Sprizon, Undead Priest

Baddies
sprizon
User

Sprizon, Undead Priest

Postby sprizon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Player information:

- Age & Location: 22, Seattle, WA

- Number of Testicles: Somewhere around 2 I think, haven't gotten a physical in awhile tho

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? No, and only because I forgot that was a thing until now. I'll probably apply it after I submit this application.

- How long have you played WoW: My timeframe here is pretty iffy. I played in Vanilla around 2006 when I was 10, played until BC released, raided for awhile in BC, then left before WotLK released. Since then, I would dabble in and out of the game just to keep up with the Lore, reconnect with friends, and enjoy the game for it's most basic elements. I came back in WoD and raided a *very* small amount, just normal PUG raids. I am now returning and hoping to find a guild that has a set raid schedule.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Too far back to remember the BC bosses and raids since I was young, but I can't honestly say I've had experience taking down bosses on major difficulties (except for BC).

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Prior guilds would only be my BC guild, Salt of the Earth (Lothar - Alliance), and my reason for leaving was... boredom? Hahaha honestly not sure why I stopped playing back then.

Character Information:

- Name & Class: Sprlzon, Priest

- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... an/Sprlzon

- Race & professions: Undead, Enchanting, and Jewelcrafting

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Disc/Holy, haven't commited to one yet. In WoD, I played a Holy priest for raiding because there were too many Disc priests. I am planning on playing Disc priest this time around unless the guild needs a holy priest more.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Generally speaking, when health isn't being spiked low, I'll keep shield up on tanks, keep shadow word pain up on boss, rotate between using schism, solace, penance, and smite to maximize atonement. For AoE, I'll use halo, then radiance(x2), evangelism if the damage is heavy, then rotate damage on boss. If I know the boss will spike damage on a group of people or one person, I'll use CDs as necessary, e.g. rapture and apply shields to targets that will get chunked. After that, rotate damage spells again, cast shadow mend when needed, keep shields up on tanks, etc. Other than that, the longer CDs will be used too specifically to dive deeper into that detail, don't wanna clutter this app more than I already have heh

- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? N/A, as I'm just now coming back to the game

- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? Just the grand army ring, I'll farm any that I need to based off the guidance of the resources listed below

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Int > Haste > Crit > Mastery > Vers for disc, Int > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Vers for holy. Not sure about break points, haven't seen any info on that yet, but also I'm still taking in a lot of information and if it comes up then I'll know soon.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Mostly analyzing warcraftlogs based off clammy's recommendation, but also being active in multiple priest discords and using their personal judgement to take into consideration. Wowhead guides are also helping me get a grasp on rotations, stat priorities, and really just my role in a raid in general, but I'm using the data on warcraftlogs to single out what's most favorable. I'm open to any suggestions for better advice too, I'm more than eager to research and I enjoy doing it.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: https://i.imgur.com/1VcURGk.jpg (still missing some addons and few bindings)

- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... an/sprlzon (Just made it now)

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? GPU: 1060 3gb, CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, Memory: 16gb DDR4-3200MHz, as for FPS? Not quite sure, but definitely enough.

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I have an extensive history in high level Overwatch competitive play. I played across multiple teams for 1.5yr, played with tempo storm, trialed with multiple orgs, and beat teams that were mainly consisted of Overwatch League members. I've developed quite a few lessons through that tedious trial-and-error process, such as how to take criticism from not only my coach but also my teammates, how to trust that person and accept when I am doing something wrong, how to change my mindset to make the changes the team needs, and how to communicate very effectively while under pressure or during intense fights. If that doesn't change your mind, then I guess I'll have to pull out the big guns, even if I come off as egotistical. So, what exactly are my big guns? I'm an highly trained shitposter and will impress you everyday with how low my intelligence can seemingly drop in one sentence. If that doesn't convince you, then I'm all out of cards cause I don't really have anything else to my name, but I am also willing to degrade myself and beg if it comes to that. All jokes aside though, I just know how to take criticism and won't put up an argument unless I firmly know what I'm talking about. I'm very receptive to advice and information, and I know when I don't have an ego to protect as I'm eager to learn from all of you. I might not have a lot going for me in game to prove myself, but hopefully you can take my experience and characteristics into heavier consideration as I can pick up on any game very quickly if it catches my attention such as WoW is doing again now.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I know SM through Clammy mostly, he's not a close friend but a friend nonetheless. I find him reputable, respectable, funny, and kind altogether, and he just seems like a genuinely cool guy. I knew he was looking for raiding members on twitter, so I talked to him about possibly joining. Also, from all the random times I've come by his stream while he was raiding or doing mythics, your community holds the characteristics I've been looking for in a guild (progression while also being wholesome and friendly).

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7515795036

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS). https://i.imgur.com/GvFZXMu.png

hamsword
User

Re: Sprizon, Undead Priest

Postby hamsword » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:56 pm

hello friend. Long time no see.

sprizon
User

Postby sprizon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:39 pm

!!! oh heck I was meant to ask clammy if that's the hamsword I remember hahaah holy shit dude it's been so long

Clammy
User

Postby Clammy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:57 pm

i vouch

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Hey I went ahead and PM'd you our Discord info.

Would you be able to do a short interview tomorrow sometime?
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

sprizon
User

Postby sprizon » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Hey Mooby, just a heads up, I responded to this question in a PM yesterday. I wasn't sure if you saw it or not, but I am more than happy to do an interview today (or tomorrow if it's too late for today now). If you respond here, PM me, or DM me on discord, I'll respond as soon as I can (think discord would be most convenient). Thanks !!

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”