Baddies
Cheesedot
User

Cheesedot - Warlock

Postby Cheesedot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:22 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 24/Denver
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Never got around to it, never had an issue in the past.
- How long have you played WoW: started late into patch 5.4 MOP
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Xavius, Argus, Ghuun CE
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Talented Failures: Guild fell apart in M TOS and a group of us transferred to current guild.

Carnage: Current guild, leaving because not happy with how progression has gone thus far, close friends starting to leave as well.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Cheesedot - Warlock (i play all 3 specs, tho currently Destro is the top spec in BDA)
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /Cheesedot
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Aff in Uldir, Destro in BDA due to fight design. I play all 3 specs very comfortably in a progression environment.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Keep conflag charges rolling, CB around 2.5-3 shards. Infernal+DSI on CD unless fight timers dictate only 1-2 uses in which case pool+pair unless certain damage checks need to be met prior to 3-6 minute mark. 3.5+ shards and 2 conflag charges going into havoc window. maintain immo (especially important due to flashpoint's prominence in the current fights). Havoc on CD unless a hold is called to use as a single target increase due to shard gen.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Destro's current ability to abuse fight mechanics and stay near perma-lusted+havoc'd makes it the top performing spec. running double flashpoint for obvious reasons paired with CI, CS, and a bursting flare. CI+CS for QOL procs and flat damage increase to main spells, bursting flare because it beat the other option on the row and depending on fight mastery becomes the strongest stat for destro due to abundance of haste from flashpoint. Running a TC as well for flat int gain on openers although on certain fights it can prove to be a detriment so running that in a raid would depend on what healers/RL request. No breakpoints for any specs outside of over-hasting which i believe is 100% haste without lust. Current stat prio with double flashpoint is int/mast>haste>crit. For aff you push Mast+Haste and nothing else. Demo wants Haste+Mast ideally with small Crit+Vers values however the emergence of the new EP+DCon build which is still being optimized could create a flashpoint-esque situation.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? LOSS, Warlock Discord, IcyVeins for Demo specifically, i rewatch VODs from my stream to see where i can min-max certain sequences from pull to pull to maintain consistency. Occasionaly i check wowanalyzer to see if i overcapped shard frags but alotta time the site doesn't really account for fight mechanics.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?

I put a lot of effort and thought into my class, and how to best min-max on a given fight. While it's nice when they're orange or purple, i could care less about my parses as long as the boss dies and we keep progression pace where we want it. While I haven't raided in a top US 100 guild before i believe i carry a similar mindset, and I hope to prove, a similar talent set to players at that level. Our RL and another Officer were both members of Blood Legion in their hayday, I've talked at length with them regarding what it takes to perform at that level and I made it a goal at the start of BFA to prove myself capable of being in that tier of player. I take progression very seriously but i'm not a rage kid. i understand the difference between a competitive mindset and just being toxic. I 100% do not believe in using a guild as a stepping stone. I was in Carnage for well over a year, I had no intention of leaving until events this tier and the end of Uldir changed my mind. I hope to prove that i'll be one of the most consistent players you have ever recruited.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:

First image is standard out of combat
Second image is in combat with WA+frames. apologies for the giant play button in the middle, i snipped it off a stream VOD from the other night.
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... cheesedot#
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? Intel I7-7700K, 16GB DDR-2400 Memory Module (WoW is on an SSD for quicker loads). GTX1080 graphics. i run 60+ FPS with no framedrops or issues even when streaming. Except Zul trash, because Zul trash is bull.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
Raid Times fit perfectly, and the guild progress looks fantastic thus far and Warlock is listed as a class being recruited. Although even if it wasn't I would still apply given the previous reasons as well as the guild's history of strong performance. Found you guys on WoWProgress. I do not know anyone in the guild currently to the best of my knowledge.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8025933543
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Because Bob Ross is 11/9M
Attachments
Bob.png
Final Question

Cheesedot
User

Re: Cheesedot - Warlock

Postby Cheesedot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:38 am

Edit - Re-adding UI pics as the Imgur links seemed to have bugged out
Attachments
ui.PNG

Paradigmz
User

Postby Paradigmz » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:56 am

Is there a time either later today or tomorrow that you'll be available to interview?

Cheesedot
User

Postby Cheesedot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 pm

I should be available nearly all morning/afternoon today and most of tomorrow evening

Paradigmz
User

Postby Paradigmz » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:09 pm

Are you available now?

Cheesedot
User

Postby Cheesedot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:20 pm

Sure thing
Discord: Cheese #9796
Bnet: DCQ#11194