Hunter help

Discuss all WoW-related things here.
Budd
User

Hunter help

Postby Budd » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:12 pm

I'm looking for some tips/ advice for my hunter. I applied here before when I was WAY undergeared and had to lie that my made up brother did it to avoid further trolling (which was very nice may I add).

I play survival, and my armory link is here http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... rhal&n=Bud
If possible, could you give me some tips on my gear/gems/enchants? Also, ill put my rotation down so you can comment on it.

(All targets marked) Explosive>Blackarrow>Serpent>Multi>Steady>Steady>Explosive etc

I'm really trying to best improve my play and you guys are probably the best on the server to ask.

Thanks-Bud

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:17 pm

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:19 pm

my suggestion for improving play, drop one if not both of your gathering professions.

Budd
User

Postby Budd » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Nehraxus wrote:my suggestion for improving play, drop one if not both of your gathering professions.

Yea I have around 4k g now so I was going to take up LW and JC

vix
User

Postby vix » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Elitist Jerks - Where you go for information no one gives a fuck about.

Barberry
User

Re: Hunter help

Postby Barberry » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Budd wrote:I'm looking for some tips/ advice for my hunter. I applied here before when I was WAY undergeared and had to lie that my made up brother did it to avoid further trolling (which was very nice may I add).

I play survival, and my armory link is here http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... rhal&n=Bud
If possible, could you give me some tips on my gear/gems/enchants? Also, ill put my rotation down so you can comment on it.

(All targets marked) Explosive>Blackarrow>Serpent>Multi>Steady>Steady>Explosive etc

I'm really trying to best improve my play and you guys are probably the best on the server to ask.
Thanks-Bud

Well I'm not super pro or anything. I just found this post browsing around but I noticed a few things (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anyone): Your gemming is a bit off. Crusader's Dragonscale Breastplate comes with a yellow/red/blue gem: So why stick two yellow agi/crit gems in there? Why not stick the +20 agility gem in the red/nightmare tear in the blue the deadly ametrine in the yellow socket? Crit is very nice, but agility translates into ap/crit/pet's ap which is super important.

Gemming agility in your belt is better for the reasons mentioned above. If you're not going to pick up the bonus from the 2H weapon - you should be gemming agility. You should also opt for +110AP (I probably wouldn't bother with your weapon either given that it could be replaced easily). However, given the new LFG system: Farming the mats for said enchant isn't that hard either.

With the new LFG system: It's very easy to farm your 4set bonus quickly - Get it done. You're over hit cap (8%): Replacing the Onyxia neck with Charge of the Demon Lord off of TOC25 should help: You will also gain a few AP points in the process.

Both of your professions are gathering skills: Get something more useful like Jewelcrafting (that's 3 +34Agility gems you can socket in), Blacksmithing (+2 extra sockets), enchanting (AP ring enchants), or LW (AP bracer enchant). There is also a bow that drops from the new heroics: Check into it.

Elitist Jerks is an awesome sight like someone else mentioned -> Here is one that is hunter specific.
http://forums.tkasomething.com/

I tend to come on the forums ocassionally and chit-chat - Ask any/all questions you have there: I gaurantee you will not only get a thorough answer but an explanation as to why things may work a certain way.

Hope that helps.

Budd
User

Postby Budd » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Barb that site helped a lot and thanks for the tips you were right, I never really thought about my gems but it makes sense the way you put it, also, where can I farm my Tier set, is it badge gear or ToC material. Thanks

Budd
User

Postby Budd » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:40 pm

Budd wrote:Barb that site helped a lot and thanks for the tips you were right, I never really thought about my gems but it makes sense the way you put it, also, where can I farm my Tier set, is it badge gear or ToC material. Thanks

Found the answer to my question, thanks

Barberry
User

Postby Barberry » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:54 pm

Budd wrote:
Budd wrote:Barb that site helped a lot and thanks for the tips you were right, I never really thought about my gems but it makes sense the way you put it, also, where can I farm my Tier set, is it badge gear or ToC material. Thanks

Found the answer to my question, thanks

^_^

hydra
User

Postby hydra » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:26 pm

My existence is some kind of cruel joke isnt it?
Minty wrote:FUCK YOU HYDRA TAKE YOUR SIG OFF YOU CRACKA ASS MUTHA FUCKA DATS CARBONS TO USE OR NOT USE.... I'm tellin grouchhhhh.

Barberry
User

Postby Barberry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:53 pm

hydra wrote:My existence is some kind of cruel joke isnt it?

Only because this is what happens when you have no pron.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:24 pm

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Barberry
User

Postby Barberry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:22 pm

Ninetales wrote:http://www.deathball.net/notpron/

Oh sweet - kind of like one of those old play hack sites.

Return to “Public Discussion”