week
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
4 Piece Tier 9.25 is the best set bonus death knight's have ever had. I have the tier 9.25 legs, but they are itemized very poorly for unholy since death coil is a huge part of our DPS and scourge strike isn't affected by armory yet. All enchants are pretty standard. I chose the 21 Agility and 3% Crit meta because the 10 extra strength gained from not having to socket an extra blue gem is more DPS than 21 crit is over 21 agility. I socketed 10 strength/haste in my helm because the socket bonus is 8 strength, more than enough DPS to choose strength/haste over pure strength. Why haste? Pets gain 100% of a death knight's haste which is enough of a reason alone to stack haste as a secondary stat. In addition to that though it reduces the GCD and I can barely go through my normal rotation without having 1-2 runes off CD by the time I'm done. Some might argue that crit is better once you acquire 4 piece tier 9, but they are the same and as soon as you drop it you will need to resocket the crit for haste. Stat weights might change by that time though. I socketed two 10 strength/hit gems because the only other option I have to acquire hit is a DPS downgrade over socketing+using an upgraded item. I swap bandit's insignia out with fury of the five flights depending on if a fight involves a lot of movement. I chose sigil of virulence because strength scales with everything a death knight does and 200 strength is better than an other sigil option currently available.

- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Glyph of Icy Touch-The glyph allows for an extra death coil to complete my rotation without having a GCD go to waste.
Glyph of Dark Death-Currently death coil is our hardest hitting ability, seems pretty obvious it would be good to buff my hardest hitting attack.
Glyph of the Ghoul-Some would argue that glyph of disease is better because you can apply diseases when you have all of your procs up and continue rolling them the entire fight, but unless we're going to be farming patchwerk or playing world of simulationcraft I don't see how it could possibly beat glyph of the ghoul. I'll admit there are some fights that are tank and spank and I will carry around a stack of glyphs to swap these for those fights.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Icy Touch->Plague Strike->Blood Strike->Scourge Strike->Blood Strike->Death Coil->Death Coil->Rinse and Repeat
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
I reached rank 6 in 3v3 earlier this season when I was on Cho'gall and held top 10 until my paladin left to pursue a career as a pro gamer. The previous season my 3's team went 1-1 with Toez, he's currently on the #1 3v3 in the world and has gotten rank 1 multiple times on his priest.

Top 10 SS-http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/raginpandas/top10ss.jpg
Defeating Toez SS-http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/raginpandas/WoWScrnShot_072709_005908-1.jpg

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

(Invidious-Skullcrusher)-The guild was dying, the core members were quiting, we were constantly recruiting new, undergeared members who we had to relearn content with. Eventually I xfered off the server to Cho'gall in order to PvP. Where I joined Surprise Mutiny....

(Surprise Mutiny-Cho'gall) The guild felt like there was a lot of favoritism, being new I could understand that and the primary reason I left was to PvP on Sargeras. However, I have seen PvE in a new light and no longer have an interest in xfering to PvP.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:
http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/1138593

I didn't remember to start the log until after northrend beasts. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/1139470

That is the log of a TOC 25 PUG I led.

- Alts & their name/level:
Notdreadend-80 Rogue-Cho'gall
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
AIM-HeyImDreadend
In-game on Sargeras
[email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
I remember reading one of your member's posts on the dungeon and raid forums back in BC, A scrub's guide to MH/BT, I was scrolling through the guilds on wowprogress, saw your guild name and remembered it from the post. I don't know anyone.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Basically because you guys seem like a solid guild with a drive to succeed and do well in this game while still relaxing and having fun with it. *Looks at the last question*
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @3.16 GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 2044MB RAM

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series...... FPS=30-40
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.

Hairy
User

Re: Dreadend-Unholy DPS

Postby Hairy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:55 am

Dreadend wrote:How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I remember reading one of your member's posts on the dungeon and raid forums back in BC, A scrub's guide to MH/BT, I was scrolling through the guilds on wowprogress, saw your guild name and remembered it from the post. I don't know anyone.

GRAGNARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadlyintent
User

Postby Deadlyintent » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:48 am

Pretty Solid app. I think this is the only DK app I've seen that didn't look like complete shit. Vent interview imo

Abhorrent
User

Postby Abhorrent » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Knew of Carryz on Cho'gall? He's mah boy.

Edit: thorough app. and covers pretty much everything.

Russak
User

Postby Russak » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:42 pm

Abhorrent wrote:Knew of Carryz on Cho'gall? He's mah boy.

God you so Gangsta

Dreadend
User

Postby Dreadend » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Abhorrent wrote:Knew of Carryz on Cho'gall? He's mah boy.

Yeah I knew him, Carryz=Pro Status

vix
User

Postby vix » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:37 pm

but hes from fucking south carolina

you guys are nuts

strebla
User

Postby strebla » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Who did you raid with on Sargeras? Only Invalid and VoS are on Hard Anub25

Dreadend
User

Postby Dreadend » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:18 pm

I went to Sargeras to PvP, but like I said, not interested in xfering to PvP anymore.

Deadlyintent
User

Postby Deadlyintent » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Did you used to play on Exodar?

Dreadend
User

Postby Dreadend » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 pm

Yes, along time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Deadlyintent
User

Postby Deadlyintent » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:54 am

in Season 5 amirite?

Dreadend
User

Postby Dreadend » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:08 am

Yup

thoughtless
User

Postby thoughtless » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Solid app - minor nitpick. Its debatable these days that the 21 crit vs 21 agility isn't worth it. It's actually viable if using a 10str/15stam gem activates a +6str or higher socket bonus.

Overall very nice app though

Dreadend
User

Postby Dreadend » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:18 pm

good point

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”