Kambrea/Elemental Shaman

Baddies
Kamby
User

Kambrea/Elemental Shaman

Postby Kamby » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 25 - New Jersey
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Weekdays: 5:30pm-12:30am(later if needed) Weekends: Whenever I roll out of bed or pass out on the floor.
- Number of Testicles: 0, sorry boys!
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes.
-- Tuesday: Yes.
-- Wednesday: Yes.
-- Thursday: Yes.
-- Friday (optional): If needed, yes.
-- Saturday (optional): If needed, yes.
-- Sunday: Yes.
- Do any others have access to your account? No.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I have an authenticator.
- How long have you played WoW: It will be 4 years in May.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Pre-BC: Cleared Molten Core, BWL, AQ20/40 (on my first toon, a rogue). Unfortunately did not get to see Naxxramas until I was 70 on my shaman.
BC: Cleared Kara, Gruul's Lair, SSC, TK, Hyjal, Black Temple, Sunwell(pre-nerf M'uru & KJ kill).
WoTLK: Cleared Naxxramas(again), Sarth3D, Malygos, Ulduar, ICC 25, and current experience in 8/12 harmodes.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Kambrea - Elemental Shaman
- Race & why did you choose it: Troll. I chose it for the Berserking racial mainly, since haste is so important for the Shaman class, let alone the elemental spec.
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&cn=Kambrea
- Can you describe the ruckus? Words cannot describe the ruckus I bring.
- Professions and why did you choose them:
450 Enchanting - Ring enchants (extra +46 SP)
450 Leatherworking - Bracer enchant (extra +46 SP), can make Kings/GoTW drums, Leg Patches (to make for others of course)

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?: I try to play my dual spec(Restoration) as much as I can, mainly for heroic dailies and off-night, optional instances. My most recent guild had another Elemental/Resto that was usually the first to switch in raids, so I never really had the chance to heal in 25 mans.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: The priority for my main gear is Hit > Haste > SP > Crit, so when looking at best in slot gear, I base my decisions around that. Often times my choices for gear are leather or cloth (which sucks a lot lol), but I always research and theorycraft the best choices possible. For my restoration offspec, many of the best pieces are elemental so it makes decision making a bit easier. I value haste highly as resto, with SP right behind. I don't value mp5 quite as much as others do, but that does not mean it is ignored in my gear deicisions completely.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Main spec: Flame Shock (causes DoT to crit), Totem of Wrath (gives myself an additional 70 SP buff), and Lightning Bolt (extra 5% damage on my lightning bolts). I also have glyph of Thunderstorm for my minor to prevent AoE knockbacks(I know you hate them too!) and return extra mana when used to myself. For resto, I use the glyphs Chain Heal (so it bounces to an additional target), Earth Shield (increases healing done by earth shield by 20%), and Lesser Healing Wave (for tank heals mainly since it increases healing done by 20% when LHW is used on a target that has earth shield)
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?: Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt x5, Lava Burst(automatically refreshes Flame Shock). I repeat this until the timer on Flame Shock has finally diminished, then I re-apply Flame Shock and repeat.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? I am not applying as a healer, but as a dual spec I do heal on occassion. I use earth shield on the main tank, then chain heal those in close proximity, riptide on others, and if tank healing I use riptide and lesser healing wave. On a fight like Valithria Dreamwalker or Festergut, I would most likely add Healing Wave as well
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): My shaman was a re-roll right before BC was released, so I only have a Scout title and Challenger for arena. On my rogue at level 60 I earned the Champion title in Vanilla.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Wrecked - Korialstrasz: This is where I spent my beginning days raiding. I did pre-BC and all BC raids until Sunwell with these guys. I left due to the high volume of turnover the guild had and its overall bad reputation on the server. Not to mention the officers and GM were not the nicest or most helpful people in the world (when they actually logged on).
Secretfist - Zul'Jin: I joined SF right before the pre-nerf M'uru kill they claimed and was with them until the guild fell apart near mid-Ulduar due to the GMs departure due to medical issues
Delirium - Zul'Jin: Secretfist reformed with core members into Delirium, and I have been with them until now. We have cleared all the way through 8/12 Hardmode ICC. I left due to the lack of organization, experience, and competence of the officers. Many situations and issues were handled poorly when brought up to them, and officers never were on outside of raids. Seemed to be a downward spiral of good players getting disgusted and fed up, ultimately leaving that I just couldn't force myself to be there any longer.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/1699/ssui.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/8807/ You need username/password to see most of the logs (they keep most private). The username is Kambrea and the password is abc123. Figured you would want to see every fight, and not just ones where I can excel at.
- Alts & their name/level:
Kamby - Level 80 Mage (Zul'Jin)
Kambie - Level 80 Paladin (Zul'Jin)
Huffybike - Level 80 Priest (Zul'Jin)
Apokalyptica - Level 80 Deathknight (Zul'Jin)
Klesa - Level 70 Warlock (Shandris)
Kacie - Level 70 Rogue (Sen'Jin)

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
I am usually never on either of the two. The easiest way to contact me is by e-mail at [email protected] (I check my e-mail very often)
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I've heard of your guild for a while just through knowing top end-game guilds. I was told about your elemental shaman opening from Skotch (Visions from your guild).
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I want to be in a serious raiding guild that is focused on progression and being the best at what they do. I want the type of guild that can be goofy, funny, and yes, sometimes perverted, but also when shit is serious and people need to be giving 110%.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Dell XPS, 3.5GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTS 900. My typical FPS in raids out of combat is 50ms and in combat is around 25ms.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below: Image

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7228/lolshammies.jpg

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Anyone with more Achievement points than veloxic should be auto invited.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Hiamovi
User

Postby Hiamovi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Ninetales wrote:Anyone with more Achievement points than veloxic should be auto invited.

