Application

Postby wolfgang » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:41 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 18. VA
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? I do
- How long have you played WoW: Since Wrath so roughly 8 years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 3/10 Mythic Night hold
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: By his Stripes/Exiles Exiles fell apart after mythic team split, The other just hasn't finished heroic and i don't mesh with their people well.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Whiterose Shaman
- Link to battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/T ... 9/advanced
- Race, professions & why you chose them: Draeni because of racials. For horde it would most likely be Troll for the haste racial. Professions are Enchanting and Alchemy for covering my own enchants and flasks.
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? MS Ele OS Resto haven't had a need to play resto so not often.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Maintain Flameshock Use Elemental blast when up keep Lava burst off CD and lightning bolt as filler and when Stormkeeper is up.
- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? 41 Ele 0 Resto
- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? Legendary Shoulders for Elemental. Farming to try for the belt.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Mastery til around 85% Crit as #2 unless over 85% Mastery with haste below and Vers being the bottom. Resto Mastery>Crit with Haste replacing crit when doing Tank heals.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Icy Veins for baseline references rest are off World of Logs and checking Top DPS characters in Armory for Talents Stats ETC.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qpkj63LDR7zZQMx8
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? Going to be getting a new computer in a few days. Specs on it are as follows
intel Core i5 7th Gen 7500 (3.4 GHz)
8 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB GDDR5
On this PC typical FPS on raid is 50+
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I am a very skilled player with the potential of becoming top tier and can make nothing out of something and when i am not preforming top notch i will find out why and fix it.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? My friend Oxyotl told me about this guild and said he enjoyed playing here. So after Exiles fell apart I need to find a new home and hope this could be it.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.http://www.pingtest.net/result/160564402.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).
Paint.jpg2.jpg
Paint.jpg2.jpg (51.29 KiB) Viewed 6742 times

grouch
Admin

Re: Application

Postby grouch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:51 pm

wolfgang wrote:- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 3/10 Mythic Night hold

your armory shows you as having very few kills on anything, is your experience on a different character?

wolfgang wrote:- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:

missed this question

wolfgang wrote:- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).Paint.jpg2.jpg

for some reason i feel like that work isn't yours
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

wolfgang
User

Postby wolfgang » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Derp the Turt.png

Yes I was playing my DH when i did Heroic and mythics http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/ ... %C3%A1eth/ is a link to its Armory

WoWScrnShot_041317_175256.jpg

For the UI

Stag
User

Postby Stag » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Howdy!

I cannot comment on specifics of your logs or spec as I'm not intimately familiar with Elemental, so a few general questions:
- You're 18 right now and so presumably are either in school, about to graduate, or have just graduated. Do you have any plans to go on to higher education ASAP or go into work? Do you anticipate these changes (or any other upcoming changes) that may impact your ability to meet our raid times?

- Explain to me your stat/ability priorities a little bit. Why specifically is 85% the breakpoint for your mastery? I understand that Elemental also has a few viable, slightly different builds based on talent choices. Are you comfortable with those deviations and in what situations would you consider running them?

Hopefully our own local Shaman will be by soon to offer insight. :)

wolfgang
User

Postby wolfgang » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:59 pm

Yes i am going to be going into a program at GWU which is completely online so i have no "time frame" problems as for work if i can get one it would be a time frame that wouldn't conflict with the raid times.
As for the build path 85% mastery is standard base line due to our mastery only being effective up to 100% being Element Blast can give 2.4k Mastery and the Trinket i have procs mastery if either of those proc i am right below or at 100%, (Our mastery gives us a 1-100% chance based on our mastery % to proc a second attack doing 75% damage and generating a little less maelstrom) As for the different builds it depends on the legendaries say i get the Legendary Ring. Icefury would over take in most cases over ascendance because of the 1.5% damage increase. Where as if i have the Legendary belt i would swap my first talent with the lava burst damage increase and always go ascendance. As for which is most viable that is up to the player/gear because of the fact that Icefury is generally used for Mythic dungeons and high movement raid fights some go that route i personally don't find that most optimal unless you have the ring but again opinions are opinions lol. As for more indepth into the other secondary stats. Crit is useful because of our passive Elemental Fury which increases our crit damage by 250% instead of 200% but with the traits (which i have) gives it an additional 20% making Crit Extremely effective and a massive increase to damage. As for Haste its not as big of a need being we have a talent giving us free 6% and we can proc 2.4k of it with elemental blast being our main damage comes from the double proc spells casting faster isn't as huge a priority. As for Vers its not bad by any means i believe it's better over haste in some cases depending your haste % but we aren't at the Stat lvl where we would be pooling 3 stats instead of 2.

Hopefully that can clarify somethings.

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:34 am

We are reviewing your application and would like to interview tonight (14 April) if you are available.

Thanks

wolfgang
User

Postby wolfgang » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:11 am

That should be fine. Do you have a specific time planned?

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am

I don't at this time, I will send you a link to our discord. It will probably be around 8pm.

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Will you be available at about 8pm est?

wolfgang
User

Postby wolfgang » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:58 pm

Apologies i didn't see that part. I am on now and free so whenever is fine.

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 pm

add me on btag Xaphus#1471

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”