User

Gailbaitbb - Rogue

Postby gailbait » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:02 am

Player information:
- Age & Location:
24, Texas

- Number of Testicles:
Probably 3, maybe 2

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
Yes.

- How long have you played WoW:
Since vanilla's release.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Raid Lead as a young chap during ICC killed LK 10man normal, full heroic EM, 7/8M Uldir. (I have historically been PvP oriented.)

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
EC Convergence (US-Illidan) (7/8M) - currently the melee officer, lack of progression for many reasons. Some of the reasons include GM (and RL) overriding consensus among the four other officers in terms of decisions and strategy, GM not replacing person friends regardless of their consistent lack of performance and mistakes (our MT hearthed out of a fight and wasn't reprimanded while the GM will reprimand other non-RL friends for things they didn't even do, and he wouldn't know because he leaves looking at logs to us officers), etc etc.

Character Information:
- Name & Class:
Gailbaitbb - Rogue and I'm willing to play just about anything for a guild that I have fun and make reasonable progress with.

- Link to battle.net Armory:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Gailbaitbb

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?
Assa but have/will play all specs as the fight calls for it (for example; ZekVoz outlaw is typically higher parsing, but my group was facing burn phase issues so I went Assa to make up for that).
I play all specs all the time.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Opener with x1 or more SS playing exsang in ST fights:
Garrote > Rupt > Garrote > Vendetta > Mut > Rup > Exsang
Opener with x1 or more SS playing TB in ST fights:
Garrote > Rupt > Garrote > Vendetta > TB > Envenom > Mut to 4+ CP > Envenom

I'm not sure if I need to write out every detail, but typical rotation is:
Maintain bleeds on ~3 targets (varies on fights and circumstances) > envenom when 4+ CP's while pooling energy to maintain EP as much as possible
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:

my WA's are not shown but are directly below CP bar

- Logs from warcraftlogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... gailbaitbb
have been on Ghuun and raidlocked, so no 8.1 parses.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
Windows 10
i7-4770k
GTX 1080
16gb ddr3 ram
typically ~100fps in raids, spiking on some fights during massive AoE phases

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
Friend from my current guild that left and are happy with y'all after leaving my guild. (Rocco, Sosa)

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7932164789

pingtest.net has been discontinued.

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

i took a lot of time on that self portrait.

gailbait
User

Re: Gailbaitbb - Rogue

Postby gailbait » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:29 am

So apparently I missed these 3 after doing some minor reformatting for readability:
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Assa - Haste/Crit is pretty. Haste = faster bleed ticks + more energy regen, crit = more CP's and higher DPS off of everything
Outlaw - Haste/Crit as well, although crit > haste in cleave
Sub - Crit/Haste ST and Mastery/Crit AoE.

All specs have minor reasons and situations that secondaries are more useful than others, specifically with m+ and ST vs cleave fights.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
I sim both Raidbots and Dr, Robot. I read bloodmallet and herodamage. I read ravenhodlt disc and their guides. Check icy-veins everyonce in a while, although I find them unreliable. I test for myself in several ways; mostly being sim manipulations and in raid experience on farm bosses, but also discuss questions in class-discords and heavily look at warcraftlogs for what other high parsing rogues are doing in term of CD management with similar strats to my groups.

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
I'm no different from any other decent rogue. I just keep up with my spec/classes and critically think while I am progressing in fights.
I guess my good qualities are: boss kills always are more important than parsing or specs i prefer to play, if I make mistakes I am not afraid to ask for clarification on specifics to find out what I am/was doing wrong, I research my class and enjoy performing the best I can per fight, and I learn and adapt quickly.

Thyopath
User

Postby Thyopath » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:34 pm

I was just curious as we are currently having a requirement of neck level 38 but with you current neck level it would be very hard for you to achieve that on time. What would you be willing to do to help push toward the level that many of the other raiders are already sitting at? Along with this what level do you see yourself hitting before mythic week?

Phasd
User

Postby Phasd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 pm

Hey Gailbait,

When would you be available for an interview with us in Discord?

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”