Mayelle, 560 Elemental Shaman

Baddies
May
User

Mayelle, 560 Elemental Shaman

Postby May » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 20 , Vancouver Canada

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Dont really have specific times, but generally late afternoon or evening preference.

- Number of Testicles: 0

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes

- How long have you played WoW: I started 7 days before Cata launched. So like 3-4 years.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Started raiding Firelands, went 5/7 very very late in the patch. Switched guilds and realm and went 8/8 in DS. 10/16 in T14 although my guild went 14/16. 9/13 in ToT and currently 4/14 in SoO (Guild is 8/14). Guild switched from 25 to 10 midway/end ToT so progression slowed down heavily for a month or so as things were sorted.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Mayelle, Elemental shaman. Will be changing my name to May If I get accepted.

- Race & why did you choose it: Troll, Started as an aesthetic choice, but stuck with it in MoP because I love the Berserking tied with Ascendance.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Emerald-dream/Mayelle/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus? What ruckus, sir?

- Professions and why did you choose them: Alchemy and Jewelcrafting. Picked alchemy because Mats and flasks were hard to come by, or incredibly expensive on maelstrom as well as being a good raid spec. Jewelcrafting because the bonus gems were always a good choice and I like being fairly self sufficient.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? My off spec currently is my PVP elemental spec. As far as knowledge of the two offspecs go, I have more experience with Enhancement I simply don’t play it because carrying around 3 armour sets is no bueno. I would be completely willing to sit down with an enh or resto to pick up a couple tricks and get up to speed on either, but I generally stick to elemental.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: As of right now im kind of grabbing what I can when Im in raid and filling in the missing spots flex and normal gear, even though im past most of that now. Right now im mostly focused on trying to replace my 2 trinkets as well as my belt and 1 ring. Also my gross healing shoulders u___u

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Glyph of lightning shield. 10% less damage isn’t anything to laugh at. Clyph of Chain lightning for AOE fights. If not it’s switched out for Spiritwalkers grace, or even occasionally my fire elemental glyph for short AOE heavy fights. Lastly I still keep my Glyph of flame shock for some (very) small heals.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Flame shock first, ALWAYS. Then usually my searing totem if I don’t have to move right away. If not Unleash elements followed by Lava burst for the 30% extra damage. If my rotation is solid and I don’t have any interruptions I can usually wait till my ES is at 7 stacks to use it and not drop my 2 peice bonus but sometimes I hit it earlier to keep that up. Other then that Lightning bolt is filler as well as using my CD’s when I have haste procs or BL/potion. Ive got my Berserking macro’d into my Ascendance so theyre pmuch 1 CD. If theres 2 mobs Ill simply switch out Lightning bolt for chain lightning in my rotation and keep up DoT’s on either. 3+ Its usually just spam chain lightning unless theyre going to be alive for a super long time, or one is vastly more important to kill.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? HEALING RAIN.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Only started PVPing this patch really, as a pass time. Haven't actually gotten anywhere with it though.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Maelstrom
Horde strike force , 10m. Left because the guild was a WPVP guild and didn’t care about raiding, was my first raiding guild and wanted to move up. I was here during early FL and only stayed about a month.
Ethereal Curse 25m. Was here early/mid FL and left early H progression in DS. This guild was kind of what propelled me into wanting to get better, I slowly worked my way up the ladder and left for greener pastures, no hard feelings for them.
Emerald dream.
Shattred Oath 25man (later 10man) Joined at H Hagara and Ive been with them for 2 years. Raided 25man until H Ji-Kun progression when the guild fell into a 10man. This was also the time I stopped raiding for school and stepped out of raiding almost completly. Im currently still in this guild and have very tight bonds with a lot of the players, but its coming down to pretty much the same reason I left my previous guild, Im finding myself stagnating as a player and I would like to continue to move forward.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6wz7matlsp0hhgzc/

- Alts & their name/level: Maezul, lvl 90 Arms warrior. (PVP character) Leopard, Lvl 90 Guardian druid. (old PVE character) Kearah, Lvl 90 Shadow priest. (another RP character/my first max level) Jhumi, lvl 90 mistweaver monk (Currently my bank alt) As well as multiple other 70/80+ toons.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Skype : Nocternai Battletag is May#1309

