- Age & Location: 26/ Cleveland, OH
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?: Yes
- How long have you played WoW: TBC pre-patch
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Pre-nerf Illidan in TBC with <Faded Out> us-Mal'ganis, Cutting edge in EN, currently 5/8M with a 2% wipe on Zul. As of right now, I will be getting M G'huun experience this weekend.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: <Convergence EC>: I'm sure all your applicants say this, but I was consistently a top 1-2 performer in this guild for both mechanics and dps. I was very unhappy with the leadership and our lack of progress. Our weaker raiders consistently screwed up the same mechanics and didn't get called out or sat due to them being real-life friends of the GM and a few officers. I was no longer having fun during raid and I chose to move on
<Wrong Strat>: I moved to this guild to follow a real-life friend I was raiding with before. The raid times are not ideal for me and I have been on the bench since I joined last week. I outperform their current DHs and I feel like I am being underutilized.
- Name & Class: Cmonhunter-Demon Hunter
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Cmonhunter
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?: My main spec is Havoc (DPS). I have a tank set as well and I regularly tank m+s. I also tanked the crawgs on Zul while in <Convergence EC>.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Immolation Aura with 5s left on pull timer. Pre-pot with agility potion and open up with Metamorphosis. Death Sweep > Eyebeam > Annihilation until no fury. Build fury with Demon's Bite while using Blade Dance/Death Sweep on cooldown. Use immolation aura and Eye beam on CD. If there is an add phase of a fight coming up within 30s, I save eyebeam. Blade Dance/Death Sweep takes priority over Eye Beam, which takes priority over Immolation Aura if more than one are up at the same time. Build fury to near full without over-capping before dumping it all with Chaos Strike/Annihilation. If it is up, Blade Dance/Death Sweep interrupt the build phase (Immolation Aura and Eyebeam both build fury, so they are part of the build phase in my eyes.
Depending on the fight length, Metamorphosis may be used a second time. If Metamorphosis comes back up and the fight has more than 4minutes left, I meta instantly in order to use a third one later on. If a third Metamorphosis is not possible, I prioritize using my second one to deal with difficult adds, burn phases, or when we bloodlust. I generally pop my 2nd agility potion during metamorphosis as long as it isn't required earlier in the fight for a dps check (like Fetid adds).
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
I heavily prioritize versatility as Havoc. According to Bloodmallet, the absolute max DPS comes with a secondary distribution of 40% vers, 40% crit, 10% haste, and 10% mastery. These numbers are based on total counting stats, not in-game character percentages.
Until recently, many DHs I've seen have been stacking haste. At one point, haste was slightly more valuable than vers, but the difference was minimal. In that situation, I chose to still stack vers and my parses reflect that it worked. With haste stacking on a DH, our build/spend with the fury refunding mechanic on chaos strike/annihilation make it easy to accidentally overcap fury, miss using blade dance/death sweep on the first possible global, or start the build phase too soon if you get lucky with fury refunds.
With a vers build, I am able to consistently put out near maximum damage while also being able to focus more on mechanics since my rotation is slightly slower and I don't have to worry as much about missing globals. Stacking vers also has the added effect of increased survivability through increased passive damage reduction. I felt this benefit outweighed the minimal theoretical dps increase of the haste build as I was gearing up. Now that a vers build is ideal, I am already almost perfectly statted outside of relying on crazy titanforges from m+.
For Vengeance, I also stack vers. A full vers build does about 96.43% maximum damage and it gives me more survivability, which helps out greatly in m+s.
Also, I check bloodmallet and sims to choose azerite traits.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? I regularly sim myself on raidbots, I check Bloodmallet often, I analyze logs of top parsing DHs, and I test any major changes in normal or LFR before bringing them into mythic. I have been playing DH since Legion pre-patch and I am very comfortable playing any talent build available to Havoc.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
I am a competent raider and I prioritize mechanics. I am very consistent with my performance and I am willing to go out of my way to help the raid. I regularly sacrifice DPS/parses in order to deal with mechanics instead of having to rely on others. That being said, I also do very good damage for my spec. My parses are generally above 90 even when I can't just tunnel the boss like the top parsers can. I am very open to criticism and I am not too proud to ask for help if I am having trouble with my performance.
Other Information: I am currently in grad school. I choose to spend most of my free time studying or playing WoW. I am very active in game and I value a good community and a cohesive raid team.
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: https://gyazo.com/cc6316c37fb984780308f0c80621bb85
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... cmonhunter
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? Acer Aspire V Nitro laptop. i7 6700/16gb ram/Gtx960
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I found y'all just browsing on Wowprogress. I am looking for a guild that can help me grow as a DH and as an overall raider. I feel that Simple Math would bring the best out of me and that I would be able to help y'all achieve your goals for the future.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
It seems that pingtest has been integrated into speedtest?
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).