- Age & Location: 21/ Florida
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? No, I haven't ever been hacked, and always leave my phone in weird places, don't want to find it to log into wow.
- How long have you played WoW: I played a little in bc/wrath but I didn't really get into raiding until cata.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Xavius and Ghuun CE. Got really close in most tiers last expansion but had issues with guilds dying/ giving up.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I've been in carnage for a long time, but this tier is by far the worst they've done since I've joined and its just no longer satisfying to raid with them.
- Name & Class: Redguko. Deathknight
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... an/Redguko
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? I generally main frost, unless a fight is better for unholy, but this raid really doesn't have much unholy fights. I also have played blood to sub for tanks, I tanked for most of my wow carrier on dk/warrior. I do m+ as all 3 specs, blood was my highest score last season.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Opener: obliterate 3 times, howling blast if proced. If not wait for rune then use. Wait for runes to fill back up on 4+ runes, but less than 6 use runic empowerment. On next gcd use breath/pillar. Then use obliterate every time you go below full rp. Use remorseless winter on cd. Use howling blast on procs. Blood elf when no longer able to cap rp. Continue until breath drops. Outside of breath you just alternate obliterates and frost strikes while maintaining howling blast debuff. Before every pillar pool runes. At the end of pillars including breath pillars use last gcd to use icy chains for 1st tier talent.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & off specs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Frost has really bad azerite traits so generally just prioritized treacherous covenant for st. I prefer a remorseless winter build, which gives value to remorseless winter trait. Frost's stat priorities are simple- prioritize mastery>crit>vers>haste>str. Its one of the few specs that has strength lower than its worst secondary. For unholy you need festermite azerite trait on all 3 peices. Its stat priority is a little different, for pure st it wants haste/crit without breakpoints with other stats being very low priority. On aoe fights, which BoD has many, unholy wants more mastery to enhance their dots. For blood you want haste/vers, mastery is not as good as it once was, and crit is purely for damage, and has little effect on blood dk mitigation. Azerite traits are almost all one offs, where you just need a copy.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? I do a lot of m+ I put everything into practice there. I also sim my character to get a good idea of whats best. Warcraft logs are also a good place to look for what sort of builds do well on a fight, although this should be done with caution because sometimes the best talents represent padding on a specific part of the fight. I also watch nnogga, who is method's dk, he frequently talks about the optimizations of frost.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
I always prioritize killing the boss to anything else. Most dks refuse to brez, despite having the only instant rez in the game because of the rp cost. But if a tank dies, no one but the dk should do it, as he is the only melee brez (besides feral lol). My healing parses are almost always orange because I'm fine with wasting a global/rp on a heal if it means we don't have to waste a brez on me. Which many dks fail to do. And well maintaining these practices I continuously still preform above average for my spec in damage, Also, I play blood, and historically gore fiends grasp has proved to be useful enough to 3 tank fights or sub out a tank for progression, and I would be more than happy to take that role.
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 172052.jpg
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... an/redguko
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? I built my computer, my cpu is an i7-4790k, a 1070 gpu, and 16gb of some off brand random ram, I get around 100fps during raids.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? My friend cheesedot, was one of the better if not best raider in carnage and I saw he applied here. The times looked good for me so I thought I'd might give it a shot. To be honest I've never really been the type to apply to guilds far above my own progression, I don't want to feel as if I am being carried, so 6/9 was a little intimating.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS). Jaina struggling with simple math