Baddies
Neprut
User

Neprut - 900ilvl Veng DH Tank

Postby Neprut » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:42 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 23 NE America
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes.
- How long have you played WoW: I have played WoW since the launch in 04.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

I have been raiding since TBC on and off. I somewhat recently came back to WoW shortly after HFC's release out due and cleared 10/13M HFC on my frost/arcane mage. Going into legion I was hoping Heroic would be enough so I led a small guild with friends going 7/7H and 3/3H, but never progressing into mythic due to lack of raiders.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

My guild <Cuties Only> right now aspires to do Mythic, but is stuck at 10/10H due to lack to players and skill. (We have not pulled a Mythic boss)
I would very much like to get back into Mythic raiding and have a real challenge!

Character Information:

- Name & Class with link to battle.net Armory: Neprut - Demonhunter
- Race, professions & why you chose them: Well I was forced to be a blood elf, not like that is a bad thing. This char is LW/chanting or herbing (I swap between the last 2 if I need to herb or DE all my crap)
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Veng MS with Havoc OS, run havoc in the open world when I am not tanking in raids or dungeons.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:

Ahh this a fun question, as few understand how a DH works!! I will mostly focus on CD usage as there is no true rotation as a tank beyond spamming shear for Pain and soul fragment generation.

Fiery Brand 1m CD - 40% dmg reduction (and 40% dmg amp) on the target it is cast on for 10sec, unless I am expecting to need this for certain boss mechanic for damage reduction I can safely use on CD. I have the Leg boots that reduce the CD by 2sec per target hit with Immolation Aura (13secCD) and usually have the Burning Alive talent that spreads this, so it is up quite often.

Metamorphosis 3min CD - 45% Max HP and 100% armor increase for 15sec, this is my OH SHIT cooldown. If I need to take some big hits or the healers need some relief this is what I will be using. With an Artifact passive this can proc for 5sec with soul fragment consumption, so it is up frequently without CD usage.

Empower Wards 20sec CD - 30% magical dmg reduction for 6 sec (and 15% agi for 10sec), this is my go to magic reduction skill up for most any big magical hits.

Demon Spikes 13sec recharge - 20% parry (plus 10% more for 3sec on use) and 27% physical damage reduction(based off currently mastery) for 6sec, this is one my bread and butter tanking skills. With 4p tier (3sec CD reduction with soul cleave usage) this is up very often. Also with Razor Spikes talent this increases my Phys dmg by 30% while up.

Soul Barrier 30sec CD - 1mil +100k per soul frag absorb, great for not taking dmg! (this is a talent)

- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? 54 Veng | 35 Havoc
- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any?
[Kirel Narak] and [Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison] are the main ones I use. The rest are situational [Spirit of the Darkness Flame], [The Defiler's Lost Vambraces], and [Cinidaria, the Symbiote]. I would enjoy to get [Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus] and [Archimonde's Hatred Reborn] if they ever drop.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Veng-
Pre 4p: Agi > Vers > Mastery >= Haste > Crit
After 4p: Agi > Mastery >= Haste >≈ Vers > Crit (Look up at Demon Spikes) This is what I use, there are no *breakpoints* as tank.
Havoc - Crit >= Mastery > Agi > Haste > Vers
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
I am always looking at the logs of other high progressed DHs, so I can get an idea of what things they may be doing differently and to learn from that and accommodate into my playstyle. Beyond that I always checkout the various forums and discords to make sure I am at the top of my game with any new changes or idea in the community.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
Warcraft Logs
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
i7-6700K Skylake @ 4.2ghz, EVGA GTA 1080 FTW, 32G Gskill 3200 RAM, 500g Samsung EVA pro SSD, ect
≈100fps at max graphics
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
Getting past the stigma of playing the new class can be tough, but hey I fell in love with it in beta, so I always strive to be the best one can at it. I am always looking at the logs of other high progressed DHs, so I can get an idea of what things they may be doing differently and to learn from that and accommodate into my playstyle. Beyond that I am always trying to improve.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
Grouch posted in my thread and he seemed like an ok dude. I don't know anyone in these parts.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Xaphus
User

Re: Neprut - 900ilvl Veng DH Tank

Postby Xaphus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:25 am

I was reviewing your logs earlier, pretty impressive stuff. My only question for you is you don't change spec often. I did a lot of testing with DH tank and they are extremely fun especially for a high end player, they are what you call a momentum Tank haha.

Come Mythic Progression, would you be swapping specs and doing your own testing vs what you see on others?

Do you have any other tank experience or I should ask how vocal are you in such an important role. *I'm the Tank in guild at the moment so kind of an important question for me XD*

Neprut
User

Postby Neprut » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:47 am

Thanks, right now I am using just a bread and butter all encompassing talent build for Heroic since I overgear it, there is really no need for me to switch it up much **As a note I forgot to mention prior, my last two weeks in H NH I went a crit gear/dps talent build just to get big numbers ;p **.

That being said mostly mythic fights would see me doing a bit of a variety from my generic build. As an example of a big change on Skorpyron - assuming I was handling adds, key talent changes would include - Abyssal Strike for more mobility - Flame Crash & Quickened Sigils for AoE pickup. Other fights would of course have their own if needed (I can talk more about this later if you want.)

Back in Cata prior to Dragon Soul I had mained a Warlock solely, but in DS I got bored!! So I led a 10 man heroic guild as GM/raid leader/main tank on my Prot Paladin, this is where I fell in love with tanking. I also played my blood DK in that tier.
In EN I was hoping I could lead a 10 man guild (on my Veng DH) and be satisfied as I was back in Cata, but the raid was much to undertuned, and we all wanted to do Mythic but never had enough interest to get a full 20man group. So we disbanded the guild and went our separate ways. So yes, I am rather vocal when needed, but do not want to step on anyone's toes at the same time as the new guy.

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:51 pm

I like your response. Though just know you wouldn't be stepping on anyone shoes especially mine. I love an open communication and if I'm wrong about something I'm more than welcoming people to tell me so. I'm here to learn as well as you.

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Will you be available for an interview today, 12 Mar around 7-730ish pm est. I will have our mumble information messaged to you. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thank you

Neprut
User

Postby Neprut » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Yup, those times work fine for me.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”