Valyri Havoc DH (Willing to transfer/faction change)

Baddies
Phasd
User

Valyri Havoc DH (Willing to transfer/faction change)

Postby Phasd » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:39 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 28/Huntsville, Alabama
- Number of Testicles: Only 2 that I’m aware of.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: I’ve been playing WoW since the Naxx patch in Vanilla.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): My latest guild has consistently cleared about halfway to ¾ of every Mythic raid tier since HFC in WoD. No Cutting Edge achievements currently (more on this in the next question).
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Gnome Regrets-Azuremyst [A]. I’ve been raiding with this guild for a few years now. I liked the people I played with, but the raid group was a 2-night casual team that didn’t assert or enforce reasonable standards. We’ve come to a point where many of the higher-performing players are wanting more. As for myself (at the risk of sounding cocky) I consider myself to play at a reasonably high level. As would be proven by my logs that will be linked below, many players in our group were struggling to carry many others through content they had no business doing. This became too much of a burden for the raid group, and now many of the best players are moving on. I’ve decided to start pushing myself and am looking for a raid team that can consistently get Cutting Edge in a strong, progress-oriented environment that holds its raiders accountable (with a group of raiders that expect to be held accountable). For more information on this I’d be more than happy to speak with an officer.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Valyri, Demon Hunter
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... yst/Valyri
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Havoc MS, Vengeance OS. I played Vengeance very frequently in Legion (I tanked for my static M+ group at level 20+ and also was the primary back-up tank for our Mythic progress team).
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: For Havoc DH, the idea is to rapidly run your hand across the left side of the keyboard. In all seriousness, the current optimal DH “rotation” relies on fury management (basically not overcapping, ensuring you have the fury available to cast priority spells) and using priority spells on CD. Using Eye beam on CD to invoke Meta (only holding it if multiple adds are spawning very quickly) and keeping Blade Dance/Death Sweep as well as Immolation Aura on CD at all times. If using Fel Barrage talent, you typically want to pair it with haste procs if possible, using it on CD unless adds are spawning soon. Meta usage is fight-dependant.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): My choice of gear and stat priorities depend entirely upon the encounter and simulations. For Havoc DH, ilvl is typically king as all stats EXCEPT mastery are generally pretty even for ST encounters. My current simulations favor Versatility, so that’s what I’m using atm for gems/enchants. This can change frequently, so I generate new stat weights through simulations every time I get a new piece of gear. Trinket selection depends entirely on simulations. I also keep a secondary set of stat weights for AoE encounters. There are no noteworthy or major breakpoints for Havoc DH.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Class Discords are my primary method of class research, as well as reviewing recommended talents/trinkets on a per-encounter basis from Warcraftlogs rankings (these are taken with a grain of salt to avoid padding in rare scenarios). I do fight research through the Dungeon Journal, youtube channel guides (such as FatbossTV), and through watching kill videos from top guilds such as Method or Limit.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I am an incredibly competitive person by nature, and this transitions heavily into my WoW life. I am a full-time student who studies entirely online on my own schedule, meaning I have no commitment issues for raiding and can place it as my top priority. This may seem exceptionally lame, but WoW is basically all I do outside of school. It is my passion, which is why I’m looking for a quality raid team so that I can push myself in a healthy, fast-moving environment. I am my own largest critic… any criticism brought to me by raid leadership is likely something I’m already looking at myself. That said, I both welcome and expect constructive criticism for not only myself, but my fellow raiders so that progression is smooth and players are happy.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... yst/valyri I do not yet have Heroic fully cleared, as I did not want to overstep my guild’s progress through PUGs for personal/morale reasons. I feel that the current Normal/Heroic logs should suffice. I’m currently rank 3 on my server’s All-Star list for Normal Uldir, despite our guild’s lower than average kill times.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6 cores, 8GB DDR4 RAM (have one more 8GB stick coming this weekend in the mail, making that 16GB DDR4), Nvidia GTX 1060. I run WoW at high-ultra (with some effects lowered like shadows) at ~100 FPS in raids.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I found your post on mmo-champion.com. In all honesty, I am not targeting any specific guild. I’m more targeting specific *types* of guilds that would fit the level of progression I would find engaging and the type of community I would enjoy. Also looking for Horde.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/7656179002.png These are the same website now, I’m pretty sure. The second link is broken for me, anyways.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS). I’m an incredibly gifted artist, btw.

Additional information about myself: I love Demon Hunter and it’s what I’m applying as, but as far as class flexibility I only really restrict myself to DPS. I’m comfortable raiding on any of my alts, and plan on transferring my DH, Rogue, and Warrior when I find a home. I’m more than willing to swap the two alts around to another class if necessary. I realize you may not require alts but I enjoy maintaining multiple characters, and will happily swap to a different character if/when the time comes and class-stacking is necessary, or if a specific class is required per the raid’s needs. I am not a one-trick pony in terms of classes and am confident in my abilities to master multiple classes at any given time. As far as the application and Uldir progress goes, I am for now limited to only DH until I get my other toons caught up. Just thought I’d add this in for future raid tiers, if it was relevant. Thanks for reading! You can find me on Bnet AND Discord under the tag Phasd#1365.

Mooby
User

Re: Valyri Havoc DH (Willing to transfer/faction change)

Postby Mooby » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:10 am

Would you be available for a short interview tonight around 8pm ET?
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Phasd
User

Postby Phasd » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:13 am

Absolutely. Looking forward to it!

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:01 pm

Sent you a link to our Discord. Feel free to join whenever!
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”