- Age & Location: 22 Virginia
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: I started at the end of vanilla, took a break in wrath, began playing resto druid in Cata, quit in Legion, came back for BFA.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I casually puged in BC, then actually started raiding heroics (mythic equivalent) in Cata through MoP (mythic) and WoD (mythic), and quit before killing Mythic Archimonde. Last Tier finished 7/8M, Current Tier 8/9M 2/2H
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: <KNF> us-Area 52 people became burnt out on Jaina progression and the guild decided to disband. <The Bad and the Ugly> us-Malorne When I came back after my break in Legion, the guild had decided to stop raiding mythic mid expansion. In BFA they decided to just raid casual heroics on weekends.
Other than The Bad and the Ugly and KNF the guilds I have been in have fallen at the turn of an expansion or just in the beginning of the new one, so I have had to move in order to continue raiding.
- Name & Class: Malthite -Druid
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... 2/malthite
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Resto main-spec, Boomkin off-spec. I usually play boomkin when the raid needs me to/ if I'm out world questing/ BGs
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Resto Druids are HoT based healers and most of our healing comes from CDs that empower our spells, i.e Tree form, Flourish, and Tranquility(which does not "empower" other spells, but is a huge HPS CD and tranquility's HoT stacks with our mastery). The priorities of a resto druid are to keep Lifebloom and Rejuvenation on a tank at all times, using Cenarion Ward on cooldown to help tank healing, anticipate damage with Rejuvenation blanketing the raid, if 6 or more people are taking damage use Wild Growth, if positioning allows it place down Efflorescence, spot healing single targets with Swiftmend and Regrowth, and use CDs at certain fight specific moments to keep the raid alive. Resto druid healing is very proactive and requires the player to know the encounters and the intervals of damage in order to be an effective healer.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): For resto, stat weights change with the azerite traits and talents you use. Before the change to "Autumn Leaves" haste heavily outweighed mastery, but with the change to the trait (now most of the healing comes from the increased duration of Rejuvenation and not the Autumn Leaves heal itself) mastery has seen a comeback. Currently haste is still our best secondary stat and no longer requires us to reach specific breakpoints because of the addition of partial ticks to HoTs. Though haste has an edge, resto druid's secondary stats are all similar in weight, but a basic outline should look like Int>Haste>Mastery>Vers>Crit with all except Int being fairly equal.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Throughout the years I have made some resto druid friends and we talk about the state of restos and theorycrafting, other than that "Questionably Epic" has some good articles and guides on resto druid's mechanics and fight specific guides. I also look over logs (Warcraft Logs) to research my class/spec on a fight by fight basis.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? Even though I'm not the world's best resto druid, I am always striving to improve, I'm able to take criticism, and I put in the effort to be the best I can. I feel that ranking and parses should come secondary to executing a fight properly and I put a fair amount of time outside of the raid so I don't hinder our progression.
I am a fourth year biology/music double major, predental. I enjoy WoW, Rum, and Memes. One of my favorite things to do is play competitive sports/games.
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: https://gyazo.com/4eb136708f845b403e0194116e82ebe2
I don't have healing spells on my bars because I use the Addon Clique coupled with Grid to heal. i.e Shift Right Click is Rejuvenation, etc.
- Logs from warcraftlogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /malthite# Logs from BFA
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? I have a custom desktop I built back in High School: I run a Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650, 16GB ram, I usually get 50/70 FPS in a raid.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I was scrolling through Wowprogress and saw you guys were recruiting resto druids and after browsing your website and forums I thought that this is a very well organized, cohesive team that I want to add to and be a part of.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).