I know no one in your guild but I would have to say the above applicate. Ninetales assentment may be on par

I mean OMG Kambrea. just wow and not world of warcraft wow

Greyknight
User

Postby Greyknight » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Well rounded app, seems to know what shes doing from every type of check i've done. Gear, gems, achievements, talent, etc. Alright, here goes my question,

- How do you feel about elemental shaman's dps on hard mode fights where there are alot of moving, like festergut for example. Do you feel comfortable maximizing your dps with little movement or do you find those types of fight annoying?

- About the upcoming changes on Shaman Tier 10 Ele set 4 pc bonus, "Your Lava Burst spell causes your Flame Shock effect on the target to deal at least two additional periodic damage ticks before expiring", What differences will this mean for you?

- We usually run a demo lock in our raids, what would change in your raiding style in terms of rotation, positioning, etc.

- We have talked yesterday night, you asked if there was a hunter spot open as well, after reviewing his armory, it does seem like his experience and gear would pass the test, but what if he could not get into the guild under raider status and you did, what would you do?

fria
User

Postby fria » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:49 pm

- Race & why did you choose it: Troll. I chose it for the Berserking racial mainly, since haste is so important for the Shaman class, let alone the elemental spec.

………………._,,,,,,,,__………………………………………….
…………,,--~´´`\, `\ , \ . `;-,………………………………………
………..// `’~--,_ `\ `\ .`| ,| .`\,…_„……………………………….
………..¯¯¯¯¨¨`-,`\ ,|,|_/ /_,--~´/´………………………………...
……………….,-´`´„„¨¨¨¨>’´ / ,-‘´\………………………………….
……………_,-~` ´º’`¡\. `~-‘´¨-,_,,,-----~~´”””””`~,………………..
…………../„-~‹´~~^´¯ . . ,/ . . .`` ~~ . . . . . . .`\,_ . ………….
……………….( ¯¨ . _,,-·´. .| ,.-· ,-~’´ `’~~----~ .´¨ .`’~,………..
……………….,¨=””” . .`-~-- ´ . . . . . . . \. _. . . .`-,,,,. ``”,>-,.…
………………/ ._,-´ .| . . . . . , ,. . . . . . . / /`’~~--,--~”¯_,-‘´\…
……………...| . . ,. . `-,. . . . _;;…,,,,,..-´_|,……../¨¨¨¯¯. . . ,)..
………………| . ./. . ./ .¨`~~’´,-=~=·~”'´ |´¨|-,\_…..`-,_,,,,,_.,/…
…………...,~´¨`~-,_ .|……,-‘”----~---~~'´| .|:::::\ ….,(,_ . . .`)….I'M REGENERATING 5 HP AND
…………,/¨¯¨`”~-,_ `/…..,/ ,/ ,/ . ¡ . ./´ . | ,|::::::\~-<,_ .¯¨`;-THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!
…….._…|---., . . .,/¨…../ `\/ ,-~~-|_/ . . | ,|::::::::\,--~´,-· ,/_……
……/´,/`’\;¯¨`·-:;›~´…../´. .|,/’ . . . . .`\, /,/’ `-´ ’`-‘-`\`””´-~´_ . ¨¨`\..
....,/´ /´ ./ `-,,. ,|…….,/’ . ,/´ . . . . . . .\´´~--,,,,,,,,,--` …....¯¨“"¨¨.
,-:´~’´ . /\;~’(_,/……,/’ . . | . . . .›. .,-~´`\_,,_|……………………
.`’~-,„„_,\.`”/-´……...”-_,,--\,____,,,,.\, .………………………….
……………………….i_,.--| . . . . . . .`\,…………………………
………………………….¯`’\~~-------~''´\…………………………
…………………___,,--~´¨¯ \ . . . . . . .|-, ………………………
……………….’´¨(´¨¨ . . . . . . \ . . . . . .|-·¹ ……………………...
…………………..¨¨¨¨¨¯¯¨¨¨¨¨¨¯ \.,,,__,,,,\,……………………….
………………………………._|..,,,___,,,’\_…………………….
………………………._,,--~´¨ . . . . . . . . . `~, .………………..
………………...-~,=´¨_,,-~ . . . . . . . .___. ._) ………………..
……………………¯¨(¯¯ _,,___,,-~~”¯ ….¯¯…………………..
……………………….¨¨¨¯…………………………………………

Abhorrent
User

Postby Abhorrent » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Aren't Ele shamans already haste capped? Will berserking bring more than Blood Fury? Orcs are the best Ele/Enhance IMO. Troll is best for Resto until they fix Blood Fury.

