Hello from Freeproduct (Army)

Discuss all WoW-related things here.
Freeproduct
User

Hello from Freeproduct (Army)

Postby Freeproduct » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:27 am

Hey folks,

Just graduated from BCT at Fort Knox, Kentucky. I completed my first 8-10 weeks of my 16 week OSUT training for 19D calv scout. I'm chillin' at the Ramada hotel somewhere in kentucky close to base enjoying my family 2 1/2 day break from training. The training sucks dick but on the bright side, all the dumb bullshit is done and out of the way now. We start the good shit on monday. Like working with Bradleys, (tank) Hunvees, Strikers, and get to blow up some shit using the mark 19 auto grenade launcher and etc. The only cool thing in the BCT portion of my OSUT training would have to be the whole working with weapons part. I got to shoot the M240B, the heavy barrel 50 cal, the M203 Grenade Launcher, and some other cool shit. Qualifying with grenades was pretty sick to. Like i said the training sucks dick but my platoon has the best drill sergeants imho. They're both scout snipers and arn't push overs like the others that train us "wanna be" calv scouts. That being said, my platoon was the only platoon that got a 100% first time go at BRM (Basic Rifle Marksmenship). My final graduation date will be on June 10th, 2010. And from what i read from my AKO account last night, I'm going to be stationed at FT. Wainwright, Alaska. I don't have to report to my duty station until later in July so I should have a nice break to enjoy life a little before leaving again. But when i do get to my duty station i plan on setting up shop in my barracks lulz. We'll see how things go.

I hope guild progression is going strong still and that SM will continue to do well in the future. I hope to get back into gaming and the wow community when the oppertunity arises for me again.

p.s. Grouch, Neha, Grey, and Thoughtless keep up the good work.
Simple Math is not technology, not equipment. Because they are 25 main members of the Fight deep understanding, tactics developed than us, they do not have the Boss immortality of the spirit of Call.

Veloxic
User

Postby Veloxic » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:17 am

Great to hear from you and get an update man, seems your doing well too. Your post reminds me it's been a while since I've done any shooting outside the pistol range. Too bad you weren't stationed closer at Killeen, TX or I'd buy you a drink in celebration of you graduating.

Progression is going pretty well, and right now there's about 100 US guilds stuck where we are, on hardmode LK-25. Keep going and keep in touch.

Taurruus
User

Postby Taurruus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Hey I graduate from high school on the same day, cute.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:30 pm

word, keep up the good work!
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

vix
User

Postby vix » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

good work man, nice to hear that everything is alright

Psychotron
User

Postby Psychotron » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:24 pm

no pix

Freeproduct
User

Postby Freeproduct » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:47 am

One of the several confidence courses we did, this is the terror tower. 4 Stories up then back down. This was one of my favorite obstacles.

There's one of my drill sergeants, Drill Sergeant Coffelt; and the last of my platoon getting over the last set of walls.

Shooting my M4 Carbine at one of the many ranges we went to.

Picture of another platoon outside our barracks in formation, phasing from white phase to blue phase i believe.

Another day at the range =-)

Simple Math is not technology, not equipment. Because they are 25 main members of the Fight deep understanding, tactics developed than us, they do not have the Boss immortality of the spirit of Call.

Freeproduct
User

Postby Freeproduct » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:38 am

done with OSUT training, getting stationed at Ft. Wainwright Alaska. Getting attached to 25th Infantry Division. Getting deployed to Iraq next spring. Scouts Out!

Veloxic
User

Postby Veloxic » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:44 am

/salute
Keep on going man, be smart and be safe.

Camarin
User

Postby Camarin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:31 am

Get your Multicam yet, or do you still have that god awful ACU?

Freeproduct
User

Postby Freeproduct » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:50 am

still have the fugly ACU but when we hit the sand we're supposed to have the new cam or the desert version of it. the new cam isn't going to the big army till 2011. i'll try to get some pictures uploaded sometime this weekend.

Camarin
User

Postby Camarin » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:59 pm

The ACU-D version? Unno, ACU isn't bad, but the colors they chose are fucking terrible. I mean if we are fighting in gravel pits it is top notch, otherwise lol. Good thing I get MARPAT.

Return to “Public Discussion”