Baddies
Mindalus
User

Guild Application: Havoc Demon Hunter-Mindalus

Postby Mindalus » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 27, Toronto Ontario Canada
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? I do use a Blizzard Authenticator.
- How long have you played WoW: I have played WoW since Vanilla. I took a break during WoD and came back at the very end of Legion.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I have raided my entire WoW career, however most of my Hardcore experience comes from MoP where I played an ele/resto shaman and a DK in our alt raid. I have all Cutting Edge achievements from MoP and was in a top 150 US guild called last word (Top 36US in SoO). My current progression is 8/8N and 4/8 Heroic as my guild seems to be struggling with the last 4 so I have been trying to pug.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: My current guild is called Guardian Down on Zul'jin. My main reason for leaving is the fact that I just don't see us getting very far in mythic with the current roster. A lot of people don't seem to want to take the game as seriously as myself and since I have a busy work life I like to get down to business when I raid.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Mindalus, Demon Hunter
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... n/Mindalus
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Main Spec: Havoc. Off Spec:Vengeance and I play it all the time in M+.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Of course this depends quite a bit on talents, however if I am playing
Momentum (and have demon blades):

1.Meta in at the beginning of the pull, vengeful back and fel rush in to get all buffs rolling.
2.Keep up Momentum buff (Manage fel rush charges, if I have UBC, ensure it hits all targets)
3.Then priority system is as follows: death sweep, fel blade, eye beam then go into annihilation/chaos strike to spend fury.

For Demonic Opener/Rotation:
1. Immo aura around 3 seconds on pull timer
2.Demons bite for fury then eyebeam to activate demonic.
3.Death sweep and then meta.
4. Start spending on Annihilation (death sweep on CD) and laugh at how easy Demonic is xD.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Currently Haste, Verse and Crit all sim around the same level for my DH (Haste/Verse being a bit higher). I am looking to drop some mastery and get the two laser matrix pieces or two revolving blades when I can but this is somewhat limited without M+ caches yet. Currently my top azerite pieces have subpar traits but sim much higher due to the raw stats (enchants are pretty straight forward going for Quick and Verse).
For Vengeance I try to stack Rigid carapace traits and am looking for one more sigil trait as it excels in M+.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? All over the place: DH discord, Icy veins, wow head, hero damage, blood mallet, raidbots, etc.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
Not only do I have a lot of raiding experience in multiple roles, but I put a lot of effort into improving my game play constantly through both research and practice. I always research my logs after a raid to see where I can improve to ensure I am high on the meters every night. Finally, I am very open to taking the utility roles in fights such as Ghuun and being the runner as I enjoy roles like that. I don't miss interrupts, and I always use chaos nova/darkness where applicable, I have found that a lot of DH's forget about those buttons :).

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:https://imgur.com/a/B5ngwrI
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=3
https://raider.io/characters/us/zuljin/Mindalus
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? CPU: i7 7700L, 16GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTX 1070. Typical FPS during a raid is 90-120.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Judging by the quality of the website it looks like you put a lot of effort into ensuring that there is a good community culture which I appreciate. I found Simple Math on the Fel Hammer discord and I do not know anyone in it.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. Both a Toronto and New York Speed Test:
Toronto:https://imgur.com/a/bPNqXY3
New York:https://imgur.com/a/L7hFBMc

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Please note, I am a Financial Analyst so I am a numbers person and I stay as far away from art as possible. Open at your own risk:

Thank you for the consideration,

Andrew

Clammy
User

Re: Guild Application: Havoc Demon Hunter-Mindalus

Postby Clammy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:43 am

I like this app btw d(^-~)z

Dianara
User

Postby Dianara » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Really gud paint!

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Would you be available for a short interview tomorrow around 7:30pm ET?
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Mindalus
User

Postby Mindalus » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Mooby wrote:Would you be available for a short interview tomorrow around 7:30pm ET?

Yes I am available at that time. Thanks!

Mindalus
User

Postby Mindalus » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Dianara wrote:Really gud paint!

Lol thank you for lying :)

Mindalus
User

Postby Mindalus » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Mindalus wrote:
Dianara wrote:Really gud paint!

Thank you!

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Sent you a link to our Discord. Feel free to join anytime!
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”