Achievement Run Ulduar-25(May 1st)

Discuss all WoW-related things here.
Veloxic
User

Achievement Run Ulduar-25(May 1st)

Postby Veloxic » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:37 pm

I will be leading an achievement focused Ulduar-25 on Saturday May 1st @ 7:30pm servertime. I will be looking for achievement minded raiders who are willing to wipe repeatedly for achievements if needed. This will NOT be a Glory of the Raider run, although popular GotUR achievements may be done(Razorscale/Iron Dwarves will be saved for last). I hope to make as much of this group out SM members as possible, but do intend to pull other achievement minded raiders in.

This raid will be highly selective and taken only on a signup basis, post here if interested.

Total Confirmed: 10/25 + tentative 11/25

Tanks:
Veloxic

DPS:
Physical: Nisay, Goratha
Casters: Amye, Isenguard, Satheling, Mohr

Healers:
Kylae, Merkal, Cynessa

Tentative
Tanks:
DPS:
Healers:Grouch
Last edited by Veloxic on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Isen
User

Postby Isen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:17 am

i'd go if we didn't wait to do dwarves last. won't get done when people are tired of wiping on general or yogg, etc. and start dropping.

Veloxic
User

Postby Veloxic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:09 am

Isen wrote:i'd go if we didn't wait to do dwarves last. won't get done when people are tired of wiping on general or yogg, etc. and start dropping.

The reasoning on this is 2 part. Again the run will be mainly for achievement's sake, not a mount, etc. As I said in the OP we'd be likely to do a few GotR achievements, but without structuring it the way I have I'd be running the risk of a small chunk of the raid leaving upon getting Iron Dwarves. I've done a less organized attempt at this before and had quite a bit of interest in the vein of, "get me in for dwarves", so I'm sure you can understand that.

Perhaps it wouldn't be last achievement done, but it certainly won't be first or second.

Goratha
User

Postby Goratha » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:28 am

i'd like to go

Hairy
User

Postby Hairy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:31 am

can bears go?

merk
User

Postby merk » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:01 am

id go

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:09 pm

i'd go if we dont wait til midnight to try to do dwarves. I realize that you veloxic don't need it but if we're going to spend all night getting you achievements you could work on one that you don't need. And I dont think there is anyone besides like me and Carbon that just need dwarves. Tranq is the only one with all the achievements for a drake and they did multiple dwarves achievements. I don't see people running away right after dwarves. Because they dont have and or couldn't get all the other achievements anyway. I think people would leave after trying to do something with freya or trying to kill so many guys on yogg or whatever.

and you could just inspect people to see if all they need is dwarves.

also sorry if i sound snippy.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:35 pm

i will go for sure *if* i'm around. aside from this coming weekend i'm rarely ever available on fri/sat.

the more you can clear the better, get us an instance with only yogg up :]
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Amye wrote:also sorry if i sound snippy.
*hands Amye a bottle of Midol* I'll need that back though. :)

I'm not the one setting up the run but I can see both sides. If you've ever gone on any of Veloxic's 10 man achievement runs he's very fair. He always ask what achievements are needed for the boss that we are on and tries to do as many as we can per boss. There is also the option of extending if we find we spend more time on some achievements then others and don't want to do another full clear to get to the end bosses.

We can always clear up to Kologarn (or any boss that's near a teleporter) and once we get him down take the teleporter back and do Dwarfs if it seems like it's getting late or people are getting frustrated. Will all depend on what Veloxic decides and also what the group looks like. One way or the other, for me at least, I'll do Dwarfs even if we can only get a few each week I have no problem doing that achievement even to the point of setting up a group for that achievement alone.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Nisay wrote:

I'm not the one setting up the run but I can see both sides. If you've ever gone on any of Veloxic's 10 man achievement runs he's very fair. He always ask what achievements are needed for the boss that we are on and tries to do as many as we can per boss. There is also the option of extending if we find we spend more time on some achievements then others and don't want to do another full clear to get to the end bosses.

We can always clear up to Kologarn (or any boss that's near a teleporter) and once we get him down take the teleporter back and do Dwarfs if it seems like it's getting late or people are getting frustrated. Will all depend on what Veloxic decides and also what the group looks like. One way or the other, for me at least, I'll do Dwarfs even if we can only get a few each week I have no problem doing that achievement even to the point of setting up a group for that achievement alone.

You are a skank.
:wink:

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Amye wrote:
Nisay wrote:

You are a skank.
Fine! I'll take my Midol back!

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Nisay wrote:
Amye wrote:
Nisay wrote:[quote="Amye"]also sorry if i sound snippy.

You are a skank.
Fine! I'll take my Midol back![/quote]

FINE

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 pm

Amye wrote:
Nisay wrote:
Amye wrote:[quote="Nisay"][quote="Amye"]also sorry if i sound snippy.

You are a skank.
Fine! I'll take my Midol back![/quote]

FINE[/quote] Let's not fight.
Here:

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:03 pm

woohoo

Return to “Public Discussion”