Baddies
Believe
User

Shadow Priest

Postby Believe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:05 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 22 Melbourne Florida
- Number of Testicles: 2 ;)
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes i do!!
- How long have you played WoW: Since vanilla and played on and off to present because i was super young and in school.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Full clear of VoA, Nax, OS, EOE, 8/14 Ulduar, Onyxia, Full normal ToC Clear, and Anub Kill on heroic, 11/12 normal icc, 12/12 heroic (all when current content playing mage) full heroic Siege (fury warrior) 5/7 mythic highmaul (imperator kill) 9/10 mythic BRF (500 attempts on blackhand 4% wipe) 13/13 heroic HFC clear 13/13 normal also, 3/13 mythic as of now.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Believee Priest baby!
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... e/advanced
- Race & why you chose it: Troll Because i like to slag my guild! lol i kid i kid.. i like their casting animations and i like haste for cop when i switch to it.
- Professions and why you choose them: Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting, Being able to make armor upgrades i saw more plate users buying upgrades so i went with Blacksmithing and JC for making my own gems thanks to kazzak supplying infinite felblight.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? currently i am shadow/shadow but i can play disc/holy just don't have healing off spec trinkets, ring (i have the legendary ring) and neck.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): i have finally reached my BIS gear as of that i have been able to obtain there are still a few items i would like to play around with such as new bracers and ring/belt but unbuffed i like being at 26.10 haste, 39.20 mastery, 23.92 multi and 25.82 crit (this could be around 28%) for AS everything buffed is best optimal for AS (i have COP off gear)
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: normal rotation depends on fight obviously for example hellfire assault cascade, mind blast and shadow word pain are priority for adds.. for demos mind blast, devouring plague and mind bender (with 4 set minder bender is up 24/7 with a 30% multi buff when it fades) it usually switches between all targets doing a shit ton of damage.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Exalted -Runetotem (9/10 mythic BRF) core was a mess when i joined.. main tank, one healer and two dps left when i was recruited to play with friends and when we finally picked up again the other tank left after our 4% wipe on blackhand so they decided to take a break two months before hellfire came out.. so i decided to move on to supremacy for hellfire since i couldn't find another mythic BRF guild on blackhand with supremacy we went 13/13 normal HFC and 13/13 heroic HFC and lost 3 healers when we couldn't kill mythic assault after i left i joined Deimos claimed to have a bunch of world first achievements in RIFT but new to wow so average ilvl was 690-700 however we got 3/13 mythic and 3-4% wipe on council but the officers were very disrespectful in general (not towards me but to some of the other raiders) for minor things creating a negative raiding environment and also it was a free to talk there was not a set group of individuals calling things out so vent was a mess.. and people always screaming and yelling at each other where i had to mute some people because they didn't talk about anything relevant to the fight lol.. and a bunch of other guilds i joined and ended up leaving close to the time i joined two guilds lied about progression to get me to their server (used an alt for recruitment) then i got wise and started checking everyone out first but enough of my rant..

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID): (had to screenshot a video i recorded of our mythic assault kill using windows 10 and it got my background as well for some reason.)
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 05/latest/ (from dragonblight a.k.a supremacy) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 60/latest/ (heroic and mythic from current illidan)
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? as a last ditch effort i looked onto my forum post from a couple of weeks ago to see if anyone posted on it that i had not talked to and oneshot had left a post that caught my eye, and coming to the website i sent him a friends request and liked what we talked about and thought i would give my guild search one my try with you guys praying that this is it.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? i have an allienwear 8GB i7-4770 CPU with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 TI OEM and i am now getting 75-100 fps during raids after fixing my optimal settings during the video i recorded nvidia came out with a new optimal settings update changing my wow settings which is why i had poor dps during my kills my screen kept tearing and when i fixed it and changed it back to my comfortable settings i am fine now (90% on mythic council after change)
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4590507790 (out of new york) http://www.pingtest.net/result/129097142.png (out of new york)
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

----------

merk
User

Re: Shadow Priest

Postby merk » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:33 am

As far as rotation goes:

How would you dps a single target fight?
What would you do if there was a single add?
How many adds do you need to swap things around fairly significantly (and what do you swap to)?

merk
User

Postby merk » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:35 am

What are your thoughts on the class trinket?