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I know Dance, and Simple math was always a somewhat frequently mentioned guild in Shattered Oath.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? When i first started raiding my goal was to get into a guild called Roll initiative on Maelstrom, when it broke apart I was forced to look elsewhere. For a while Simple math has been that goal and Id love to be a part of it. As far as my current gear and progression goes. I started going to college about 2 and a half/ three years ago and I am finally graduating End of January. I stopped raiding during my last year as a personal choice so I could put all my focus into school. Balancing 12 hour school days with raiding just became impossible. I filled in the occasional spot for my guild but I have not done progression since early ToT. Im not necessarily looking for a spot in raiding RIGHT now, as Im aware you guys are working on Heroic garrosh and with my current state of gear I doubt I would be much use. In saying that though I would love to raid with you guys come WoD, and I will continue to up my item level accordingly.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz 2.93 GHz 4GB of RAM
I don’t have the best computer, but at optimal graphics (important things at ultra, useless things at low) I sit at around 20-30 FPS. The only places I remember having any major FPS issues was during Primordius and Elegon.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York atspeedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3239925678

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Mist
User

Re: Mayelle, 560 Elemental Shaman

Postby Mist » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:49 pm

Simple math was always a somewhat frequently mentioned guild in Shattered Oath.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:05 am

I'm in transit at the moment, I'll get to looking this over as soon as I get set up at home.
#thestruggle

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:08 am

we just accepted another elemental shaman (he's not yet on the server yet though) and we have a lot of shamans to begin with. do you plan on continuing to play a shaman in the coming expansion packs?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Kegg
User

Postby Kegg » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:59 am

Looks like a solid app.

Only question I have is about the glyphs. Since fs is extremely light on damage which in turn makes the heal extremely minor, what other glyphs would be suitable as substitutes for it?

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:03 am

I don't have much to say about the whole elemental shaman thing, but I will say this much. I don't know Mayelle personally but if she stuck through Shattered Oath in the condition that I left it in up until this point, that basically makes me confident in thinking that she's the kind of raider that we can count on to stick around.
If there's anything that this guild needs right now it's dedicated players who will stick it through no matter what, and if there's anything that I've learned about players from SO in my time there, it's that we can count on just that if we pick her up.

Maybe Keg has something to say about her performance (The little bit I've heard seems to be pretty positive, and her gear isn't super far behind which puts her at a significant advantage for content that we're doing.) Even with heavy shaman, we can't count out the potential that A) she may reroll. B) one of our millions of shamans will reroll. or C) people may quit going into WoD.

Things to consider. I'll look over the details of the app more clearly tomorrow when I'm not all dosed up on nyquil.

May
User

Postby May » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:07 am

grouch wrote:we just accepted another elemental shaman (he's not yet on the server yet though) and we have a lot of shamans to begin with. do you plan on continuing to play a shaman in the coming expansion packs?

Im aware you recruited another elemental shaman recently, but I believe that I could also be a valuable member too the guild and id love a chance to prove that. I don't foresee myself switching classes but as we get closer to WoD I might be more open to it.

Kegg wrote:Looks like a solid app.

Only question I have is about the glyphs. Since fs is extremely light on damage which in turn makes the heal extremely minor, what other glyphs would be suitable as substitutes for it?

I stuck with the Flame shock glyph mostly just because its less of a situational thing, but something that will always be active all the time. They may be small heals but I find over time it serves its worth more than some other glyphs which are very "Occasionally will do things when you use this somewhat irrelevant spell". I used to switch it out occasionally for my Fire elemental glyph, back when Primal elementalist was a little more viable for fights. For example fights like Heroic Horridon I used PE and the glyph so I had my ele out 3-4 times a fight. Spiritwalkers grace could be an OK alternative, or other glyphs like Shamanistic rage and Healing stream totem but personally ive always stayed with Flame shock.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:35 pm

Mayelle wrote:- Race & why did you choose it: Troll, Started as an aesthetic choice, but stuck with it in MoP because I love the Berserking tied with Ascendance.

do you believe this is currently the strongest race for your class/role?

Mayelle wrote:Picked alchemy because Mats and flasks were hard to come by, or incredibly expensive on maelstrom as well as being a good raid spec. Jewelcrafting because the bonus gems were always a good choice and I like being fairly self sufficient.

same here, do you believe they're the best for your current class/role?

