Baddies
Tojara
User

Gròmmash - Death Knight

Postby Tojara » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:03 pm

Player information:

- Age & Location: 31, Nova Scotia, Canada

- Number of Testicles: 2

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yeah, I use the the phone authenticator.

- How long have you played WoW: Since stress test over 13 years ago.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Every single boss when relevant, sans the last 3 in Naxx during Vanilla, KJ prior to the 3.0 patch, and the Lich King on Heroic difficulty.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: CryHavoc on Bonechewer. Aside from the guilds I ran over 13 years ago on my own, I was an officer in CryHavoc since TBC, and took over the guild on my own when Cataclysm came out. It's the only guild I've ever applied to prior to this one. To put that in perspective I was 18 years old the last time I applied to a guild.

As to why? I just don't want to raid lead, recruit or GM anymore. I did virtually everything by myself for a good 9 years, and even before that I was heavily involved with everything behind the scenes. Most of my core (90%), expressed interest in raiding less after we killed Argus, and with my heart generally not into it anymore, they slowly left one by one to a new guild over a couple month period. I decided it wasn't worth the effort making myself miserable, and decided to call it quits.

Character Information:

- Name & Class: Gròmmash, Death Knight

- Link to battle.net Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/character/bone ... 3%B2mmash/
https://www.wowprogress.com/character/u ... ewer/Teira

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Blood is my main spec, but I've played both frost & unholy over the years, mostly when only a single tank was required. The other link is my alt, which I'm playing retribution on right now, but am quite fine at playing protection as well. I'm actually pretty good at retribution if it ends up being stronger than either DK dps spec, but that's not up to me, it would be up to you guys.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Most DK specs play exactly the same in regards to just not wasting resources.

Blood: Don't sit on runes, don't waste RP, don't sit on two blood boil charges and stay above 5 bone shield stacks if running ossuary (which you should be running 99% of the time). Heart strike as filler, blood drinker on CD (generally for damage). Bloods not overly complicated, it's essentially (like mentioned), don't waste resources. So doing things like using marrow rend with 8 stacks is stupid, or doing it with 7 (if you have one of the azerite traits that give you a chance for a bonus), is wasteful.

Frost: Generally hit the buttons as they light up. Icy talons makes you not mindlessly spam frost strike, and because of how ungodly slow frost is right now, you can safely sit on shit for awhile anyways to pool before using things like remorseless winter (talented), or BoS. Otherwise it's literally making sure you don't drop icy talons, and literally hitting stuff on CD.

Unholy: Apply disease, and generally don't scourge strike if you don't have wounds up. Unlike frost there is some nuance to playing unholy because it actually has some setup, and the talents can change a bit, depending on encounter. Granted I'd argue this is more of a M+ thing. Generally in an AoE situation you would ideally want to festering strike a few targets before plopping down your DnD, as scourge strike will pop every single one of them in an AoE while standing in your DnD.

Not really sure if you guys want absolute specifics because encounters differ based on AoE and such, hence rotations would be altered quite a bit. The above is just a general run down on how the class plays. I can elaborate more if pressed, but I don't know if you really need to hear that you death coil on single target, and take the AoE runic power spender on fights with adds.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Currently just mashing haste because I main blood, but haste is usually fine for all three specs anyway. I generally avoid mastery cause it's trash garbage. Both DPS specs generally care about iLvL more than anything else, and special breakpoints probably won't matter like they did in Legion. More specifically in Legion when summon valkyr was strong for unholy, and a particular amount of haste was needed to get an extra strike in at the time. As of now, summon gargoyle really isn't that great.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Pretty much all over the place. The DK discord generally has decent information, but you still have to be careful skimming through it. While it's not terrible, it's certainly not the resource that other specializations get (like the monk one). I'll skim MMO from time to time, and take a preliminary glance at Icy Veins, but those areas are generally more feel crafty than anything else.

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I'll be honest I haven't done DPS for years as a main, but I still took being the best at maximizing my damage when I played a tank for a good 9 years as well. I won't be completely arrogant, but when given the opportunity to DPS with proper setup on most classes I play, I generally perform at the top or at least where I should be.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: https://gyazo.com/758e7b2091f823508fd657250fb96753

Some notes. I generally don't run damage meters. I just check logs between pulls if I need anything relevant. All my shit appears in the middle, and I use mostly Blizzard standard UI. For tanking and DPS, pretty much any important debuff shows up on the default frames. If I was healing (I'll never heal), I'd probably use something else.

- Logs from warcraftlogs:

Nighthold: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... spec=Blood
Tomb of Sargeras: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... spec=Blood
Antorus: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... spec=Blood

I know the above isn't as DPS, but I'm pretty sure I can perform around that level with most DPS specs as well. You can look back further in my logs and see pretty much the same patterns. My Antorus ones would be higher but we only have one kill on Argus and Aggramar.

Logs largely depend on guild as well. Some guilds are up for cheesing to get good logs, but I never ran my guild like that, as I valued actually doing other shit post farm than relearn bosses so a select few people can parse each week. While I pride myself in doing well, there are certain bosses as a tank that I wasn't willing to change in order to get a higher rank. I know I can compete #s wise with the very best, I just didn't feel like doing it for artificial points on a website. Hence why I don't have have a log for Star Augur in Nighthold (I sat, or did DPS on that one), or why I never changed our strategy on Socrethar so that I could tank the boss instead of using the robot (I valued killing the boss, instead of wiping several times while our OT learned the robot).

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? i5-3550 (old I know), 1070 graphics card and 8 gigs of ram. Generally run close to 100 FPS with near max settings (some I turn down a bit like shadows).

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I updated my WoWprogress profile, and somebody contacted the other person I was applying with.

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.

https://gyazo.com/07f390cbb02683931c79e48f21d7229f

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

https://gyazo.com/26480a26bd28e9b115dddb911b66b9eb

Waves
User

Re: Gròmmash - Death Knight

Postby Waves » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:38 pm

We'd like to offer you a trial, sent you the discord info.

Draxenale
User

Postby Draxenale » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:41 pm

Loved the paint 10/10

Ricket
User

Postby Ricket » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:18 pm

Wow that was plagiarized

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”