Psychotron
User

Postby Psychotron » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:04 am

Abhorrent wrote:Aren't Ele shamans already haste capped? Will berserking bring more than Blood Fury? Orcs are the best Ele/Enhance IMO. Troll is best for Resto until they fix Blood Fury.

only if you blow cooldowns during lust.

bloodfury is garbage. troll and orc are about even due to command, iirc.

Abhorrent
User

Postby Abhorrent » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:23 am

Psychotron wrote:
Abhorrent wrote:Aren't Ele shamans already haste capped? Will berserking bring more than Blood Fury? Orcs are the best Ele/Enhance IMO. Troll is best for Resto until they fix Blood Fury.

only if you blow cooldowns during lust.

bloodfury is garbage. troll and orc are about even due to command, iirc.

Ok.

Veloxic
User

Postby Veloxic » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:27 am

Ninetales wrote:Anyone with more Achievement points than veloxic should be auto invited.

Only if we intend on actually DOING MORE OF THEM as a guild :P
She's got less achievements done, but more pts which seems mostly due to Veteran Nanny.

Kamby
User

Postby Kamby » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Greyknight wrote:- How do you feel about elemental shaman's dps on hard mode fights where there are alot of moving, like festergut for example. Do you feel comfortable maximizing your dps with little movement or do you find those types of fight annoying?

I've noticed myself jumping all over charts on hardmode fights. Festergut is very hit or miss, as with any soaker, because of the movement for goo, Vile Gas, the spore movement, etc. I've killed harmode Festergut twice, and both times I've never just planted and facerolled. I definitely try to pump out as much dps as possible given the situation of a fight. If I need to move in order to correctly perform a given fight's mechanics, then I do it. Usually when I am on the move I will re-apply flame shock and if Elemental Mastery is up I'll pop that to get a free, instant Lava Burst off and then by the time I'm done moving I'll still have the remainder of the CD running to keep DPSing.

Greyknight wrote:- About the upcoming changes on Shaman Tier 10 Ele set 4 pc bonus, "Your Lava Burst spell causes your Flame Shock effect on the target to deal at least two additional periodic damage ticks before expiring", What differences will this mean for you?

It's actually somewhat of a slight buff when you think about it, since Flame Shock is now affected by haste. It's going to apply more damage overall, as well as automatically crit (patch changes allow Flame Shock to crit now without being glyphed). I would be able to swap out my Flame Shock glyph possibly for Lava in order to get even higher Lava Burst damage on top of the higher damage of Flame Shock being hasted and the extra two ticks it gives with the 4pc.

Greyknight wrote:- We usually run a demo lock in our raids, what would change in your raiding style in terms of rotation, positioning, etc.

We had a demo lock in our raids when we did ToTGC, and it gave me a little more flexibility with my fire totems. If we needed the 3% crit debuff I would apply Totem of Wrath for the boss, but sometimes I'd be able to use my Fire Elemental or even Magma on Anub for the extra damage. Now that I am glyphed for Totem of Wrath, I gain 70 more SP from dropping it, and wouldn't be opposed to dropping it on top of the demo lock buff just for the crit debuff on the boss. I usually try to position myself in the middle of casters for the SP increase when there is no demo lock, and when there is, I'll try to drop Totem of Wrath close to the boss so it can get the debuff.

Greyknight wrote:- We have talked yesterday night, you asked if there was a hunter spot open as well, after reviewing his armory, it does seem like his experience and gear would pass the test, but what if he could not get into the guild under raider status and you did, what would you do?

He's currently still in the guild I have just left, and he's alright with being there for as long as it takes him to find something better. We're both in the same mind frame about that guild, but since he's the only hunter he doesn't mind loot sponging :) If he decides to find something better, he's alright with a new home, even if it isn't here. I more or less asked as a convenience, since he's my BF (omg dramaz), but we live together, so I get enough of him IRL anyway! haha

Sorry for the late response. 70+ mph wind storms here in NJ knocked out my power since yesterday about 10 minutes after I submitted the app. Trying to find entertainment for that period of time sucked... a lot. I never knew how dependent I was on my computer and PS3 until yesterday! :P

Kamby
User

Postby Kamby » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Only if we intend on actually DOING MORE OF THEM as a guild :P
She's got less achievements done, but more pts which seems mostly due to Veteran Nanny.

I loathe the thought of arena achievements! I wish I could get Salty as well, but the server I'm on now is so retardedly overpopulated that you can't even get one cast off before they announce a winner.

Greyknight
User

Postby Greyknight » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:54 pm

able to get on vent to talk later tonight at around 11:30-12 EST?

Kamby
User

Postby Kamby » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Absolutely, just need the vent info. I can log on around 11:30 tonight.

Greyknight
User

Postby Greyknight » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:49 pm

PM'd you the info.

Visions
User

Postby Visions » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:49 pm

I like this woman.

She talks to me in raids and it makes life better.

Nothing else really matters right?
Teach us to give and not to count the cost; To fight and not to heed the wounds; To toil and not to seek for rest...

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”