Mayelle wrote:My off spec currently is my PVP elemental spec. As far as knowledge of the two offspecs go, I have more experience with Enhancement I simply don’t play it because carrying around 3 armour sets is no bueno. I would be completely willing to sit down with an enh or resto to pick up a couple tricks and get up to speed on either, but I generally stick to elemental.

while we don't require people to have a second pve spec it's certainly a pro.

Mayelle wrote:- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? HEALING RAIN.

you figured out the whole class and spec :)

Mayelle wrote:This was also the time I stopped raiding for school and stepped out of raiding almost completly.

do you see this happening again in the future? we're very flexible when it comes to real life obligations with the understanding that individuals don't quit entirely after things like vacations, school projects, finals, etc.

Mayelle wrote:I know Dance

i'm sorry to hear that. we offer a 10-step recovery program for this very thing.

Mayelle wrote:- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York atspeedtest.net Link the results below.

your upload speed is quite low but latency seems fine. what is your in-game latency when logged into andorhal?

Mayelle wrote:- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

sorry to seem creepy but usually when someone does a very good drawing for us it's taken from someplace else on the internet. i did a little bit of research and found your tumblr - needless to say this was your work and you're very talented. good job!
if you never tasted joy

May
User

Postby May » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:43 pm

grouch wrote:
Mayelle wrote:- Race & why did you choose it: Troll, Started as an aesthetic choice, but stuck with it in MoP because I love the Berserking tied with Ascendance.

do you believe this is currently the strongest race for your class/role?

I do, Especially since they increased the cast time of lava burst, I believe Berserking can always be usefull during a fight. Plus I feel like the Ahnk + Panda food bonus combo is kinda silly, since If I do happen to die and are able to Ahnk It throws my food bonus out the window, I will always have berserking :)

grouch wrote:
Mayelle wrote:Picked alchemy because Mats and flasks were hard to come by, or incredibly expensive on maelstrom as well as being a good raid spec. Jewelcrafting because the bonus gems were always a good choice and I like being fairly self sufficient.

same here, do you believe they're the best for your current class/role?

Its hard to say about jewelcrafting while knowing its going to be changed come WoD, but im confident in both of my professions. I would be willing to switch either considering I havent put much time into either as far as getting rare mats go, but the increase in DPS I would gain from switching is rather minimal. I would probably switch Alchemy for Engineering.

grouch wrote:
Mayelle wrote:My off spec currently is my PVP elemental spec. As far as knowledge of the two offspecs go, I have more experience with Enhancement I simply don’t play it because carrying around 3 armour sets is no bueno. I would be completely willing to sit down with an enh or resto to pick up a couple tricks and get up to speed on either, but I generally stick to elemental.

while we don't require people to have a second pve spec it's certainly a pro.

I understand that, Its mostly a gear issue thats holding me back from having my OS be Enhancement. I carry around a lot of junk in my bags as well as PVP gear so carrying another Agi set is always kind of frustrating for me.

grouch wrote:
Mayelle wrote:- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? HEALING RAIN.

you figured out the whole class and spec :)

awwww yisssss

grouch wrote:
Mayelle wrote:This was also the time I stopped raiding for school and stepped out of raiding almost completly.

do you see this happening again in the future? we're very flexible when it comes to real life obligations with the understanding that individuals don't quit entirely after things like vacations, school projects, finals, etc.

TLDR: Unless I magically get a job that interfears, no.
With the way that my school works I never really graduate once im done. I may be graduating in 1-2 weeks officially but Im allowed to stick around to finish my demo reel essentially as long as I need. In saying that though the schedule is completly up too me, If I want to go in once a week, or keep my 5 day/12 hour schedule I can. Ive already kind of planned things around being able to make raid times and I dont forsee any upcomming issues with that. The only thing thats somewhat of an unknown is there IS a small possibility of me getting a job right out of the gate, but its very slim. My next couple months will most likely be spend refining my demo reel before I start applying anywhere anyway.

grouch wrote:
Mayelle wrote:I know Dance

i'm sorry to hear that. we offer a 10-step recovery program for this very thing.

