- Age & Location:
24, Ontario, Canada
- Number of Testicles:
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
- How long have you played WoW:
Since the end of BC
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
- 8/8M CE Uldir, 9/9M CE BoD, 2/2H Crucible
- 11/11M CE Antorus, 6/9M ToS, 3/10M NH, 2/2H ToV, PvP'd in EN
- 13/13M CE HFC, 6/10M BRF, PvP'd in Highmaul
- 10/14M SoO Casual the rest of MoP for schooling.
- 8/8H DS, 5/7H Firelands, Casual Normal raiding rest of expansion.
- Casual Normal mode raiding
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Padmore State, Mal'ganis - Antorus, Uldir, BoD: Leaving due to new work schedule.
The Wall, EmeraldDream - Antorus: New iteration of an old guild I was in, didn't fit in anymore so I left.
Buds, Arthas -Nighthold, ToS, Antorus: New job, couldn't raid with them anymore due to times.
Anova, EmeraldDream - HFC: Went casual going in Legion due to starting University & wanted to focus on my studies.
- Name & Class:
Drsicknasty, Windwalker Monk
- Link to battle.net Armory:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rsicknasty
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?
Main Spec Windwalker, Off spec Brewmaster. Usually BrM in keys if we have no tanks on, have had to tank a few bosses in Uldir when both tanks were out.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Normal rotation consists of a priority system of Rising Sun Kicks and Fists of Fury usage right off CD. Fist of the White Tiger > Rising Sun Kick > Tigers Palm > Fists of Fury > Whirling Dragon Punch > Tigers Palm > Blackout Kick, Repeat.
Touch of Death Rotation consists of having all 3 major spells (Rising Sun Kick, Fists of Fury, and Whirling Dragon Punch) ready to use with 5 Chi so to not waste any globals on clipping FoF into WDP. Touch of Death > Storm, Earth, Fire > Rising Sun Kick > Fists of Fury > Whirling Dragon Punch > Tigers Palm (depending on haste).
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
For Windwalker went it comes to gearing I like Vers > Crit > Mastery > Haste. However with more Item level, Windwalkers stats start to even out and begin to relatively become about even. There are no "breakpoints" that need to be reached for Windwalker in terms of gearing. For Azerite we run 3 Open Palm Strikes, 1 Fury of Xuen, 1 Dance of Chi-ji, 1 Glory of the Dawn. However my current set up (Treacherous over Glory of the Dawn) outsims the "ideal set up". For Brewmaster you can run an offensive or defensive set up Mastery > Vers = Crit > Haste. Mastery is strong for more physical damage oriented raids/dungeons & vers is strong for more magic damage oriented bosses/dungeons (due to Mastery increasing dodge chance). A Damage oriented stat build would be Crit > Agility = Vers = Mastery > Haste. Brewmaster also has no theoretical "breakpoints" like a Frost Mages Crit chance. Having a healthy amount of each stat while focusing the proper stat based on the fight or dungeon is the ideal choice for BrM. For Azerite BrM looks at having 1-3 Straight, No Chasers, 1-3 Training of Niuzao, and then Elusive Footwork or Boiling Brew (depending on fight, more adds and cleave, boiling brew is stronger for Health Sphere procs).
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
Being Windwalker, I generally don't have another in raid WW to talk to about the fights so I generally visit the Monk Discord. I regularly check up on the discussions to keep in touch with anything new going on with the class. They have a strong source of Theorycrafters that help sort out everything you need for a Windwalker in depth (rotations, azerite, stats, etc). Asking questions in the discord, viewing logs and comparing to other top parsing Windwalkers, & using wowanalyzer to see if anything is fundamentally wrong with my rotation on boss kills are the main sources of where I get my Windwalker information. Using that information I then figure out what I did wrong on specific fights, and how I can improve for the next boss fight.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
I believe that comes down to how I am as a person. I may not hold 90s on every boss kill but mechanically I am a strong player, and I know my rotation as a Monk. This is more of a "bring the player not the class" answer as I am open to criticism and actively try to improve myself, both mechanically & damage wise on fights. I am also more of a team player then a "I need my Rank 1 on this boss". When it comes to progression I will use my class to its full ability (offering to run stormwall orbs due to being high mobility) to help get the kill over trying to get a nice parse.
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... rsicknasty
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
Intel i7-6700k CPU. 16384MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB. Typically running 60 FPS in raids.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I am currently on Mal'ganis and have frequently kept up with the top tier guilds on the server for progression. In searching for a new guild I have found it hard to find a new, competitive guild like my current guild (US top 120) that does not raid Thursdays or Fridays. Based on WoWprogress, as well as a question conversation with one of your guild members, it seems that Simple Math is changing to a Saturday Sunday raiding schedule, which works well for the days & times I have available. I am looking for a guild with a similar progression pattern, or better, then my current guild. Simple Math has met those requirements. Being able to just simply move guilds since I am already on Mal'ganis is also easier than server transferring.
- Run a speed test and [url=j/]ping test[/url] targeting New York. Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).