Tenz
User

Tenzarin - Mage

Postby Tenz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:03 am

Player information:
- Age & Location:
35, Texas
- Number of Testicles:
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
Yes
- How long have you played WoW:
A number of years, most of vanilla, some of bc, some of wraith, all of cata, some of mop, some of wod, all of legion, all of bfa so far.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
8/8m uldir after nerfs, all legion mythic some before some after nerfs.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
High Five: Officers left and guild fell apart
Adapt: Didn't fit in.

Character Information:
- Name & Class:
Tenzarin, Mage
- Link to battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/character/area-52/Tenzarin/advanced
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?
All specs
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Fire: chuck fireballs hope for procs, get 3 stacks of BM in combustion.
Frost: chuck frostbolts and glacial spikes.
Arcane: chuck arcane blasts and try not to move.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Fire: You want enough hast to trigger the uldir buff but you also want enough mastery to take it during combustion with BM stacks.
Frost attempt to get to 33% crit with the uldir buff.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
Raidbots, simc, discord, and notepad++ when the simc string is really long.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
I will show up to just about every raid and be as ready as I can be on the bosses.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/area-52/tenzarin
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
Intel core i7-4790k
Windows 10
GTX 970
80-100, and -10 on zul on the pull.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
Found you on wowprogress looking for a mage
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Clammy
User

Re: Tenzarin - Mage

Postby Clammy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:30 am

LMAO the paint. I let an officer know about the app should hear from one of them soon !

Clammy
User

Postby Clammy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:31 am

One question from me though, you said "Adapt: Didn't fit in." What made you feel that you didn't belong in the raid team?

Thyopath
User

Postby Thyopath » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:00 am

Just curious can you go more indepth on your rotations. The things you posted are very generic and can be said by just watching someone play there isnt much to show me you 100% know your stuff. I would like to know more about your rotation and stat prio if you could fill me in more. Thank you and best of luck with your app.

Tenz
User

Postby Tenz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:17 am

Clammy wrote:One question from me though, you said "Adapt: Didn't fit in." What made you feel that you didn't belong in the raid team?

They mainly consisted of a college group of friends that created a guild with their relatives and they would stay in their own channels on discord. I could have tried to fit in more but in the end it wasn't the type of guild I was looking for.

Thyopath wrote:Just curious can you go more indepth on your rotations. The things you posted are very generic and can be said by just watching someone play there isnt much to show me you 100% know your stuff. I would like to know more about your rotation and stat prio if you could fill me in more. Thank you and best of luck with your app.

Fire: You are going to want to burn cds as quick as you can unless a phase is coming up where you can take advantage of the gain in mastery for aoe. Outside of cooldowns and before execute phase, you are going to want to be casting into hot streaks to hope for double crits. In execute phase this doesn't work perfectly because scorch can munch heating up procs.

Fire is depending on how many wildfire, bm, and pyroblast talent, fire is either going to favor haste and master or crit. While the uldir buff lasts, it works good to have a balance of haste and mastery so that it stays haste for single target dps and can switch to mastery during combustion.

Frost: You want to use icy veins as much as you can in the fight as its a just a haste buff. You are going to want to use comet storm and ebonbolt (depending on who you ask) on cooldown. I like to try to line up my ebonbolt to use at 4-5 icicles with flurry to crit or have it give the bf proc for glacial spike.

Frost really wants 33% crit which is almost impossible to get right now outside having the uldir buff up but you don't want to hurt haste or mastery to get the value.

Arcane: You want to burn cool downs asap without moving and without not critting somehow. Outside of the burn phase you want to stay around 50% mana to tide yourself over to another arcane blast fest. Arcane favors crit, mastery.

Stat weights usually fall in line but depending on your gear they can change from person to person.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”