Jakejunior - Mistweaver/Windwalker

Postby Jake » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:04 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: Jake, Florida
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: December 2005
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

T18: Hellfire Citadel (13/13M): Stalk and Kill, WWA, Intent, Rude Awakening - Monk
T17: Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry (7/7M 10/10M) Addiction, Stalk and Kill - Monk
T16: Siege of Orgrimmar (14/14H): Limited Liability, Dysfunction.Divinity - Priest
T15: Throne of Thunder (13/13H) Taken - Priest
T14: Casual
T13: Dragon Soul (8/8H 25m): Team Malice and Thirteen Thirty Seven - Priest
T12: Firelands (6/7H 25m): Officer and Assistant Raid Leader of Limited Liability - Priest
T11: Casual
T10: Icecrown Citadel: (11/12H 25m): Exoridum - Rogue
T09: Trial of the Crusader: (4/5 25m): Essence - Rogue
T08: Ulduar: (10/14 10m): Backlash - Rogue
T07 - T01: Pretty Casual History Here, but all of this content was at least EXPERIENCED during it's progressive state.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Jakejunior - Monk
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... r/advanced
- Race & why you chose it: Human - extra get out of jail free card!
- Professions and why you choose them: Early expansion benefit and to bedazzle my character.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Fairly regularly, still need practice at both WW and BM.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Spirit > Multi >> Haste = Crit >> Mastery
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: ReMist, Chi up for Burst, RJW, Uplift. Soothing + Enveloping on single target if no other raid damage. Revival during everyone else's throughput cooldown for maximum rage.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Not fitting in and not enjoying the environment. Came to play with friends, but friends quit, now no reason to stay.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID): http://i.imgur.com/JEaLcPR.jpg
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=hps
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... hps&boss=0
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... hps&boss=0
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Simple Math is 'household' name in the WoW raiding community, I found a post on the wow forums, not to my knowledge
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Intel Core i7 930, GTX 470, 12GB memory. 60+. Building a new PC soon with a big dong.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/5281489191.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
http://i.imgur.com/liPwFPS.png

Ninetales
User

Re: Jakejunior - Mistweaver/Windwalker

Postby Ninetales » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:08 am

You seemed to have missed the age question. Its tough for me to read the rest of this app without that information.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Superdeux
User

Postby Superdeux » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:14 am

He clearly answered it to the best of his ability. Age: Jake.

Also the links to your logs are broken.

Elaine
User

Postby Elaine » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Most of your recent logs look pretty decent. What are you doing on Hellfire Assault? You're not doing much healing on that fight but it doesn't look like you're dpsing, either. Are you just standing around letting the other healers heal? Your gearing looks good, raid frames look functional, you seem to know your stat priority. Can you elaborate on "Chi up for Burst", what do you mean by that?

Jake
User

Postby Jake » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:58 pm

Elaine wrote:Most of your recent logs look pretty decent. What are you doing on Hellfire Assault? You're not doing much healing on that fight but it doesn't look like you're dpsing, either. Are you just standing around letting the other healers heal? Your gearing looks good, raid frames look functional, you seem to know your stat priority. Can you elaborate on "Chi up for Burst", what do you mean by that?

Thanks for responding to my post!

On HFC, almost every guild I've been in has been 3 or 4 healing the fight. So, I generally let the other healer heal, and I'll run boxes. This is especially true when playing with an HPal, I can generally AFK most of the first half of the instance.

By "Chi up for burst", I mean get all the ReMists rolling, grab 4 chi, and then dump it into Uplift. Generally you can cycle through about 8 chi pretty easily in this fashion. 4 chi, uplift, RJW, Uplift, Remist, Uplift, Expel Harm, RJW, Uplift. This only works well if you can hit a decent amount of people with RJW. Depending how you time out the last charge of ReMist, can squeeze in another Chi from it instead of using a RJW or Surging Mist. Most of the damage at this point doesn't last this long. About the only time where I can still use this is Fel Lord when everything explodes at the same time.

Elaine
User

Postby Elaine » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:20 pm

Np!

Gotcha. Figured you were doing something else on HFA, I didn't look at the replay. That makes sense. I see what you mean with the burst now, too. Sounds right to me.

Minor nitpick: I personally feel like Glyph of Targeted Expulsion is worth taking over Glyph of Soothing Mist for the tiny amount of additional healing it can provide. You don't really spend long enough periods of time channeling SM to get good use out of the speed increase in most cases. Really shouldn't make much of a difference either way though.

Jake
User

Postby Jake » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:24 pm

Elaine wrote:Np!

Gotcha. Figured you were doing something else on HFA, I didn't look at the replay. That makes sense. I see what you mean with the burst now, too. Sounds right to me.

Minor nitpick: I personally feel like Glyph of Targeted Expulsion is worth taking over Glyph of Soothing Mist for the tiny amount of additional healing it can provide. You don't really spend long enough periods of time channeling SM to get good use out of the speed increase in most cases. Really shouldn't make much of a difference either way though.

I can see that. I have found myself using Soothing Mist in a few different scenarios. The only relevant glyph choice is the ReMist. Everything is preference or situational.

Elaine
User

Postby Elaine » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:39 pm

TheJakeLeg wrote:
Elaine wrote:Np!

I can see that. I have found myself using Soothing Mist in a few different scenarios. The only relevant glyph choice is the ReMist. Everything is preference or situational.

Yeah, I agree, that's why I'm saying it shouldn't make much of a difference. The healing EH does is pretty negligible anyway, I just feel that Targeted Expulsion is very slightly better for minmax purposes. Different strokes for different folks :)

Oneshot
User

Postby Oneshot » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Would you be available to talk tonight at 8:30 pm EST?

Jake
User

Postby Jake » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:13 pm

I am currently out for sports ball people pick 'em. Is there a time later tonight that is good?

Oneshot
User

Postby Oneshot » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:16 pm

Yes anytime tonight should be fine. Just post whenever you are ready.

Jake
User

Postby Jake » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:59 pm

I'm online!

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Tue May 03, 2016 11:23 pm

pls redo

[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Jake
User

Postby Jake » Wed May 04, 2016 12:06 am

Rude wrote:pls redo

The question doesn't ask that I create a new picture specifically for the app.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”