Believe
User

Postby Believe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:59 am

I will use fel lord for my example of a single target fight, for AS my rotation would be the standard AS rotation, Pre Pot into Mind blast Mindbender, shadow word pain into vamp cast mind flay for 5-6 ticks mind blast into devouring plague and repeat.

as for COP i would pre pot into mind blast into mind bender cast two mind spikes into another mind blast cast mind spike 3 times into another mind blast until i get 4 orbs i would cast shadow word pain into another mind blast for 5 orbs apply vamp into devouring plague around then mind blast would be up again for 3 orbs apply devouring plague again rinse and repeat.. as for single targeting adds since adds die fairly quickly such as doomfire i have been running AS for archie i would mind blast apply shadow word pain mind blast again and shadow word death for orbs to apply devouring plague.

the class trinket for shadow is tricky.. i like that blizzard tried to implement a buff to mind flay but giving us a stacking buff i have found since insanity has dropped to the waste side that is less useful since my 4 set now gives me a mind bender for 20 seconds and the cd is 20 seconds it over comes insanity, i have a heroic class trinket and i have used it for cop and have not seen a huge dps increase with using it over the static stats of the piston off of reaver..

as for how many adds there needs to be to swap things around fairly significantly shadow priest rotation thrives with multiple adds if the adds are going to die fairly quickly 2-3 seconds or even 3-4 seconds applying dots is a loss of dps i usually use mind sear if the adds are going to die super quickly however such as iskarr i dot all the adds with shadow word pain into vamp into cascade while prioritizing mind blast on for example the raven same as for devouring plague with AS procs i can usually get out 2-3 devouring plagues at a time which i apply to the healthiest add to dwindle them down.

i would also like to add because i want to cover everything, for example archie fight with him usually having an add through out the fight i maintain shadow word pain and vamp on archie when i switch to the add i use mind blast into shadow word pain into devouring plague into shadow word death while keeping dots onto archie.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:06 pm

in your cop rotation at the end you said rinse and repeat, does this mean you're not using flay or insanity?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Believe
User

Postby Believe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:17 pm

i use the mind bender talent over insanity (4 set allows the use of minder bender for 20 seconds with a cd of 20 seconds and gives me 30% multi) the only time i use mind flay during cop is if i use the class trinket which i have not been using.. maybe if cd's don't line up with mind blast with COP its about mind spike casts since for COP you switch to mastery item slots which mastery increases your mind spike damage... however it does increase mind flay damage but after 2-3 ticks you can get about 3 mind spikes in which do more damage overall than mind flay... but it really depends on CD'S and the fight i tried COP on mythic kormrok and found little time to cast mind flay.

Believe
User

Postby Believe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:23 pm

I would also like to add that for AS i use mind flay because AS is dot weaving, with mind flay as the filler cop is more around mind spike casts unless using the class trinket for the stack of mind fatigue which increase mind damage taken.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:33 pm

I guess my curiosity is because you've just pull a full set of dots up, you'll get 1 Mind blast, then you're going to spike your dots off?

Believe
User

Postby Believe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:45 pm

wait what? COP rotation is as follows -------------------- PRE POT into MIND BLAST into MIND SPIKE X3 into MIND BLAST (two orbs at this point) repeat until you have 4 orbs apply SHADOW WORD PAIN into MIND BLAST (5 orbs) into DEVOURING PLAGUE drop down to 2 orbs following DEVOURING PLAGUE apply VAMPIRIC TOUCH after casting VT MIND BLAST will be up which now you have (3 orbs) cast DEVOURING PLAGUE again by this time your VT-SWP have 2-3 seconds left along with DP ticking for 2 seconds already you return into mind spike x2 into mind blast and you repeat the process.. and with AS mind spike is never ever used.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:56 pm

That's fine, I'm not actually a priest main and haven't played CoP in about 6 months. I like that you seems to know what you're talking about, give us a few hours to have our shadow priest to get home and look at your app and we'll get back to you.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Better yet, how about you just chat with us tonight at 6:45 est. I'll pm you the mumble info.

Believe
User

Postby Believe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:58 pm

sorry for the late reply, was making lunch that sounds good i will be on! thank you!

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”