Sign me up.

grouch wrote:
Mayelle wrote:- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York atspeedtest.net Link the results below.

your upload speed is quite low but latency seems fine. what is your in-game latency when logged into andorhal?

After sitting on Andorhal for a bit it seems to average at about 95~118. Its funny because on ED its about 110~130 on average and I dont have any issues here. (I dont think ive actually been on a server thats on the west coast....)

grouch wrote:
Mayelle wrote:- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

sorry to seem creepy but usually when someone does a very good drawing for us it's taken from someplace else on the internet. i did a little bit of research and found your tumblr - needless to say this was your work and you're very talented. good job!

o no. i am so sorry friend. (Seriously thank you though, I wanted to originally do it in paint as well but paint doesn't support transparencies so I broke out photoshop for it :p)

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:58 pm

I understand that, Its mostly a gear issue thats holding me back from having my OS be Enhancement. I carry around a lot of junk in my bags as well as PVP gear so carrying another Agi set is always kind of frustrating for me.

It would be extremely unlikely for us to require a class to go from one DPS spec to another DPS offspec (unless said DPS offspec provides something that the other one doesn't and no other class provides. DK's tend to bounce between unholy \ frost but that's a bit of a different situation from enh \ele)

It would be far more likely that we'd need a DPS to go healer or a healer to go DPS than for an ele shaman to go enh. I may be talking out of my ass here but I cannot fathom any reason why we'd do that. (IE: we made Rude and Keg heal on heroic Thok progression.)

If that were ever the case, would you be comfortable being resto?

May
User

Postby May » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:51 pm

Mist wrote:

It would be extremely unlikely for us to require a class to go from one DPS spec to another DPS offspec (unless said DPS offspec provides something that the other one doesn't and no other class provides. DK's tend to bounce between unholy \ frost but that's a bit of a different situation from enh \ele)

It would be far more likely that we'd need a DPS to go healer or a healer to go DPS than for an ele shaman to go enh. I may be talking out of my ass here but I cannot fathom any reason why we'd do that. (IE: we made Rude and Keg heal on heroic Thok progression.)

If that were ever the case, would you be comfortable being resto?

As of right now? No. Healing isnt completely unfathomable for me though, I level 95% of my characters as resto/holy/whatever if I have the chance too so I understand the concept behind it? I just have never put it to use in a raid environment. Its always been something I would stop once I hit max level then I would jump too whatever spec I actually wanted to play. I have no issues with learning it though, and maybe Zaithon or even you could help me out a little with it.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Didn't Zaithon die?

That's surprising. Either way, all I really care about is that you're willing to learn it and pick it up if we need it.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Mayelle wrote:the increase in DPS I would gain from switching is rather minimal. I would probably switch Alchemy for Engineering.

yep, there's not a huge dps difference for most classes (not sure about shaman though). i was mostly asking because engineering is frequently very strong utility-wise.

Mayelle wrote:o no. i am so sorry friend. (Seriously thank you though, I wanted to originally do it in paint as well but paint doesn't support transparencies so I broke out photoshop for it :p)

quite alright! i enjoyed seeing your other work as well.
if you never tasted joy

May
User

Postby May » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Mist wrote:Didn't Zaithon die?

That's surprising. Either way, all I really care about is that you're willing to learn it and pick it up if we need it.

He is certainly not dead! HE IS MY SHAMAN BUDDY uwu I am certainly willing to learn though :)

grouch wrote:
Mayelle wrote:the increase in DPS I would gain from switching is rather minimal. I would probably switch Alchemy for Engineering.

yep, there's not a huge dps difference for most classes (not sure about shaman though). i was mostly asking because engineering is frequently very strong utility-wise.

Yeah Ive thought about switching to engineering, Especially considering I would fucking love to have that goblin glider and boots. It always just kind of came down to leveling engineering on ED while buying all the mats is like 10k ~_____~ It would be what I would switch too if I had to choose, Enchanting/Leatherworking would probably be my second choice.

grouch wrote:
Mayelle wrote:o no. i am so sorry friend. (Seriously thank you though, I wanted to originally do it in paint as well but paint doesn't support transparencies so I broke out photoshop for it :p)

quite alright! i enjoyed seeing your other work as well.

Awwwww shucks uwu

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Mist wrote:

why you gotta cockblock me Mist
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”